• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:37
CEST 00:37
KST 07:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)18Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8639 users

General Discussion - Page 4177

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
October 23 2013 00:06 GMT
#83521
On October 23 2013 08:07 TheSubtleArt wrote:
Now exactly an epiphany, I was just hoping the new web was stupid enough to compensate for it. Maybe if you make her Q a stun or slow or something....


Wouldn't help her that much. It would help her solo killing power (which she doesn't need), but probably wouldn't make her good enough to work in teamfights. Honestly, I don't think there is a way to make her good enough to play in pubs in general without making her too powerful in competitive without changing her beyond recognition. Fundamentally, pubs play wrong around her.
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
Baggage
Profile Joined October 2012
Hong Kong593 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 00:13:32
October 23 2013 00:11 GMT
#83522
On October 23 2013 09:03 Alaric wrote:
Random question: as a melee hero, is there anything I'm supposed to do if there's a Viper on the enemy team apart from cowering and asking for ganks? I just die in 4 hits since he bought crystalys and I'm Jugg, so I assume I'm supposed to be super shit early game.

Also is there a way to check the enemy team's items without clicking on their heroes while they're on the screen? Apparently even when I die I can check the combat log and stuff but not their inventory at the time of kill.


If you're farming as a melee you'd probably want a stout shield. Depending on how oppressive the lane is and what your support is, you can try to farm/survive and get levels to a point where you can kill them, or (my preferred option) gets boots, abandon lane into roam somewhere else.

And no.

Also there appropriate thread for these type of questions is: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=255901
[10:23pm] Gosi: I want to be famous and have many twitter followers and get blowjobs during tournements at the bathroom [10:23pm] Gosi: do i play mnid or support for thhat [10:23pm] Gosi: u tell me
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
October 23 2013 00:13 GMT
#83523
I miss the old times when I was awful but my opponents even worse.
Brood with lvl 4 Bite and Insatiable Hunger was beast when people panicked and didn't cast any spells. It's funny to watch but I don't think I will ever get that low in valves mmr without having a severe head injury first.

Btw, I know how to fix brood for reals this time:
Give her 3/4/5/6% ms acceleration per second in her net and remove speed cap while under a net.
Outside of net let her lose speed gradually to normal.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Shaella
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States14828 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 00:15:18
October 23 2013 00:14 GMT
#83524
I'm working on a broodmother thread for the strategy section. Its taking shape. Slowly.

The key is NOT FUCKING SPAMMING MASSIVE ARMIES OF SPIDERLINGS AND THROWING THEM AWAY tho

Like, you don't need to be carrying a massive horde of spiderlings to do your job a lot of time. Plus with the ability to spawn 4 spiderlings now, you can flash an army up in a matter of seconds if you actually need it
don't tell me to provide a legend for those charts cause we already got shaella in this thread - eieio | Bulba is my waifu
Jinxed
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States6450 Posts
October 23 2013 00:21 GMT
#83525
On October 23 2013 09:14 Shaella wrote:
The key is NOT FUCKING SPAMMING MASSIVE ARMIES OF SPIDERLINGS AND THROWING THEM AWAY


But how will the enemy team ever get farm if you don't donate spiders?
LiquidDota Staff"LeLoup is a great name pls undo." -Liquid`Nazgul
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 00:34:06
October 23 2013 00:29 GMT
#83526
On October 23 2013 09:03 Alaric wrote:
Random question: as a melee hero, is there anything I'm supposed to do if there's a Viper on the enemy team apart from cowering and asking for ganks? I just die in 4 hits since he bought crystalys and I'm Jugg, so I assume I'm supposed to be super shit early game.

Also is there a way to check the enemy team's items without clicking on their heroes while they're on the screen? Apparently even when I die I can check the combat log and stuff but not their inventory at the time of kill.

viper stomps most melee heroes in solo vs solo lanes especially now with the poison orb buff, theres not too much you can do, if you're jugg its possible to get ganks off on viper, but keep in mind they have to be good ganks otherwise they may be fruitless because of vipers ability to slow you down in spin. other tips is to level up ward to make sure you dont die and see if you can stack camps to kill with spin. if he catches you alone when you're unable to use any spells/teleport you're likely dead without jukes
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 23 2013 00:41 GMT
#83527
I would consider Viper to easily be one of the best mid heroes because of how the hero can just dominate his lane.
Aceace
Profile Joined June 2011
Turkey1305 Posts
October 23 2013 01:03 GMT
#83528
On October 23 2013 09:13 Mataza wrote:
I miss the old times when I was awful but my opponents even worse.
Brood with lvl 4 Bite and Insatiable Hunger was beast when people panicked and didn't cast any spells. It's funny to watch but I don't think I will ever get that low in valves mmr without having a severe head injury first.

Btw, I know how to fix brood for reals this time:
Give her 3/4/5/6% ms acceleration per second in her net and remove speed cap while under a net.
Outside of net let her lose speed gradually to normal.


Give her 3/4/5/6% ms acceleration per second in her net and remove speed cap while under a net...

"Removing speed cap and giving ms acceleration" will cause 1687687187867 ms.
Dün dündür, bugün bugündür. (Yesterday was yesterday, today is today)
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 23 2013 01:10 GMT
#83529
Yeah, that's what I figured. Started Radiant bot in a duo lane but went mid because the tower was about to die, Viper slowed me and killed me without a care in the world. Happened once again through the ward and a tower, I figured the spin wouldn't protect me from his slow, so I just told the team I couldn't do anything to him to somebody else would have to stop his pushing.

Then I remembered that aa carries are everything but fun when you're a scrub who farms like one.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 23 2013 01:24 GMT
#83530
whats aa carries?
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
October 23 2013 01:32 GMT
#83531
anti-air? viper flies?
hariooo
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada2830 Posts
October 23 2013 01:36 GMT
#83532
Where do I find people to 1v1?
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 23 2013 01:42 GMT
#83533
he means auto attack carries
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 23 2013 01:47 GMT
#83534
Wish Vanguard was just 100% block. Perhaps it would be a legitimate buy.
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
October 23 2013 01:52 GMT
#83535
On October 23 2013 10:47 trinxified wrote:
Wish Vanguard was just 100% block. Perhaps it would be a legitimate buy.

Honestly with the 80% it's pretty decent on a few heroes. Especially with the nerf to consumable regen + tranquils.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 23 2013 02:00 GMT
#83536
On October 23 2013 10:52 Nevuk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2013 10:47 trinxified wrote:
Wish Vanguard was just 100% block. Perhaps it would be a legitimate buy.

Honestly with the 80% it's pretty decent on a few heroes. Especially with the nerf to consumable regen + tranquils.


I played PL earlier... Wasn't sure how to sustain myself, so I thought I could make an argument to get Vanguard.
Daozzt
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1263 Posts
October 23 2013 02:02 GMT
#83537
On October 23 2013 10:47 trinxified wrote:
Wish Vanguard was just 100% block. Perhaps it would be a legitimate buy.


It would be broken.
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
October 23 2013 02:09 GMT
#83538
On October 23 2013 11:00 trinxified wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2013 10:52 Nevuk wrote:
On October 23 2013 10:47 trinxified wrote:
Wish Vanguard was just 100% block. Perhaps it would be a legitimate buy.

Honestly with the 80% it's pretty decent on a few heroes. Especially with the nerf to consumable regen + tranquils.


I played PL earlier... Wasn't sure how to sustain myself, so I thought I could make an argument to get Vanguard.

It's fantastic against PL because his illusions do so much less damage due to the block. As PL not sure, but it's really either a casual ring of health, buying a ton of tangos, or buying tranquils anyways as luna and a few other heroes apparently are doing. (which now illusions spawning with broken tranquils means far less).
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 23 2013 02:10 GMT
#83539
valve was even nice enough to introduce 2 new brood skins in the shop u go valve
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-23 02:13:06
October 23 2013 02:12 GMT
#83540
sylar went tranquils on PL and almost won in a competitive game.....can i use that as an argument that tranquil is still viable? lol
Prev 1 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE160
Nina 119
Nathanias 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15280
Artosis 439
White-Ra 275
ToSsGirL 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever384
NeuroSwarm126
League of Legends
Doublelift3562
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS928
hungrybox799
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2310
Liquid`Hasu1705
Trikslyr57
Other Games
summit1g6803
Grubby4419
shahzam537
JimRising 277
C9.Mang0270
ZombieGrub60
Mew2King45
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream110
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• davetesta27
• Hupsaiya 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 34
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1140
• Scarra960
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 23m
OSC
14h 23m
Stellar Fest
14h 23m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.