• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:32
CEST 00:32
KST 07:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8458 users

Recruiting Staff for CS:GO Coverage!

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Normal
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-08 02:39:07
January 28 2015 02:33 GMT
#1

TL CS:GO

Staff Recruitment


We are looking for passionate people who would like to contribute to the rapidly developing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive scene. We have a few open positions. This is a chance to get in on the ground floor of an awesome game and work with some excellent people. (Note: This is for TeamLiquid.net, not TeamLiquidPro.)

How to Apply


Send a PM to lichter containing the following information:
  • Your TeamLiquid.net ID and Skype information. For coordination purposes, we require everyone to use Skype.
  • Short introduction and relevant background information as it pertains to the position. Please do not send resumes.
  • Availability and desired workload.
  • Required sample (more information below).


Applications are open until positions are filled (we will let you know in the OP what is currently open). Positions are not paid and are on a strictly voluntary basis. The reward is having your work viewed and the opportunity to team up with an amazing group of people.


Writers


Description: Writers are responsible for writing previews, recaps, features, and other written content for TeamLiquid's CS:GO coverage. In the case of previews and recaps, it is crucial that they are written in a timely manner. Writers must be able to write both concisely and at length, depending on the situation. The ability to recognize and develop narratives is also a must. Knowledge of the scene is important, but more important is a willingness to work hard and accept criticism.

One sample writing assignment must be submitted.

Pick one of the following:

  • A tournament preview (500-1000 words) - Write an article previewing a future tournament. The preview should not preview the entire event if there are many competitors, but should cover a main storyline leading into the tournament. A main storyline includes, but is not limited to, looking at a tournament favorite or popular player going into the event, looking at a team going into the event and any tournament specific storylines
  • A tournament recap (600-800 words) - Write a concise recap on the events of a single day in a major tournament. This is NOT a battle report assignment. Try to tell an interesting story about the tournament and players as a whole, rather than listing the details of several matches. The above examples are only references, feel free to be creative with your style. Any tournament may be chosen as the subject.
  • An article of your choice (500-1000 words) - If neither of these ideas appeal to you, write something you think is interesting and that people would like to read, be it a team focus piece or a map spotlight. Give us enough meat to properly judge.


Remember, these pieces will be judged on knowledge, content and writing style. No previous experience required. Applications will remain open until positions are filled.




If you're also interested in SMASH, we're also looking for volunteers!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL APPLICANTS!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR SUBMISSIONS!

Graphics: InsidiA
CSS: tofucake, shiroiusagi
Writer
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 28 2015 02:34 GMT
#2
Good luck to all those who apply, we really do need the extra help!
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Wunder
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2950 Posts
January 28 2015 02:38 GMT
#3
Excitement! Things! Come work with some of the greatest minds in TL eSports writing history!
Writer@joonjoewong
mki
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Poland882 Posts
January 28 2015 10:55 GMT
#4
Good luck guys, this coverage team is great!
Head of New Business at Team Kinguin :: https://www.teamkinguin.com
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
January 28 2015 13:34 GMT
#5
In before liquidstrike.net ^^
En Taro Violet
MartinN
Profile Joined April 2011
Spain307 Posts
January 28 2015 15:27 GMT
#6
I want help to the wiki (database results, standings and more)!
TurboDreams
Profile Joined April 2009
United States427 Posts
January 28 2015 15:29 GMT
#7
On January 28 2015 22:34 Stratos wrote:
In before liquidstrike.net ^^

Liquidstrike is best strike! :D
Music is the medicine of the mind || Kill a Zergling and a hundred more will take its place.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
January 28 2015 15:34 GMT
#8
Good luck to all the people who apply

Definitely would love some additionnal CS:GO content!

I'd participate if I knew a bit more the scene (currently still learning who the players are and how well do the current teams fare )
LiquipediaWanderer
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
January 28 2015 16:02 GMT
#9
Good luck to the applicants.

Unfortunately I don't really have the skills (or timezone) required to apply myself.
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
January 28 2015 19:21 GMT
#10
We will open up the writer recruitment to include Europe once we secure ourselves another person for NA, as it's priority at the moment. Keep a lookout for that!

On January 29 2015 00:27 MartinN wrote:
I want help to the wiki (database results, standings and more)!

If we ever create a wiki, will let you know.
Writer
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1102 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-29 01:39:15
January 29 2015 00:27 GMT
#11
Lots of articles to be covered about the flourishing match fixing and hacking scene in this 'awesome' game!


+ Show Spoiler +
salt
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
DarthBotto
Profile Joined January 2011
United States72 Posts
January 29 2015 04:24 GMT
#12
You should approach Thorin.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
January 29 2015 04:47 GMT
#13
Awesome ! If I knew anything about CS:GO I would apply! Maybe I should learn it now .... I'd love to help TL.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
January 29 2015 06:00 GMT
#14
Good luck to the applicants. You will enjoy working with these guys, they're great!
Administrator
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 29 2015 19:32 GMT
#15
On January 29 2015 13:47 GGzerG wrote:
Awesome ! If I knew anything about CS:GO I would apply! Maybe I should learn it now .... I'd love to help TL.


If you want to help out but aren't sure how, let me know. There are plenty of areas across all sites that could use an extra pair of hands
AdministratorBreak the chains
Zenith_Zaephyr
Profile Joined March 2013
13 Posts
January 29 2015 21:04 GMT
#16
Wil there be a Liquipedia for CS:GO, if there is enough help ?
Fear is the mind killer
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 29 2015 21:26 GMT
#17
On January 30 2015 06:04 Zenith_Zaephyr wrote:
Wil there be a Liquipedia for CS:GO, if there is enough help ?


Liquipedia is another topic but if we do get a liquipedia for CS:GO, we'll let you know about open positions
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
January 31 2015 09:47 GMT
#18
TL still don't pay their staff despite all their huge sponsorships?

#esports
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
January 31 2015 14:33 GMT
#19
I'd be willing to help with some graphics to help grow the CS forum.

Here's an animation experiment I did recently.

[image loading]

GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
Akasha
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States261 Posts
January 31 2015 17:33 GMT
#20
This sounds great! I passed this along to a friend who does graphic design. Imma try to whip up some writings this evening or tomorrow Glad TL is expanding their coverage team. Good luck to everyone else!
Writer
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
January 31 2015 18:41 GMT
#21
Awesome, guys!

iHirO, can you submit a formal application? We'll need all the other information that was mentioned above.

Looking forward to your and hopefully your friend's applications, Akasha!
Writer
JazzJackrabbit
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1272 Posts
February 01 2015 03:42 GMT
#22
On January 31 2015 23:33 iHirO wrote:
I'd be willing to help with some graphics to help grow the CS forum.

Here's an animation experiment I did recently.

[image loading]

This is kind of amazing.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
February 01 2015 06:18 GMT
#23
On January 29 2015 13:24 DarthBotto wrote:
You should approach Thorin.

LOL

That'd be fucking amazing.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Varanice
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1517 Posts
February 01 2015 06:19 GMT
#24
On February 01 2015 15:18 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2015 13:24 DarthBotto wrote:
You should approach Thorin.

LOL

That'd be fucking amazing.

I think it would be seriously badass if we could get Thorin to make content for TL. <3
www.twitch.tv/varanice
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
February 01 2015 10:42 GMT
#25
Plz no...
Useless wet fish.
mki
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Poland882 Posts
February 01 2015 13:32 GMT
#26
On February 01 2015 15:18 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2015 13:24 DarthBotto wrote:
You should approach Thorin.

LOL

That'd be fucking amazing.

and expensive :D
Head of New Business at Team Kinguin :: https://www.teamkinguin.com
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
February 01 2015 15:23 GMT
#27
If only I have good enough English...
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
February 04 2015 00:30 GMT
#28
We have now opened up our writer recruitment to include all regions! If you were a European wanting to cover European events, now's your time to apply!
Writer
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
February 04 2015 20:34 GMT
#29
Now recruiting a Music Producer (possibly two)! Read about the position in the OP!
Writer
NyxNax
Profile Joined March 2014
United States227 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-24 07:52:52
February 22 2015 10:51 GMT
#30
I think I'd like to apply for one of the writing positions. I'd love to get into a casting position eventually as well, so if I could do both that would be a blast and work out rather well. I've had counter strike literally since beta 1.0. It was quite different back then but it was definitely a pioneer. There were no bomb maps, only hostage maps and CS_Siege was by far the most popular. The colt could zoom in, the AWP had a crosshair un-zoomed, was perfectly accurate and would kill you 1 shot in the leg. At one point in a certain beta release, they changed the flashbang to a concussion grenade that would deal damage and could kill you as well. Then when steam was released, I remember being on my computer right when it was available to download, around 11pm or so. Whats interesting is steam says it was released "September 12th, 2003", but in my steam profile it says I've been a member since "September 11th, 2003".
Well enough reminiscing, as far as professional experience goes, I was on a sponsored team in Cal-M and a season of Cal-I, this was before there was a Cal-P. We were sponsored by a local internet cafe and art gallery in Portland Oregon, which is still around today. So... Didn't exactly have our own personal jet or anything but it was still such an awesome experience. We went to tournaments all over Oregon, Washington and Canada. At the time there was a huge boom in LAN centers, so there were plenty of tournaments to attend. We won a couple, but never did bad in any of them really. A rather funny tournament I'll never forget, a LAN center that had been open for about 2-3 months was having their inaugural tournament with a sponsored team of their own. A teammate had been there a few times and signed us up. So I'm running a little late and we were up first against their sponsored team. No time to chit-chat, had to run in and set up right when I arrived. DE_Train. T side first, win pistol round and on their first buy round I ace them with the Commando. Through my headphones I can hear WTF's around the room and a few "who the fuck is this guy?". People start crowding around and as we walk over them the rest of the rounds I can hear more and more complaining coming from the other side of the room. I'm just havin a ball. But... After first half all is not well as the owner is talking with his team and devoted customers. In that short time I had been there though I gained some fans. I sent one in to find out whats going on, and when my mole returned it was not good news. The owner was giving us the boot after the match. His reasoning? Well honestly there was no reasoning. 3 of us had not been customers before and he didn't want out-of-towners to take the prize, even though we all lived within 15 minutes away and other teams had people from out of state. He knew before the match started and allowed us to play, I wonder if we lost the match if he would've done the same thing? But it was his place, all I could do was give him a few kind words and leave.
Now I don't want to give myself/our team too much credit, they definitely were not in any way a top quality team, but they did win the tournament after we left. Think 1st was 3,000 and 2nd 1000. Would've been quite nice back then. Anyway... This turned out way way longer than I meant, takin a stroll down memory lane got me carried away. I'll get to work on an article and send it in. If you can use me I'd be honored to be apart of the TL writing staff :D
So happy to see you all expanding!! <3 <3 <3
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
February 22 2015 20:14 GMT
#31
NyxNax, looking forward to your application! ^^
Writer
pb.fcnz
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Canada101 Posts
February 22 2015 20:58 GMT
#32
NyxNax

Where did you come up with this story lol?

Anyone who's actually been around for that long will cringe about 20 times while reading your story.

Sorry to be a dick, but it's a pet peeve of mine, having been around long enough to see about 100,000 "former Cal-I players" claim to this and that.
NotJumperer
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States1371 Posts
February 22 2015 21:49 GMT
#33
--- Nuked ---
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
February 22 2015 21:58 GMT
#34
It is not too late, no.
Writer
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
February 22 2015 23:06 GMT
#35
Like most TL staff functions I'd assume applications are open indefinitely.
Administrator
NyxNax
Profile Joined March 2014
United States227 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-24 07:48:07
February 24 2015 07:39 GMT
#36
On February 23 2015 05:58 pb.fcnz wrote:
NyxNax

Where did you come up with this story lol?

Anyone who's actually been around for that long will cringe about 20 times while reading your story.

Sorry to be a dick, but it's a pet peeve of mine, having been around long enough to see about 100,000 "former Cal-I players" claim to this and that.



I don't understand what's so hard to believe, but ok. I didn't make some bold claim that I was ever the best player in the world by any means. Hence the single season of Cal-i(we got rekt)... But yes, you do see a million ppl claiming to have cal-i experience so I suppose I understand your skepticism. Like I said though, the internet cafe/art gallery is still around if you'd like to talk to them. The LAN center we got kicked out of though... is Not around. It may have sounded like I embellished that story, but that really is how it went down. But I suppose I should've said that in the end I did become friends with the owner later on down the road.
Here's the September 11th date I was talking about. My steam ID is 1963.
[image loading]

Sorry the story bothered you so much, if ya don't want to believe that's ok.
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
February 25 2015 21:01 GMT
#37
Closing applications for Video Editors. We got a good team. =)
Writer
BboyApache
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States44 Posts
February 26 2015 00:44 GMT
#38
Applied for Music position. Read PM for more info.
Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist, while you guys are busy arguing about the glass of water... I drank it! - The Opportunist
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
March 22 2015 02:02 GMT
#39
We are now looking for Event Managers to join our team! PM with your application if you're interested. =)
Writer
slouchy
Profile Joined January 2017
United States1 Post
January 25 2017 17:50 GMT
#40
is this position still open?
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer - Bruce Lee
simsyland
Profile Blog Joined January 2017
United Kingdom2 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-05 19:09:09
February 05 2017 19:08 GMT
#41
On January 26 2017 02:50 slouchy wrote:
is this position still open?


Clearly people don't read the original post:

Applications are open until positions are filled (we will let you know in the OP what is currently open).
Positions are not paid and are on a strictly voluntary basis. The reward is having your work viewed and the opportunity to team up with an amazing group of people.

Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 121
ViBE71
CosmosSc2 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 585
Artosis 360
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever483
League of Legends
JimRising 474
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS103
PPMD40
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
Liquid`Hasu1457
Other Games
summit1g8029
shahzam528
byalli379
C9.Mang0219
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 28m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 28m
Stellar Fest
14h 28m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.