• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:21
CEST 11:21
KST 18:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10462 users

A Picture Says 1,000 Words - Page 95

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 113 Next
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
June 26 2013 00:34 GMT
#1881
[image loading]
Smoru
Profile Joined September 2010
United States83 Posts
June 29 2013 03:09 GMT
#1882
[image loading]
Win Together, Die Alone
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
June 29 2013 18:55 GMT
#1883
[image loading]

[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Promises
Profile Joined February 2004
Netherlands1821 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-29 19:11:05
June 29 2013 19:09 GMT
#1884
On June 26 2013 08:23 packrat386 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 07:36 darthfoley wrote:
[image loading]

D-day/Americans cemetery in Normandy. It's quite moving; everyone should view it in person at least once. It made me emotional.


I've been there. Its such a nice spot. I found that it was really quiet and relaxing.


On June 26 2013 08:23 packrat386 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 07:36 darthfoley wrote:
[image loading]

D-day/Americans cemetery in Normandy. It's quite moving; everyone should view it in person at least once. It made me emotional.


I've been there. Its such a nice spot. I found that it was really quiet and relaxing.


Perhaps i can finally contribute something to this amazing thread then. Went there aswell and took some pictures, and it doesnt do justice to how... somehow shocking it feels to walk there and realise every single gravestone was a person. It's one of those thing you rationally know but never felt.
+ Show Spoiler +

I'm probably a moron, but don't know why they wouldnt work linked via the function on the forum, so here's the links ^^
http://imgur.com/pZIm9qP
http://imgur.com/38qPoue
http://imgur.com/bg7RySo
I'm a man of my word, and that word is "unreliable".
Parametric
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1261 Posts
June 29 2013 20:52 GMT
#1885
On June 30 2013 04:09 Promises wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 08:23 packrat386 wrote:
On June 26 2013 07:36 darthfoley wrote:
[image loading]

D-day/Americans cemetery in Normandy. It's quite moving; everyone should view it in person at least once. It made me emotional.


I've been there. Its such a nice spot. I found that it was really quiet and relaxing.


Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 08:23 packrat386 wrote:
On June 26 2013 07:36 darthfoley wrote:
[image loading]

D-day/Americans cemetery in Normandy. It's quite moving; everyone should view it in person at least once. It made me emotional.


I've been there. Its such a nice spot. I found that it was really quiet and relaxing.


Perhaps i can finally contribute something to this amazing thread then. Went there aswell and took some pictures, and it doesnt do justice to how... somehow shocking it feels to walk there and realise every single gravestone was a person. It's one of those thing you rationally know but never felt.
+ Show Spoiler +

I'm probably a moron, but don't know why they wouldnt work linked via the function on the forum, so here's the links ^^
http://imgur.com/pZIm9qP
http://imgur.com/38qPoue
http://imgur.com/bg7RySo


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Crispy Bacon craving overload.
Thaniri
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1264 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-29 21:25:35
June 29 2013 21:25 GMT
#1886
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 01 2013 13:52 Aegon I wrote:
Old Russian WW II veteran...
[image loading]


I have no doubt he is russian, but here I have circled a polish eagle badge. I wonder what it means.

[image loading]

http://imgur.com/86NXugd

[image loading]

[image loading]
Zinnwaldite
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1567 Posts
June 29 2013 22:02 GMT
#1887
On June 30 2013 06:25 Thaniri wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 01 2013 13:52 Aegon I wrote:
Old Russian WW II veteran...
[image loading]


I have no doubt he is russian, but here I have circled a polish eagle badge. I wonder what it means.

[image loading]

http://imgur.com/86NXugd

[image loading]




Those are not swordfish.. Dammit.. I know what they are.. But i can't remember.. What are they?
We promise with a view to hope, but the reason to "accomplish" what we promised would be fear.
Brainsurgeon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden359 Posts
June 29 2013 22:06 GMT
#1888
On June 30 2013 07:02 Zinnwaldite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2013 06:25 Thaniri wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 01 2013 13:52 Aegon I wrote:
Old Russian WW II veteran...
[image loading]


I have no doubt he is russian, but here I have circled a polish eagle badge. I wonder what it means.

[image loading]

http://imgur.com/86NXugd

[image loading]




Those are not swordfish.. Dammit.. I know what they are.. But i can't remember.. What are they?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narwhal
Say no to drugs. Say yes to hugs!
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
June 29 2013 22:07 GMT
#1889
On June 30 2013 07:02 Zinnwaldite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2013 06:25 Thaniri wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 01 2013 13:52 Aegon I wrote:
Old Russian WW II veteran...
[image loading]


I have no doubt he is russian, but here I have circled a polish eagle badge. I wonder what it means.

[image loading]

http://imgur.com/86NXugd

[image loading]




Those are not swordfish.. Dammit.. I know what they are.. But i can't remember.. What are they?

Narwhal
TL+ Member
Jamial
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark1289 Posts
June 29 2013 22:09 GMT
#1890
On June 30 2013 07:02 Zinnwaldite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2013 06:25 Thaniri wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 01 2013 13:52 Aegon I wrote:
Old Russian WW II veteran...
[image loading]


I have no doubt he is russian, but here I have circled a polish eagle badge. I wonder what it means.

[image loading]

http://imgur.com/86NXugd

[image loading]




Those are not swordfish.. Dammit.. I know what they are.. But i can't remember.. What are they?


I see what you did there.
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Narwhals/
Flaf?
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
July 06 2013 05:44 GMT
#1891
[image loading]

The eruption of Cordon Caulle began on June 4, 2011, located in the Region of Los Rios in Chile. For about 12 months, people and animals became accustomed to living with the daily fall of ash, which also caused problems in the air traffic in South America. The explosions and lightning during first days of the eruption could be seen from hundreds of miles around. This photograph was taken on the second night of eruption from the town of Lago Ranco.


[image loading]

This picture was taken from the top of the John Hancock building - 97 stories up - in Chicago, Illinois as fog rolled in from Lake Michigan.


[image loading]

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Thaniri
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1264 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-07 17:48:12
July 07 2013 16:47 GMT
#1892
[image loading]

Someone tried to bomb the Bodhi tree.


[image loading]

A modest and humble hovel in Abu Dhabi.


[strikeout]Is teamliquid.net OK with using other webpages to link images like this? Or should I rehost on imgur always?[/strikeout]
Question answered.
Sjokola
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands800 Posts
July 07 2013 17:28 GMT
#1893
On July 08 2013 01:47 Thaniri wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Someone tried to bomb the Bodhi tree.


[image loading]

A modest and humble hovel in Abu Dhabi.


Is teamliquid.net OK with using other webpages to link images like this? Or should I rehost on imgur always?

Always rehost. TL is a high traffic site.
Agathon
Profile Joined February 2011
France1505 Posts
July 08 2013 23:46 GMT
#1894
On June 26 2013 08:23 packrat386 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 07:36 darthfoley wrote:
[image loading]

D-day/Americans cemetery in Normandy. It's quite moving; everyone should view it in person at least once. It made me emotional.


I've been there. Its such a nice spot. I found that it was really quiet and relaxing.



Yep, it's a very moving place. The beach on the top left corner is nothing else but "Omaha beach". This quiet place (a place given to USA forever by France) is just the perfect place to honnor these soldiers for their last sleep.

It's the cimetery you can see in the movie "Save private ryan" (Tom Hanks, Matt Damon), at the start and in the end.
"C'est au pied du mur, qu'on voit le mieux...le mur".
Fix637
Profile Joined February 2011
United States256 Posts
July 09 2013 00:19 GMT
#1895
On June 30 2013 07:02 Zinnwaldite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2013 06:25 Thaniri wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 01 2013 13:52 Aegon I wrote:
Old Russian WW II veteran...
[image loading]


I have no doubt he is russian, but here I have circled a polish eagle badge. I wonder what it means.

[image loading]

http://imgur.com/86NXugd

[image loading]




Those are not swordfish.. Dammit.. I know what they are.. But i can't remember.. What are they?


Narwhals!!
Foblos
Profile Joined September 2011
United States426 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-09 09:26:05
July 09 2013 09:25 GMT
#1896
Spoilered because kind of long.
+ Show Spoiler +

Miss America 1924
[image loading]

Helen Keller Meeting Charlie Chaplin
[image loading]

Leather gloves worn by Lincoln to Ford’s Theater on the night of his assassination. Blood stains are visible at the cuffs.
[image loading]

Phoebe Mozee (aka: Annie Oakley). Famed for her marksmanship by 12 years old, she once shot the ashes off of Kaiser Wihelm II’s cigarette at his invitation. When she outshot famed exhibition marksman Frank Butler, he fell in love with her and they married. They remained married the rest of their lives.
[image loading]

Very Young Lucy Lucille Ball around 1930
[image loading]

This is one of five known X-rays of Hitler’s head, part of his medical records compiled by American military intelligence after the German’s surrendered and declassified in 1958. The records also include doctor’s reports, diagrams of his teeth and nose and electrocardiograms. He had bad teeth, lots of fillings and crowns.
[image loading]

Two Victorian sideshow performers boxing – the fat man and the thin man.
[image loading]

Amy Johnson, English aviator 1903-1941 One of the first women to gain a pilot’s licence, Johnson won fame when she flew solo from Britain to Australia in 1930. Her dangerous flight took 17 days. Later she flew solo to India and Japan and became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic East to West, she volunteered to fly for The Women’s Auxiialry Air Force in WW2, but her plane was shot down over the River Thames and she was killed.
[image loading]

Prison Garb 1924. Belva Annan murderess whose trial records became the musical “Chicago.”
[image loading]

Female photojournalist Jessie Tarbox on the street with her camera, 1900s.
[image loading]
But at what cost ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5869 Posts
July 15 2013 09:33 GMT
#1897
One word says a thousand words: HODOR!
mainerd
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States347 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-19 02:43:37
July 19 2013 02:40 GMT
#1898
[image loading]
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Arrest
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-new-arrest-photos_n_3619835.html
"Let me tell you, in eSTRO we had some circle jerks, straight up. It wasn't pretty." -NonY
Promises
Profile Joined February 2004
Netherlands1821 Posts
July 20 2013 11:02 GMT
#1899
http://cavnews.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/21-pictures-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity/
I'm a man of my word, and that word is "unreliable".
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
July 22 2013 05:59 GMT
#1900
[image loading]

The Earth and Moon as seen from the Cassini spacecraft orbiting Saturn. This photo was taken on July 19th 2013.


[image loading]

The Royal Family of Russia in procession, July 18, 1903.


[image loading]

A German soldier lights up a cigarette for a British PoW. 1916.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 113 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 91
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 665
Horang2 570
Bisu 504
soO 406
Hyuk 398
Larva 365
ZerO 180
Zeus 89
EffOrt 70
Killer 64
[ Show more ]
Shinee 55
Mind 38
Rush 26
Bale 25
PianO 24
Mong 24
Stork 24
Terrorterran 17
ToSsGirL 15
Sacsri 14
ZergMaN 12
HiyA 9
Dota 2
XaKoH 740
XcaliburYe295
Counter-Strike
byalli707
Other Games
singsing1188
olofmeister1093
ceh9684
crisheroes201
Livibee172
Mew2King60
ArmadaUGS49
ZerO(Twitch)5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH374
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2291
League of Legends
• Jankos1766
• Stunt390
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
39m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 39m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.