• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:13
CEST 09:13
KST 16:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10853 users

I Loved Victory (Part One) - Page 3

Forum Index > Final Edits
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
VioleTAK
Profile Joined July 2006
4411 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-27 06:05:28
February 27 2008 05:54 GMT
#41
I love you! AMAZING read! omg thank you so much.
Every fan of Starcraft is a fan of Lim Yo Hwan by association
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
February 27 2008 06:44 GMT
#42
Plexa for president!

That was an awesome read. I haven't been following SC progaming long enough to have witnessed Oov's domination and have only heard about it second hand. Now I know the full story of just how beastly he was during his prime.

Thanks for the write up and can't wait for the next!
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
February 27 2008 07:00 GMT
#43
holy fuck
I just saw the banner

you are amazing
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
MoNKeYSpanKeR
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2869 Posts
February 27 2008 07:00 GMT
#44
Although i never really liked oov, that write up was amazing, and you must admire the changes and innovation inspired by his rivalry's and game play.

As we say goodbye to one of the most influential players of all time, i think this first half the article did a great job. Can't wait for the second half plexa.
<3's Mani and Seraphim, thx for the second chance. TSL Name: TSL-mSLeGenD
Sigrun
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1655 Posts
February 27 2008 07:30 GMT
#45
Awesome write up. Can't wait for the next part!
Graphics
useLess
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4781 Posts
February 27 2008 07:44 GMT
#46
I love that I followed most of his history through tl.net
very touching article
Moonlight Shadow
distant_voice
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Germany2521 Posts
February 27 2008 11:27 GMT
#47
loved it. thanks so much for doing this, it must've taken hours to write something as good as this.
This is my truth, tell me yours!
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
February 27 2008 11:55 GMT
#48
Damn, this one was good!
I'll call Nada.
o3.power91
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bahrain5288 Posts
February 27 2008 13:07 GMT
#49
Thanks for the write up. It was awesome. We'll all miss Oov T_T
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
February 27 2008 13:45 GMT
#50
Words cannot express how awesome this article is.
That's why i love korean starcraft progaming.

Simply amazing.
EvoChamber
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France2505 Posts
February 27 2008 13:53 GMT
#51
I love this article.
That's not awful writing, DAMMIT. It's perfectly sensical english construction.
trollbone
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
France1905 Posts
February 27 2008 15:16 GMT
#52
amazing read

Yesterday i was dreaming that Teamliquid had his own magazine and that such good article like that one would be inside
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
February 27 2008 16:03 GMT
#53
On February 27 2008 14:54 VioleTAK wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vceqR-_ls64


That video is amazing.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
February 27 2008 16:04 GMT
#54
On February 27 2008 07:35 Plexa wrote:It is also said that Oov saw progamers on television and said 'I can do better than that' and decided to go pro.

iloveoov aka ahk-gosu?
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Elsi
Profile Joined October 2002
United Kingdom8173 Posts
February 27 2008 16:13 GMT
#55
love it baby <3
Barbarne
Profile Joined August 2007
Sweden458 Posts
February 27 2008 16:36 GMT
#56
Now everywhere I go they like HOV you back
Up out the corner office out the coldasack
Where's Iceberg Slim he was the coldest cat
Get your swag back daddy where your focus at
Got to admit a little bit I was sick of rap
But despite that the boy is back
And I'm so evolved I'm so involved
I'm showing growth, I'm so in charge
I'm C.E.O. and yeah going god
I'm so indebted, I should have been deaded
Selling blow in the park, this I know in my heart
Now I'm so enlightened I might glow in the dark
I been up in the office you might know him as Clark
But, just when you thought the whole world fell apart
I - take off the blazer loosen up the tie
Step inside the booth Superman is alive

Jay-Z - Kingdom Come


He will come back, but as a coach. Hopefully he will get SKT closer to their legacy and give his team the determination to win again.
dinmsab
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Malaysia2246 Posts
February 27 2008 17:05 GMT
#57
The best article i've read on TL.net ever since I joined. Plexa, no words can describe how awesome you are at writing these things.
..
rinoavn
Profile Joined January 2008
Vietnam47 Posts
February 27 2008 17:27 GMT
#58
Wow , what a great writting .

I want to translate it into VNese and post it in a Vietnamese forum since there are lots of Starcraft fans there but they cannot read English.

I will post it here : http://forum.gamethu.net/forumdisplay.php?f=229

I will write the source where I copy it from, but If you dont want, pls PM me and I will remove it.
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
February 27 2008 18:30 GMT
#59
damn what a nice write up. really really good.
great video violetak.
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
February 27 2008 19:34 GMT
#60
A fitting tribute to a legend. I'm glad Iloveoov is retiring instead of slowly fading away, he'll always be remembered as one of the most influential players starcraft has ever had.
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft725
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 882
ggaemo 427
Stork 319
Leta 206
PianO 103
Larva 52
Hyuk 32
ZergMaN 29
yabsab 23
Bale 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
League of Legends
JimRising 351
Reynor80
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Westballz34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor834
Other Games
summit1g10309
C9.Mang0240
Sick165
PiGStarcraft130
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick602
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Lourlo1101
• Stunt522
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 47m
Online Event
3h 47m
FEL
8h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.