• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:45
CEST 10:45
KST 17:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9179 users

Estrogen in Americas drinking water? - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Logginurkeyz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States375 Posts
February 24 2011 03:14 GMT
#81
I was so confused by this post, so I read the OP, the links, read more about it online, and then read the rest of the thread... I have come to 3 conclusions from what I see here.

While there are estrogen mimickers in many things, they are *supposed* to be regulated into trace amounts such that they have little to no effect. Only item I can think of that isn't regulated like that aside from birth control is bar soap (particularly ivory and dove).

As far as urine from women on birth control goes- that IS confusing to me... I didn't realize something like that could make that much of a difference unless they had a sudden surge in estrogen (like having a baby). This is why I'm confused that they are relating birth control to this.

My conclusions - unrelated to OP, more related to the responses I've read in the thread...
+ Show Spoiler +

1- Everybody *appears* to be either horribly homophobic or insecure with themselves ((ps- I'm not gay, but I'm not afraid of people who are, either...))

2- I drink A LOT of tap water; I have a high metabolism; I don't exercise at all beyond everyday work; I am 5'11" and 165lb ((this means I'm a pretty skinny dude)); --- I don't feel affected by this at all...

3- Acting manlier because you are scared of being effeminate will just make your brain become gender-confused and you will end up hypochondriac-ing your way into stress fat ((manboobs))... It's called a hysterical reaction ((I read this in a psych book in college, which I have since returned to the book store)).
Jemag... Jemag... you're like an alcoholic telling me why you drink... you have your reasons, but it's still bad... <3 iNcontroL
RLTY
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States965 Posts
February 24 2011 03:16 GMT
#82
This entire story seems a little over exaggerated.
Keitzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2509 Posts
February 24 2011 03:23 GMT
#83
so how long as this been going on? aka, have we (males) been consuming estrogen our whole life?
I'm like badass squared | KeitZer.489
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
February 24 2011 03:31 GMT
#84
What I fidn the most awesome about this thread is the fact that there were like 6? temp bans from all the first comments.

User was warned for this post
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
Tdelamay
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada548 Posts
February 24 2011 03:40 GMT
#85
One of our biology teacher told us about an interesting test that was performed on mice regarding Estrogen. They genetically modified mice to prevent the production of estrogen; they meant to identify the effects of estrogen on physical development. However, the most affected mice were not the female, but the men.
This road isn't leading anywhere...
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
February 24 2011 03:50 GMT
#86
This could be a real problem... If the fish are all turning into girls, then they might not be able to reproduce... unless we pour testosterone into the water...

This needs to be fixed. We cannot have hormones in drinking water going unchecked, this could prove disastrous.
bulldyke
Profile Joined January 2010
Australia28 Posts
February 24 2011 03:57 GMT
#87
why are some of you so "scared shitless" of becoming feminine? I think it'd be a marvelous turn of events
i'm just a regular junior shutterbug
gyth
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
657 Posts
February 24 2011 04:03 GMT
#88
Sex change in fish isn't new.
Here is an article from 84 about it.

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/12/04/science/sex-change-in-fish-found-common.html
The plural of anecdote is not data.
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
February 24 2011 04:03 GMT
#89
Yeah,whenever I begin hearing doomsday predictions about every-day items we use and consume in todays day and age, I become a little scepticle. There may be some truth to this, but to the extent of us all turning into women? Doubtful.

+ Show Spoiler +
Support Purge 2011!
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Zisef
Profile Joined October 2010
United States73 Posts
February 24 2011 04:04 GMT
#90
There is tons of stuff in water, we have cleaner water now then 100 years ago, seriously people use to drink water that had sewage in it. We piss out testosterone... That is why male body builders drink there own pee. Also people rub pee on there face for the minerals. There is always going to be stuff in water. If you are scared get a distiller like me . it boils your water and collects it 99.9% pure what I do is I buy minerals so I can put the minerals back in it, other wise you'll have just pure water and no good minerals that is in water. Don't be alarmed there is worse stuff in water like arsenic is high in well water, city water you get some sewage, and rain water ad very high hard calcium why people get bladder stones. All this can be cured with distilled water. Don't trust bottle water its tap water any ways. Too many things in this world to be worried about you'll be freaking out on everything. its the scientists job to be sensational, just like global warming lol the earth has a temperature! we can fix shit we are humans we are only good at breaking stuff and adapting.
Fungal Growth, Are you Infected?,
KillerPenguin
Profile Joined June 2004
United States516 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 04:22:31
February 24 2011 04:20 GMT
#91
I thought Egypt and Libya had all the abusive authorities until I saw all the banning on this thread.

On February 21 2011 03:39 Alexson wrote:I'm scarred shitless and I don't know too much about the subject


That's never a good combination. There's so little information it's nothing to get worked up about these types of stories come in the hundreds every day. You could find trace amounts of a hundred different more harmful chemicals than estrogen in 80% of rivers.
http://www.escapeintolife.com/
howerpower
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States619 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-24 04:40:10
February 24 2011 04:36 GMT
#92
On February 24 2011 12:31 Roflhaxx wrote:
What I fidn the most awesome about this thread is the fact that there were like 6? temp bans from all the first comments.

User was warned for this post


or the fact that half of them were serious comments eek!

idk how the study translates to humans drinking water, but it's pretty scary stuff.
MadPretty
Profile Joined October 2010
United States101 Posts
February 25 2011 03:28 GMT
#93
I believe in the third link, they were testing estrogen content in mineral water in Germany. Are there any other studies from different locations? Is bottled water just as contaminated as tap water, or was it the plastic that was causing the contamination?

P.S.
Tin Foil Hat Time:
Estrogen decreasing bacteria slipped into nation's water supply as means of slowing down population growth.

Igakusei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States610 Posts
February 25 2011 21:42 GMT
#94
Here's an interesting article that discusses some of these issues.

Our Stolen Future

It's educational, and very worth the read if you have time.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
February 26 2011 01:50 GMT
#95
I'm almost afraid to post in a thread with so much red. Almost.

From what I've heard a lot of research has been put into how bad plastic bottles (and plastic in general) are for you. I'm not sure I'm buying the "estrogen turning us all into girls" thing, and the amount in the water seems insignificant. But the stuff about plastic is worth paying attention to.

But maybe I should actually work out a bit just in case?

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 556
910 432
Hyuk 313
Killer 69
Dewaltoss 65
Yoon 48
Mind 37
Shinee 36
Soma 27
ZergMaN 27
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 27
Light 26
Bale 25
yabsab 17
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe182
League of Legends
JimRising 463
Counter-Strike
olofmeister943
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2153
Khaldor468
Other Games
singsing1096
ceh9584
XBOCT286
Mew2King152
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick721
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream282
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH193
• LUISG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos1403
• Stunt549
Other Games
• WagamamaTV98
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 15m
Stellar Fest
4h 15m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.