• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:50
CEST 09:50
KST 16:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11853 users

Teach me go (baduk) - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
GroT
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Belgium3003 Posts
November 22 2006 17:39 GMT
#21
rofl I'm saving dota for when I have mastered all the other games
DANCE ALL DAY
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
November 22 2006 18:39 GMT
#22
ZhaoMin[2d?] on KGS anyone wanna play ??
Baduk
Profile Joined November 2006
France7 Posts
November 22 2006 19:11 GMT
#23
On November 23 2006 01:02 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Isn't there an anime like dedicated to Go? Like hikaru something go.


yes, it is Hikaru no Go, manga and anime
trombone on KGS
Leath
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada1724 Posts
November 23 2006 02:54 GMT
#24
whats DotA?
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=Sagess
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
November 23 2006 07:32 GMT
#25
On November 23 2006 11:54 Leath wrote:
whats DotA?

Haha if strafe or brain had Op in here you'd be out right about.. now lol. Anyway, I don't play go but alot of my friends do so I just came in to check the thread. Nice to see TL community is totally awsome and helpful in an obscene amount of ways and on an icredibly diverse amount of topics.

Nice work and kudos to all the people taking the time to give awsome responses and offering to teach and stuff. <3
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
ZaplinG
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3818 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-11-23 12:35:21
November 23 2006 12:34 GMT
#26
Go is a game to end all games

unfortunate that I tried to learn it at a bad time~

The keys to getting better quickly (for beginners) are learning the concept of life/death and memorizing shapes and joseki's.
Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free
Baduk
Profile Joined November 2006
France7 Posts
November 23 2006 19:17 GMT
#27
Somes games were played yesterday in the TeamLiquid room on KGS,
The beginners are welcome for advices, game's commentaries and teaching games
trombone on KGS
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-11-23 19:50:01
November 23 2006 19:49 GMT
#28
I´m in. I never succeded with chess, this is my new chance. I promise ill play at least 3 games per day

edit: Id AnTaReS
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
November 23 2006 22:53 GMT
#29
Where can I download a Go game for 2 players?
Baduk
Profile Joined November 2006
France7 Posts
November 23 2006 23:49 GMT
#30
On November 24 2006 07:53 SF-Fork wrote:
Where can I download a Go game for 2 players?


I'm not sure that I understand the need,
either your are in the same room, I would say, use a real game ! (but you can still play with KGS if you have not a real game)
or you are in different location, you need internet, and why not using KGS ?

otherwise, you can look at http://senseis.xmp.net/?GoSoftware. Some client sofware may do what your want, but I never looked for this feature.
trombone on KGS
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 24 2006 00:11 GMT
#31
gah i hated when I would lose the damn stones in obscure places in my room ((((
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-12 19:18:44
December 12 2006 19:17 GMT
#32
On November 24 2006 08:49 Baduk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2006 07:53 SF-Fork wrote:
Where can I download a Go game for 2 players?


I'm not sure that I understand the need,
either your are in the same room, I would say, use a real game ! (but you can still play with KGS if you have not a real game)
or you are in different location, you need internet, and why not using KGS ?

otherwise, you can look at http://senseis.xmp.net/?GoSoftware. Some client sofware may do what your want, but I never looked for this feature.


I steal unstable wifi from my neighbor because the italian mafia does not let me contract my own DSL, and I would like to play sometimes with my polish flatmate.

On a side not I have already played about 15 games of go @KGS and I am really starting to enjoy it. Too bad my exam period is closing in. Anyways the teamliquid room idea is very good. Explosive gave me some tips the other day.
ZaplinG
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3818 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-10 23:30:07
April 10 2007 23:29 GMT
#33
Bumping this old thread to see if anyone would be interested in a few teaching games with me -.-

I've started to play again, but I'm still hovering around the 20-23k rank right now

I'm on KGS as Tanooki
Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 660
soO 527
BeSt 402
Hyuk 394
Killer 47
Mind 41
Shinee 34
Mong 30
Bale 25
ZergMaN 12
[ Show more ]
yabsab 9
Dota 2
monkeys_forever932
XaKoH 615
XcaliburYe188
League of Legends
JimRising 516
Other Games
summit1g9655
olofmeister727
ceh9559
Happy315
Livibee162
Mew2King81
ArmadaUGS53
crisheroes46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH368
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1385
• Stunt438
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 10m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 10m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.