• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:53
CEST 05:53
KST 12:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7401 users

World at War Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 04 2010 07:47 GMT
#1820
On April 04 2010 13:41 JeeJee wrote:
fair enough
what's your take on his roleclaim? if you believe it why are you lynching a cop? if you don't, why not?


I don't believe he is a cop, because frankly anybody can say whatever they want here and not be verified, correct? Caller only shows up in times of dire situation for himself (ie: he's about to be lynched) and then he goes back to... whatever it is he's doing

when are you going to r/c jeejee?
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 04 2010 21:00 GMT
#1847
On April 05 2010 04:51 JeeJee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 16:47 nemY wrote:
On April 04 2010 13:41 JeeJee wrote:
fair enough
what's your take on his roleclaim? if you believe it why are you lynching a cop? if you don't, why not?


I don't believe he is a cop, because frankly anybody can say whatever they want here and not be verified, correct? Caller only shows up in times of dire situation for himself (ie: he's about to be lynched) and then he goes back to... whatever it is he's doing

when are you going to r/c jeejee?


i don't see the point tbh; if you haven't realized i'm town by now, well, i would advise you to follow the thread more closely in the future.

but i do love your post. "i don't believe his r/c because anyone can r/c whatever the fuck they want. btw when r u gonna r/c??" haha
maybe mafia should kill me and find out my role. if they want to take the risk

also, who's the next day extension-er? me countering opz's nuke a few min before it lands?


You can you're confirmed all you want, but unless i'm mistaken you saying something does not = it being true. I've claimed townie, but i'm still leading the game in votes to lynch am i not? The only publicly claimed confirmed roles are opz and abension right? Well that and everybody's that dead.

You subtly claim that if the mafia kills you it would have disastrous effects on them, that would lead me to believe you are a blue role, or you're bsing the mafia. Whatever I don't really care.
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 05 2010 01:22 GMT
#1861
On April 05 2010 07:43 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Or Iaaan I guess to extend the day...

but Nemy...Your job is to nuke Nikon. If not, you not you might as well claim mafia right now....


not sure what you're trying to say with that last part there, but ##Nuke Nikon
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 05 2010 01:23 GMT
#1862
For the record i'm not really for nuking anybody, but it seems as though there's a general consensus that nikon must be nuked so I did it
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 05 2010 06:26 GMT
#1869
On April 05 2010 11:28 d3_crescentia wrote:
Alright, it's time to speak up.

I am Sweden, a townie. ~OpZ~ asked earlier if I had done anything that was pro-town; I was the one who shot down the North Korean anony-nuke.

I understand that everyone else must be looking at me with suspicion due to my activity level. I'm frustrated too - in the past several games I've been unable to do much as a townie, and I get easily put off by big shitstorms of posting like those that occurred earlier in this game. I'm also frustrated that people always seem to turn to me whenever I'm not as active as some of the other people in the thread, and I have to keep giving the same tired old excuse. It's happened for the last couple of games whenever I've lapsed in regular posting, and it makes me a little sad and frustrated, but it's understandable that people can't take my word.

That's a lot of things that I have to deal with, because it's no excuse for not providing any input so far in this game. I apologize, and I'll work to make up for my lack of action thus far.

Here's what I think - we have an overabundance of townies and blues. Those people that haven't roleclaimed yet are also good targets to focus on, but we obviously can't expect everyone that's claimed so far to be telling the truth. First matter of order - resolve veteran claims. Iaaan/Nikon need to step up and describe in detail about how each of their abilities work. Since Iaaan has already done so, it seems to be Nikon's turn. Then we have Caller/Fishball to worry about.

Second, everyone claiming town needs to be examined thoroughly (myself included). Since we've got so many unclaimed roles with abilities, I'd imagine a few of our townies are actually mafia. Since Nemy's gone ahead and nuked Nikon, we should be looking at him first - but the rest of the town should be critically evaluated as well. We should all be careful of being too accepting of 'confirmed townies'.


For the record it's not like "i've gone ahead and nuked Nikon", every active player at that point in time was FOR nuking Nikon and while there was no official "consensus" on doing it, it seemed like the majority shared the same view of nuking him. I do agree that a few townies are most def. mafia. It's a matter of figuring out which ones are that.
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 05 2010 21:04 GMT
#1890
so like... when does the nuke hit?
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 06 2010 08:36 GMT
#1957
sup guys can i get a save?
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 06 2010 08:51 GMT
#1958
6. Nemy returns. Fires nukes at Nikon because he thinks the town wants him to. Actually, not many people were on so it's hard to say what anyone really wanted.
7. The nukes are reflected back to Nemy. I bet a lot of people missed this post:


I guess in the big picture not a lot of people were "explicitly" for it, but the people who have contributed the most/maybe most helpful to the town were the ones CALLING for it.

On April 05 2010 07:43 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Or Iaaan I guess to extend the day...

but Nemy...Your job is to nuke Nikon. If not, you not you might as well claim mafia right now....


On April 05 2010 08:40 Iaaan wrote:
##nuke abenson

to extend the day because I don't really have any nukes ^.^

Just waiting for nemy to nuke nikon O:


On April 05 2010 10:03 JeeJee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2010 07:38 ~OpZ~ wrote:
On April 05 2010 04:51 JeeJee wrote:
On April 04 2010 16:47 nemY wrote:
On April 04 2010 13:41 JeeJee wrote:
fair enough
what's your take on his roleclaim? if you believe it why are you lynching a cop? if you don't, why not?


I don't believe he is a cop, because frankly anybody can say whatever they want here and not be verified, correct? Caller only shows up in times of dire situation for himself (ie: he's about to be lynched) and then he goes back to... whatever it is he's doing

when are you going to r/c jeejee?


i don't see the point tbh; if you haven't realized i'm town by now, well, i would advise you to follow the thread more closely in the future.

but i do love your post. "i don't believe his r/c because anyone can r/c whatever the fuck they want. btw when r u gonna r/c??" haha
maybe mafia should kill me and find out my role. if they want to take the risk

also, who's the next day extension-er? me countering opz's nuke a few min before it lands?


You have your regular nuke, and a retaliatory one. It's on you to nuke Abenson, and abenson to retaliate on me.


you have as many retaliatory nukes as u want i thought? so i figured i might as well retal vs u otherwise that one will be wasted
but since iaaan tossed out a fake nuke, doesn't really matter
still waiting on nemy to toss a nuke nikon's way


On April 06 2010 09:00 Elemenope wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2010 01:16 ~OpZ~ wrote:
LMNOP hasn't said shit


I don't really havea nything new to say other than thanks for the anti-nuke d3? I still have my suspicions of Caller, nikon, d3, nemy due to previous reasons listed.

Nemy launched his nuke against Nikon which is what we wanted him to do to prove nikon's veteran status which is what this whole thing hinges around.

Unless you have any specific questions, I'm not sure what else to contribute until this nuke lands.

nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 06 2010 08:55 GMT
#1959
Welcome to WaW! This is a thematic Mafia game in which every player represents a country on the map. All Countries are divided into 2 factions: The Allies (pro-town) and The Conspiracy (Mafia).


I'm quoting this because I've seen a lot of talk about there being a third party in this mafia game. I highly doubt? there actually is, but perhaps there are two mafia factions?
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 06 2010 17:39 GMT
#1981
On April 06 2010 19:50 ~OpZ~ wrote:

Show nested quote +
INfund:
"Nemy returns. Fires nukes at Nikon because he thinks the town wants him to. Actually, not many people were on so it's hard to say what anyone really wanted."


Shit, I was under the impression he was following my suggestion. I believe a few agreed with me on that respect. One suspect nuking another suspect? God...Haster....Stop adding more and more to my suspicions. You even agreed it was a good idea to verify Iaaan AND/OR Nikon.
Lookie here...LMNOP was pretty much the first to attack Nikon after the two vet claims. Nikon could be third party...Honestly, it would make sense for him to claim vet, because he prob had an extra night/day life being third party.


Here, I'll quote the post on the previous page I made that shows YOU WEREN'T the only one lobbying for me to nuke Nikon. In fact it was you and 3 other people (2 others before I launched it, and one agreed with it after the fact). The way Infund words it makes me out to be some rogue just launching nukes at folks.

On April 06 2010 17:51 nemY wrote:
Show nested quote +
6. Nemy returns. Fires nukes at Nikon because he thinks the town wants him to. Actually, not many people were on so it's hard to say what anyone really wanted.
7. The nukes are reflected back to Nemy. I bet a lot of people missed this post:


I guess in the big picture not a lot of people were "explicitly" for it, but the people who have contributed the most/maybe most helpful to the town were the ones CALLING for it.

Show nested quote +
On April 05 2010 07:43 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Or Iaaan I guess to extend the day...

but Nemy...Your job is to nuke Nikon. If not, you not you might as well claim mafia right now....


Show nested quote +
On April 05 2010 08:40 Iaaan wrote:
##nuke abenson

to extend the day because I don't really have any nukes ^.^

Just waiting for nemy to nuke nikon O:


Show nested quote +
On April 05 2010 10:03 JeeJee wrote:
On April 05 2010 07:38 ~OpZ~ wrote:
On April 05 2010 04:51 JeeJee wrote:
On April 04 2010 16:47 nemY wrote:
On April 04 2010 13:41 JeeJee wrote:
fair enough
what's your take on his roleclaim? if you believe it why are you lynching a cop? if you don't, why not?


I don't believe he is a cop, because frankly anybody can say whatever they want here and not be verified, correct? Caller only shows up in times of dire situation for himself (ie: he's about to be lynched) and then he goes back to... whatever it is he's doing

when are you going to r/c jeejee?


i don't see the point tbh; if you haven't realized i'm town by now, well, i would advise you to follow the thread more closely in the future.

but i do love your post. "i don't believe his r/c because anyone can r/c whatever the fuck they want. btw when r u gonna r/c??" haha
maybe mafia should kill me and find out my role. if they want to take the risk

also, who's the next day extension-er? me countering opz's nuke a few min before it lands?


You have your regular nuke, and a retaliatory one. It's on you to nuke Abenson, and abenson to retaliate on me.


you have as many retaliatory nukes as u want i thought? so i figured i might as well retal vs u otherwise that one will be wasted
but since iaaan tossed out a fake nuke, doesn't really matter
still waiting on nemy to toss a nuke nikon's way


Show nested quote +
On April 06 2010 09:00 Elemenope wrote:
On April 06 2010 01:16 ~OpZ~ wrote:
LMNOP hasn't said shit


I don't really havea nything new to say other than thanks for the anti-nuke d3? I still have my suspicions of Caller, nikon, d3, nemy due to previous reasons listed.

Nemy launched his nuke against Nikon which is what we wanted him to do to prove nikon's veteran status which is what this whole thing hinges around.

Unless you have any specific questions, I'm not sure what else to contribute until this nuke lands.


nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 06 2010 17:42 GMT
#1982
On April 06 2010 22:46 Nikon wrote:
You shouldn't lynch me because of two things:

First: Lynch Caller, this will clear up a lot of things, whether there's a bus driver at all, if he's mafia, etc.
Secondly: Make the decision after Nemy gets hit. According to Opz, he's a suspect after all.


You were a suspect long before I was a suspect and that fact that you deflected my nuke right back at it me screams MAFIA.
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 06 2010 18:48 GMT
#1993
On April 07 2010 03:06 ~OpZ~ wrote:
...Nemy...I was defending you homie...

Why so defensive?

Haster even agreed. Which Inf was the one using hasters statement IN his long post detailing the actions of the thread.

Citizen, how does your ability work. You can retaliate, OR only nuke people that nuke you...


Because Inf. framed it in a way that makes me look really bad? Doesn't really matter now that inf's not in the game anymore. Anyways...

I have a (very real) nuke coming towards me and I have pretty strong suspicions on who the nuke came from (well actually... who redirected it, I was the one who lobbed the nuke out there)

On April 04 2010 12:58 Nikon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 01:15 Elemenope wrote:
On April 04 2010 00:21 Nikon wrote:
On April 03 2010 20:27 Elemenope wrote:
On April 03 2010 20:05 Nikon wrote:
On April 03 2010 17:02 Elemenope wrote:
On April 03 2010 13:50 Iaaan wrote:
Last, a solid roleclaim from me, I was being ambiguous before, I am Antarctica, a veteran. My powers are 1 extra life against nukes, and 1 extra life against night hits. This makes me suspicious of nikon still, if we are both veterans, why are our roles different? I asked him a little bit about his role on the last page, from what he has said it doesn't sound like he has an extra life against nukes.


This is interesting, and from this, only one thing comes to mind - though I'd like to hear Nikon's take about Iaaan claiming veteran before coming to a decision.


Well, it would make sense to have more than one Veteran in a setup where there are multiple parties that can nightkill...



You seem to be confused. I'm not interested about the fact that there are multiple people role claiming as 'Veteran'. What I'm more interested about is the fact that these same two roles have different abilities, yet you seem to be fine with this.

We have you who claimed to be hit during the night, yet you are wondering if Iaaan's claim of a free nuke block during the day is true or not, going so far as to launch a nuke at him. Yet Iaaan is also claiming to be a veteran with a free nuke block and a free night hit block, and you don't find this surprising even when he roleclaimed the same role as you?

You seem quite casual about this and I can only guess that due to the difference of abilities of the same claimed roles:
One or both of you are lying about your roleclaims.


Yeah, except that laaan said that he will survive nukes yesterday, and I nuked him before he claimed veteran. You assume we have different abilities because he's assuming so, based on information I said I want to withhold.


What was the point in nuking him? Let's assume these things:
A) You are a veteran
B) Veteran ability entails a free night hit which is standard, but not as standard: a free nuke hit
C) Nobody mentions that they are immune to a single nuke hit until Iaaan mentions it

Given these three things, you still launch a nuke at Iaaan when only B is something Veterans could know. Iaaan could've guessed the ability, thinking it makes sense given that given that nukes are in the hands of 22 people, somebody ought to have nuke protection, even if it is a one-shot ability; however, the chance of this is very slim in my eyes, especially coupled with the fact that he says
On April 03 2010 06:46 Iaaan wrote:
On April 03 2010 01:37 Nikon wrote:
I am a Veteran. I took a hit last night.

With that out of the way - laaan, if I nuke you, do you think it will hit?


It will hit, but it wont kill me. Do you have nuke protection to? and are you arctica?


in response to you role claiming Veteran. He clearly says that veterans also have a one-shot day nuke protection. Yet you go ahead and nuke him and choose to withhold your capabilities even while roleclaiming? You realize the problem with this, right?

On top of this, you claim that your missile is fake which accomplishes absolutely nothing in terms of confirming whether Iaaan is truly veteran or not as his ability, which you should know, blocks a nuke hit because, as Iaaan puts it which you are also implying by not denying the fact that veterans have a one-shot nuke protection, it gives an extra life against nukes which means an actual nuke has to hit.

Because of this, your only purpose in sending that nuke is to accomplish one of two things:
A) Burn up an antinuke which you did so well with your first nuke, or
B) Burn up a veteran's extra nuke protection

Both of which do not help the town at all.

So perhaps you could explain why you thought that someone stating he possesses an ability that hasn't been mentioned by anybody until then which somehow conveniently matches your ability would deserve a nuke in order to prove this ability? If he's not veteran: congratulations, you probably killed scum since he lied, but this means you also lied about your fake nuke on Zona. If he is veteran: you burned his day protection and you lied about your fake nuke on Zona. If your missile is a dud: you accomplished nothing at all in terms of extra information for the town and we have no confirmation of your first missile.

What was really going through your mind when you decided to nuke Iaaan?


Nuke me to find out.


Why shouldn't we move forward to lynch Nikon? I'm not sure. ##Vote Nikon
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 06 2010 21:10 GMT
#1996
... perhaps I have not made myself clear, Nikon was the one who redirected my nuke. Hence why I'm voting for him.

All in all it doesn't matter too much for me if I die at this point; I'm leaving town Wednesday morning and may or may not have limited internet access until Saturday/Sunday so my demise isn't going to be worth too much at this point. It hurts our numbers though... :/
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
April 11 2010 05:46 GMT
#2427
My thoughts (for the limited amount I truly played in this game)

Caller and LMNOP both looked scummy as hell to me (obviously this is easy to say after the game's over)

JeeJee played fucking awesome

The town is its own worst enemy when given the power(s) to instantly kill each other off.

I sucked this game obviously, sorry about that :/
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
FoxeR 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4210
Leta 1969
Bale 61
Shine 24
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 598
Other Games
summit1g8200
WinterStarcraft470
ViBE146
Mew2King19
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
BasetradeTV168
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo852
Other Games
• Scarra1054
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 7m
Patches Events
11h 7m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 7m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 7m
OSC
19h 7m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.