• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:05
CEST 10:05
KST 17:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6993 users

Pick Your Power Interesting! - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 08:42 GMT
#974
On October 17 2011 16:15 wherebugsgo wrote:
I do I do I do

also I want super to die, where's Ace when you need him?

He's always around when we don't need him and then he's gone when we do


you need to stop talking.
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 09:07 GMT
#977
On October 17 2011 18:04 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2011 17:42 Arctocod wrote:
On October 17 2011 16:15 wherebugsgo wrote:
I do I do I do

also I want super to die, where's Ace when you need him?

He's always around when we don't need him and then he's gone when we do


you need to stop talking.


You do too.

By that I mean you need to die, scum.

DIE SCUM DIE



Shut up, a day vigilante on you who's been trying to fucking sabotage town since day 1 would be quite useful.
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 10:38 GMT
#979
so is this what we've got?

1. Meapak_Ziphh
2. Kenpachi
3. JimboSilvers
4. deconduo
5. Mig
6. Cyber_Cheese
7. wherebugsgo
8. Scamp
9. sandroba
10. syllogism
11. Radfield
12. hiro protagonist
13. Mr. Wiggles
14. DropBear
15. bumatlarge
16. prplhz
17. Node
18. supersoft
19. Chaoser
20. Arctocod
21. Jackal58
22. GreYMisT
23. kitaman27
24. heist
25. Foolishness
26. Erandorr
27. JACCUZISPLAT
28. sinani206
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 10:40 GMT
#980
On October 17 2011 18:16 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2011 18:07 Arctocod wrote:
On October 17 2011 18:04 wherebugsgo wrote:
On October 17 2011 17:42 Arctocod wrote:
On October 17 2011 16:15 wherebugsgo wrote:
I do I do I do

also I want super to die, where's Ace when you need him?

He's always around when we don't need him and then he's gone when we do


you need to stop talking.


You do too.

By that I mean you need to die, scum.

DIE SCUM DIE



Shut up, a day vigilante on you who's been trying to fucking sabotage town since day 1 would be quite useful.


Vote me then!

Come on, I dare you. Backup your empty threats.


Consider yourself permanently ignored.
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 11:02 GMT
#981
ok sorry, jimbo is probably scum, not sure who's town in my list then.
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 12:51 GMT
#983
Meapak_Ziphh


Alright town, I think we have our lynch of the day.

Summary, for those of you looking for the tl;dr version:

  • Meapak casually and without responsibility gives his thoughts on the setup
  • Meapak decides to run for mayor
  • Meapak trashes the very town-looking mig/radfield train and accuses me of being scum
  • Meapak withdraws his application
  • Meapak claims roleblock on his invention


Now here's the story from A-Z, if you wanna get with me you've gotta listen carefully.

Opening thoughts

First off, Meapak writes two pretty bland posts about how we should be picking roles and what we should be doing with them, it's not to terribly revealing in itself.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=11796175

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=11800108

Now, you see, this could simply be a townie who's not quite sure how to play the game. What's especially revealing is that meapak feels the need to make sure that this is just his speculations. If we pick him up on the advice and it turns out it sucks, he cannot be held responsible.

Why make this post if you're town?

On October 13 2011 06:37 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
/thinking out loud.


It only accomplishes two things. First off it reduces the chances people will listen to him, something townies do NOT want, and it throws away responsibility, something mafia really does want.

Candidacy

Now as for his candidacy, it's basically thrown together, and is solely based on the fact that he's the inventor. There is nothing in it except an attempt at suggesting a ridiculously overpowered invention in the hopes of catching us in his net.

But really, that's about it. There is nothing in this that makes me think he's town. He expects to be voted through the power of his role alone. This is something mafia would like, as it's a free ride to the mayor position.

He isn't even arguing who should be lynched or trying to paint himself town.

Sowing mistrust

His next big post is really bad.


On October 15 2011 02:25 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
People should NOT be voting for Mig/Syllo/Sandroba. It's the first day in a game with multiple factions, no one should be trusting anyone at this point. I don't think all of those three are scum, however I'd bet at least one of them is and since I'm not sure who, there's no way I'll vote for any of them. Mig and I had a conversation on IRC where he told me he really didn't want to be mayor but syllo was pushing him hard. When I asked him why syllo was pushing so hard he said because syllo was sure he was town because of skype conversations. Sandroba is probably the one I'm least suspicious of right now so if I had to pick one of these three for scum it'd be syllo.

Also Arcotcod,

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 20:55 Arctocod wrote:
On October 14 2011 20:46 Scamp wrote:
Trusting someone's judgement just because they are town is idiotic.


On the contrary, at this point I have very little to go by except the election posts themselves. The only people I have been in contact with outside of this thread are Syllogism, Kitaman27 and DropBear. I have a reason to believe Syllogism is town.

I also believe Syllogism has an excellent nose for Mig's alignment in PM games, so by extension Mig must be town. While I would myself rather talk directly to Mig, until I have been in contact with him, I find Syllogism's judgement to be good enough proof, seeing as he is one of the best players in this game.

However, what is your purpose, trying to cloud my judgement, why do you step in to cast doubt upon something that I have good reasons to do?


This bolded part is the scummiest thing I've read all game. Just because you think syllo is town does in no way mean mig is also town. Especially considering you've never talked to mig.


Apparently I am the scummiest person in the game for supporting townies, and the townie train we have now in the lead of town is something no one should vote for?

Meapak is actively trying to throw mistrust into a very successful day one townie circle thing, and thus he's directly pushing mafia objectives. Another damning thing from this is that he actually doesn't follow up at all his poke on me, and in the end he ends up supporting radfield into office, who is clearly part of the townie circle with Mig.

Meapak hasn't actually tried to find scum at all this game.

For comparison

This is meapak's day 1 play as town in experimental haunted mafia:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=250999&user=82024&user=82024

Just notice the actively asking questions, directly pointing out people and making sure they reply to him. This is something meapak is sure as hell not doing this game.


Conclusion:

Meapak has not pushed his reads, he's chosen to play his hand tight, he has not tried scumhunting and he's not been useful for town. All he has done is try to plant mistrust and passively push mafia agenda. His meta is far removed from his play in EHM where he was town.

Meapak is scum

##Vote Meapak_Ziphh
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 13:59 GMT
#986
By the looks of it we have another potential target for Ace WBG!
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 14:43 GMT
#987
On October 17 2011 22:58 prplhz wrote:

arctocod came with a huge big list of people who are scum, and then he went for meapak. but i thought i'd seen that analysis before, mostly based on meta and on people not being as active as he'd like to. and looking a bit back i actually had seen it before. in a game where arctocod was scum and jack was town. a lot of people made insincere bids to the mayor position, kenpachi, greymist, chaoser just because he ran for mayor doesn't make him scum. and in the end he supported the same townie train that everybody voted for, i'm like 95% sure that both radfield and mig are townies at this point (not that i'm not watching them anyway).

what's in the meapak analysis is no where near damning, and just throwing accusations about isn't really very townie play to me. did you even PM meapak about any of this?

a lot of people have been complaining about meapak lately so maybe there's something to it but i really need to see someone make a decent case before i'll consider voting for him. and palmar is not nearly good enough a mafia player to use meta, mostly i'd say he just uses it to make his analysis seem better while in reality, it isn't. i don't like that at all.



There is a huge difference between those two things, most notably that the analysis on Jackal is mostly complete bullshit (it is actually impossible to write a pbp analysis on jackal on day 1), while this one isn't.

Meapak actually has a useful day 1 meta, something jackal lacks.

And I'm more than good enough to use meta, stfu.

I'm always right, hang meapak.
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 15:38 GMT
#991
On October 18 2011 00:26 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Arctocod you're cute.


You didn't agree to my terms, I think we should kill you.
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 15:45 GMT
#993
On October 18 2011 00:44 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 00:38 Arctocod wrote:
On October 18 2011 00:26 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Arctocod you're cute.


You didn't agree to my terms, I think we should kill you.

Don't you have something to tell the thread Arcto?

I don't care if I die, I think you're scum and I will not give away the best thing I've done for the town.


you're so cute when you do that meapak!

♥
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 15:50 GMT
#996
On October 18 2011 00:47 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 00:45 Arctocod wrote:
On October 18 2011 00:44 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On October 18 2011 00:38 Arctocod wrote:
On October 18 2011 00:26 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Arctocod you're cute.


You didn't agree to my terms, I think we should kill you.

Don't you have something to tell the thread Arcto?

I don't care if I die, I think you're scum and I will not give away the best thing I've done for the town.


you're so cute when you do that meapak!

♥

What's wrong, lose your nerve at the last moment?

I have to go soon so hurry up.


nah, I don't actually wanna follow through with my threats right now, I'll save it for later.
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 15:56 GMT
#998
On October 18 2011 00:51 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 00:49 syllogism wrote:
Rad raises some good points, but I'd like to hear more from Meapak, specifically who does he consider a solid lynch today. Arctocod apparently, but how about building an actual case

I'm waiting to see if Arcto goes through with an incredibly short-sighted and foolish plan. If he does then we're going to have a lot to talk about. I'm going to be gone in about 9 minutes though so he needs to hurry up.


don't hold your breath.
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 16:21 GMT
#1001
I might die today lol
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 16:24 GMT
#1003
On October 18 2011 01:24 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 01:21 Arctocod wrote:
I might die today lol

You might.

♥

I think I'll be fine.
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 20:42 GMT
#1014
On October 17 2011 19:38 Arctocod wrote:
so is this what we've got?

1. Meapak_Ziphh
2. Kenpachi
3. JimboSilvers
4. deconduo
5. Mig
6. Cyber_Cheese
7. wherebugsgo
8. Scamp
9. sandroba
10. syllogism
11. Radfield
12. hiro protagonist
13. Mr. Wiggles
14. DropBear
15. bumatlarge
16. prplhz
17. Node
18. supersoft
19. Chaoser
20. Arctocod
21. Jackal58
22. GreYMisT
23. kitaman27
24. heist
25. Foolishness
26. Erandorr
27. JACCUZISPLAT
28. sinani206



Updated
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 17 2011 21:05 GMT
#1015
come one guys

heist
jimbo
wherebugsgo
mr. wiggles

everyone else has claimed, feel free to do so in pms
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 18 2011 09:12 GMT
#1078
On October 18 2011 10:05 Jackal58 wrote:
Meapak isn't inventor. He's NRA. Somebody else on his team is inventor.


you're so out of the loop lol
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 18 2011 09:27 GMT
#1079
Jackal58, come at me, let's do this

Give me a hug bro, I know you want it, I'm ready, let's do this man.

Come on.

♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 18 2011 09:34 GMT
#1081
alternative link in spoiler for those who can't watch the video

+ Show Spoiler +
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
October 18 2011 09:36 GMT
#1082
I'm waiting Romeo!
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4493
Leta 1716
BeSt 434
Soulkey 380
Soma 143
ZergMaN 31
Shine 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm130
XcaliburYe23
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g8579
WinterStarcraft714
Sick233
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos394
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 56m
Patches Events
6h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 56m
OSC
14h 56m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.