• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:54
CEST 11:54
KST 18:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9336 users

MarineKing Fan Club - Page 504

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 502 503 504 505 506 507 Next
mario1996
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany20 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-30 12:34:23
December 30 2015 12:28 GMT
#10061
why doesnt he stream on twitch? he would have so much more viewers than 200 lol
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
December 30 2015 13:44 GMT
#10062
Okay so basically his TvP strategy is as follow :
CC first into 3 rax into tech into 5rax+medivacs, no wall, stay at base until 5-6 medivacs.
He then has a decently sized bioball, starts to move out, the protoss player smartly waiting for this starts dropping hard adepts in his main (the number depends of the player but the strategy remains the same), MarineKing stims to go into his opponent base ASAP, pylon overcharges and stuff await him but most of the bio survives, his base is shredded but the bio has too much dps and the medivacs enough energy so in the end MarineKing proceeds to win despite the fact that the protosses strategy looks superior?
I don't know if they could not tech to disruptors but I don't see why they even lose games like that.
WriterMaru
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
December 30 2015 14:20 GMT
#10063
On December 30 2015 21:28 mario1996 wrote:
why doesnt he stream on twitch? he would have so much more viewers than 200 lol

Azubu has a sponsorship deal with MVP.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Coypirus
Profile Joined February 2015
119 Posts
December 30 2015 17:39 GMT
#10064
HE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
December 31 2015 13:22 GMT
#10065
On December 30 2015 22:44 Poopi wrote:
Okay so basically his TvP strategy is as follow :
CC first into 3 rax into tech into 5rax+medivacs, no wall, stay at base until 5-6 medivacs.
He then has a decently sized bioball, starts to move out, the protoss player smartly waiting for this starts dropping hard adepts in his main (the number depends of the player but the strategy remains the same), MarineKing stims to go into his opponent base ASAP, pylon overcharges and stuff await him but most of the bio survives, his base is shredded but the bio has too much dps and the medivacs enough energy so in the end MarineKing proceeds to win despite the fact that the protosses strategy looks superior?
I don't know if they could not tech to disruptors but I don't see why they even lose games like that.


like always he plays with his hands not his brain
can i get my estro logo back pls
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
December 31 2015 14:13 GMT
#10066
On December 31 2015 22:22 aRyuujin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2015 22:44 Poopi wrote:
Okay so basically his TvP strategy is as follow :
CC first into 3 rax into tech into 5rax+medivacs, no wall, stay at base until 5-6 medivacs.
He then has a decently sized bioball, starts to move out, the protoss player smartly waiting for this starts dropping hard adepts in his main (the number depends of the player but the strategy remains the same), MarineKing stims to go into his opponent base ASAP, pylon overcharges and stuff await him but most of the bio survives, his base is shredded but the bio has too much dps and the medivacs enough energy so in the end MarineKing proceeds to win despite the fact that the protosses strategy looks superior?
I don't know if they could not tech to disruptors but I don't see why they even lose games like that.


like always he plays with his hands not his brain

I don't think there is an optimal solution on paper with adepts tho haha.
So far it seems he is experimenting because he went mech on Ulrena, got rolled because Z was able to trade decently until Vipers, and he was like "lolll? mech trash?"
I watched some other korean terrans stream (Gumi and fOrGG) and they don't seem to have a safe way to win either so I don't know why he didn't try to qualify, most of the time you needed to be able to win a single match only to qualify so he had a shot :/.
WriterMaru
minigwar
Profile Joined June 2011
United States33 Posts
February 01 2016 04:41 GMT
#10067
Where is MKP these days? Not in PL or in qualifiers for GSL/SSL
cannabis is king
gneGne
Profile Joined June 2007
Netherlands697 Posts
February 04 2016 20:01 GMT
#10068
He's still on MVP, but he doesn't feel good enough to play LotV yet.
CyanEsports
Profile Joined February 2015
Canada128 Posts
May 13 2016 04:32 GMT
#10069
MarineKingPrime has retired



I'm going to repost my reddit comment here, because I think its relevant. I'm not on TL very often so I hope this is ok.

Oh wow. This is a really big deal to me. This might be the first major retirement for me since Nada?

I joined the scene in 2011. One of the first things that I can remember from when I started REALLY paying attention was when reddit sent MKP to MLG. That felt like such an incredible thing. That made this community stand out to me.

I was playing Terran at the time and listening to the way other pros would talk about him, watching him play, looking at how he carried himself and his reactions to every win and loss. He was already a legend in his time. [MKP was the first true Gosu Micro GOD of StarCraft 2](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT-0_Je-3hk). He made esports moments real man.

He won TWO MLGs back to back. People started to talk about him as the first SC2 bonjwa. I didn't even know what that term meant but MKP taught me.

When people talked about how the Korean players rarely showed their personality, how they were so reserved, MarineKingPrime was the player who was an exception to that norm. [I remember when he made a LastFM to answer questions](https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/22x0wu/%EC%9D%B4%EC%A0%95%ED%9B%88_askfmmkps2_ask_mkp_anything_d/cgrapzb). There was some real gold there.

When Prime won IPTL adn they all rushed out onto the stage and MarineKing was basically crying all over Byun, that was a moment that defined Esports for me. The fellowship that those guys had was incredible. MKP wanted it so bad, not just for himself but for his teammates.

EVERYONE loved MKP back in WoL. The dude was a TOTAL nerdballer. He'd be cuddled into Leenock for GSL group selection and wearing shades for Prime's photoshoots.

Its been one hell of a rocky road with MKP. He tried to switch to LoL when that became THE game in Korea and he didn't make it. I was so happy when he came back. When he left Prime, I was crushed again. He WAS Prime! What were Maru and Byun and Creator without MKP! [I actually went back to find my comment on the thread discussing Prime's closing](https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/3v4n5t/team_prime_officially_disbands/cxkamcr). Even now I call him MKP. MarineKingPRIME.

I know that his super economic style got figured out. I know that for the past few years he's been pretty code B. But god I just always thought he'd hit a rise again. I ALWAYS always thought that any day MKP would hit a strong stride again. Maybe with a really good patch. Maybe when the meta let him do blind 3 CCs. idk. But I've been waiting for years for MKP to come win back to back tournies again.

I'm always going to regret not buying one of those god damned Prime hoodies. The black ones that look super fucking weeb with the big collar. If anyone out there wants to sell me theirs please PM me. I take a large.

I'm actually tearing up a bit. I can't really describe how much this symbolizes the end of an era for me. I was SUCH a big MKP fan in his heyday.
Esports Journalist/Content Creator | Youtube/Twitter/Twitch - CyanEsports
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
May 13 2016 06:52 GMT
#10070
This sucks.
This sucks.
My freaking gosh... This really sucks...
This just sucks beyond all suckiness...
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Edpayasugo
Profile Joined April 2013
United Kingdom2223 Posts
May 13 2016 08:45 GMT
#10071
Byee MKP
FlaSh MMA INnoVation FanTaSy MKP TY Ryung | soO Dark Rogue | HuK PartinG Stork State
Mekare
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany393 Posts
May 13 2016 09:33 GMT
#10072
I'm actually devastated right now, even though this should probably not be such a shock. But it is.
MarineKing broke my heart countless times. I always forgave him, I couldn't help myself. No other player had me so emotionally involved, and I don't think any ever will.
Farewell, FoxeR. Thank you for everything <3
Coypirus
Profile Joined February 2015
119 Posts
May 13 2016 11:18 GMT
#10073
Nooo! Marineking!
DreamR
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United Kingdom168 Posts
May 13 2016 11:31 GMT
#10074
thankyou for the memories, if it wasnt for you, i would be in such a bad place.
you kept me believing n hoping.
goodnight sweet prince
This game saved me from ending it.
Darrkhan
Profile Joined February 2012
Finland1236 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-13 13:27:55
May 13 2016 13:18 GMT
#10075
MKP (((((((((. He was always my favorite player. What CyanEsports said pretty much summarized my feelings. Emotions he showed while playing was from other world. I loved wings of liberty just because MKP was so awesome. I remember struggling TvP so hard because I didn't make ghost, why would I MKP was best TvP and he never made ghost and rarely vikings MMM way to go! (:D) It took couple dozen games to realize I'm not MKP and went ghosts.

I used to always cheer for him I remember his early GSL series, nailbiting series against DRG back to back to back to back to back. Homestory cup, IPL4, MKP vs Parting, the crazy awesome Ironsquid mkp song have to go check it again!

After hots came out and MKP retired I didn't watch as much sc2 as before. (I found passion again watching Maru tho but that's different story)
Sometime in 2014 or 2015(?) after he came back from LoL he had crazy run in Hot6ix cup I was so hyped again but after that we rarely saw him anymore.

Always wanted him to bounce back and dominate like he used to but ended never happening

Kind of sad now...

The King
+ Show Spoiler +
www.youtube.com


2012 GSTL was the team finals in IPL such emotions I think I'll watch the whole series now



Darkus3
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France66 Posts
May 13 2016 17:43 GMT
#10076
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

I'm so sad ...
djack0666
Profile Joined March 2011
Belarus219 Posts
May 13 2016 17:46 GMT
#10077
Very sad... I was really hoping for a comeback...

Best of luck, MarineKing... a big part of SC2 died today for me.
"... of wolf and man!"
Darkus3
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France66 Posts
May 13 2016 18:19 GMT
#10078
I was hoping to see him at DH Tours this year ....
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
May 14 2016 01:45 GMT
#10079
Thank you, MarineKing.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
May 14 2016 15:18 GMT
#10080
Thanks for the memories
WriterMaru
Prev 1 502 503 504 505 506 507 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech111
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 741
Soma 496
910 371
BeSt 333
Hyuk 313
Horang2 283
Light 271
Jaedong 124
Pusan 121
EffOrt 101
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 79
Stork 73
Shinee 63
ZerO 50
Killer 48
Mong 40
Rush 33
Mind 31
Bale 30
NotJumperer 26
Sharp 26
sorry 22
yabsab 17
ZergMaN 17
ggaemo 13
hero 13
Noble 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe195
League of Legends
JimRising 372
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1443
pashabiceps810
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2373
Khaldor652
Other Games
gofns36595
singsing1368
ceh9635
XBOCT354
DeMusliM193
Pyrionflax182
Mew2King134
ArmadaUGS37
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick604
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream250
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH263
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2250
League of Legends
• Jankos1539
• Stunt438
Other Games
• WagamamaTV171
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 6m
Stellar Fest
3h 6m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.