• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:55
CEST 23:55
KST 06:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11356 users

Surprisingly Normal Mini Mafia III - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 11 2011 19:05 GMT
#486
I'm leaving in half an hour for a graduation, and if I have time while I'm waiting I'll try to come up with some analysis, but i CANNOT be the only one doing it for this town.

Steff: Analyse. It doesn't matter if you aren't good, the only way that you will get better is by trying. Read Ver's guide to Mafia XXX if you don't know where to start.

Palmar: Don't sheep. Figure out who has the better arguments, and go back and read the beginning carefully now that you know who is who from the flips.

Dementrio: Get in here and post more. I still think that you are town, but you really need to be more active. What are your thoughts on the lynch, who is scummy, and why?
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 11 2011 20:03 GMT
#489
On June 12 2011 04:44 stefftastiq wrote:
so you suspect there were 2 veterans 1 vigi (and even more blues) on the town side vs 3 scum?


No, I thought that there would be three blues. I KNOW that there are two vets, and I thought that the third was Jeejee (DT), but now that I know there is a vig(you), I'm certain that there are no more blue roles. Meaning that I no longer belive JeeJee to be the DT.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 11 2011 20:09 GMT
#490
On June 12 2011 01:57 stefftastiq wrote:
I think my vote is going to Kavdragon as well for the moment - even tho he has seemed to play townish, it might have been a bit too townish? - someone wrote in SNMMII that mafia is very much about what you make people believe..

Been going through the thread and I agree with the previous post - and it can seem that he has 'controlled' the game by being town - since scum dont really have to rely on lynching townies as long as we do that ourself - then they just sit back and kill the most obvious townie at night or a random - which I guess why he wanted the vigi to claim.

as for now I see both JeeJee and Prplz go on Kav while Prplz also says JeeJee is scum.

Ill put my vote on Kav for now - and I think i need a really good argument to change it, also a lot of the people who were suspicious about Kav in past now are dead - this might make things right

##Vote Kavdragon


I've been lynched for that reason my past two games. I was town both times.

The argument that "he is too townie" is retarded. I've proved it with my dead body twice, and I don't want to have to prove it again.

The fact that I have, as you say "controlled" the town is only because the real town was willing to sheep behind my arguments, and since I was wrong, scum sheeped behind them too.

Everyone has to contribute in this game. You cannot have one player doing all the work, or something like this happens: The leader gets stuff wrong, and then scum lynch him. Yes, mafia is about manipulating opinion, but that's true for town just as much as it is for scum. Just because I'm better at it than some doesn't mean that I'm scum. Look at the intentions behind my posts.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 12 2011 02:43 GMT
#515
Sigh. I got back too late. Did I really screw the town over that bad?
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 12 2011 02:45 GMT
#517
Also, before the post:

JeeJee, Dementrio and Prplhz were my team.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 12 2011 02:47 GMT
#519
Lol. A bit late, but accurate non the less. If only I had been able to convince you earlier.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 12 2011 23:33 GMT
#547
Right, so I know I played, but I'll post my thoughts on a few things.

The number one thing that everyone should take from this game is to look at voting reactions. This game was clearer than it will almost ever be, so it can provide a very good example:

Day one: Everyone piles on the votes. There is NO way that mafia would let one of their own get that high in the votes without a fight, and the only real reason why I didn't press that point was because I was vet and didn't think that it would be possible for two vets in the same setup. Otherwise, this should have been a clear indicator that Sinani was innocent. (Sure, the replacement isn't necessarily scum, but at least you have a much clearer town read on Sinani than you do on the replacement). I was stupid for ignoring that fact too much.

Day two: Everyone votes at the beginning of the day, and there is no real push for a different lynch. I don't think there was ever a person with over 1 vote until the end, other than OriginalName. In addition to this, there was VERY little discussion about anything that day. That won't happen if scum are unhappy with the lynch. Again, another huge tell that OriginalName wasn't scum. (I'm actually going to revise the statement I made earlier, and say that the reaction from people is MORE important that the initial analysis.)

Day three: Again, the same thing happened: There was really only one person up for lynch, and not a lot of discussion surrounding it. No one was fighting for me, and people were making weak arguments against me. Even though I explained my play, people keep on the vote. Late in the day it should have been clear from the reaction to the voting that I was town, if not from an analysis of my play.

Look for things like this in future games because more often than not they will flip someone before they die and you can revise the lynch.

I for my part failed terrifically on my analyses, but read the responses correctly. Perhaps with this game as a reference I will be able to convince people of the truth of reading the response better.

I'd actually be interested to know why those townies left voted for me, because I thought that I explained myself rather well. (Especially with the vet claim that would make no sense for me to use after Sinani flipped Vet AND I said that it's perfect for scum to fake claim).

Congratulations to the mafia, you guys played well.

I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
June 13 2011 06:01 GMT
#549
On June 13 2011 13:29 sinani206 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 06:42 sinani206 wrote:
On June 06 2011 05:39 Varpulis wrote:
If you would be so kind, please tell us
  • who you think is town, and why
  • who you think is mafia, and why
  • If you had to lynch somebody other than stefftastiq, who would it be and why


OriginalName
Postlist:
  1. points out the obvious
  2. "chill" post
  3. answers a question that doesn't have to do with him
  4. joke
  5. sleeping in excuse post
  6. votes for stefftastiq

What we may have here is a scum trying to hid among the actives with 6 contentless posts since the Day 1 post.

youngminii
Much like ON until he votes for Palmar. I'm not really sure what to make of him.

Mataza
He switches from his usual townie style after being accused and then not a lot of content after that. Not much more to say.

JeeJee
He has been quite town-friendly. Good content, especially in his later posts.

unichan
Lurks, votes for Palmar, and then unvotes, saying it was just to see how Palmar would react. This is a scummy excuse because he didn't say he was doing it for a reaction when he voted.

Palmar
Confusing.

Kavdragon
Says to focus on lurkers then lurks.

dementrio
Hesmyrr was very active and town-friendly and dementrio's first post seems to continue this trend.

Varpulis
Most active, but sometimes this is what the mafia try to do. 75% town.

prplhz
Medium activity, tries his hardest.

stefftastiq
I am sticking with him unless one of the other players I marked red surprises me.

If I couldn't vote for stefftastiq, I would vote for Kavdragon, because he is a lurker and scummy.



I guess I'm really good at scumhunting? Like some type of insane vanilla townie role?


That's pretty hilarious. Though, at that point in the game I think I wasn't too far off of that either.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 240
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm103
League of Legends
Doublelift3625
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4878
Other Games
summit1g9300
FrodaN2332
Liquid`RaSZi2057
C9.Mang0302
crisheroes289
ToD277
Livibee195
Pyrionflax162
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1087
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• musti20045 42
• Adnapsc2 26
• HeavenSC 15
• Sammyuel 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Shiphtur670
• WagamamaTV301
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 6m
Replay Cast
1h 6m
OSC
14h 6m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.