• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:24
CEST 05:24
KST 12:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8206 users

TL Mafia L - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 00:22 GMT
#3930
On January 24 2012 09:21 Jayjay54 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 09:15 Jackal58 wrote:
On January 24 2012 09:10 VisceraEyes wrote:
I meant that if BM flips town, then BC belongs where BM is at on my list because I believe that one of them is scum.

So answer me this. If BM is town how does that make BC scummy? Cause I'm pretty sure the safer bet is if BM is scum so is BC. We have no dead bodyguards. If BM is red and BC is green we would have at least one dead one by now if the body guards are town. The only thing with anycertainty I can get out of this lynch is that whatever BM is BC and his body guards are the same.


if both are scum, why would they switch the bodyguards? There is no benefit. I'd keep them blue and kill one at some point.

Yes. Goes to my point that what BM is BC is most likely as well
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 02:13 GMT
#3961
On January 24 2012 09:24 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 09:15 Jackal58 wrote:
On January 24 2012 09:10 VisceraEyes wrote:
I meant that if BM flips town, then BC belongs where BM is at on my list because I believe that one of them is scum.

So answer me this. If BM is town how does that make BC scummy? Cause I'm pretty sure the safer bet is if BM is scum so is BC. We have no dead bodyguards. If BM is red and BC is green we would have at least one dead one by now if the body guards are town. The only thing with anycertainty I can get out of this lynch is that whatever BM is BC and his body guards are the same.


Because I think they're different alignments based on conversations I've had with BC.

Where do you stand on WBG Jackal, now that you're here and talkative?

He hasn't called me useless yet. If I had another bullet I'd shoot him.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 10:45 GMT
#4321
Wow. Game is over and I'm alive. That doesn't happen unless I'm scum. GG all.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 13:54 GMT
#4326
On January 24 2012 15:14 Slardar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 15:09 Bill Murray wrote:
Losing L was like losing our Bobby Fischer, and living in the land of Caller


Yeah, TSN Turning Point provided by none other than Jackal58. What prompted you to shoot him Jackal?

Proactinium. I read L's filter and realized that in all of his posts he actually said absolutely nothing. Boil it all down and you got "Duh". Incog apparently came to the same conclusion at about the same time I did. I was seriously considering waiting another day but I figured there was a pretty good chance I'd get lynched since I was on the same list he had L on. I also briefly considered shooting VE. But his filter wasn't anything at all like L's. So instead of shooting him I just started calling him scum. If VE was scum he would have a major meltdown around the 3rd time I fos'd him. He never did so I was pretty sure he was town. But it was still fun calling him scum.
I can't believe people still thought I was scum after shooting their Godfather.

Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 14:38 GMT
#4329
On January 24 2012 23:34 L wrote:
Annnnd back on hiatus.

You're safe. I only had 1 bullet.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 16:36 GMT
#4345
On January 25 2012 01:27 rgTheSchworz wrote:
As scum I think I played quite badly.
Sheth picked up on that.That goes to show sc2 players are not that stupid.

I kept bussing partly because it was inevitable, partly to make cases down the line stronger.

I realize it's not simple to get out of your cell as mafia and go finger random guys.Even if you think like a townie, I felt that there were a few subtleties I couldn't grasp.


Playing scum is hard. Harder than being a townie. You are the hunted. Hiding is next to impossible. That's the reason a lot of first time scum lurk. They think they're hiding. But really the best way to play is to hide in plain sight. Disagree with people. Push cases on town lurkers. Put out your own reads. Even on a teammate. Lie. Lie Lie.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 16:48 GMT
#4348
I should probably apologize for posting while drunk but I won't.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 17:48 GMT
#4353
On January 25 2012 02:18 EchelonTee wrote:
Well played town. I only had a few hours day to day to read and analyze; I really didn't contribute much but my vote, as my reads were pretty abysmal. I was quite sure sandroba/bm were town D1/2, and the only reads I was sure of were town views on kita, meapak, CC, Adam, etc. Easily enough town gods foolishness/incog/BC destroyed the Mafia.... in big games, if the mafia plays terribad, lowly inexperienced analysts such as myself aren't really needed. I had some posts prepared at various points in the game, but just looking over them I realize that stepping back and letting the town's well oiled machine run was better than mucking up things. I established my own town status decently enough; honestly was trying to look like a lurking blue but ah well.

jayjay's play was really good. he's going to be great sometime.

All in all I had a lot of fun, hope I didn't harm people's experience by low activity levels. was awesome seeing super protown in action.

You were one of the people I wanted to talk to BC about if he masoned me. Along with Opz, Nisani, glurio, BrownBear and Lanaia. I knew Bum was scum the second he suggested I offed my own GF for townie points. Only pissed off scum would say that. I don't think I was even aware munk E was in the game.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 23:27 GMT
#4380
On January 25 2012 06:38 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 23:38 Jackal58 wrote:
On January 24 2012 23:34 L wrote:
Annnnd back on hiatus.

You're safe. I only had 1 bullet.

Full retard team is scarier than bullets.

I fell you pain man. Playing scum is hard enough but getting stuck with people that don't care or don't get it is extremely frustrating. Winning as the bad guys requires a team effort.


On January 25 2012 07:17 Ver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 13:51 bumatlarge wrote:
Call me crazy, but this was the last post of a VETERAN PLAYER WHO HAPPENS TO BE A DETECTIVE.

On January 22 2012 06:26 Protactinium wrote:
On January 21 2012 17:33 Foolishness wrote:
Mafia list has to be something like:

Meapak, Munk-E, Bill Murray, evantrees, BrownBear, Kenpachi.

Substitute in glurio, Opz, EchelonTee, vaderseven, Slardar for the ones that flip town.

On January 21 2012 17:49 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Foolishness amend the list please. I strongly believe atm WBG has a high chance of flipping red.

I would place glurio higher on your list. I also believe that based on play, opz is far more likely to be red.


Disagree here.

I don't see why Meapak is a strong case yet. I'm sticking with

Bill Murray
OpZ
bumatlarge

Don't see wbg either. His play fits his town play more than mafia even if he is wrong a lot.

Then go on to inactives.

I don't think Kenpachi is red based on L's statements suggesting that Kurumi shot Ciryandor. I'm going to guess that L truly did think Kurumi would shoot Kenpachi, and thus didn't roleblock him that night, but it backfired (nobody else claimed the Ciryandor shot). L also was pushing Kenpachi strangely, so it doesn't fit strongly in my book.

evantrees feels town to me for his earlier response to my accusation. It feels pretty spontaneous and unplanned.

Everyone else is fair game.

Bill Murray dies tomorrow, and we vote for double lynch. OpZ and bumatlarge die the next day.


gee i wonder if this should impact who i think is scum...


Missed this earlier but pretty lol. After incog hands the town every mafia its killed and flips detective (even if he is noob dt), he gives a 3/3 mafia list and a bunch of innocents correctly and is immediately double shot afterwards. Instead of just listening to him, town proceeds to ignore it and focus on wild conspiracy theories while the mafia was trying to lynch its own players lol.

Also Hiro your case was quite good. I think it could've been a little more convincing if you had used mafia 48 as additional evidence as well as a game where he was town. Something like pointing out the contrast between sandroba's day 1 and day 2 behavior in both games and showing the incongruence of his play as mafia versus how he plays as town. Basically the thing with cases is that most of the time you have to add in additional reinforcement to convince people that didn't factor in to you making your decision. But your posts were very pro town and I can't conceive how people thought you were suspicious. Probably would've been more optimal to just say cyber was town though and not give his role. That only helps the town.

I had written a 10,000 word essay directed at Ph3nom to try to explain to him why he was wrong. Every other word was "suck" or "fuck" so I just deleted it and went to bed.
Life can only kill you once.
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 236
NeuroSwarm 182
FoxeR 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3487
Leta 1844
Bale 61
Shine 17
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g8062
JimRising 579
WinterStarcraft436
ViBE144
Mew2King18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick657
BasetradeTV195
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta20
• Light_VIP 19
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo740
Other Games
• Scarra1056
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 36m
Patches Events
11h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 36m
OSC
19h 36m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.