• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8813 users

TL Smash Player Locator

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-15 04:10:19
July 18 2014 01:57 GMT
#1
Since the general discussion thread is super old, out of date, and no longer updated, please post here. Smashboards has fallen out of use for the most part, so look for your local Facebook group to find players near you if you can't find anyone here. Smash is best played in person!

That said, if you absolutely can't find anyone near you or are strapped for transportation, Melee is also available on Netplay, which has fairly decent latency if your connection is good and you aren't too far apart.

Template (copy paste):
[b]Smash handle:[/b]
[b]Where do you live?[/b]
[b]Which game(s)?[/b]
[b]Main(s):[/b]
[b]How long have you been playing competitively?[/b]
[b]Do you use Netplay?[/b]
[b]Any other extra smash-relevant info:[/b]


Smash handle: Kyuukyuu
Where do you live? Vancouver, BC
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Marth
How long have you been playing competitively? 2005-2008, 2013-now
Do you use Netplay? Occasionally.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I do Smash coverage for TL! And I run local tournaments here on the west side. If you go to UBC or live nearby, check us out on the UBC Smash Facebook page. ALSO I DIDN'T GET TO GO TO EVO2014 DUE TO HEALTH REASONS, I did not go 0-2 like the bracket says



==============


Current List (as of Aug 7 2014)

West Coast (PM me if you use Netplay for TL skype group)
+ Show Spoiler +


British Columbia, Washington, Oregon
+ Show Spoiler +

Smash handle: Kyuukyuu
Where do you live? Vancouver, BC
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Marth
How long have you been playing competitively? 2005-2008, 2013-now
Do you use Netplay? Occasionally.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I do Smash coverage for TL! And I run local tournaments here on the west side. If you go to UBC or live nearby, check us out on the UBC Smash Facebook page. ALSO I DIDN'T GET TO GO TO EVO2014 DUE TO HEALTH REASONS, I did not go 0-2 like the bracket says

Smash handle: nothing yet (Just_a_Moth on TL)
Where do you live? Victoria BC
Which Game? Melee
Mains? Marth, Ganon, Falco
How long have you been playing competitively? Never, I just started playing smash, and just play against the CPU with an Xbox controller on my laptop, I still haven't unlocked FD or Battlefield (event matches are laggy/I am bad).
Do you use netplay? No, never tried to.

Smash handle: Don't have one online yet, but will likely be using Noctuos.
Where do you live?: Vancouver, BC
Which game(s)?: Project M
Main(s): None yet, liking Toon Link and Pikachu, though
Do you use Netplay?: NOPE. Won't be playing online for a good month at least. Lots of un-noobing to do first.
How long have you been playing competitively?: Two weeks.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Real bad, but hopefully that'll be changed soon since I have people to play with now. If you play Project M in the Vancouver area/go to P4K monthlies, hit me up! I'll probably meet you anyway through Michael W and P4K, though!

Smash handle: Trozz
Where do you live? Kamloops, BC
Which game(s)? PM / Melee
Main(s): Random / Ganon
How long have you been playing competitively? 2008-2009
Do you use Netplay? Yes.
Any other extra smash-relevant info:
Played in Brawl tournies.
Laddered Brawl on gamebattles.
It's been a few years.


NorCal
+ Show Spoiler +

Smash handle: 343
Where do you live? (soon to be) Mountain View, CA; have gone to tournaments in Massachusetts and North Carolina
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Samus
How long have you been playing competitively? 2011-now
Do you use Netplay? Not yet.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I, like Kyuukyuu, am on the TL Smash coverage team!

Smash handle: Elyv
Where do you live? Santa Clara, CA
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Peach
How long have you been playing competitively? Never played competitively, but played quite a bit in college(~2006-2008)
Do you use Netplay? No

Smash handle: none atm (iaeuy TL handle)
Where do you live? Berkeley, CA (Norcal)
Which game(s)? Melee, rarely PM
Main(s): Fox, (Falco, Marth, Sheik)
How long have you been playing competitively? A year
Do you use Netplay? Rarely
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Happy to play anyone in the area

Smash handle: N/A (cekkmt TL handle)
Where do you live? Berkeley, CA (Norcal)
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Captain Falcon
How long have you been playing competitively? Been following since Apex 2012, but can't play that much because school.
Do you use Netplay? Not yet.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: My goal in life is to pull off the sacred combo.

Smash handle: Fluid
Where do you live? San Jose, Ca (NORCAL)
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Ice Climbers
How long have you been playing competitively? Since January 2014
Do you use Netplay? No
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I usually go to the tournaments in San Carlos, Mountain View, and San Jose. I sometimes go to the smashfests at Valco Mall

Smash handle: Lyen
Where do you live? Palo Alto, CA (NorCal)
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Captain Falcon
How long have you been playing competitively? Since Oct. 2013
Do you use Netplay? Not yet. Maybe when I have access to good internet.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I want to play local people, please host!

Smash handle: Jeremy
Where do you live? Yosemite, CA
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Falco, Ice Climbers, Link
How long have you been playing competitively? like a week ago
Do you use Netplay? Yes
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Been watching Smash for about a year, but just starting to play for real. Add me on steam if you want to play. SteamID: mindgoose

Smash handle: jello
Where do you live? san francisco (bay area, norcal)
Which game(s)? melee
Main(s): peach (and learning YL, and one day zelda)
How long have you been playing competitively? eh maybe back in 06-07ish and then Feb this year picked it up again
Do you use Netplay? yuuuup
Any other extra smash-relevant info: im glad tl picked up smash. It now officially has a hand in all the games ive ever actually spent time on (bw, sc2, LoL, and SSBM!)

Smash handle: N/A (TL handle cekkmt)
Where do you live? Berkeley, CA (Norcal)
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Captain Falcon
How long have you been playing competitively? Been following since Apex 2012, but can't play that much because school.
Do you use Netplay? Not yet.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: My goal in life is to pull off the sacred combo.



SoCal
+ Show Spoiler +

Smash handle: rabidch
Where do you live? Northern SoCal
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Samus
How long have you been playing competitively? Never. 2009-2011 UCLA Smash Club... Started again in 2014-20XX hopefully.
Do you use Netplay? Yes

Smash handle: SLAM
Where do you live? Palm Springs
Which game(s)? All da gamez
Main(s): Peach Ness Fox(64 only) ZSS(Brawl only)
How long have you been playing competitively? I so casual sson

First tourney back in August.
Do you use Netplay? Nope. Teach me how sson use PM
Any other extra smash-relevant info: sson I play this game for like many years but I had no idea pro videogames existed until college, that was about 8 years ago and I was like "well I am a nerd but I have no time" so

I suxxu

But I can do some things.


Other WC
+ Show Spoiler +

Smash handle: Lumi
Where do you live? Denver, Colorado
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Marth
How long have you been playing competitively? I just began in October of 2014
Do you use Netplay? Yes
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I stream my play at twitch.tv/lumigaming and you can find out when I'm streaming by following one me on twitter @LumiGaming

Smash Handle: RVKS
Where do you live: Utah
Which game: Melee
Main: Fox, Falcon
How long: A year and a half



East Coast
+ Show Spoiler +


Canada
+ Show Spoiler +

Smash handle: Dano
Where do you live? Toronto, Canada
Which game(s)? Super Smash Bros. Melee
Main(s): Ganandorf, Ness, YL, Peach
How long have you been playing competitively? Never, but i fell in love with this game in college with my 2 other roommates and we played this game religiously everyday.
Do you use Netplay? not yet
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I really want to play others and show you the destruction i think i'm capable of. I want to be the best. if you think you're good, play me.


Smash handle: never really thought about it, but I guess it would be darthfoley-- will have to put on my thinking cap
Where do you live? Gaithersburg, MD/Lancaster, PA (1st = summer, 2nd = college)
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Falcon, play some Marth
How long have you been playing competitively? Watched the documentary, fell in love and started playing in late 2013/early 2014. Just got a full rig so I'm starting to actually play more seriously now.
Do you use Netplay? Nope. Haven't really gotten around to it yet.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Haven't attended any tournaments, but hope to at some point. Smash on

Smash handle: Jank
Where do you live? Buffalo, NY
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): JIgglypuff
How long have you been playing competitively?Aware of the competitive scene and a lil bit of play here and there since 2008. First tournament apex 2014 this year.
Do you use Netplay? A little bit, I hate the latency but it can be fun once and awhile to play with people who you wouldn't get to normally.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I quit starcraft II about a year ago when I got a new full time job but picked up smash as a replacement. Every tournament I go to I'm improving. I went from scrubbing out 0-2 to top 8ing in my region's 40-50 man locals. I have a fox and a marth but I don't really use them in tournaments.

Smash handle: Fez$
Where do you live? Buffalo, NY
Which game(s)? Melee/PM
Main(s): Sheik
How long have you been playing competitively?Had friends in high school(2007ish) who were competitive, but was never on that level. Started playing a lot with a coworker and now roommate. First tournament was Apex 2014.
Do you use Netplay? Haven't used it yet.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I used to play a lot of smash 64 growing up, and I'd play a lot against really good smashers, so I have decent game sense. I settled on Sheik as a main in March. I play incredibly campy, partly due to my main practice partner being a Puff player, but mostly due to my inconsistent tech making follow ups more risky. Looking to start hosting tournaments in Buffalo, hoping to draw from the WNY scene as well as the Ohio and Pittsburgh scene, and maybe even the Toronto area.

Smash handle: Soniv
Where do you live? West Springfield, MA
Which game(s)? Melee/PM
Main(s): Peach, learning Fox
How long have you been playing competitively? played some in high school some 7-8 years ago, just getting back into the scene - went to NSA2 and Justice 3 recently
Do you use Netplay? not atm
Any other extra smash-relevant info: New England smash scene is growing very quickly, I just wish I had more people in northwestern CT/southwestern MA to play with

Smash Handle: Darkhorse
Where do you live? Philadelphia, PA
Game(s)? Only Melee atm but I want to start playing some PM
Main(s)? Marth, Sheik, I can be persuaded to play the most badass captain falcon you will ever see
How long have you been playing the game competitively? A few months. I went to SKTAR 3 after a few weeks of practice and got rekt, but I've gotten a little better since then.
Do you use Netplay? Not yet
Any other extra smash relevant info: I haven't gone to a single local in south Jersey this summer, but I went to SKTAR and I will be at Zenith this upcoming weekend!

Smash handle: AirKing (AirkingVG/Airking990)
Where do you live? Wantagh, Long Island, New York
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Falco, Fox, Shiek
How long have you been playing competitively? As of Autumn of 2012
Do you use Netplay? No
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Never been to a tournament, but looking to go to one. I'm looking for a practice partner as well

Smash handle: Mirabel_, hangrybax
Where do you live? Norwalk, CT
Which Game? SSBM, P:M, M:SDR
Mains? DK, Peach
How long have you been playing competitively? Seriously in tournaments? About a year. Been playing to win for much longer.
Do you use netplay? No.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Biggest weakness across all fighting games is tech skill, which is why I play simplistic characters. Working on closing the gap regarding that with a pocket Fox. In P:M I mostly play Melee characters since I've been playing the game since it came out. In Brawl I main Jigglypuff, though opportunities to play that are few and far between.

Smash handle: 8==D
Where do you live? New Haven, CT
Which Game? SSBM
Mains? Samus, Ganon, Ness, Mewtwo, Luigi
How long have you been playing competitively? No tournaments. Playing off and on since 2008.
Do you use netplay? No.


Midwest
+ Show Spoiler +

Smash handle: puppykiller
Where do you live? Minneapolis, MN
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Falcon, Puff
How long have you been playing competitively? For about a year. But I am very casual about the game since BW is my main game. Outside of learning tech and playing a lot I don't take the game to seriously.
Do you use Netplay? WTF is netplay.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I'll play people much worse or much better than me I don't really care.

Smash handle: Frolo
Where do you live? Michigan
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Peach
How long have you been playing competitively? on and off for ~7 years
Do you use Netplay? Sometimes
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Living in the UP, sometimes come down for events


South
+ Show Spoiler +

Smash handle: asdf
Where do you live? Baton Rouge, LA
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Marth
How long have you been playing competitively? idk started attending tournies this year though
Do you use Netplay? nop
Any other extra smash-relevant info: LSU student we have a new smash club now :^)


International
(are you in Europe and use Netplay? PM Xeofreestyler with your Skype to be added to a TL euro netplay group!)
+ Show Spoiler +

Europe
+ Show Spoiler +

Smash handle: Cane
Where do you live? Nordland, Norway
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Fox, Mewtwo, Falco, Marth, Yoshi, Samus
How long have you been playing competitively? Casual only, decent tech skill
Do you use Netplay? Not yet tried due to lack of nearby players
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Looking for practice partners. I've played the game on and off for ages, but I've rarely had people to play with so I'm still a scrub. If Dolphin netplay is functional and you live nearby I'm definitely up for a game.

Smash handle: Xeo
Where do you live? Brussels, Belgium
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Falco, Ness, YL
How long have you been playing competitively? I guess 3 months, but I've been playing casually for a few years
Do you use Netplay? Yes
Any other extra smash-relevant info: pm me with skype details and I can add you to a european skypegroup with melee netplayers

Smash handle: Hoejja
Where do you live? Marseille, France
Which game(s)? Melee, brawl
Main(s) : Jigglypuff, marth
How long have you been playing competitively? 2011 (?) to 2014 in brawl, never in melee. Tried PM once.
Do you use Netplay? i'm planning on very soon.


Africa
+ Show Spoiler +

Smash handle: wren
Where do you live? Johannesburg, South Africa
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Fox, Jigglypuff
How long have you been playing competitively? only been playing 1 year, not super competitive but looking for other smashers in my area.
Do you use Netplay? No


]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-18 04:38:42
July 18 2014 02:01 GMT
#2
Smash handle: 343
Where do you live? (soon to be) Mountain View, CA (aka NorCal); have gone to tournaments in Massachusetts and North Carolina
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Samus
How long have you been playing competitively? 2011-now, but only started attending tournaments this year due to reasons
Do you use Netplay? Not yet.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I, like Kyuukyuu, am on the TL Smash coverage team!
Writer
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-18 03:19:55
July 18 2014 02:35 GMT
#3
If more casual people are okay:

Smash handle: Elyv
Where do you live? Santa Clara, CA (aka NorCal)
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Peach
How long have you been playing competitively? Never played competitively, but played some in college(~2006-2008)
Do you use Netplay? No
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Not really, no.
Liquipedia
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-18 03:34:11
July 18 2014 03:32 GMT
#4
Smash handle: nothing yet
Where do you live? Victoria BC
Which Game? Melee
Mains? Marth, Ganon, Falco
How long have you been playing competitively? Never, I just started playing smash, and just play against the CPU with an Xbox controller on my laptop, I still haven't unlocked FD or Battlefield (event matches are laggy/I am bad).
Do you use netplay? No, never tried to.
Any other extra sma:sh-relevant info: nothing yet...
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
July 18 2014 03:36 GMT
#5
Just_a_Moth check out the UVic Smash Bros Club FB group :O
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 18 2014 04:21 GMT
#6
Smash handle: rabidch
Where do you live? Northern SoCal
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Samus
How long have you been playing competitively? Never. 2009-2011 UCLA Smash Club... Started again in 2014-20XX hopefully.
Do you use Netplay? Yes
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Nope
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
July 18 2014 04:28 GMT
#7
On July 18 2014 12:36 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Just_a_Moth check out the UVic Smash Bros Club FB group :O

I have, but I've been too lazy to go buy a gamecube controller lol. Even though there is a great place close to my house that sells them. But they don't have adapters
iaeuy
Profile Joined September 2009
United States249 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-18 04:37:03
July 18 2014 04:35 GMT
#8
Smash handle: none atm
Where do you live? Berkeley, CA (Norcal)
Which game(s)? Melee, rarely PM
Main(s): Fox, (Falco, Marth, Sheik)
How long have you been playing competitively? A year
Do you use Netplay? Rarely
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Happy to play anyone in the area!
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-18 05:20:49
July 18 2014 05:20 GMT
#9
On July 18 2014 13:28 Just_a_Moth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2014 12:36 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Just_a_Moth check out the UVic Smash Bros Club FB group :O

I have, but I've been too lazy to go buy a gamecube controller lol. Even though there is a great place close to my house that sells them. But they don't have adapters


I don't think anywhere has adapters, lol. Pretty much online order only. If the scene is close enough to you you really don't even need one, just go play locally. Smashers have been doing that for over ten years, netplay is just a crutch :D
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
July 18 2014 06:15 GMT
#10
Yeah, but I need an adapter to just to practice with a gamecube controller on my computer. But I'm going to Ottawa in the fall and I'll be living with some people who have a gamecube and melee!
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-18 06:53:22
July 18 2014 06:52 GMT
#11
Smash handle: never really thought about it, but I guess it would be darthfoley-- will have to put on my thinking cap
Where do you live? Gaithersburg, MD/Lancaster, PA (1st = summer, 2nd = college)
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Falcon, play some Marth
How long have you been playing competitively? Watched the documentary, fell in love and started playing in late 2013/early 2014. Just got a full rig so I'm starting to actually play more seriously now.
Do you use Netplay? Nope. Haven't really gotten around to it yet.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Haven't attended any tournaments, but hope to at some point. Smash on!
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
seom
Profile Joined January 2013
South Africa491 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-18 09:20:19
July 18 2014 07:03 GMT
#12
Smash handle: wren
Where do you live? Johannesburg, South Africa
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Fox, Jigglypuff
How long have you been playing competitively? only been playing 1 year, not super competitive but looking for other smashers in my area.
Do you use Netplay? No
Moobla
Profile Joined May 2011
United States186 Posts
July 18 2014 08:26 GMT
#13
On July 18 2014 11:35 Elyvilon wrote:
If more casual people are okay:

Smash handle: Elyv
Where do you live? Santa Clara, CA (aka NorCal)
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Peach
How long have you been playing competitively? Never played competitively, but played some in college(~2006-2008)
Do you use Netplay? No
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Not really, no.

That's interesting, I played with a Peach main from Santa Clara today. He plays competitively though.
"If you aren't attacking, you are probably losing." -QXC
Moobla
Profile Joined May 2011
United States186 Posts
July 18 2014 08:53 GMT
#14
Smash handle: Lyen
Where do you live? Palo Alto, CA (NorCal)
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Captain Falcon
How long have you been playing competitively? Since Oct. 2013
Do you use Netplay? Not yet. Maybe when I have access to good internet.
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I want to play local people, please host!
"If you aren't attacking, you are probably losing." -QXC
TheRealFluid
Profile Joined June 2011
United States501 Posts
July 18 2014 09:21 GMT
#15
Smash handle: Fluid
Where do you live? San Jose, Ca (NORCAL)
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Ice Climbers
How long have you been playing competitively? Since January 2014
Do you use Netplay? No
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I usually go to the tournaments in San Carlos, Mountain View, and San Jose. I sometimes go to the smashfests at Valco Mall.
"The wings don't make you fly and the crown don't make you king.||"What do you say to god of gg? NOT TODAY" -John the Translator. "Give me Command" -Yellow.
Yomi-no-Kuni
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany333 Posts
July 18 2014 10:56 GMT
#16
Smash handle: Yomi
Where do you live? Germany
Which game(s)? Melee, PM
Main(s): Sheik, Charizard
How long have you been playing competitively? 2007-now
Do you use Netplay? Laggy PC
Any other extra smash-relevant info: twitch name: Yomedrath
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
July 18 2014 13:10 GMT
#17
On July 18 2014 17:26 Moobla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2014 11:35 Elyvilon wrote:
If more casual people are okay:

Smash handle: Elyv
Where do you live? Santa Clara, CA (aka NorCal)
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Peach
How long have you been playing competitively? Never played competitively, but played some in college(~2006-2008)
Do you use Netplay? No
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Not really, no.

That's interesting, I played with a Peach main from Santa Clara today. He plays competitively though.

Different person, sadly I haven't played in years.
Liquipedia
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
July 18 2014 16:24 GMT
#18
Smash handle: Xeo
Where do you live? Brussels, Belgium
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Falco, Ness, YL
How long have you been playing competitively? I guess 3 months, but I've been playing casually for a few years
Do you use Netplay? Yes
Any other extra smash-relevant info: I'll pummel you with the highest and the lowest of the tier list
Graphics
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-18 16:50:29
July 18 2014 16:44 GMT
#19
Smash handle: Cane
Where do you live? Nordland, Norway
Which game(s)? Melee
Main(s): Fox, Mewtwo, Falco, Marth, Yoshi, Samus
How long have you been playing competitively? Casual only, decent tech skill
Do you use Netplay? Not yet tried due to lack of nearby players
Any other extra smash-relevant info: Looking for practice partners

I've played the game on and off for ages, but I've rarely had people to play with so I'm still a scrub. If Dolphin netplay is functional and you live nearby I'm definitely up for a game.

Edit: Depending on how many people we get for this, can we find some kind of live chat hangout for people who are looking for a game? #tl-smash on QuakeNet is very inactive, and there's no way to tell at a glance where people are from.
TL+ Member
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
July 18 2014 17:00 GMT
#20
https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=dolphin-ssbm&uio=Nz10cnVlJjk9MzU3fe is the "official" netplay irc channel I believe.
Writer
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC127
EnkiAlexander 11
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
SteadfastSC 127
Rex 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50771
Bisu 2259
Horang2 1301
Hyuk 615
BeSt 480
EffOrt 428
Mini 398
Light 354
Soma 329
Larva 287
[ Show more ]
ZerO 185
Shuttle 152
Rush 138
Mong 93
Leta 89
Barracks 83
Snow 69
Pusan 63
ToSsGirL 50
Mind 47
Aegong 33
JYJ 28
Sexy 27
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 12
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 8
Rock 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4742
XaKoH 401
Counter-Strike
Fnx 719
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1404
Khaldor1121
Lowko503
Other Games
gofns33041
singsing2033
olofmeister1271
B2W.Neo426
hiko402
Livibee194
Beastyqt114
Liquid`VortiX90
Mew2King75
ArmadaUGS69
ZerO(Twitch)11
djWHEAT9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 258
ComeBackTV 182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 98
Other Games
BasetradeTV52
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH196
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 51m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 51m
Online Event
21h 51m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.