• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:13
CEST 03:13
KST 10:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7973 users

Viva La Vida - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
pirate cod
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
810 Posts
April 16 2009 00:48 GMT
#41
Because this thread is worthless - art is whatever you interpret it as - if it elicits nothing then clearly the piece isn't for you, or maybe you should culture yourself a bit. And if you're asking for an answer to a riddle then you don't deserve an answer - I'll try to explain the general onslaught against Coldplay.

They've brought absolutely nothing to music but have taken away so much (and no I don't mean money and fame). By you people listening to this mediocre, hackneyed shit you're condemning every artist with a modicum of passion and talent (this isn't in reference to Satriani). You don't even know what you like - the media just inculcates songs into your saftey zone until it begins to make you feel so comfortable you rather listen to this shit than a more worthwhile piece. So you may say, who gives a fuck - it makes me feel good. And to that I have no answer to give that would change anything. That's how I feel about the subject - but what do I know I've never heard a full song by them. teehee :x
Insane Lane
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States397 Posts
April 16 2009 00:50 GMT
#42
Youth, vitality, overconfidence, downfall, maturity
rushz0rz
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Canada5300 Posts
April 16 2009 00:51 GMT
#43
yellow is a pretty good song.
IntoTheRainBOw fan~
ktp
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States797 Posts
April 16 2009 00:52 GMT
#44
On April 16 2009 09:51 rushz0rz wrote:
yellow is a pretty good song.


Yep. That entire album is great. Then they turned into shit somehow.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
April 16 2009 00:52 GMT
#45
Not for or against Coldplay but "Viva La Vida" is a nice song.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-16 01:04:43
April 16 2009 01:01 GMT
#46
On April 16 2009 06:55 ahrara_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 06:52 Drowsy wrote:
Hey guys, look at me! I derive my self esteem from feeling superior to people who listen to and enjoy popular music! I hope more people jump on my bandwagon, because then I won't feel so alone.



How the fuck does that change the fact that they steal songs? Seriously lol, all you can come up with is a personal attack? hahaha damn I didn't even mention shit about them being mainstream or me being better than mainstream music listeners or whatever nonsense you somehow managed to get from my posts. THEY ARE THIEVES!
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-16 01:15:46
April 16 2009 01:14 GMT
#47
It's mainstream music, it usually doesn't mean anything past what you read.

On April 16 2009 06:44 Pyrrhuloxia wrote:
it means its a shitty song


EDIT: Actually, that song is decent. Not exceptional, but I don't think I'd quite call it "shitty" than mediocre/average.
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
April 16 2009 01:16 GMT
#48
On April 16 2009 10:01 Drowsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 06:55 ahrara_ wrote:
On April 16 2009 06:52 Drowsy wrote:
Hey guys, look at me! I derive my self esteem from feeling superior to people who listen to and enjoy popular music! I hope more people jump on my bandwagon, because then I won't feel so alone.



How the fuck does that change the fact that they steal songs? Seriously lol, all you can come up with is a personal attack? hahaha damn I didn't even mention shit about them being mainstream or me being better than mainstream music listeners or whatever nonsense you somehow managed to get from my posts. THEY ARE THIEVES!

in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
April 16 2009 01:27 GMT
#49
On April 16 2009 10:16 ahrara_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 10:01 Drowsy wrote:
On April 16 2009 06:55 ahrara_ wrote:
On April 16 2009 06:52 Drowsy wrote:
Hey guys, look at me! I derive my self esteem from feeling superior to people who listen to and enjoy popular music! I hope more people jump on my bandwagon, because then I won't feel so alone.



How the fuck does that change the fact that they steal songs? Seriously lol, all you can come up with is a personal attack? hahaha damn I didn't even mention shit about them being mainstream or me being better than mainstream music listeners or whatever nonsense you somehow managed to get from my posts. THEY ARE THIEVES!


Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Deleted User 30223
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3104 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-16 01:33:28
April 16 2009 01:32 GMT
#50
so much hate @.@

honestly, no one really gives a shit. a lot of people (including me) don't appreciate the fact that the song is plagiarized, but it's a good song nonetheless. so just enjoy it. unless you're that much of a coldplay antifan.

on-topic: I always thought it was an allusion to the French Revolution
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-16 01:33:43
April 16 2009 01:33 GMT
#51
Fuck, they 'plagiarize' and you download torrents. Whoever gets mad here is just a hypocrite.
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-16 01:35:28
April 16 2009 01:34 GMT
#52
On April 16 2009 10:33 Cloud wrote:
Fuck, they 'plagiarize' and you download torrents. Whoever gets mad here is just a hypocrite.

I don't download torrents, mostly because my university would take away my internet forever. And it's not even remotely the same thing, artistic integrity and piracy really aren't related at all.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
edzwoo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States469 Posts
April 16 2009 01:35 GMT
#53
On April 16 2009 10:01 Drowsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 06:55 ahrara_ wrote:
On April 16 2009 06:52 Drowsy wrote:
Hey guys, look at me! I derive my self esteem from feeling superior to people who listen to and enjoy popular music! I hope more people jump on my bandwagon, because then I won't feel so alone.



How the fuck does that change the fact that they steal songs? Seriously lol, all you can come up with is a personal attack? hahaha damn I didn't even mention shit about them being mainstream or me being better than mainstream music listeners or whatever nonsense you somehow managed to get from my posts. THEY ARE THIEVES!


So there is absolutely no way that it happened to be a coincidence that the medlody of one song is similar to another?

It's a relatively basic composition of notes, not some obscure beat that nobody would have ever thought of. I don't listen to music but the claim is absolutely ridiculous imo.

Here you can check this youtube video out:



I don't think anyone copied anybody, it's just a nice progression of chords that were nice that they all happened to stumble upon.
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
April 16 2009 01:37 GMT
#54
On April 16 2009 10:34 Drowsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 10:33 Cloud wrote:
Fuck, they 'plagiarize' and you download torrents. Whoever gets mad here is just a hypocrite.

I don't download torrents, mostly because my university would take away my internet forever. And it's not even remotely the same thing, artistic integrity and piracy really aren't related at all.


Its stealing. Piracy is probably even worse.
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
Deleted User 30223
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3104 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-16 01:39:12
April 16 2009 01:38 GMT
#55
On April 16 2009 10:34 Drowsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 10:33 Cloud wrote:
Fuck, they 'plagiarize' and you download torrents. Whoever gets mad here is just a hypocrite.

I don't download torrents, mostly because my university would take away my internet forever. And it's not even remotely the same thing, artistic integrity and piracy really aren't related at all.


On April 16 2009 10:01 Drowsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 06:55 ahrara_ wrote:
On April 16 2009 06:52 Drowsy wrote:
Hey guys, look at me! I derive my self esteem from feeling superior to people who listen to and enjoy popular music! I hope more people jump on my bandwagon, because then I won't feel so alone.



How the fuck does that change the fact that they steal songs? Seriously lol, all you can come up with is a personal attack? hahaha damn I didn't even mention shit about them being mainstream or me being better than mainstream music listeners or whatever nonsense you somehow managed to get from my posts. THEY ARE THIEVES!


?? i'm pretty sure getting something that doesn't belong to you, whether songs or lyrics, without paying for them or getting authority over it is stealing which is what thieves do last time i checked

so i'm pretty sure cloud is right on the fact that you're a hypocrite
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
April 16 2009 01:39 GMT
#56
On April 16 2009 10:35 edzwoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 10:01 Drowsy wrote:
On April 16 2009 06:55 ahrara_ wrote:
On April 16 2009 06:52 Drowsy wrote:
Hey guys, look at me! I derive my self esteem from feeling superior to people who listen to and enjoy popular music! I hope more people jump on my bandwagon, because then I won't feel so alone.



How the fuck does that change the fact that they steal songs? Seriously lol, all you can come up with is a personal attack? hahaha damn I didn't even mention shit about them being mainstream or me being better than mainstream music listeners or whatever nonsense you somehow managed to get from my posts. THEY ARE THIEVES!


So there is absolutely no way that it happened to be a coincidence that the medlody of one song is similar to another?

It's a relatively basic composition of notes, not some obscure beat that nobody would have ever thought of. I don't listen to music but the claim is absolutely ridiculous imo.

Here you can check this youtube video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL4OCL2r-ZQ&feature=related

I don't think anyone copied anybody, it's just a nice progression of chords that were nice that they all happened to stumble upon.


That's correct, I believe there is absolutely no way this is a coincidence and honestly I believe this video proves rather than refutes that assertion. Notice that the similarities between Satriani and Frances Limon are about 2-3 seconds long and at a different tempo, whereas Coldplay Satriani is longer, at the same tempo, and way more similar.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
April 16 2009 01:41 GMT
#57
On April 16 2009 09:48 pirate cod wrote:
Because this thread is worthless - art is whatever you interpret it as - if it elicits nothing then clearly the piece isn't for you, or maybe you should culture yourself a bit. And if you're asking for an answer to a riddle then you don't deserve an answer - I'll try to explain the general onslaught against Coldplay.

They've brought absolutely nothing to music but have taken away so much (and no I don't mean money and fame). By you people listening to this mediocre, hackneyed shit you're condemning every artist with a modicum of passion and talent (this isn't in reference to Satriani). You don't even know what you like - the media just inculcates songs into your saftey zone until it begins to make you feel so comfortable you rather listen to this shit than a more worthwhile piece. So you may say, who gives a fuck - it makes me feel good. And to that I have no answer to give that would change anything. That's how I feel about the subject - but what do I know I've never heard a full song by them. teehee :x

This post deserves some more attention, I'm done arguing with you retards. Anyone who can't see the obvious lack of integrity on Coldplay's part just isn't even worth having an intelligent discussion with.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-16 01:43:46
April 16 2009 01:42 GMT
#58
On April 16 2009 10:38 goldenkrnboi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 10:34 Drowsy wrote:
On April 16 2009 10:33 Cloud wrote:
Fuck, they 'plagiarize' and you download torrents. Whoever gets mad here is just a hypocrite.

I don't download torrents, mostly because my university would take away my internet forever. And it's not even remotely the same thing, artistic integrity and piracy really aren't related at all.


Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 10:01 Drowsy wrote:
On April 16 2009 06:55 ahrara_ wrote:
On April 16 2009 06:52 Drowsy wrote:
Hey guys, look at me! I derive my self esteem from feeling superior to people who listen to and enjoy popular music! I hope more people jump on my bandwagon, because then I won't feel so alone.



How the fuck does that change the fact that they steal songs? Seriously lol, all you can come up with is a personal attack? hahaha damn I didn't even mention shit about them being mainstream or me being better than mainstream music listeners or whatever nonsense you somehow managed to get from my posts. THEY ARE THIEVES!


?? i'm pretty sure getting something that doesn't belong to you, whether songs or lyrics, without paying for them or getting authority over it is stealing which is what thieves do last time i checked

so i'm pretty sure cloud is right on the fact that you're a hypocrite


Yeah I'm a hypocrite for not downloading torrents? Or do you mean purely semantically since I used the phrase "they are thieves". Stealing a song off the internetz is in no way the same as stealing a song, changing it around, and selling it for profit.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-16 01:43:53
April 16 2009 01:42 GMT
#59
hahaahah

And no, youre a liar, or just naive.
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
Deleted User 30223
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3104 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-16 01:44:23
April 16 2009 01:43 GMT
#60
On April 16 2009 10:42 Drowsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2009 10:38 goldenkrnboi wrote:
On April 16 2009 10:34 Drowsy wrote:
On April 16 2009 10:33 Cloud wrote:
Fuck, they 'plagiarize' and you download torrents. Whoever gets mad here is just a hypocrite.

I don't download torrents, mostly because my university would take away my internet forever. And it's not even remotely the same thing, artistic integrity and piracy really aren't related at all.


On April 16 2009 10:01 Drowsy wrote:
On April 16 2009 06:55 ahrara_ wrote:
On April 16 2009 06:52 Drowsy wrote:
Hey guys, look at me! I derive my self esteem from feeling superior to people who listen to and enjoy popular music! I hope more people jump on my bandwagon, because then I won't feel so alone.



How the fuck does that change the fact that they steal songs? Seriously lol, all you can come up with is a personal attack? hahaha damn I didn't even mention shit about them being mainstream or me being better than mainstream music listeners or whatever nonsense you somehow managed to get from my posts. THEY ARE THIEVES!


?? i'm pretty sure getting something that doesn't belong to you, whether songs or lyrics, without paying for them or getting authority over it is stealing which is what thieves do last time i checked

so i'm pretty sure cloud is right on the fact that you're a hypocrite


Yeah I'm a hypocrite for not downloading torrents?


my point

your head


WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH\


hint: i bolded part of your quote for a reason
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft519
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta13
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft519
WinterStarcraft285
RuFF_SC2 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 807
White-Ra 155
Noble 75
NaDa 69
Hyuk 54
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift4909
Counter-Strike
taco 356
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox612
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor714
Other Games
summit1g8440
Coldzera 822
JimRising 581
C9.Mang0365
ViBE62
ArmadaUGS51
Mew2King43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21332
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 47m
Online Event
9h 47m
FEL
14h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.