• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:36
CEST 15:36
KST 22:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9986 users

Sea.GuemChi returns to BW - Page 5

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
135 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
January 24 2011 23:10 GMT
#81
Welcome back Guemchi!

woonjin just got scarier ^^
jaedong imba
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 24 2011 23:17 GMT
#82
GUEM
CHIZZLE
FOSHIZZLE
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
January 24 2011 23:19 GMT
#83
On January 25 2011 07:31 SnowFantasy wrote:
This is definitely interesting..

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't want to see someone like NaDa or Julyzerg go back to BW. They would have such a difficult time with things. Their reasonably successful sc2 career so far makes me so much happier than them failing to qualify for OSL ever could.


Hmm, I think their motivation just died down. I think those two definitely still do have great potential. Take a look at oov - his builds are so creative even after he'd retired. Not everything is about perfect mechanics, ______ attained bonjwadom with 200-250 APM after all.

I'd be extatic if their break made them hungry for more BW! :D
Jakalo
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Latvia2350 Posts
January 24 2011 23:29 GMT
#84
GUEMCHI!

Its really cool.
Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be.
SkyLegenD
Profile Joined February 2010
United States304 Posts
January 24 2011 23:34 GMT
#85
Missed Guemchi. Hope Woongjin can rebound quickly with him.
"Victory belongs to the most persevering." - Napoleon Bonaparte
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
January 24 2011 23:36 GMT
#86
On January 25 2011 08:19 maybenexttime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2011 07:31 SnowFantasy wrote:
This is definitely interesting..

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't want to see someone like NaDa or Julyzerg go back to BW. They would have such a difficult time with things. Their reasonably successful sc2 career so far makes me so much happier than them failing to qualify for OSL ever could.


Hmm, I think their motivation just died down. I think those two definitely still do have great potential. Take a look at oov - his builds are so creative even after he'd retired. Not everything is about perfect mechanics, ______ attained bonjwadom with 200-250 APM after all.

I'd be extatic if their break made them hungry for more BW! :D


Dunno man, it was pretty heartbreaking for me to watch nada lose to (Z)Falcon in some qualifiers a while back. If he really tried hard enough he might be able to take a good stab at an individual league (Look at his amazing msl run where he ended up going 2-3 against Jangbi for proof).

However, playing sc2 so much gives you a ton of bad habits. At this point it would be really hard to come back and do something meaningful.
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
January 24 2011 23:42 GMT
#87
i want him in fpl round 4
FTD
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
January 24 2011 23:54 GMT
#88
Ah I was wondering what happened to Guemchi. He and MVP were the only 2 A team starters (circa 2010) to switch to playing SC2 right? I was wondering why Guemchi wasn't destroying GSL the way MVP was. Guess his heart was never truly in it. Hopefully he can regain his old form and help Woongjin to not suck so much.
Turgid
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1623 Posts
January 25 2011 00:17 GMT
#89
On January 25 2011 08:54 red4ce wrote:
Ah I was wondering what happened to Guemchi. He and MVP were the only 2 A team starters (circa 2010) to switch to playing SC2 right? I was wondering why Guemchi wasn't destroying GSL the way MVP was. Guess his heart was never truly in it. Hopefully he can regain his old form and help Woongjin to not suck so much.


This may have a lot to do with it, the passion part I mean. SC2 also may just not click with every BW player's particular strengths. Look at Sangho, who, if I'm not mistaken, was a lower division a-teamer. By rights he should have an advantage over Iron or Clare but he's disappointingly mediocre.

But off the subject of SC2 abilities, how good WAS Guemchi as a BW pro? Before he switched, I mean. I'm relatively new to the BW scene so the first I heard about him was the GSL 3 qualifiers(which I guess does count as a notable appearance).
(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
January 25 2011 00:20 GMT
#90
On January 25 2011 09:17 Turgid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2011 08:54 red4ce wrote:
Ah I was wondering what happened to Guemchi. He and MVP were the only 2 A team starters (circa 2010) to switch to playing SC2 right? I was wondering why Guemchi wasn't destroying GSL the way MVP was. Guess his heart was never truly in it. Hopefully he can regain his old form and help Woongjin to not suck so much.


This may have a lot to do with it, the passion part I mean. SC2 also may just not click with every BW player's particular strengths. Look at Sangho, who, if I'm not mistaken, was a lower division a-teamer. By rights he should have an advantage over Iron or Clare but he's disappointingly mediocre.

But off the subject of SC2 abilities, how good WAS Guemchi as a BW pro? Before he switched, I mean. I'm relatively new to the BW scene so the first I heard about him was the GSL 3 qualifiers(which I guess does count as a notable appearance).

He reached bonjwa status twice + Show Spoiler +
for one day
.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
January 25 2011 00:43 GMT
#91
On January 25 2011 09:17 Turgid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2011 08:54 red4ce wrote:
Ah I was wondering what happened to Guemchi. He and MVP were the only 2 A team starters (circa 2010) to switch to playing SC2 right? I was wondering why Guemchi wasn't destroying GSL the way MVP was. Guess his heart was never truly in it. Hopefully he can regain his old form and help Woongjin to not suck so much.


This may have a lot to do with it, the passion part I mean. SC2 also may just not click with every BW player's particular strengths. Look at Sangho, who, if I'm not mistaken, was a lower division a-teamer. By rights he should have an advantage over Iron or Clare but he's disappointingly mediocre.

But off the subject of SC2 abilities, how good WAS Guemchi as a BW pro? Before he switched, I mean. I'm relatively new to the BW scene so the first I heard about him was the GSL 3 qualifiers(which I guess does count as a notable appearance).


You can tell Guemchi didn't give a crap about SC2, even in his interview with Artosis. I guarantee you he went into the qualifiers with very limited practice and zero understanding of the game.

As for how good he was

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=110956
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
January 25 2011 01:27 GMT
#92
yay guem-chizzle is back to stars :D
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
.Aar
Profile Joined September 2010
2177 Posts
January 25 2011 01:29 GMT
#93
Puahaha that's an awesome name. Welcome back, SpinachToss!
now run into the setting sun, and suffer, but don't mess up your hair.
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
January 25 2011 01:58 GMT
#94
watch woongjin dominate from now on
Writer
funnybananaman
Profile Joined April 2009
United States830 Posts
January 25 2011 02:11 GMT
#95
Hahaha i am suddenly a guemchi fan! good for him
Ryusei-R1
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States2106 Posts
January 25 2011 02:18 GMT
#96
Two words:

FUCK YEAH
Jaedong plz
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
January 25 2011 03:15 GMT
#97
On January 25 2011 07:31 SnowFantasy wrote:
This is definitely interesting..

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't want to see someone like NaDa or Julyzerg go back to BW. They would have such a difficult time with things. Their reasonably successful sc2 career so far makes me so much happier than them failing to qualify for OSL ever could.

Eventually July will transition into full-time broadcasting. He's already hosting a TV show on OGN with Shin Ae.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
January 25 2011 03:25 GMT
#98
Well, now that the real bonjwa's back, I forsee an end to Flash and Jaedong's domination in his absence. Thankfully for Stork, Guemchi isn't capable of playing in this season's SL.
Meh
judochopaction
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States533 Posts
January 25 2011 03:35 GMT
#99
OMFG GUEMCHI MAKIN A COMEBACK YESSSSS
Xinliben
Profile Joined May 2009
United States931 Posts
January 25 2011 03:39 GMT
#100
Just in time for some allkills!
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 1135
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
CosmosSc2 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48209
Shuttle 7893
FanTaSy 1795
Hyuk 560
Horang2 498
BeSt 442
Pusan 331
EffOrt 211
Last 140
Mind 133
[ Show more ]
Soma 131
Zeus 104
ggaemo 84
Sexy 75
hero 70
Sea.KH 62
Aegong 61
Hyun 61
Killer 60
Snow 51
ToSsGirL 35
PianO 26
Bale 23
JYJ 22
NaDa 20
zelot 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Rock 9
Sacsri 9
Noble 6
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc2655
qojqva1766
Dendi1239
XcaliburYe327
420jenkins55
Counter-Strike
fl0m3192
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu604
Khaldor504
Other Games
gofns35208
B2W.Neo938
Beastyqt507
byalli440
Mlord300
Livibee195
Hui .163
ArmadaUGS95
Mew2King66
QueenE27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick697
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2949
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 24m
Replay Cast
9h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.