• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:35
CEST 05:35
KST 12:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8055 users

2011 - What are you Reading? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 47 48 49 Next All
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 01:05:52
January 12 2011 01:04 GMT
#41
[image loading]
One of the most awesome book I've ever read, so far, it's long time since I've been as excited because of a book.
This French translation is incredible by the way.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Cops
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom172 Posts
January 12 2011 01:21 GMT
#42
Just finished:
[image loading]
(Really nice story, children's decent into savagery when stranded on a desert island, absolute classic.)

Currently reading:
[image loading]
(Bit dense, have to be in the mood to read it)

So also:
Mary by Vladimir Nabokov
Maniac Cop
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 12 2011 02:58 GMT
#43
[image loading]

I read this book when I was a bit younger. This is my 4th time reading it, before; I used to get really angry and feel a lot of things I never felt at such a young age when reading this book.

Now I know all it's secrets, but it doesn't lessen the pain... nor the joy of reading it.

Really superb book.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Cush
Profile Joined September 2010
United States646 Posts
January 12 2011 03:03 GMT
#44
[image loading]

"That's not your main base Stardust.....Stardust.....that's not your main" Sayle
iMbc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States55 Posts
January 12 2011 03:17 GMT
#45
[image loading]
Jswizzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States791 Posts
January 12 2011 03:18 GMT
#46
On January 12 2011 07:59 abandonallhope wrote:
[image loading]

and

[image loading]

I was a Christian before I read those books.
I always try to give a sensitive, reasoned answer. This is usually awkward, time consuming and pointless.
KezseN
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Singapore1450 Posts
January 12 2011 03:21 GMT
#47
Last Read:
[image loading]

Not that good for casual players, maybe a must read for hardcore fans. Took me a while to get sucked in

Currently Reading:
[image loading]

I don't play their game but i like how their tactical stuff happens in the short stories, especially the "impossible life and the possible death fo preston cole". Interesting tactical stories for those war fans who are looking for fictional space battles.

Will read:
[image loading]

Didn't read this as i didn't know who or what Cole is.

Yea I know I'm as literate as you guys but i like this stuff, you know, gaming novels, gives the game story whether its canon or not.
To Skeleton King: "Have you considered employment at Apple?"
RighteousDan
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada99 Posts
January 12 2011 03:27 GMT
#48
On January 07 2011 20:52 Raikko wrote:
Last read:
[image loading]

eagerly awaiting:
[image loading]

should arrive today, so i can conclude the Commonwealth Saga.


loved these. have you read the Night's Dawn Trilogy (reality dysfunction, neutronium alchemist, naked god) yet? friggen amazing as well.
"He's from Trinidad and Tobago. So he's Trinidadian and Toboggan."
Nexi
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia182 Posts
January 12 2011 03:29 GMT
#49
[image loading]

[image loading]


[image loading]

All great books so far.
daytrippers
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden223 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 03:45:29
January 12 2011 03:45 GMT
#50
[image loading]


[image loading]
USApwn
Profile Joined August 2010
United States81 Posts
January 12 2011 04:00 GMT
#51
[image loading]

[image loading]
"The beginning of wisdom in human as well as international affairs was knowing when to stop." Henry Kissinger
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
January 12 2011 04:04 GMT
#52
[image loading]
Seriously flawed and told in a very unprofessional manner but good read for literature class. You begin to notice it getting really flawed when Chang starts telling the Massacre like a novel.
pikaaarrr :3
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States593 Posts
January 12 2011 04:04 GMT
#53
Just read: [image loading]

Want to read: [image loading]
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
January 12 2011 04:07 GMT
#54
Just finished Summer Knight yesterday.. by Jim Butcher.. just another Dresden Files book, been reading through the series pretty quickly, if you think your interested start with first one. I enjoy them, not much else to say about them, not a tough or long read at all, and they keep you interested.
[image loading]

Haven't started the next book yet(I almost always read series right through until latest edition, even If Im not a huge fan of the book.. I just can't stand not knowing what happens, I rarely side track)
Death Masks.. no comments, since I haven't read it yet.

[image loading]

My copy of Starcraft Bible will get here tomorrow according to amazon, though I'm a little confused, I got a confirmation in my email that said would be here tomorrow, but amazon.com has no records in "my orders". Either way, will be reading this soon, whenever I may get it. Looking forward to it, I only glanced through the original thread, so most of it should be new to me, and I'm really looking forward to it.

[image loading]




Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
forelmashi
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
421 Posts
January 12 2011 04:30 GMT
#55
On January 12 2011 10:04 corumjhaelen wrote:
[image loading]
One of the most awesome book I've ever read, so far, it's long time since I've been as excited because of a book.
This French translation is incredible by the way.

anna karenina is AMAZING. before i read this i always dreamt of writing my own novel someday in old age. then i read anna karenina and learned it had already been written
Chaoz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States507 Posts
January 18 2011 20:35 GMT
#56
[image loading]

I wish this was mandatory reading back in school.
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 01:51:45
January 21 2011 01:51 GMT
#57
[image loading]


I bought it last weekend based solely on how much I enjoyed the Dune series. Good book so far.
KTY
supernova
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada148 Posts
January 21 2011 01:59 GMT
#58
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


All really funny read. Check them out if you already haven't.
"And we played the first thing that came to our heads and it just so happened to be, it was the best song in the world, the best song in the world!" Tenacious D
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 02:55:00
January 21 2011 02:50 GMT
#59
[image loading]

Great characters so far. I'm not that far into it yet so I haven't gotten to the good stuff. My 4th Doestoevsky novel--my favorite author. My favorite part of Dostoevsky is how he can write symbolic characters (he's identified as a symbolist) yet they are still fully realized as people each with its own depth.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-21 03:11:20
January 21 2011 03:10 GMT
#60
On January 12 2011 10:04 corumjhaelen wrote:
[image loading]
One of the most awesome book I've ever read, so far, it's long time since I've been as excited because of a book.
This French translation is incredible by the way.

Can I ask who translated it? I was looking for a book to read in french for practicing and since I've already read that one half a dozen times :p..
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 47 48 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft392
RuFF_SC2 180
Nina 94
-ZergGirl 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2255
Bale 20
yabsab 16
Terrorterran 12
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1166
taco 341
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox697
Other Games
summit1g7538
JimRising 710
Day[9].tv505
C9.Mang0330
WinterStarcraft327
ViBE156
Maynarde145
Livibee144
Sick134
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick965
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream161
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv505
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 25m
Stellar Fest
9h 25m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.