• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:14
CEST 10:14
KST 17:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8944 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 661

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 659 660 661 662 663 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 13 2015 18:00 GMT
#13201
On December 13 2015 05:44 Mensol wrote:


holy shit l o l


lmao that was brilliant and sad
Mensol
Profile Joined September 2012
14536 Posts
December 13 2015 19:17 GMT
#13202


jesus christ. Infiltration you beast.
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, how are your enemies supposed to know what the fuck you are doing. - imaqtpie on NA teams at Worlds.
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
December 14 2015 05:40 GMT
#13203
That Dan setup was siiiiick
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
December 14 2015 05:45 GMT
#13204
Infiltration is amazing. <3
TL+ Member
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
December 15 2015 19:10 GMT
#13205
Hey guys, I had a gear question, and figured that this was the best place to ask. Has anyone had much experience with controller converters?

I've got an Xbox 360 stick that I bought a while ago and used on that console and PC. My problem is that I've got a PS4 now, and would like to play some games on it (Maybe SFV, Tekken 7, PSN games, etc.). My stick's still in really good shape, and buying a converter is cheaper than buying a new stick, so I was wondering if anyone has had hands-on experience with a converter. I'm mostly worried about the hardware quality and if it introduces any bad latency. I'd hate to buy one, and then find out that they're prone to breaking or make things basically unplayable.
you gotta dance
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-15 19:38:12
December 15 2015 19:35 GMT
#13206
Not speaking from first hand experience but that of a friend. All converters have to introduce some latency. I believe he said it was significant too. If you can do it yourself or know a friend you can switch out your pcb and play on many consoles. I don't know how complicated the process is but I am sure there is a thread for your specific arcade stick for conversion.
Look on this thread for a list of other threads for your arcade stick http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/81882/#post-5353041
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
December 15 2015 20:10 GMT
#13207
On December 16 2015 04:10 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Hey guys, I had a gear question, and figured that this was the best place to ask. Has anyone had much experience with controller converters?

I've got an Xbox 360 stick that I bought a while ago and used on that console and PC. My problem is that I've got a PS4 now, and would like to play some games on it (Maybe SFV, Tekken 7, PSN games, etc.). My stick's still in really good shape, and buying a converter is cheaper than buying a new stick, so I was wondering if anyone has had hands-on experience with a converter. I'm mostly worried about the hardware quality and if it introduces any bad latency. I'd hate to buy one, and then find out that they're prone to breaking or make things basically unplayable.


I used to have a PS2 to USB converter that I used for my 360 and I liked it a lot. I mainly used it for Soulcalibur V which is a slower game than SF4, so any input latency was masked a bit. I still used it when SF4 came out by hooking up my SF Anniversary PS2 stick, and I don't remember it being that bad. My friends who came to play thought the latency was noticeable, but maybe I had just gotten used to it. I think it was a worthwhile purchase and I don't regret it, but a better solution you might look into to completely eliminate any latency problems would probably be dualmodding?
Moderator
Tien Vu
Profile Joined August 2015
184 Posts
December 15 2015 23:08 GMT
#13208
snake eyez last episode:

Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
December 16 2015 12:12 GMT
#13209
Topanga is live. Tokido and Momochi present. I wish I spoke moon. ♥ http://www.twitch.tv/topangatv
TL+ Member
Tien Vu
Profile Joined August 2015
184 Posts
December 16 2015 12:13 GMT
#13210
kazunoko and misse playing sf5, boys!!! fang is playable too:

http://www.twitch.tv/capcom_channel
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
December 16 2015 13:03 GMT
#13211
I've been thinking about Street Fighter V lately. I want to set up a topic for SF5 and update it for tournaments like I have been doing with the USF4 thread for the past year or so, but I'm not sure what the best approach would be. Should I create a whole new thread, or retool this one and keep all the Street Fighter coverage in one convenient place?

On the one hand, keeping Street Fighter info confined to one thread makes sense. Any time there is a Street Fighter V tournament, there is likely to be an USF4 counterpart. For convenience, I could make just one post about every tournament (with combined schedules for USF4 and SF5) and leave it at that.

On the other hand, the OP also contains USF4 info -- how to play, how to get better, highlights from past SF4 events, news, and so on. If I wanted to do something similar for SF5 and maintain a sort of info post for newcomers, the OP would get real cluttered real quick. It's already too big, and organizing it using just BBCode and plaintext is really messy.

Which one would you guys prefer? Make a new thread or retool this one? And why?
TL+ Member
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-16 13:14:34
December 16 2015 13:13 GMT
#13212
For me new thread makes more sense, it's a fresh start, new people will most likely join with the new game they can feel part of something with a new thread. Another reason would be that we have already 661 pages here, a new thread will be needed eventually, this is a good chance.

About tournaments I don't think usfiv will generate big expectations once V gets rolling, top players will train for V because that's where the prizes will be, so sf4 will get relegated to nostalgia for people who liked killing with one sweep (¬_¬) and such, the level of play has already peaked, it's all downward from here.

In regard to the guides and other useful stuff in the OP, while they are valuable I really think we will get a lot of content for SFV, of every level of play, and new players can relate more with guides done in the new game.

My 2 cents, thanks for all the work done Aylear.
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-16 14:16:07
December 16 2015 14:15 GMT
#13213
Honestly that thread is a behemoth without adding additional content (ty). To merge it with what will likely be a similar sized thread seems like a bad idea. But to update two separate also seems unnecessary. With SFV coming out it is likely that most weekly events will switch. What you could do is have a small section on the SFV OP with information about SFIV so you only have to update one thread and we only have to read one thread. I'm not sure how much support or popularity IV will have the future either.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-16 14:31:22
December 16 2015 14:28 GMT
#13214
How popular was 3S after SF4 was released?

EDIT: As for the thread issue... afaik threads do not get deleted here. Wouldn't it be simple to just make a new thread and link this thread in the OP for those who would be interested it and haven't found it on their own?
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
December 16 2015 14:34 GMT
#13215
I don't believe it was super popular but I do remember watching a few 3s tournaments. We will also have to consider that the amount of people who played 3s initially was also significantly less than the amount of people who got into SF or fighting games from IV (me included). Although it is best to just wait and see interest.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
December 16 2015 14:35 GMT
#13216
On December 16 2015 23:28 kuresuti wrote:
How popular was 3S after SF4 was released?

EDIT: As for the thread issue... afaik threads do not get deleted here. Wouldn't it be simple to just make a new thread and link this thread in the OP for those who would be interested it and haven't found it on their own?

3S and even Super Turbo were both played in major tournaments for about a year after SF4 came out, with streams and casters and competitors. Eventually everyone switched over and the interest in the former died down, which will eventually happen again with USF4 now that SF5 is out, but I wouldn't be surprised to see USF4 as a tertiary event for the first several majors just to ease the transition.
TL+ Member
Mensol
Profile Joined September 2012
14536 Posts
December 16 2015 14:38 GMT
#13217
Xian streaming *.*
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, how are your enemies supposed to know what the fuck you are doing. - imaqtpie on NA teams at Worlds.
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-16 18:16:39
December 16 2015 14:52 GMT
#13218
I think a new thread is in order when SFV comes out, seeing as that game will probably get Capcom's full support. Most (all) players will switch over and SFIV will become something for side tournaments or something like that. To consolidate info for both games in one thread would result in a mess IMO.

Maybe we can put some of SFIV's most memorable sets/games in the new thread or something like that but I wouldn't do any more. Also, as St3mor said, it would be nice to have a clean thread to include new players.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
December 16 2015 16:15 GMT
#13219
I vote for a new SFV specific thread as well. The differences in the game are quite large and I think useful information for SFV should have its own section.

Side note, was anyone able to play last night? I kept getting the 20003 error or whatever it was and never got in. :{
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
December 16 2015 18:31 GMT
#13220
Nope was not able to play either I got the same error. I was so pumped also haha. I guess its ok since beta will be starting this weekend.
It is what it is
Prev 1 659 660 661 662 663 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 471
Hyuk 309
910 147
Dewaltoss 70
Killer 37
ZergMaN 32
Bale 26
NotJumperer 25
yabsab 17
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe127
League of Legends
JimRising 491
Counter-Strike
olofmeister647
ceh9524
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1770
Khaldor385
Other Games
singsing867
Happy454
WinterStarcraft410
Sick227
Livibee190
Mew2King175
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream309
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH95
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2314
League of Legends
• Stunt525
• Jankos409
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 46m
Stellar Fest
4h 46m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.