• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:35
CEST 17:35
KST 00:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10003 users

General Discussion - Page 396

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 394 395 396 397 398 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
8e8
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada2 Posts
April 15 2012 18:23 GMT
#7901
I created a couple indepth guides on getting the most out of your settings in Dota 2, and advanced key binds/configurations. The first guide can be found here. The second guide details setting up smartcasting (like in LoL) and can be found here. I hope a lot of you find some useful information in these posts!
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 18:34:40
April 15 2012 18:34 GMT
#7902
is it better to get rabid or synergy first on lone druid early game?
POGGERS
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 18:37:29
April 15 2012 18:36 GMT
#7903
I think the standard is synergy. Seems way more useful early game.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
April 15 2012 18:38 GMT
#7904
what if you're jungling?
POGGERS
cilinder007
Profile Joined August 2010
Slovenia7251 Posts
April 15 2012 18:38 GMT
#7905
rabid is useless without synergy because of the cooldown and you dont have the mana to spam it anyway
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
April 15 2012 18:41 GMT
#7906
yeah synergy is still best even in the jungle.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
April 15 2012 18:42 GMT
#7907
ah right kk
POGGERS
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
April 15 2012 19:11 GMT
#7908
On April 16 2012 03:15 konadora wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 03:14 DoNotDisturb wrote:
SK team mystery is cleared in Sayuri interview

So, Sayuri, what is the current situation with your team roster and rumored sponsor, SK Gaming?

Well, at the moment, our core roster consists of myself, Merlini, Korok and PAINTITGOLD. We are planning on using ComeWithMe and Freezer in upcoming events, and hope that they will be able to join us permanently. To clear up the confusion about SK Gaming-- they are a great organization and, for a short period of time, Ben and I were actually contracted to them. However, in the end, our expectations and goals as far as Dota2 were too different. I wish them the best of luck in whichever team they choose to back, and hope to see an SK Gaming Dota2 roster soon!


http://www.joindota.com/en/news/2863-sayuri-we-want-to-be-the-best

wait what, isnt CWM in dignitas? so he's gonna be long-term stand-in or something?


Yes he is in Dignitas along with Freezer. Dunno why they wouldn't ask someone like PhoeNiiX since WW is apparently no more.
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
April 15 2012 19:12 GMT
#7909
Anyone have any idea why when I got a new headset dota2 stopped recognizing my mic? Like it works fine in vent and skype, but can't get any sound to come out in dota2.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
April 15 2012 19:20 GMT
#7910
When CWM was approached by Bulba/Demon and company, someone asked Odee what he thought of it and Odee laughed and said "CWM isn't going to get out of his contract"

So either CWM and freezer's contract is ending soon (it has been roughly 6 months) or Sayuri is blowing hot air again, like she did with the TSM/coL co-sponsorship of a merlini/kuroky team lol.

Also, if she is the primary drafter, then that team is fucked, I've seen her drafts and they are awful, absolutely awful. The team will never beat a top tier competitive team if she is a primary drafter, especially when the team has CWM already.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
April 15 2012 19:31 GMT
#7911
On April 16 2012 03:23 8e8 wrote:
I created a couple indepth guides on getting the most out of your settings in Dota 2, and advanced key binds/configurations. The first guide can be found here. The second guide details setting up smartcasting (like in LoL) and can be found here. I hope a lot of you find some useful information in these posts!

Sigh.. I was hoping smartcasting would be held out of DotA.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 20:19:41
April 15 2012 20:11 GMT
#7912
On April 16 2012 04:31 Unleashing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 03:23 8e8 wrote:
I created a couple indepth guides on getting the most out of your settings in Dota 2, and advanced key binds/configurations. The first guide can be found here. The second guide details setting up smartcasting (like in LoL) and can be found here. I hope a lot of you find some useful information in these posts!

Sigh.. I was hoping smartcasting would be held out of DotA.

It'll probably be banned in tournaments at the least. Having the capacity to use it in pub games really doesn't seem like a big deal. Plus it's not really good on certain heroes. There's already range indicators and other things that shouldn't function in tournament mode.

On April 16 2012 04:12 hunts wrote:
Anyone have any idea why when I got a new headset dota2 stopped recognizing my mic? Like it works fine in vent and skype, but can't get any sound to come out in dota2.

Is it a USB headset? You may have to change the sound settings inside of dota to your default sound device or headset if it uses different drivers and isn't your default device.

edit:
Also the reason people farm with bear form on sylla is that there's a lower bat on syllabear in his ult form so he attacks faster, even if you never got a quelling blade. And bear form sylla is hard to gank while non-bearform sylla is pretty squishy (albeit faster)
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
April 15 2012 20:19 GMT
#7913
Yeah both this and my old one were USB headsets, but the old one worked fine. I've been looking thru the voice options in dota2 and can't find one to let me configure my device.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 20:34:45
April 15 2012 20:33 GMT
#7914
On April 16 2012 05:19 hunts wrote:
Yeah both this and my old one were USB headsets, but the old one worked fine. I've been looking thru the voice options in dota2 and can't find one to let me configure my device.

You could try uninstalling the drivers for your old headset.

The other place to try is that voice settings are saved in your steam profile rather than dota 2 (although dota 2 disregards the rest of the options, this is the only one that isn't also present in game). In steam go to view - > settings -> voice and change the device. Hitting detect device should also work.

edit : reverse the order of which of these to try first, uninstalling the old drivers should be the second choice not the first one
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
April 15 2012 20:39 GMT
#7915
I just got into the beta, and i was wondering which game mode (ap, rd, etc) is most popular. So far, after an evening of bots to get used to the controls, i've played 2 games: a random draft with a leaver on my team from the start, and an ap with a feeding naix who also left halfway through the game (result: loss).

also, is it just not worth playing support in pubs dota?
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
TheWarbler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1659 Posts
April 15 2012 20:48 GMT
#7916
On April 16 2012 05:39 Varpulis wrote:
I just got into the beta, and i was wondering which game mode (ap, rd, etc) is most popular. So far, after an evening of bots to get used to the controls, i've played 2 games: a random draft with a leaver on my team from the start, and an ap with a feeding naix who also left halfway through the game (result: loss).

also, is it just not worth playing support in pubs dota?


Support wins games. Also if someone fully leaves you are free to leave without penalty.
if you can believe you can concieve
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
April 15 2012 20:52 GMT
#7917
On April 15 2012 18:53 Yoshi- wrote:
No your post is wrong.
Vanguard in dota1, blocks the damage It is not a triggered heal.
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96250

Is his point that the damage counter takes place after reduction rather than before not correct though? I thought that this was true of vanguard's damage mechanics in regards to dispersal and bristleback's passive as to how much damage is passed on for the former and how much damage is counted towards on the latter. I'm not quite sure whether dispersal/bristleback's damage reduction was taken into account before or after in either case in dota. (In hon I think it was after for both, but definitely after for bristle). I

have no idea about tide (or if it really matters on him) as kraken shell is usually going to be triggered more by magic damage dealt to him rather than physical auto attacks except in cases where everyone is low level (in which case he's not going to have level 4 kraken shell anyways).

In HON they changed the counter to take place post-reduction and the only issue it really caused was on bristle. It made bristleback much weaker as his spines launch after he takes 200 finalized damage rather than 200 pre-reduced damage. At least, this is what I was told by a various people. I never knew any dota mechanics. It was also a subtle nerf to spectre but no one ever seems to mind seeing her nerfed.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 21:04:50
April 15 2012 20:59 GMT
#7918
On April 16 2012 03:14 DoNotDisturb wrote:
SK team mystery is cleared in Sayuri interview

Show nested quote +
So, Sayuri, what is the current situation with your team roster and rumored sponsor, SK Gaming?

Well, at the moment, our core roster consists of myself, Merlini, Korok and PAINTITGOLD. We are planning on using ComeWithMe and Freezer in upcoming events, and hope that they will be able to join us permanently. To clear up the confusion about SK Gaming-- they are a great organization and, for a short period of time, Ben and I were actually contracted to them. However, in the end, our expectations and goals as far as Dota2 were too different. I wish them the best of luck in whichever team they choose to back, and hope to see an SK Gaming Dota2 roster soon!


http://www.joindota.com/en/news/2863-sayuri-we-want-to-be-the-best

I don't get it, Merlini in his interview says he doesn't play dota 2. Or I mistake his interview with another ? The guy in tin foil hat in me says they just borrow his name to get easier sponsors but it's not really him playing for them :D

edit :
What are you doing these days? Do you miss your previous place in the DotA community?

Ben: Shortly after graduating college, I scrapped my plans for medical school and chose a different profession. I’ve been a prop trader in Chicago for nearly a year and a half now. I don’t have too much spare time, but I still play RTS games and a few RPGs here and there with my friends. Starcraft II is my game of choice at the moment, and I do plan on playing DotA 2 when development finishes.
-How often do you still play DotA 2? What do you like or dislike about the game, and do you still advise IceFrog on its ongoing development?
-Unfortunately, I’ve only played a few games of DotA 2
Yoshi-
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany10227 Posts
April 15 2012 21:06 GMT
#7919
On April 16 2012 05:52 Nevuk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 18:53 Yoshi- wrote:
No your post is wrong.
Vanguard in dota1, blocks the damage It is not a triggered heal.
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96250

Is his point that the damage counter takes place after reduction rather than before not correct though? I thought that this was true of vanguard's damage mechanics in regards to dispersal and bristleback's passive as to how much damage is passed on for the former and how much damage is counted towards on the latter. I'm not quite sure whether dispersal/bristleback's damage reduction was taken into account before or after in either case in dota. (In hon I think it was after for both, but definitely after for bristle). I

have no idea about tide (or if it really matters on him) as kraken shell is usually going to be triggered more by magic damage dealt to him rather than physical auto attacks except in cases where everyone is low level (in which case he's not going to have level 4 kraken shell anyways).

In HON they changed the counter to take place post-reduction and the only issue it really caused was on bristle. It made bristleback much weaker as his spines launch after he takes 200 finalized damage rather than 200 pre-reduced damage. At least, this is what I was told by a various people. I never knew any dota mechanics. It was also a subtle nerf to spectre but no one ever seems to mind seeing her nerfed.

In both dota1 and dota2 damage reduction(vanguard, kraken shell) happens before everything else.
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 21:13:39
April 15 2012 21:09 GMT
#7920
On April 16 2012 05:59 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 03:14 DoNotDisturb wrote:
SK team mystery is cleared in Sayuri interview

So, Sayuri, what is the current situation with your team roster and rumored sponsor, SK Gaming?

Well, at the moment, our core roster consists of myself, Merlini, Korok and PAINTITGOLD. We are planning on using ComeWithMe and Freezer in upcoming events, and hope that they will be able to join us permanently. To clear up the confusion about SK Gaming-- they are a great organization and, for a short period of time, Ben and I were actually contracted to them. However, in the end, our expectations and goals as far as Dota2 were too different. I wish them the best of luck in whichever team they choose to back, and hope to see an SK Gaming Dota2 roster soon!


http://www.joindota.com/en/news/2863-sayuri-we-want-to-be-the-best

I don't get it, Merlini in his interview says he doesn't play dota 2. Or I mistake his interview with another ? The guy in tin foil hat in me says they just borrow his name to get easier sponsors but it's not really him playing for them :D

edit :
Show nested quote +
What are you doing these days? Do you miss your previous place in the DotA community?

Ben: Shortly after graduating college, I scrapped my plans for medical school and chose a different profession. I’ve been a prop trader in Chicago for nearly a year and a half now. I don’t have too much spare time, but I still play RTS games and a few RPGs here and there with my friends. Starcraft II is my game of choice at the moment, and I do plan on playing DotA 2 when development finishes.
-How often do you still play DotA 2? What do you like or dislike about the game, and do you still advise IceFrog on its ongoing development?
-Unfortunately, I’ve only played a few games of DotA 2


He did say that and he does play Dota 2 quite a bit.
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
Prev 1 394 395 396 397 398 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
Codebar 33
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1176
Mini 976
Soma 626
actioN 526
Rush 381
Light 361
ggaemo 320
Larva 287
Horang2 262
Stork 257
[ Show more ]
BeSt 248
Snow 209
hero 208
Barracks 125
firebathero 108
Killer 107
Aegong 100
Shine 98
Dewaltoss 91
Zeus 73
JYJ 40
Shinee 38
Sharp 38
Sexy 36
soO 36
ToSsGirL 27
Liquid`Ret 24
Bale 23
zelot 22
sorry 21
Trap 18
Rock 18
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8302
qojqva1907
Dendi797
420jenkins150
Counter-Strike
fl0m967
Fnx 762
x6flipin524
edward47
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5126
Other Games
singsing1548
B2W.Neo892
Khaldor712
byalli505
Lowko366
Mlord287
Liquid`VortiX199
DeMusliM194
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe136
Trikslyr39
Railgan5
BRAT_OK 1
gofns0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
WardiTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH178
• StrangeGG 60
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV423
League of Legends
• Nemesis2451
• Jankos1742
• TFBlade755
Other Games
• Shiphtur142
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 25m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 25m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.