• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:19
CEST 10:19
KST 17:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7590 users

Pick Their Power Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 31 2011 21:41 GMT
#781
We all reveal who we gave the roles to right? Mafia can pick off people that gave them their roles and can falseclaim virtually ANY role. Do you have a check to that in this plan? Because that's what I see at a first glance.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 19:54 GMT
#1088
Let's get down to the important stuff, the all button is gone and I can't make heads or tails of the vote thread. I'll read through this thread diligently and see if I can mangle something out of it. Why don't we just list all of the good candidates. It's probably necessary because looking at the vote thread I thought people were just making a lot of placeholders so they could put their real votes on later, but skimming through the main thread, I see that isn't true.

Day 1 lynch is turning out to be a crapshoot, and the good stuff doesn't come til after night anyway, so I'll just try to give the best and simplest solution. I'll make a list of the prominent candidates (people who have more then two people on them) so we can at least keep our first lynch in a non-spammy order. That's obviously the chief problem. Organization. We have none.

Tackster (6)
Sandroba (4)
VisceraEyes (4)
tnkted (4)

These are obviously the main focuses for one reason or another. With the deadline soon, if one of these people are scum, it's simply a matter of switching a single vote to make an upset. That isn't cool. So I suggest everyone pick one of these, or if you are still convinced someone else is scum, Underline their name in top of your post, and then spoiler your analysis and reasons, and put them in a readable fashion.

One good thing I'll say is because the votes are very tight, scum can't really predict the lynch target or save them without some last minute stuff. So I suggest you switch or explain now, so we can avoid townies doing some last minute junk.

And don't defend someone you don't have a good assessment on. If they aren't at the top of the list, then they aren't going to be lynched, and you are clogging up the thread. I like how people are being very direct with their points and accusations, but the sheer number of them are making it very hard for anyone to notice what you say. When two people are discussing someone's lackluster posting over two other people commenting on another person's non-existent contributions, it fills up pages fast. Don't make me read whatever is in your head at the time. It's funny, people complaining about other people not talking right and then other people comment on those people and then we lose the All button.

Also @kurumi and other people, try to format your posts better so people will want to read them. Use all those fancy indents and lists to make your posts more approachable. I remember I just had to stop talking with kurumi just because I could not gather where he was going with his ideas.

PICK A PERSON OR MAKE A CASE OR SUCK MY COCK.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 20:06 GMT
#1092
Oh 1 hour left go figure. Well, tackster isn't screaming at the top of his lungs like in insane2, so he's probably scum.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 20:53 GMT
#1148
Woah big jump to Mr. eyes, I dont even remember him in the thread...
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 20:56 GMT
#1155
Uh, BC is important lol you definitely do not want to kill him off day 1 without being really certain visc, think this through.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 20:57 GMT
#1158
On June 02 2011 05:55 chaos13 wrote:
What does that role even do?


zombies in this forum tend to be able to kill someone who lynched them. I really hope this is a desperate scum move by visc to get votes off him, but I think he would have said that sooner as sucm...
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 21:06 GMT
#1184
SAD FACES FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Now what do I do with myself visc? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT..

*grumble*ruining my fun *grumble*
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 21:15 GMT
#1196
Well I guess I don't really have a choice but to act like a claimed SK day1. That's cool. I have to survive to win anyway, so I'll just ally with town for however long they want to keep me around. I'm bulletproof of course, so you would have to use a lynch on me, or maybe some bomb or BP-penetrating thing.

Maybe BC needed to be the hero gotham needed instead of the one it deserved LOLOLOLOLOL
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 21:21 GMT
#1201
On June 02 2011 06:17 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 06:15 bumatlarge wrote:
Well I guess I don't really have a choice but to act like a claimed SK day1. That's cool. I have to survive to win anyway, so I'll just ally with town for however long they want to keep me around. I'm bulletproof of course, so you would have to use a lynch on me, or maybe some bomb or BP-penetrating thing.

Maybe BC needed to be the hero gotham needed instead of the one it deserved LOLOLOLOLOL

Is your role only Joker? I don't think people can collaborate on role picking. What is your original role?


I figured it was divine intervention when I got the role. BC's role and my role were obviously predetermined. Which leaves two people who did not give powers. Take a guess at who those individuals are.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 21:50 GMT
#1221
On June 02 2011 06:23 Varpulis wrote:
I've got some thoughts about tonight.
  1. Vigis need to be patient. I feel that it would be very beneficial if we held off on shooting for at least the first night.
  2. Lurkers and the others on today's lynch list need to get checked, so that's where detective roles should focus

I have no clue what medics should be doing, and giving direct instructions will be beneficial to scum, so I'll let those with protective roles make their own judgements.

It's good that BC is willing to work with us. Because scum can't touch you, would you mind sharing the role/alignment in its entirety?

From your posts I infer that you're a survivor (3rd party), but the joker doesn't walk around unarmed. If claiming is a bad idea for a reason I'm missing, ignore this request.


Sure, all the complicated stuff was similar to BC's, I would know who he is, but couldnt reveal him or get modkilled. I would copy paste the PM, but that's against the rules.

It makes sense along with BCs role. I can kill every night, so occasionally he might protect them or what not. I also "somehow manage to avoid getting killed". I'm assuming that's a vest of sorts. My alignment is Serial Killer. So I'll target whoever you guys want me to. Lynch me if I don't. I benefit if I hit scum now since you guys mislynched spectacularly, and offed essentially an OP medic role.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 21:52 GMT
#1223
Get 8 people to say Kill: chaose13, then I will.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 21:53 GMT
#1228
I would say listen to Node. I think he knows what he's talking about.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 01 2011 22:13 GMT
#1239
On June 02 2011 07:07 chaos13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 06:53 Mataza wrote:
And killing chaos13 should be a nobrainer. Palmar declared himself some sort of fistpound-driven alignment checker. If you flip town, Palmar is marked for death.
Or does anyone want to do it Ace style, first kill the cop and then his claim?



Even if he is a DT-type role, I haven't fistpounded him. He has posted nothing to incriminate me so far.

bumatlarge, do you have to kill someone every night? If so, I would suggest either Mataza or GMarshal, but I'll be re-reading a lot of posts during this night phase, and that may change yet.


Im not a compulsive Vig, I can kill someone, I don't have to. Treat it like a double lynch, dont feel forced to shoot anyone.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 02 2011 00:42 GMT
#1275
I believe that's easy to explain tackster. The joker is my role, an SK gets a role on top of his alignment. Batman and joker obviously were added into the game by the host, and we have predetermined powers. I believe there are other normal SKs in the game.

And would you really think the joker would b a town aligned role? If I had thought town was that gullible, I would have tried to tell everyone that deconduo wasn't the real host. My role leads me to believe I don't have a standard vest, as it specifically states I miraculously survive hits. Fairly certain protection piercing kp or lynch will kil me.

I think you should read more into it tackster then spreading false information. I'm not going to go against win condition which is to survive. Since that mostly involves not getting lynched, I don't really have a choice in not claiming.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 02 2011 01:03 GMT
#1284
I dont really care what individuals say, I'll do whatever the majority wants me to so I can stay alive. It's easy for scum to push a lynch on me, because I can easily hit one of them on a whim and they can't do jack shit about it, except lynch me. Read PYP3.

My reads? I haven't really been paying much attention aside from making myself look town. I doubt I would be able to get a good scum read day 1.

I'll kill sinani, sure. I mean bringing batman back is fine by me, but you should watch batman and the red hood before you do (awesome movie go watch it, extremely relevant to this game)
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 02 2011 01:18 GMT
#1294
On June 02 2011 10:04 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 09:42 bumatlarge wrote:
My role leads me to believe I don't have a standard vest, as it specifically states I miraculously survive hits. Fairly certain protection piercing kp or lynch will kil me. .


lol good one. You just finish saying your role is different than your sk alignment and now you think your role doesn't make you bulletproof. Are you sure you're not scum?

Show nested quote +

Serial Killer
You win if you are the last one standing. You have a bulletproof vest that can survive two night hits. You also have a gun that has two bullets.


Can you not read? Where do I say it doesn't make me bulletproof? I said things that go through bulletproof will probably kill me I.E. sucide bomber or roles specifically designed to go through them.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 02 2011 03:16 GMT
#1315
Yeah jackal is in a circle with me. I could have said that for you jackal lol...
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 02 2011 03:28 GMT
#1316
On June 02 2011 12:09 sinani206 wrote:
The whole point of this game is to use or roles to town's advantage. I think that reviving BC is worth it. If you don't, you're probably scum.


Well, if scum has responses to this, you are in a heep of do-do. They could shoot you the next night after lynching scum, and that would be an obnoxious flip of a really strong town power.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 02 2011 14:58 GMT
#1356
I'm going to shoot sinani, I don't see any real pro-town reason why I wouldn't. You guys need all the help you can get and, and I think a confirmed town BC is the best thing you can ask for. Plus, that might make it fun for me.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
June 02 2011 21:08 GMT
#1391
Roleblocked, touche scum.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4497
Leta 2321
BeSt 511
Soulkey 433
Soma 202
Rush 84
Shine 31
ZergMaN 29
Shinee 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe168
League of Legends
JimRising 568
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Other Games
WinterStarcraft733
Sick241
Pyrionflax0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2317
League of Legends
• Jankos1294
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 41m
Patches Events
6h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 41m
OSC
14h 41m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.