• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:41
CEST 11:41
KST 18:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9554 users

[LiquidParty] DotA2 Learning Group ^.^ - Page 16

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 57 Next
While this thread is labeled "DotA2", this is in fact a community thread first. Many of the users in the TL LoL subforum have been playing as friends for over a year now, so it makes logical sense that they would want to play other games together.

Do not compare DotA2 to LoL, you will get banned.

TL LoL veterans know what is expected. Newcomers be warned.

gl hf
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
March 16 2012 08:06 GMT
#301
rTU is actually the best dota player among us.

I'm just a dirty AM picker.

Yango doesn't even like dota, he just likes janggo.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
March 16 2012 11:18 GMT
#302
On March 16 2012 17:06 dnastyx wrote:
Yango doesn't even like dota, he just likes janggo.

What can I say man, I'm Chinese.

Janggo is like the most over-bought item in Chinese games ever.
Moderator
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
March 16 2012 11:36 GMT
#303
You saying Janggo is overbought? Never thought I would see the day.
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
March 16 2012 11:45 GMT
#304
On March 16 2012 20:36 LAN-f34r wrote:
You saying Janggo is overbought? Never thought I would see the day.

I say this because when you see support QoP with Janggo as her first item, you realize there are limits to what's sensible.
Moderator
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
March 16 2012 11:52 GMT
#305
support... qop?
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 18 2012 19:40 GMT
#306
Just played my first game, wow did I feel lost lol. Fortunately someone knowledge and patient was in the game. 2/8/5 SK XD Second in last hits and I felt like I did absolutely terrible.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
March 19 2012 04:33 GMT
#307
I played against Saintvicious (or maybe an imposter). He was real bad (or maybe real drunk).
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
March 19 2012 23:49 GMT
#308
solomid just finished their dota 2 site http://www.dotahut.com/
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
March 20 2012 15:59 GMT
#309


At least none of you guys are this bad. (I think.)
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
March 20 2012 18:32 GMT
#310
LOL I died exactly that way like 2-3 times till someone told me what DS ult does. =DDD

"Fuck an Illusion of myself. Better turn around and kill it. FUCK ANOTHER ONE. OMG IM DEAD." =(
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
March 21 2012 01:25 GMT
#311
On March 20 2012 08:49 Frolossus wrote:
solomid just finished their dota 2 site http://www.dotahut.com/

I hope people try and submit strong guide content there, I had a bit of a rough time using playdota's guides (which are sometimes out of date and I don't know the old item icons always ).

Side QQ note: just played a 55 minute game with some people from redditnoobs channel and had a lesson in how to throw a 30-10 +2 racks lead in 25 mins. Barely etched out the win in the end with 'carry' WR and the it didn't register on my profile
the farm ends here
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
March 21 2012 01:54 GMT
#312
On March 16 2012 20:45 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2012 20:36 LAN-f34r wrote:
You saying Janggo is overbought? Never thought I would see the day.

I say this because when you see support QoP with Janggo as her first item, you realize there are limits to what's sensible.

But come on! It builds out of a Bracer! Why not?
Writer
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
March 21 2012 07:03 GMT
#313
On March 21 2012 10:25 PartyBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 08:49 Frolossus wrote:
solomid just finished their dota 2 site http://www.dotahut.com/

I hope people try and submit strong guide content there, I had a bit of a rough time using playdota's guides (which are sometimes out of date and I don't know the old item icons always ).

Side QQ note: just played a 55 minute game with some people from redditnoobs channel and had a lesson in how to throw a 30-10 +2 racks lead in 25 mins. Barely etched out the win in the end with 'carry' WR and the it didn't register on my profile


Like 2 weeks ago the people in redditnoobs stomped me, last time I tried playing there I got called out for being there to stomp newbs. T_T

Also I am currently able to laugh at 80% of the people I meet in pubs. Operation successful, lol.


PS: I find having stupid people in my team much more gratifying in DotA 2 than in LoL. Carrying harder seems way easier in this game. Powercurves op.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
March 21 2012 07:08 GMT
#314
On March 21 2012 16:03 r.Evo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 10:25 PartyBiscuit wrote:
On March 20 2012 08:49 Frolossus wrote:
solomid just finished their dota 2 site http://www.dotahut.com/

I hope people try and submit strong guide content there, I had a bit of a rough time using playdota's guides (which are sometimes out of date and I don't know the old item icons always ).

Side QQ note: just played a 55 minute game with some people from redditnoobs channel and had a lesson in how to throw a 30-10 +2 racks lead in 25 mins. Barely etched out the win in the end with 'carry' WR and the it didn't register on my profile


Like 2 weeks ago the people in redditnoobs stomped me, last time I tried playing there I got called out for being there to stomp newbs. T_T

Also I am currently able to laugh at 80% of the people I meet in pubs. Operation successful, lol.


PS: I find having stupid people in my team much more gratifying in DotA 2 than in LoL. Carrying harder seems way easier in this game. Powercurves op.

defending and turtling tends to be easier to do fortification and high ground advantages. there are also true hyper/hard carries in DotA2 so any game is winnable if you have a hyper carry on your team like Spec, AM, etc...
rwrzr
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1980 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 02:39:44
March 22 2012 02:38 GMT
#315
When do most people from liquidparty play?
FADC
dismiss
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United Kingdom3341 Posts
March 22 2012 03:53 GMT
#316
On March 22 2012 11:38 rwrzr wrote:
When do most people from liquidparty play?

We did play a couple games this afternoon/night, but generally you'll have trouble finding enough people online to get 5 at any other time.
Failure to improve posting standards will result in a lengthy ban. I <crms_> !dumb <GeoffAnderson> crmsdota <crms_> damnit
xmmaxpiratex
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia2 Posts
March 22 2012 04:51 GMT
#317
Hey guys just got my beta key and am keen on getting into the DOTA2 scene, sent a message to dnastyx also my steam

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xmmaxpiratex
If your not cheating your not trying
FR4CT4L
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia697 Posts
March 23 2012 01:34 GMT
#318
Beta key get! Also I know diddly squat about Dota 2 so lets see how it goes.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zalrosee
Veni, vidi, vici!
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
March 23 2012 03:04 GMT
#319
On March 21 2012 16:08 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 16:03 r.Evo wrote:
On March 21 2012 10:25 PartyBiscuit wrote:
On March 20 2012 08:49 Frolossus wrote:
solomid just finished their dota 2 site http://www.dotahut.com/

I hope people try and submit strong guide content there, I had a bit of a rough time using playdota's guides (which are sometimes out of date and I don't know the old item icons always ).

Side QQ note: just played a 55 minute game with some people from redditnoobs channel and had a lesson in how to throw a 30-10 +2 racks lead in 25 mins. Barely etched out the win in the end with 'carry' WR and the it didn't register on my profile


Like 2 weeks ago the people in redditnoobs stomped me, last time I tried playing there I got called out for being there to stomp newbs. T_T

Also I am currently able to laugh at 80% of the people I meet in pubs. Operation successful, lol.


PS: I find having stupid people in my team much more gratifying in DotA 2 than in LoL. Carrying harder seems way easier in this game. Powercurves op.

defending and turtling tends to be easier to do fortification and high ground advantages. there are also true hyper/hard carries in DotA2 so any game is winnable if you have a hyper carry on your team like Spec, AM, etc...

That high ground, one game I raced back to defend rax against prophet and didn't realize I was a few steps below him and am pretty sure I missed enough crucial autos to die TT. Also agree with you and rEv about true hypercarries when compared to LoL, for me at least, I feel it makes the game a little more interesting in that sense.
the farm ends here
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
March 23 2012 04:09 GMT
#320
Lycan is like old Shaco. He doesn't have any of Shaco's skills, but what he does do is afk farm and then push. You can play PvE with him and stomp pubs all day. EZ.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 233
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 698
Soulkey 327
Horang2 302
Mini 248
Zeus 234
Larva 221
Soma 177
Sexy 105
Mind 70
ZerO 66
[ Show more ]
Jaedong 53
soO 35
scan(afreeca) 24
sorry 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Hyun 15
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe275
canceldota24
League of Legends
JimRising 491
Other Games
gofns29404
singsing1791
Coldzera 707
Happy198
Pyrionflax141
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
BasetradeTV201
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2270
League of Legends
• Jankos2824
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
19m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM180
Online Event
2h 19m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.