• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:58
CEST 14:58
KST 21:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7520 users

{ Ng5 } - Chess - Main Thread

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 04:59:29
February 13 2011 03:02 GMT
#1
Day 1 - The Beginning of a Journey

Okay my nerds.

It's been a while and I would have preferred to stream more. Even though I don't play as often (in fact I never did) this is getting hilarious. My internet connection has been awful, and I'm considering getting Housing pay for my cable, since it's not my fault the WiFi that's supposed to be in the price isn't working.

Anyway. This plan has been a long time in the making, so let me map it out for you.

What I wanted ever since mid-last semester is making my appearance on on TL's pages a little more regular. I was contemplating between a weekly - or at least bi-weekly - stream.
The problem is; I can't really promise to keep up to that with my current connection. And for about months now I haven't been able to figure out a more stable streaming medium than LiveStream. That shit just won't cut it anymore.
My idea was - why not make posts or videos, get them uploaded and linked here?

My plan is to keep this page as my major thread - I'll have links to my streaming threads, and any other goodies I might have. Gathering all the links together would also open up the chance to keep each stream or 'lecture' in a separate thread where you could all ask questions - without getting everything too messed up (yes I am maniacally tidying and organizing my stuff when I let myself think too much).

To do this I will probably reserve a couple of posts at the start of this thread to keep the rest going.

What I can't promise is that each issue would be several hours long and very serious and equally racked up with material. What I can promise, though, is that I can make something up each time - even if I'm home with my parents, all over the world, or am not able to give a proper stream. Heck I can't even promise to make it really regular - but I hope to do so.

For this I would like material. One of the first few posts I'll keep for ideas, where I will list everything in plan - and you could add up all your ideas and stuff you would like to hear about. If I personally don't know enough on the topic to feel I could give a solid run-through, I will do some research on my own and post what I came up with.

These material could be anything, from analyzing a couple of interesting games - either one of my own, or yours, or just a game that caught my eyes - to ranting about psychology or a book review. I'm mostly open to any and every suggestions.

I wanted the first project to be the revamp and posting of my chess marathon stream, but I'm still unable to do it - and since it was at the end of all my exams and a tiring week it wasn't as good as I planned.

Stay tuned though - the first real issue of my chess posting is coming right up tonight. Just give me a little time to present it to you!

PS: I will probably stream some of my gaming, though I don't play all that much anymore lately. I'll fire up a separate thread for it. The general interest will be much less - but there'd always been a few people watching even when I played random stuff before.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 04:58:32
February 13 2011 03:02 GMT
#2
Day 1 - The Beginning of a Journey
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
February 13 2011 03:02 GMT
#3
Post reserved for plans.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-02 01:51:28
February 13 2011 03:02 GMT
#4
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 03:07:07
February 13 2011 03:05 GMT
#5
This is amazing!~

I watched like all of your big marathon stream. I'm getting back into chess and I'll come up with some topics in a bit that might be cool to hear you talk about.
DarkGeneral
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Canada328 Posts
February 13 2011 03:21 GMT
#6
Im interested, wana get better at chess
"Everybody gotta die some time, righ'?" - Wraith Pilot
Trollhammer
Profile Joined February 2011
Singapore94 Posts
February 13 2011 03:23 GMT
#7
Looks promising. Eagerly awaiting more stuff.
After spider mines were all executed as traitors, someone strapped a firebat to a vulture and called it a hellion. - Ribbon
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
February 13 2011 03:37 GMT
#8
You make me wish I played chess. :p
Administrator
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
February 13 2011 03:40 GMT
#9
Excellent! I think this is a better format, because people can review it later with greater ease.

Looking forward to it! :D
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
mapignon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States23 Posts
February 13 2011 04:03 GMT
#10
Sweet! The marathon was awesome. Can't wait to see how this is gonna work out!
TwilightStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States649 Posts
February 13 2011 04:33 GMT
#11
Ng5 is such a brilliant chess player, always a pleasure watching his games.
(5)Twilight Star.scx --------- AdmiralHoth: There was one week when I didn't shave for a month.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
February 13 2011 04:45 GMT
#12
Gonna play in my first tournament in a year in April. Don't really wanna study, though. Hopefully I don't get trashed and fall below 2200. -_-;
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 05:02:30
February 13 2011 04:59 GMT
#13
Bump. Made my first post. Link in the post right after the OP in this thread. Will edit OP as well to have it on top until people aren't more familiar with this.

Edit: Should be obvious that any and all feedback is welcome. Either in the threads or in PM.
hmsrenown
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 05:09:47
February 13 2011 05:08 GMT
#14
As a devoted pirc player I giggle at most Ng5 plays. I hate Austrian attack though.

It's nice to see chess threads here, I heart chess, and of course, Blitz.
DerNebel
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark648 Posts
February 13 2011 10:24 GMT
#15
This is great. You're marathon was awesome, even though I only caught an hour of it. It will be great to see more!
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
February 13 2011 12:10 GMT
#16
I get chess yesterday so im ready to play even in school :D teach me ! take your time, im waiting
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
February 19 2011 01:11 GMT
#17
I had an great game today. 29 moves of pure awesomeness.

I'll either analyse that for the next issue or do something that you guys asked me in particular.

After being fed up with free college wifi I'm ordering DSL. Should be getting the modem before next Friday.
goldrush
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Canada709 Posts
February 19 2011 01:26 GMT
#18
I don't know if you're a serious classical player, but I'd like to hear about how you build a serious opening repertoire. Openings don't mean that much at the 2000 level, but at the same time, it's the one part of the game that I can control. There's nothing worse than entering a game, seeing a move for the first time (especially in a dynamic position) and then suffering for the rest of the game without any counterplay.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-25 04:12:50
February 25 2011 04:12 GMT
#19
I won't be able to stream this weekend, but I'll post another good game analysis if I can find one.

Or maybe I can play another good game tomorrow afternoon if the internet-gods are with me. (I know, I know: that sentence is bad in several sense. Don't argue with me, you know who you are.)

I'll get my DSL on Monday, so here's hoping the next issue will include videos.

Peace,
Me

Edit: So all in all stay tuned for the second issue upcoming sometimes this weekend.
Dr. Von Derful
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States363 Posts
February 25 2011 04:20 GMT
#20
On February 25 2011 13:12 Ng5 wrote:
I won't be able to stream this weekend, but I'll post another good game analysis if I can find one.

Or maybe I can play another good game tomorrow afternoon if the internet-gods are with me. (I know, I know: that sentence is bad in several sense. Don't argue with me, you know who you are.)

I'll get my DSL on Monday, so here's hoping the next issue will include videos.

Peace,
Me

Edit: So all in all stay tuned for the second issue upcoming sometimes this weekend.


Awesome! I'm sad that I wasn't aware of this when it was first posted.

Your first post was absolutely splendid and I am looking forward to your next.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 566
Railgan 52
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68339
Calm 11648
Rain 2382
Bisu 1722
FanTaSy 819
Shuttle 606
Stork 573
soO 454
Rush 338
Soma 237
[ Show more ]
firebathero 232
Snow 208
Last 175
Light 114
Mind 97
Pusan 72
Sea.KH 64
hero 58
Sharp 54
ToSsGirL 44
Free 42
Bale 39
Trap 35
Mong 28
Hm[arnc] 25
Aegong 23
zelot 20
Sexy 15
Noble 15
HiyA 14
yabsab 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Terrorterran 2
Icarus 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8519
Dendi787
Counter-Strike
fl0m2769
byalli1055
x6flipin269
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Other Games
gofns35528
singsing2200
B2W.Neo591
Pyrionflax251
Hui .52
Trikslyr33
Chillindude15
Liquid`RaSZi15
Beastyqt8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
• Dystopia_ 5
• Response 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV469
League of Legends
• Jankos3046
• Nemesis2806
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1262
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 2m
OSC
10h 2m
Replay Cast
10h 2m
OSC
23h 2m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.