• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:39
CEST 09:39
KST 16:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7398 users

10000: [Guide] Tetris Ultra ST Stacking - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
HollowLord
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3862 Posts
December 08 2010 19:13 GMT
#41
Happy Birthday and awesome 10,000th post. I love me some Tetris.
dota 2 stream #noskill #feed #noob twitch.tv/dmcredgrave
WarChimp
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia943 Posts
December 08 2010 19:19 GMT
#42
That is an amazing guide and it actually helped me to learn the ST setup
Thanks buddy
Plus congrats on your 10000th post, it was a really awesome post
s.a.y
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Croatia3840 Posts
December 08 2010 19:22 GMT
#43
I actually started to mass game tetrisfriends once i saw that a TL.net user is ranked first in Ultra.

I play mostly sprint, trying to get under 1:00:00

Currently i am at 1:11

Thanks for the post, will read all of it
I am not good with quotes
Eti307
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Canada3442 Posts
December 08 2010 19:26 GMT
#44
wow I must learn how to do this
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
December 08 2010 19:34 GMT
#45
Very well written. Explanatory, Informative, and Exciting! I actually went to a the tetrisfriends site and played a few games before realizing that I'm awful at it.

Also, I read the whole post 2 gold stars for me
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
December 08 2010 19:47 GMT
#46
Haven't finished reading it yet but I think its worth mentioning... When I was learning the formation for ultra I found a video and it was like, flamewheel is amazing at tetris or smt. And I was like holy crap thats flamewheel from tl! I'm ceiling at ~35000 now, maybe this guide will help me break it!

On December 09 2010 04:22 s.a.y wrote:
I actually started to mass game tetrisfriends once i saw that a TL.net user is ranked first in Ultra.

I play mostly sprint, trying to get under 1:00:00

Currently i am at 1:11

Thanks for the post, will read all of it

Me too! Currently at 1:13
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
December 08 2010 20:18 GMT
#47
Congrats on 10k! I read the whole thing. I think it will make a lot more sense if I actually play it. I got lost on the colors since I don't have an ingrained association with color and shape like I'm sure you do.

Still an awesome guide though. I usually prefer surviving as long as possible only making tetrises over getting a ridiculous high score.
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12815 Posts
December 08 2010 20:25 GMT
#48
my brain just exploded from reading...
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
Nactive
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium45 Posts
December 08 2010 20:30 GMT
#49
This is a tetrinet rip off ;(
Noital
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland27 Posts
December 08 2010 20:34 GMT
#50
mind=blown
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-08 20:37:04
December 08 2010 20:34 GMT
#51
By the way. We can use CSS now in our posts?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Wings
Profile Joined January 2010
United States999 Posts
December 08 2010 20:35 GMT
#52
CONGRATS ON 10K!!!!

and uh, Tetris now looks way too hard for me lol... I'm never going to boast that I'm good at it again lollll
The probability of Kim Carrier getting all those predictions wrong is similar to the probability Flash loses a TvT. Kim Carrier MUST BE a genius. His only big mistake... STORK.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
December 08 2010 20:41 GMT
#53
Happy birthday and congrats on your 10k framewheer :3
Moderator<:3-/-<
HawaiianPig
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada5155 Posts
December 08 2010 21:04 GMT
#54
Did anyone else click this expecting to see some Tetris style Ultralisk stacking?

This turned out to be far more educational than I signed up for.

'grats flamewheel on 10k
AdministratorNot actually Hawaiian.
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
December 08 2010 21:13 GMT
#55
On December 09 2010 06:04 HawaiianPig wrote:
Did anyone else click this expecting to see some Tetris style Ultralisk stacking?

This turned out to be far more educational than I signed up for.

'grats flamewheel on 10k


Nobody else thought that, sorry.

This is a very cool guide. I read most of it and I think I get the gist of it. Now to put it into practice.
Chains none
kerr0r
Profile Joined September 2008
Norway319 Posts
December 08 2010 21:41 GMT
#56
I just tried this stuff now and MAN that's a lot of stuff to remember. But now I know the code. Happy 10k and happy birthday flamewheel!
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
December 08 2010 21:49 GMT
#57
Happy 10,000 flame Thanks for being the first person to make me feel welcome here, too.
SUNSFANNED
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
December 08 2010 22:04 GMT
#58
Jesus Christ this is amazing XD
Moderator
MK4512
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada938 Posts
December 08 2010 22:52 GMT
#59
Holy crap! Great post, even though I'm only 1/3 through it XD
Chill: "Please let us know when you will be streaming yourself eating a hat so I can put it on the calendar. Thanks."
Simplistik
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
2173 Posts
December 08 2010 22:55 GMT
#60
I read the entire post, although I haven't played tetris for years and probably won't ever play tetris again. It was strangely captivating.
Dear BW Gods, it IS now autumn, so...
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1001
910 725
ggaemo 692
actioN 610
Mong 318
Shuttle 104
Dewaltoss 96
Leta 85
Yoon 76
soO 39
[ Show more ]
yabsab 32
Hm[arnc] 29
Bale 24
Noble 14
Aegong 12
Dota 2
Fuzer 84
League of Legends
JimRising 551
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss229
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor856
Other Games
summit1g8925
olofmeister699
ceh9533
Happy266
PiGStarcraft253
Mew2King112
ArmadaUGS42
trigger10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2332
League of Legends
• Rush1180
• Stunt437
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 21m
OSC
14h 21m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.