• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:52
CEST 00:52
KST 07:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10634 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 581

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 579 580 581 582 583 665 Next
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 28 2014 20:48 GMT
#11601
On November 28 2014 16:04 MCMcEmcee wrote:
ugh every deck in this Standard format feels like a pile of crap on the draw
if only any deck stuck out as not-garbage for this GP


UB is perfectly fine on the draw depending on the meta.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
November 28 2014 21:20 GMT
#11602
You guys already in San Antonio? I'm seeing if it's even worth going to the LGS tonight.
@MC
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
November 28 2014 21:57 GMT
#11603
On November 29 2014 05:48 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2014 16:04 MCMcEmcee wrote:
ugh every deck in this Standard format feels like a pile of crap on the draw
if only any deck stuck out as not-garbage for this GP


UB is perfectly fine on the draw depending on the meta.


Disagree, its very different on the play and draw. There's a reason why I added Nullifies and Ulcerates to that deck and also why I tried to max the discard spell; I needed to steal tempo from the match ups where tempo is king, every mid range deck. Just from playing the deck (no actual stats), I would say I get to turn 4 Dig on the play far more consistently than having to respond on turn 4 and never really getting to cast Dig until much later (usually 6). I am far more likely to turn 4 Vault if nothing is going on than turn 4 Dig on the draw. More than anything, turns 1-3 relies on how many tap lands I tend to draw.
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 28 2014 22:49 GMT
#11604
I really wanted to go to SA, but finals start Monday.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 29 2014 05:23 GMT
#11605
On November 29 2014 06:20 Cixah wrote:
You guys already in San Antonio? I'm seeing if it's even worth going to the LGS tonight.
@MC

A bit late to reply but yeah most of us are in SA. Need to decide which deck to play lol
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 30 2014 05:43 GMT
#11606
Ugh this GP was one of the most poorly run events I've ever been to. That's San Antonio for you I guess.
No byes, died at 2-3. Lost the die roll three times, won one of those but got mana screwed against ur ensoul artifact having t1 ornithopter t2 ensoul all 3 games to get knocked out. Incidentally the players' meeting was at ~9:30-40 (30-40 minutes late) and I died in r5 at like 6:30pm.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
November 30 2014 05:51 GMT
#11607
On November 30 2014 14:43 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Ugh this GP was one of the most poorly run events I've ever been to. That's San Antonio for you I guess.
No byes, died at 2-3. Lost the die roll three times, won one of those but got mana screwed against ur ensoul artifact having t1 ornithopter t2 ensoul all 3 games to get knocked out. Incidentally the players' meeting was at ~9:30-40 (30-40 minutes late) and I died in r5 at like 6:30pm.


How awful. Kinda glad I didn't go then.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 30 2014 06:00 GMT
#11608
I probably would have enjoyed it a bit more if I could ever draw a 4th land in my 36 mana source deck.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
November 30 2014 06:04 GMT
#11609
Atleast your brother didn't get you car impounded on thanksgiving? Haha, did anyone else run hot or did everyone bust?
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-30 06:07:54
November 30 2014 06:05 GMT
#11610
Everybody else had byes and also got to cast their spells so a bunch of houston people day 2'd. DT managed to come to San Antonio a day early and still not register on time lol
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-30 07:50:55
November 30 2014 07:40 GMT
#11611
On November 29 2014 06:57 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2014 05:48 Shotcoder wrote:
On November 28 2014 16:04 MCMcEmcee wrote:
ugh every deck in this Standard format feels like a pile of crap on the draw
if only any deck stuck out as not-garbage for this GP


UB is perfectly fine on the draw depending on the meta.


Disagree, its very different on the play and draw. There's a reason why I added Nullifies and Ulcerates to that deck and also why I tried to max the discard spell; I needed to steal tempo from the match ups where tempo is king, every mid range deck. Just from playing the deck (no actual stats), I would say I get to turn 4 Dig on the play far more consistently than having to respond on turn 4 and never really getting to cast Dig until much later (usually 6). I am far more likely to turn 4 Vault if nothing is going on than turn 4 Dig on the draw. More than anything, turns 1-3 relies on how many tap lands I tend to draw.


Like I said it relies on the meta. If I was in a meta full of Mono Green, GB Devotion, Abzan or Mardu Midrange, I wouldn't be upset with the draw. Now if it was a Mardu Aggro or UW Heroic Meta I would much prefer the play as you can answer them as theyre tapped out depending on your lands of course.

Edit: I use those 4 decks because they seem more relevant and people arent playing UB/UW/Esper as much as they probably should.

Edit2: One of the most annoying things about playing control is watching you opponent hit their land drops perfectly up to 6, and you miss land drops on turn 4, 5, 7, 9, and 10 when you play 27 and they play 23. I actually think the worst part is that the game still feels winnable even when they curve out perfectly that way and the only thing holding you back is the fact you missed those land drops. UB is so strong but it definite just raw ass a lot of the time. I played 2 divination and 2 Nullify but I think I'm putting my aetherspouts back in the deck and maybe the Silence the Believers too.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-01 20:35:58
December 01 2014 20:35 GMT
#11612
Walgreens has Buy One Get One Free on all MTG cards. Each store seems to have different products but I've found 2015 Core packs, Khan packs, various starter decks, and some Commander boxes. Walmart will price match BOGO, too, so you could also pick up some more variety there (assuming your Walmart manager isn't a dick, like mine is, and refuses to honor their price match policy).

Valid through this weekend but they will probably be sold out by tonight. Comes out to $2/pack.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
December 02 2014 09:44 GMT
#11613
World Magic Cup has started for those interested.


http://www.twitch.tv/magic
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-02 14:24:47
December 02 2014 12:03 GMT
#11614
That's hilarious. Ivan Floch wanted to draft storm, but didn't get any actual finishers for the deck (zero brainfreeze, tendrils, etc.), so he's playing a weird storm/turbofog deck with his only win condition being Palinchron, Krosan Tusker and Elvish Abberation beatdown. :D He loses game 1 awfully to Ichikawa, turn 2 starts and Floch curves Wild Mongrel into Simian Grunts into Killer Whale and wins easily. Like... what? Why does he not maindeck that stuff?

This is his maindeck:
[image loading]

e: He went 2-1 with that pile of a deck. And the one match he lost was a pretty close-ish 1-2 loss. What a guy. :D
super gg
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
December 04 2014 12:13 GMT
#11615
So. Scapeshift, Delver, or the new Ascendancy combo deck for GP Milan ? Shit's hard
The legend of Darien lives on
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
December 04 2014 13:03 GMT
#11616
On December 04 2014 21:13 mr_tolkien wrote:
So. Scapeshift, Delver, or the new Ascendancy combo deck for GP Milan ? Shit's hard


Play Yard Hate, acquire wins.

I think there are quite a few people going to be on Ascendancy. Thoughtsieze decks might not be the worst either.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Mikau
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands1446 Posts
December 04 2014 14:23 GMT
#11617
Right, so I was planning on going to my first FNM this week. It's standard, but I'm not completely sure if I made my deck before or after the current Standard cut off. What's the easiest way to check? I could check the card icons but with them sometimes releasing cards from old sets in new sets I'm not sure that's fool proof.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 04 2014 14:31 GMT
#11618
On December 04 2014 23:23 Mikau wrote:
Right, so I was planning on going to my first FNM this week. It's standard, but I'm not completely sure if I made my deck before or after the current Standard cut off. What's the easiest way to check? I could check the card icons but with them sometimes releasing cards from old sets in new sets I'm not sure that's fool proof.

I use http://deckstats.net/ when I'm making decks on Cockatrice as it's built-in and it will check what formats it's legal in. I think almost every online deckbuilder website will have the check function.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Mikau
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands1446 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-04 14:39:22
December 04 2014 14:39 GMT
#11619
On December 04 2014 23:31 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 23:23 Mikau wrote:
Right, so I was planning on going to my first FNM this week. It's standard, but I'm not completely sure if I made my deck before or after the current Standard cut off. What's the easiest way to check? I could check the card icons but with them sometimes releasing cards from old sets in new sets I'm not sure that's fool proof.

I use http://deckstats.net/ when I'm making decks on Cockatrice as it's built-in and it will check what formats it's legal in. I think almost every online deckbuilder website will have the check function.

Thanks.

Apparently pretty much none of my cards are Standard legal. So either I wait for a Draft/Modern FNM to come up, or I try my luck with one of those starter/'noob' decks they sell. I don't really care about losing (or even getting destroyed), because that will likely happen even if I play with a top tier deck because I literally have 5 games worth of M:tG experience. I just want to get some experience under my belt and hopefully meet some fun new people.
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
December 04 2014 14:48 GMT
#11620
On December 04 2014 23:39 Mikau wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 23:31 mordek wrote:
On December 04 2014 23:23 Mikau wrote:
Right, so I was planning on going to my first FNM this week. It's standard, but I'm not completely sure if I made my deck before or after the current Standard cut off. What's the easiest way to check? I could check the card icons but with them sometimes releasing cards from old sets in new sets I'm not sure that's fool proof.

I use http://deckstats.net/ when I'm making decks on Cockatrice as it's built-in and it will check what formats it's legal in. I think almost every online deckbuilder website will have the check function.

Thanks.

Apparently pretty much none of my cards are Standard legal. So either I wait for a Draft/Modern FNM to come up, or I try my luck with one of those starter/'noob' decks they sell. I don't really care about losing (or even getting destroyed), because that will likely happen even if I play with a top tier deck because I literally have 5 games worth of M:tG experience. I just want to get some experience under my belt and hopefully meet some fun new people.


Whereabouts do you live? You can always ask people in your local community, possibly someone will have a spare deck that you can use.
Go big, or go home!
Prev 1 579 580 581 582 583 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 139
SpeCial 125
Vindicta 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11446
Artosis 547
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3954
JimRising 581
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox698
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4687
Khaldor956
Liquid`Hasu942
Other Games
summit1g7410
shahzam555
FrodaN118
ArmadaUGS94
NeuroSwarm71
Mew2King58
ViBE56
JuggernautJason37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream81
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 26
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie819
• Scarra443
• Shiphtur195
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 8m
Stellar Fest
14h 8m
OSC
23h 8m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.