• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:42
CEST 04:42
KST 11:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8143 users

[Game] XPIRL - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
January 08 2010 00:52 GMT
#61
On January 08 2010 07:49 SonuvBob wrote:
Neat idea. Spotlighted it since it's really easy to miss in S&G with this title. :p

Thanks alot. Hope more people join!
Even people that signed but have forgot about this
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
January 08 2010 01:09 GMT
#62
On January 08 2010 09:15 7mk wrote:
Sign me up!

Mh Personal XP stuff:
I hope these are fine
- Play Iccup - 20xp per hour... cause I'm one of these people who read/post a lot on TL, watch a lot of vods but never play. I really need to motivate myself to get better
- Practice Guitar - 100 XP - It's not a new instrument for me but, I play a lot of guitar without never learning anything, I need to actually sit down on my ass and learn new stuff a lot more than I do atm
- Practice Piano/keyboard 100 XP (havent played it in many years)
- Succeed with my preliminary medical exam - 1000 XP - you know... pretty important if I wanna become a doctor
- Get a weight of 84 kg (80kg atm) - 500 XP



I think you should raise the exp required to gain a lvl up..
with the numbers the way they are I'll probably gain at least 2 levels each day, even without my personal xp points.

Oh I have another Idea
give me -20 xp for every hour I spend in front of the computer
(unless I'm doing some useful stuff like recording/revising or whatever)


I would say 500XP for gaining 4kgs is kinda easy, but I guess it differs from people. Why do you wanto gain weight?
Also, we have a instrument XP gain in the OP already. It will be quite easy to gain levels at the start, but after a while it will take longers. I will add more levels. It's just to get people going.

I would rather give you XP for not spending time on your computer like someone else had.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
January 08 2010 01:35 GMT
#63
On January 08 2010 10:09 ThePhan2m wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2010 09:15 7mk wrote:
Sign me up!

Mh Personal XP stuff:
I hope these are fine
- Play Iccup - 20xp per hour... cause I'm one of these people who read/post a lot on TL, watch a lot of vods but never play. I really need to motivate myself to get better
- Practice Guitar - 100 XP - It's not a new instrument for me but, I play a lot of guitar without never learning anything, I need to actually sit down on my ass and learn new stuff a lot more than I do atm
- Practice Piano/keyboard 100 XP (havent played it in many years)
- Succeed with my preliminary medical exam - 1000 XP - you know... pretty important if I wanna become a doctor
- Get a weight of 84 kg (80kg atm) - 500 XP



I think you should raise the exp required to gain a lvl up..
with the numbers the way they are I'll probably gain at least 2 levels each day, even without my personal xp points.

Oh I have another Idea
give me -20 xp for every hour I spend in front of the computer
(unless I'm doing some useful stuff like recording/revising or whatever)


I would say 500XP for gaining 4kgs is kinda easy, but I guess it differs from people. Why do you wanto gain weight?
Also, we have a instrument XP gain in the OP already. It will be quite easy to gain levels at the start, but after a while it will take longers. I will add more levels. It's just to get people going.

I would rather give you XP for not spending time on your computer like someone else had.


Well in the op I can only see " Learning a new instrument (150XP / hour)"
Since they arent new for me I thought it would be fairer to give me a little less xp / hour.
I really dont think gaining 4 kgs is easy, its way way harder than losing 4kgs in my experience.
Obviously this is (hopefully) mostly gonna be through gaining more muscles, not fat.
Itll probably take at least 2 months, while gaining 500 xp through studying wont even take me a day.
XP for not spending time on my pc? so if I get 10xp for each hour itll be like 220 exp if I spend 2 hours in front of the pc in a day? Mh, punishment would be better instead imho.

Anyways, my character needs to rest now to restore AP ^^ night
beep boop
SpiritWolf
Profile Joined July 2008
United States127 Posts
January 08 2010 02:18 GMT
#64
I decided i would start the grind by getting everything clean.

today:
cleaned my room 300xp
did laundry 30exp
cleaned the dishes 60exp
Total: 390xp
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
January 08 2010 03:05 GMT
#65
Most of the recommended 'health' activities aren't actually healthy, btw.

Drinking 2 litres of water a day and cutting out fat from your diet aren't actually good ideas. Just fyi.
Shatter
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1401 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 03:32:56
January 08 2010 03:32 GMT
#66
On January 08 2010 12:05 jtype wrote:
Most of the recommended 'health' activities aren't actually healthy, btw.

Drinking 2 litres of water a day and cutting out fat from your diet aren't actually good ideas. Just fyi.
Breathing air is also an unhealthy activity. It's full of pollution and harmful toxins. In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure for 90% of people on this site could be healthier with cutting fat from their diet (I'm assuming no one is starving in a third world country and regulars Teamliquid). Also the 2 liters of water thing is a guideline but in general, is a healthy amount to consume and you would notice the effects.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 03:41:04
January 08 2010 03:38 GMT
#67
Fat is an essential part of any diet and cutting it out is harmful. Anyone who believes that eating fat = putting on weight, is sadly misinformed.

edit - Also, 2 litres of water (especially on top of other daily beverages) is actually way more than enough for most people, unless they are performing sports or other vigorous activities. Drinking too much water can actually flush out vital minerals and vitamins from the body.
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
January 08 2010 03:57 GMT
#68
This is awesome. I'm unable to at the moment, but I may join up soon. =)
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 11:13:38
January 08 2010 10:39 GMT
#69
On January 08 2010 12:32 Shatter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2010 12:05 jtype wrote:
Most of the recommended 'health' activities aren't actually healthy, btw.

Drinking 2 litres of water a day and cutting out fat from your diet aren't actually good ideas. Just fyi.
Breathing air is also an unhealthy activity. It's full of pollution and harmful toxins. In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure for 90% of people on this site could be healthier with cutting fat from their diet (I'm assuming no one is starving in a third world country and regulars Teamliquid). Also the 2 liters of water thing is a guideline but in general, is a healthy amount to consume and you would notice the effects.


from wikipedia:
The human body is anywhere from 55% to 78% water depending on body size.[31] To function properly, the body requires between one and seven liters of water per day to avoid dehydration; the precise amount depends on the level of activity, temperature, humidity, and other factors. Most of this is ingested through foods or beverages other than drinking straight water. It is not clear how much water intake is needed by healthy people, though most advocates agree that 6–7 glasses of water (approximately 2 liters) daily is the minimum to maintain proper hydration.[32] Medical literature favors a lower consumption, typically 1 liter of water for an average male, excluding extra requirements due to fluid loss from exercise or warm weather.[33] For those who have healthy kidneys, it is rather difficult to drink too much water, but (especially in warm humid weather and while exercising) it is dangerous to drink too little. People can drink far more water than necessary while exercising, however, putting them at risk of water intoxication (hyperhydration), which can be fatal. The "fact" that a person should consume eight glasses of water per day cannot be traced back to a scientific source.[34] There are other myths such as the effect of water on weight loss and constipation that have been dispelled.[35]
Attritive
Profile Joined December 2009
United States68 Posts
January 08 2010 12:18 GMT
#70
How much XP do I get for pointing out that this is absolutely stupid and pointless?
drinking
Profile Joined December 2008
Philippines281 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 12:43:36
January 08 2010 12:35 GMT
#71
sign me up !

personal xp things
+ Show Spoiler +

Drinking atleast 2 liters of water each day (30XP, 7day bonus 50XP)
Eating min 5 veggies/fruit each day (30XP, 7day bonus 50XP)
Keeping a healthy diet (500XP week)
Gain the ability to do 50 pushups straight (400 XP) (suggested by Lovin)
Get a girlfriend (500XP)


Try not. Do or do not.
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
January 08 2010 13:22 GMT
#72
On January 08 2010 19:39 ThePhan2m wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2010 12:32 Shatter wrote:
On January 08 2010 12:05 jtype wrote:
Most of the recommended 'health' activities aren't actually healthy, btw.

Drinking 2 litres of water a day and cutting out fat from your diet aren't actually good ideas. Just fyi.
Breathing air is also an unhealthy activity. It's full of pollution and harmful toxins. In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure for 90% of people on this site could be healthier with cutting fat from their diet (I'm assuming no one is starving in a third world country and regulars Teamliquid). Also the 2 liters of water thing is a guideline but in general, is a healthy amount to consume and you would notice the effects.


from wikipedia:
Show nested quote +
The human body is anywhere from 55% to 78% water depending on body size.[31] To function properly, the body requires between one and seven liters of water per day to avoid dehydration; the precise amount depends on the level of activity, temperature, humidity, and other factors. Most of this is ingested through foods or beverages other than drinking straight water. It is not clear how much water intake is needed by healthy people, though most advocates agree that 6–7 glasses of water (approximately 2 liters) daily is the minimum to maintain proper hydration.[32] Medical literature favors a lower consumption, typically 1 liter of water for an average male, excluding extra requirements due to fluid loss from exercise or warm weather.[33] For those who have healthy kidneys, it is rather difficult to drink too much water, but (especially in warm humid weather and while exercising) it is dangerous to drink too little. People can drink far more water than necessary while exercising, however, putting them at risk of water intoxication (hyperhydration), which can be fatal. The "fact" that a person should consume eight glasses of water per day cannot be traced back to a scientific source.[34] There are other myths such as the effect of water on weight loss and constipation that have been dispelled.[35]


The "fact" that a person should consume eight glasses of water per day cannot be traced back to a scientific source.[34] There are other myths such as the effect of water on weight loss and constipation that have been dispelled.[35
I
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
January 08 2010 14:16 GMT
#73
On January 08 2010 22:22 Boonbag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2010 19:39 ThePhan2m wrote:
On January 08 2010 12:32 Shatter wrote:
On January 08 2010 12:05 jtype wrote:
Most of the recommended 'health' activities aren't actually healthy, btw.

Drinking 2 litres of water a day and cutting out fat from your diet aren't actually good ideas. Just fyi.
Breathing air is also an unhealthy activity. It's full of pollution and harmful toxins. In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure for 90% of people on this site could be healthier with cutting fat from their diet (I'm assuming no one is starving in a third world country and regulars Teamliquid). Also the 2 liters of water thing is a guideline but in general, is a healthy amount to consume and you would notice the effects.


from wikipedia:
The human body is anywhere from 55% to 78% water depending on body size.[31] To function properly, the body requires between one and seven liters of water per day to avoid dehydration; the precise amount depends on the level of activity, temperature, humidity, and other factors. Most of this is ingested through foods or beverages other than drinking straight water. It is not clear how much water intake is needed by healthy people, though most advocates agree that 6–7 glasses of water (approximately 2 liters) daily is the minimum to maintain proper hydration.[32] Medical literature favors a lower consumption, typically 1 liter of water for an average male, excluding extra requirements due to fluid loss from exercise or warm weather.[33] For those who have healthy kidneys, it is rather difficult to drink too much water, but (especially in warm humid weather and while exercising) it is dangerous to drink too little. People can drink far more water than necessary while exercising, however, putting them at risk of water intoxication (hyperhydration), which can be fatal. The "fact" that a person should consume eight glasses of water per day cannot be traced back to a scientific source.[34] There are other myths such as the effect of water on weight loss and constipation that have been dispelled.[35]


The "fact" that a person should consume eight glasses of water per day cannot be traced back to a scientific source.[34] There are other myths such as the effect of water on weight loss and constipation that have been dispelled.[35
I

Exactly, so there is no harm in doing so as you suggested! As for the "fat" part earlier, there are plenty of healthy fat that can replace unhealthy. That was my point.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
January 08 2010 14:35 GMT
#74
haha neat idea.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
losso
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Bulgaria158 Posts
January 08 2010 21:36 GMT
#75
i've been so lazy lately lol
yesterday and today:
2 liters of water (x2) - 60xp
1 hour of studying - 100xp
1 hour of iccup - 20xp
Lovin
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark812 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-09 01:20:06
January 08 2010 23:21 GMT
#76
Held my breath just a second ago for 3:20... Holy shit........ Man I'm dizzy..... uuuuuugh..... I swear if I make it I'ma... I don't know, but I'ma be happy!

Today: 1 and a half hour of volleyball practice: 150 XP

Edit: I DID IT!!! I FUCKING DID IT!!! 150 MOTHERFUCKING EXP!! I CAN'T FEEL MY HANDS BUT I'M ALIVE!!!1 Argh, and I have nobody but TL to tell it to.. Damn friday nights..

Re-edit: (typos) and also I'd like to correct my goal to 5 minutes now and a score of 200 instead!
AKA SuddenSalad
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
January 09 2010 01:35 GMT
#77
Today I'm claiming
2 liters (30)
Dishes (30)
And spent 4 hours fixing my stupid network problem! Its not on the list, but I ad hoc 150 xp for that. Really, it was a growing experience

So 210 experience
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ilistis
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States828 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-09 04:41:24
January 09 2010 04:01 GMT
#78
5 hours of studying throughout the week, I wish I could count more but stupid aim and facebook.
So that's 500 xp for studying.

I have ran so far 4 times this week which includes today. The first three days I ran 4 miles around 30 minutes and 5 miles today around 40 minutes. In total, experience for that is about 170.

I worked four times out doing push ups/crunches/planks so that's 200 xp.

Sadly, I couldn't play my guitar which is just collecting dust or do anything more but I still have tomorrow to make gather more xp.

All xp combined is 870 so I'm level 2. Oh and today is day 4.

Edit: Add 50 more xp for 30 min of guitar playing so that is 900. Now I am level 3.
"The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."-William Faulkner *_*_*_Kolll FAN_*_*_*
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
January 09 2010 18:28 GMT
#79
On January 09 2010 08:21 Lovin wrote:
Held my breath just a second ago for 3:20... Holy shit........ Man I'm dizzy..... uuuuuugh..... I swear if I make it I'ma... I don't know, but I'ma be happy!

Today: 1 and a half hour of volleyball practice: 150 XP

Edit: I DID IT!!! I FUCKING DID IT!!! 150 MOTHERFUCKING EXP!! I CAN'T FEEL MY HANDS BUT I'M ALIVE!!!1 Argh, and I have nobody but TL to tell it to.. Damn friday nights..

Re-edit: (typos) and also I'd like to correct my goal to 5 minutes now and a score of 200 instead!


WOW grats dude!! dont drown yourself then
iNCuBuS_
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States905 Posts
January 09 2010 18:46 GMT
#80
Even though mine is a little different, I guess I can give an update.
Im level 2 with 680 xp as of now, excluding today. I also started a day early, so you can exclude my first day (100 points) and give me 580 if you want.

Sunday (100) - Brushed my teeth once (25), took my pills (25), and hung out with a friend (50)
Monday (125) - Did laundry, including folding (50), took my pill (25) and brushed my teeth twice (50)
Tuesday (105) - I made important calls to doctors and such (30), took my pill (25) and hung out with a friend (50)
Wednesday (100) - Brushed teeth once (25), took my pill (25) and hung out with a friend (50)
Thursday (50) - Brushed teeth once (25), took my pill (25)
Friday (200) - Exercised at the gym for an hour (100), brushed teeth once (25), did laundry (50), and took my pill (25)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft429
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft429
RuFF_SC2 133
Nina 73
-ZergGirl 70
CosmosSc2 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2346
Bale 12
yabsab 9
Terrorterran 2
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto15
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1175
taco 380
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox630
Other Games
summit1g8258
JimRising 667
Day[9].tv494
C9.Mang0386
WinterStarcraft181
ViBE169
Maynarde143
Sick136
Livibee134
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1052
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv494
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 18m
Stellar Fest
10h 18m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.