• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:32
CEST 15:32
KST 22:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9430 users

Tips&Tricks regarding computer usage - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
April 27 2009 07:01 GMT
#41
http://home.comcast.net/~SupportCD/OptimizeXP.html
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
April 27 2009 14:59 GMT
#42
I was looking for All-in one gestures but it said something about compatibility problems with FF3, and a link to another addon called FireGestures
dont know if its better or worse but its pretty damn awesome too
I love the number-in-url increment gesture. I can just draw this shape and it'll go to the next page of the topic. wicked!
Graphics
Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
April 27 2009 15:13 GMT
#43
okay, let me first to say that, if your computer is years+ old, do NOT use tool bar on taskbar, it slows the process down.
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
April 27 2009 18:54 GMT
#44
Okay everything should be updated now! Ready for more
kawoq
Profile Joined November 2005
Guatemala357 Posts
April 27 2009 21:30 GMT
#45
wow... a lot of useful info here, thanks everyone for sharing your wisdom ... I really need to clean my PC...
"It is not a shameful thing to be unable to reach the goal. It's becoming afraid and running away, even before considering the fact that the road is long and rough, that is truly cowardly." by - Lim Yo Hwan aka SlayerS_Boxer from "Crazy as me"
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
April 28 2009 09:25 GMT
#46
On April 27 2009 01:38 KizZBG wrote:
Windows key + D show desktop shortcut. Really useful if you have something fishy on your screen :D

wtf does that do? I removed windows key like 10 years ago.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
April 28 2009 09:55 GMT
#47
On April 28 2009 18:25 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2009 01:38 KizZBG wrote:
Windows key + D show desktop shortcut. Really useful if you have something fishy on your screen :D

wtf does that do? I removed windows key like 10 years ago.


It minimizes everything so you can see your desktop. I also removed my windows key ages ago (lost way too many games because of it).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-28 10:23:26
April 28 2009 10:22 GMT
#48
windowskey is most essential key for navigating =o cl can disable the key!
Eternity241
Profile Joined April 2008
Australia342 Posts
April 28 2009 10:39 GMT
#49
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, I couldn't find it in the OP

Shortcut to highlight the address bar: alt+D or F6 they both work
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
April 28 2009 11:17 GMT
#50
On April 28 2009 19:39 Eternity241 wrote:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, I couldn't find it in the OP

Shortcut to highlight the address bar: alt+D or F6 they both work


I actually didn't know this, sweet.
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
April 28 2009 11:33 GMT
#51
On April 28 2009 19:39 Eternity241 wrote:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, I couldn't find it in the OP

Shortcut to highlight the address bar: alt+D or F6 they both work


For me it works like this, alt+D highlights it and F6 removes the highlight.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
April 28 2009 12:08 GMT
#52
On April 28 2009 20:33 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2009 19:39 Eternity241 wrote:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, I couldn't find it in the OP

Shortcut to highlight the address bar: alt+D or F6 they both work


For me it works like this, alt+D highlights it and F6 removes the highlight.


Interesting find, I tested a little and to me it seems like F6 takes the roll of removing if used together with alt+d.

However as a standalone key, hence if you haven't clicked alt+d just before it works the same way as alt+d
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-28 12:12:54
April 28 2009 12:12 GMT
#53
On April 28 2009 21:08 Patriot.dlk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2009 20:33 Zoler wrote:
On April 28 2009 19:39 Eternity241 wrote:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, I couldn't find it in the OP

Shortcut to highlight the address bar: alt+D or F6 they both work


For me it works like this, alt+D highlights it and F6 removes the highlight.


Interesting find, I tested a little and to me it seems like F6 takes the roll of removing if used together with alt+d.

However as a standalone key, hence if you haven't clicked alt+d just before it works the same way as alt+d


Actually if you tap f6 twice, meaning the first action highlighted your browser, you will just remove the highlight. This doesn't work for alt+d
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
April 28 2009 12:14 GMT
#54
On April 28 2009 21:12 Amber[LighT] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2009 21:08 Patriot.dlk wrote:
On April 28 2009 20:33 Zoler wrote:
On April 28 2009 19:39 Eternity241 wrote:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, I couldn't find it in the OP

Shortcut to highlight the address bar: alt+D or F6 they both work


For me it works like this, alt+D highlights it and F6 removes the highlight.


Interesting find, I tested a little and to me it seems like F6 takes the roll of removing if used together with alt+d.

However as a standalone key, hence if you haven't clicked alt+d just before it works the same way as alt+d


Actually if you tap f6 twice, meaning the first action highlighted your browser, you will just remove the highlight. This doesn't work for alt+d


true true..

- added all hotkeys listed by modzilla in the OP (link below aswell)
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Keyboard shortcuts
Deleted User 31060
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
3788 Posts
April 28 2009 12:46 GMT
#55
On April 27 2009 02:34 Beyonder wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=17562

Good advice on what not to do.

Show nested quote +
On September 26 2004 10:41 Veg wrote:
dont delete rundll32



Don't forget this thread:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=76842
Peaked at C- on ICCUP and proud of it! @Sunyveil
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-28 14:58:07
April 28 2009 14:48 GMT
#56
On April 28 2009 18:55 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2009 18:25 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On April 27 2009 01:38 KizZBG wrote:
Windows key + D show desktop shortcut. Really useful if you have something fishy on your screen :D

wtf does that do? I removed windows key like 10 years ago.


It minimizes everything so you can see your desktop. I also removed my windows key ages ago (lost way too many games because of it).



On April 28 2009 19:22 Patriot.dlk wrote:
windowskey is most essential key for navigating =o cl can disable the key!



When would you ever have more than a few things open at once where you needed to window+D, Alt+tab is fine because I'm not a retard with 40 windows/games/programs open at once. besides alt+tab lets you cycle between them anyways. Firefox also has tabbed browsing.

CL wasn't around 10 years ago.

BTW, I made a thread like this ages ago: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=83736
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-28 15:23:34
April 28 2009 15:16 GMT
#57
On April 28 2009 23:48 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2009 18:55 Manit0u wrote:
On April 28 2009 18:25 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On April 27 2009 01:38 KizZBG wrote:
Windows key + D show desktop shortcut. Really useful if you have something fishy on your screen :D

wtf does that do? I removed windows key like 10 years ago.


It minimizes everything so you can see your desktop. I also removed my windows key ages ago (lost way too many games because of it).



Show nested quote +
On April 28 2009 19:22 Patriot.dlk wrote:
windowskey is most essential key for navigating =o cl can disable the key!



When would you ever have more than a few things open at once where you needed to window+D, Alt+tab is fine because I'm not a retard with 40 windows/games/programs open at once. besides alt+tab lets you cycle between them anyways. Firefox also has tabbed browsing.

CL wasn't around 10 years ago.

BTW, I made a thread like this ages ago: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=83736

When would you ever press the windows key during a starcraft game? Seriously though, Nobody is forcing you to use win+e win+r win+d or just win+arrows but It's still the most essential key for navigating.

Im sure you can image a scenario where minimizing everything can be useful but if you really can't then think of it as a way to instantly be able to for example acess your w/e at the desktop (for example I often download things directly to the desktop and clean it up a little later).

Alt+tab has nothing to do with wanting to minimize your stuff. (btw tab+win cycles without the icon in the middle of the screen which can be comfortable, especially if you prefer to use only a few things simultaneously as you said)

How do you acess your calculator? mspaint? Most people I know uses win+r + type calc/mspaint.. I think you should replace your winkey (with scroll lock if you threw it away) and use chaos launcher to disable it ;p

your thread was very sweet i'll add it to the OP
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
April 28 2009 15:21 GMT
#58
when i start my comp i click clt+alt+delete, open processes and close everything in Owner except Exporer and MSN (cuss I use msn). My comp runs 100x better cuss of this. I also close a few things like ituneshelper etc... in SYSTEM.
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
April 28 2009 15:25 GMT
#59
On April 29 2009 00:21 G5 wrote:
when i start my comp i click clt+alt+delete, open processes and close everything in Owner except Exporer and MSN (cuss I use msn). My comp runs 100x better cuss of this. I also close a few things like ituneshelper etc... in SYSTEM.


That sounds a little fishy to be honest? Have you googled what your shutting down? Consider win+r -> Msconfig - > Startup and maybe uncheck everything that you dont want
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
April 30 2009 05:09 GMT
#60
seems pretty interesting and helpful, thanks
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 556
Railgan 67
Codebar 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65361
Calm 10336
Bisu 2735
FanTaSy 1205
Stork 744
Rush 360
firebathero 226
Snow 216
soO 175
Last 118
[ Show more ]
Mind 104
hero 101
Free 78
Pusan 74
Sharp 74
ToSsGirL 42
Sexy 41
Trap 37
Mong 31
Bale 31
Hm[arnc] 25
yabsab 17
Aegong 16
Terrorterran 16
zelot 14
HiyA 13
Noble 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shine 8
scan(afreeca) 6
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7033
Dendi1160
Counter-Strike
fl0m3503
byalli881
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Other Games
gofns35828
singsing2515
Liquid`RaSZi764
B2W.Neo544
Beastyqt325
Pyrionflax271
Happy256
Hui .216
Mlord213
Khaldor95
Chillindude19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV273
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 87
• Response 7
• Dystopia_ 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV565
League of Legends
• Jankos3042
• Nemesis3012
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1558
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 28m
OSC
9h 28m
Replay Cast
9h 28m
OSC
22h 28m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.