• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:59
CEST 13:59
KST 20:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7612 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 440

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 438 439 440 441 442 665 Next
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-30 21:37:47
August 30 2013 21:37 GMT
#8781
On August 31 2013 06:29 MoonBear wrote:
That wording suggests you could Gift something your opponent controls to steal it. Hm.


How? It says to return it under it's owner's control. There's no way you could go around that.

EDIT: The exception being something that they already stole, but yeah, not likely.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
August 30 2013 21:39 GMT
#8782
Oh I misread. I thought it said "your control". Nevermind then haha.

Hm. I can see it working in Domain Aggro 5C Geist maybe. Actually, that would be disgusting in that. Sheesh.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24799 Posts
August 31 2013 02:49 GMT
#8783
I did a draft at FNM and first picked a Garruk. I ended up going mono green (although I almost went GR):

Creatures: 14
Advocate of the Beast x2
Kalonian Tusker x2
Rumbling Baloth x2
Rootwalla x2
Giant Spider
Sporemound
Elvish Mystic x2
Deadly Recluse
Predatory Sliver

Planeswalkers: 1
Garruk, Caller of Beasts

Artifacts: 2
Staff of the Wild Magus
Fireshrieker

Sorceries: 3
Hunt the Weak
Enlarge
Howl of the Night Pack

Instants: 4
Giant Growth
Naturalize
Ranger's Guile
Windstorm

Lands: 16 forests so total=40

Sideboard: One more hunt the weak which I could swap in for the windstorm if there are no fliers or Naturalize if there are no artifacts/enchantments

I went 3-1 and finished in third place. In the match I lost I got mana screwed all three games lol. I had enough small creatures early in game 2 that I was able to grab a win with only 4 lands by turn 8 or so. The person I lost to had a pure flier deck pretty much.

I didn't play my Garruk all night (only saw it in my hand once, about 5 seconds before I lost a game). I never saw enlarge or hunt the weak either.

It was a fun deck to play!
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-31 03:22:37
August 31 2013 03:21 GMT
#8784
The deck looks really good, but don't play Staff of the Wild Magus, lifegain isn't worth it. Might've been good to play a second color for removal, even if it's just like 2x Time Ebb, that really gives green decks a new dimension. The Windstorm is good maindeck though since it deals with a lot of the format's bombs.

Edit: Oh also wanted to point out, I don't think Fireshrieker is usually playable, but I like it in this deck because you have an easy curve and not a lot of ways to push through. It's still somewhat borderline though.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
August 31 2013 05:26 GMT
#8785
Yea my trip to Cincy just got shot down. I'm sitting at work and have a 4-5 hour run before I can leave and it takes 4 hours to get there. I love my job.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-31 15:07:46
August 31 2013 08:24 GMT
#8786
That sucks, sorry to hear it.

edit. this was my first 4 pack m14 sealed tourny. I don't think I pulled any amazing bombs, but this is what I made. Only open and comment if you are really bored.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I saw sengir and water servant and decided to go those two, with enlarge making me want to go three colours. I dont need two fireshriekers I am sure, but I am worried about how to finish my opponent. I have a bit of removal and mana fixing for the three colours, and while goblin diplomats is a good card, the rest of my red sucks. Will update if I sideboard. Thoughts?

edit - o so apparently 4 pack sealed is only 30 card decks. awesome. glad I know that now.
ModeratorGodfather
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-01 03:01:39
September 01 2013 02:55 GMT
#8787
Elspeth pic released. Too bad she's not particularly playable in Eternal...

+ Show Spoiler [Elspeth, Sun's Champion] +
[image loading]
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-01 03:35:45
September 01 2013 03:34 GMT
#8788
On September 01 2013 11:55 MoonBear wrote:
Elspeth pic released. Too bad she's not particularly playable in Eternal...

+ Show Spoiler [Elspeth, Sun's Champion] +
[image loading]


And for those who can't look at pictures, spoiler box has a typed out version of her abilities.

+ Show Spoiler +
Elspeth, Sun's Champion
4WW
Planeswalker, 4 starting loyalty
+1: Put three 1/1 white soldier tokens onto the battlefield.
-3: Destroy all creatures with power 4 or greater.
-7: You get an emblem with, "Creatures you control get +2/+2 and have flying."


To be completely honest, she doesn't even seem that good outside of being a 6 mana "selective" board wipe spell with the possibility of sticking around afterwards. And 6 cmc means she is never going to see play in Modern, Legacy, or Vintage.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
September 01 2013 04:17 GMT
#8789
Elspeth, knight-errant is another big reason why this elspeth won't see eternal play :p
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
September 01 2013 05:11 GMT
#8790
Steep cost, powerful +1, having trouble seeing her ultimate match up to others' power-wise but it is stackable which is nice. It's different in terms of cost structure at least. :-\
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
September 01 2013 05:17 GMT
#8791
Not a bad finisher, not sure how you are suppose to fit her in any deck though. This card feels like it should have been 5 cmc with less starting loyalty, maybe that was too good in the UW shell, play Jace, then this, and its like have with that. Meh.
Get it by your hands...
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
September 01 2013 07:26 GMT
#8792
She is certainly powerful, you can't say you're getting a bad deal for your mana.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
September 01 2013 07:32 GMT
#8793
Goddam she's strong, so expensive though. Granted, I've only been playing since post scars rotation, but I can't imagine a non-green (aka tons of ramp) planeswalker seeing play. God she looks amazing though.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
FireSA
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia555 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-01 08:17:16
September 01 2013 08:14 GMT
#8794
Mm I think at 5 with one less loyalty she'd be awesome. Still heaps of stuff to be spoiled, so eh, will see.

EDIT: On a separate note, drafting M14 makes me so angry atm...rng is just ridiculous. Played v a guy who opened TWO GARRUK AND A KALONIAN HYDRA. Da fk. And then the number of times I mull to 5 with a two colour deck is just silly..and then never curve out right. Just a bad day, I think, but it is pretty frustrating.
Mowr
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden791 Posts
September 01 2013 09:02 GMT
#8795
On September 01 2013 17:14 FireSA wrote:


EDIT: On a separate note, drafting M14 makes me so angry atm...rng is just ridiculous. Played v a guy who opened TWO GARRUK AND A KALONIAN HYDRA. Da fk. And then the number of times I mull to 5 with a two colour deck is just silly..and then never curve out right. Just a bad day, I think, but it is pretty frustrating.

That is why I draft DGR.
Kill one man and they'll call you a murderer. Kill an army of men and they'll call you a general. But kill all men and they'll call you a god.
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-01 10:00:03
September 01 2013 09:57 GMT
#8796
On September 01 2013 14:17 Judicator wrote:
Not a bad finisher, not sure how you are suppose to fit her in any deck though. This card feels like it should have been 5 cmc with less starting loyalty, maybe that was too good in the UW shell, play Jace, then this, and its like have with that. Meh.


Even if she was 5 cmc with those same abilites and 1 less loyalty, pretty sure you'd pay 5 mana to selectively wipe out the things that could kill Jace, or put up a gigantic wall of chump blockers so you could keep him around for longer with his +1.

I mean, she's a powerful Limited card, but I'm having trouble seeing her used outside of it. Like none of the current decks that use white would want her outside of the Elfball deck as a 1 or 2-of, to put a bajillion 1/1s on the field, so you can go Hoofing for a bajillion damage next turn. But Hoof rotates, along with most of the Elfball deck. Garruk's 6 cmc is justified because he "cheats" green fatties into play, and if you build your deck with his +1 in mind, you will generally go, "+1, draw 3 cards."
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 01 2013 10:28 GMT
#8797
On September 01 2013 18:02 Mowr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2013 17:14 FireSA wrote:


EDIT: On a separate note, drafting M14 makes me so angry atm...rng is just ridiculous. Played v a guy who opened TWO GARRUK AND A KALONIAN HYDRA. Da fk. And then the number of times I mull to 5 with a two colour deck is just silly..and then never curve out right. Just a bad day, I think, but it is pretty frustrating.

That is why I draft DGR.


To be fair, DGR is one of the most luck-intensive draft formats in history, as far as the actual drafting goes. You usually have one pack to nail your colors, and if you miss in that pack, your deck is unplayable. Reading signals is really important, so there's a lot of skill too, but still.

The new Elspeth seems alright. I feel like they're doing a much better job of balancing planeswalkers now. My only gripe is that the ultimate does nothing, but maybe a game-winning ult would be too powerful. I'd be happier if it at least gave lifelink or vigilance so you could stabilize with the tokens against random haste/burn.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Pull
Profile Joined April 2010
United States308 Posts
September 01 2013 16:14 GMT
#8798
Well I went 8-2 at the SCG open finishing 10th place. Almost got there but good for my first open!

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/deckshow.php?&start_date=2013-09-01&end_date=2013-09-01&event_ID=19&city=Cincinnati&state=OH&t_num=1&limit=8&start_num=8&limit=8

Co-Creator of the FRB Grand Tournament...Check out my epic commentaries at YouTube.com/pullsc and twitch.tv/pullsc ESPORTS FIGHTING!
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
September 01 2013 17:06 GMT
#8799
when is cathedral boarded in?
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
September 01 2013 17:33 GMT
#8800
On September 02 2013 02:06 EMIYA wrote:
when is cathedral boarded in?


probably against control decks, your bringing in those high cc cards looks like, and then the exalted pumps up your solo attackers, since your not over extended vs wrath effects and you need too be able too apply pressure despite all of their removal.

This is just me guessing though.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Prev 1 438 439 440 441 442 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 912
WardiTV408
OGKoka 196
Rex135
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko371
mouzHeroMarine 303
OGKoka 196
Rex 135
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2646
Horang2 1418
Larva 1220
EffOrt 922
BeSt 634
Soma 413
Hyuk 339
Mini 282
Stork 197
ZerO 190
[ Show more ]
Light 177
Rush 171
ggaemo 139
Zeus 130
Barracks 115
Killer 90
Hyun 88
Sea.KH 38
Shinee 35
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 31
Mong 26
sorry 23
Aegong 20
soO 19
PianO 19
Sacsri 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
zelot 11
Sexy 10
HiyA 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi1425
BananaSlamJamma164
League of Legends
KnowMe33
Counter-Strike
byalli772
x6flipin413
Other Games
singsing2157
olofmeister1589
crisheroes265
XaKoH 264
Sick222
Pyrionflax187
B2W.Neo180
ArmadaUGS70
Mew2King45
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream525
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1698
Other Games
• WagamamaTV229
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 1m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.