• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:09
CEST 12:09
KST 19:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7255 users

The best movie in the last couple of years? - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14 15 Next All
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
May 03 2009 13:58 GMT
#61
On May 03 2009 21:21 disciple wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2009 21:18 Carnac wrote:
V is awesome.

I second that, as a directors achievement the movie is miles ahead of the Matrix 2,3. As a matter of fact its the very first project of the brothers, they just finished it after they got famous


Maybe this was just poorly worded but, you know the brothers didn't direct it right? V was directed by James McTeigue, who was the AD on the Matrix films. There's also a rumor he's going to direct the Magneto film in the X-Men Origins set.
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
May 03 2009 14:01 GMT
#62
Let the Right One In was a great movie imo so +1

trying to think of some that haven't been mentioned yet...

Primer - Low budget indie movie that's just great

Seven Pounds - kinda a chick flick, still quite good though

Sunshine - I enjoyed it, but i don't know if most would. Sci Fi about some retards that need to refuel the sun

Einstien and Eddington - Good story about Einstien and his difficulties getting people to listen to him and ect. Good for science buffs i suppose? Enjoyable

RocknRolla - Pretty good, if you like similar movies, you'll like this one.




BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
May 03 2009 14:04 GMT
#63
Sunshine is like 75% of a really good movie
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
May 03 2009 14:06 GMT
#64
On May 03 2009 22:52 PriitM wrote:
Torque

Best movie I'v ever seen

that's a joke right??
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
Xenixx
Profile Joined June 2008
United States538 Posts
May 03 2009 14:10 GMT
#65
On May 03 2009 20:54 zatic wrote:
Seconded The Dark Knight, this has been the best action movie since The Matrix. Absolutely amazing


thats funny because the action scenes in that movie sucked
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
May 03 2009 14:19 GMT
#66
On May 03 2009 23:10 Xenixx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2009 20:54 zatic wrote:
Seconded The Dark Knight, this has been the best action movie since The Matrix. Absolutely amazing


thats funny because the action scenes in that movie sucked



Yeah right, the punching and kicking of dark knight sucked because the other climatic scenes (Like how batman saved all the hostages in an abandoned building and the car chases was so fucking AWESOME and INTENSE) that's why punching and kicking didn't deliver at all.
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
May 03 2009 14:23 GMT
#67
This World of Ours
Graphics
jhNz
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Germany2762 Posts
May 03 2009 14:33 GMT
#68
[image loading]


it's from 2000... but it's one of the very best movies. ever.
http://twitter.com/jhNz
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
May 03 2009 14:35 GMT
#69
On May 03 2009 23:33 jhNz wrote:
[image loading]


it's from 2000... but it's one of the very best movies. ever.



Uhm, do you think we can still put Fight Club? It was in 1998 or earlier..
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 14:57:39
May 03 2009 14:36 GMT
#70
On May 03 2009 20:14 Carnac wrote: put more effort in your op

Carnac took the words right out of my mind. Beyonder, I know you haven't been posting for a while but standards have gone up a little since you used to post regularly with the screen name Beyonder.

I suggest THE LAST VALLEY, you won't regret it. It's old as phuck though, one of the better movies from the '70s: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065969/
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
Chosi
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Germany1309 Posts
May 03 2009 14:50 GMT
#71
V and Dark Knight ez .. but:
Dunno if I am the only one that thinks Hitman was the first really good game-based movie that actually stayed very true with the game and therefor was much better than anything game based i saw before.
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I’m still around to see it.
sexsexpussyhair
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada133 Posts
May 03 2009 14:55 GMT
#72
A Frozen Flower
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 15:14:46
May 03 2009 15:00 GMT
#73
On May 03 2009 20:16 Oystein wrote:
Into the wild is on of my favorite movies that is made recently. Among others I really liked is The Departed, Pans Labyrinth, Children of Men, Wall-E and The Lives of others to mention a few.


Into the Wild is one of my favourites of all time. Pretty much everyone I know loves Wall-E, Pan's Labrynth and The Departed. Nice choices.

EDIT: Reading through the thread, I'm also going to second Taken and Dark Knight. I don't know if I'd call any of these MUST-SEE movies though, except maybe Pan's Labryth and Dark Knight. While I love Into The Wild, I think (actually I know, from experience) that it doesn't appeal to a majority of people, but if it's your kind of thing you'll love it. Wall-E was extremely well polished, someone mentioned ratatouille, I guess really if you're into animated films, Pixar produces the best so you should watch all of their stuff.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 15:12:38
May 03 2009 15:08 GMT
#74
On May 03 2009 21:14 CharlieMurphy wrote:
I completely disagree with Batman Begins, Dark Knight, V for Vendetta, and Transformers .
Dark Knight and transformers are pretty good but not really awesomely great, V/Begins just sucks.

New Wolverine movie is pretty good though


joke post?

Probably my favorite of the 21st century:
[image loading]


+

[image loading]
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
jjun212
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada2208 Posts
May 03 2009 15:10 GMT
#75
17 Again
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
May 03 2009 15:13 GMT
#76
Children of Men was AMAZING.

Can't think of any other really great ones off the top of my head...
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
May 03 2009 15:16 GMT
#77
On May 03 2009 23:36 Physician wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2009 20:14 Carnac wrote: put more effort in your op

Carnac took the words right out of my mind. Beyonder, I know you haven't been posting for a while but standards have gone up a little since you used to post regularly with the screen name Beyonder.

I suggest THE LAST VALLEY, you won't regret it. It's old as phuck though, one of the better movies from the '70s: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065969/


maybe you could put more effort reading what took little effort from the OP
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Luddite
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2315 Posts
May 03 2009 15:19 GMT
#78
it's GOING to be fucking star trek.
Can't believe I'm still here playing this same game
Volshok
Profile Joined August 2008
United States349 Posts
May 03 2009 15:29 GMT
#79
You may want to break this up into different categories, because having people give you the top movies, will bury some others you wouldn't have seen. I recently saw Grave of the Fireflies. I didn't know a movie could be that depressing.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=123657
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 03 2009 15:41 GMT
#80
The Dark Knight
Slumdog Millionaire
300
Tropic Thunder

And I'm going to kill anyone who says Dragonball Evolution.
POGGERS
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings38
CranKy Ducklings SOOP25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 205
ByuN 39
SHIN 11
MindelVK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10302
Britney 6847
Rain 3250
soO 674
Stork 440
BeSt 367
Soulkey 350
Soma 306
Rush 265
firebathero 251
[ Show more ]
Barracks 115
FanTaSy 112
Shinee 56
Mind 55
Bisu 55
Sexy 47
Killer 36
Sharp 27
HiyA 24
Shine 20
hero 19
sorry 16
Sacsri 15
Terrorterran 15
Hm[arnc] 14
yabsab 14
Last 11
zelot 11
Noble 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5341
League of Legends
JimRising 413
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King125
Other Games
gofns30158
singsing1332
Pyrionflax229
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 71
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Dystopia_ 0
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV268
League of Legends
• Jankos2893
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 51m
OSC
12h 51m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.