• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:03
CEST 18:03
KST 01:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7949 users

SC:R EUD Ban, and a lost appeal

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Likai1
Profile Joined May 2020
1 Post
Last Edited: 2020-05-23 13:24:34
May 23 2020 12:36 GMT
#1
Hi folks,

Just wanted to reach out in regard to a silly ban I just slapped myself with while following Roy’s EUD introduction tutorial.

I was advised by folks on reddit to post this to TL. If this isn't appropriate, I apologize and can remove this.

With extra time as of late, I really wanted to get back into SC and refactor some old maps to use EUD’s. I always wanted to as a kid, and now I was able to actually approach it. Mapping’s always been a lot of fun.

So I was following this tutorial, and when I got around to using CE to generate my Player # and Unit ID’s for my first EUD, I got myself banned - and a neat error in-game. During this whole process, I was chatting up the good folks in the StarEdit Network Discord trying to learn about what I was doing. This should be independently verifiable, and I shared this information in the form of some screenshots x.So like, I understand that cheating is an issue of concern and all, but I was following documentation on triggers that Blizzard have already given the go-ahead by actively maintaining their compatibility in SC:R, so we can use them. Heck, they’ve even pinned a 3rd party editor to their official forum that allows you to create EUD’s with information gathered through the tutorial I just linked - and they went so far as to remove their own StarEdit, so there’s no other option for mapping whatsoever. I feel like Blizzard has been too “yes-and-no” about this by going out of their way to allow these functions, even emulating how they would behave in 1.16.1. However, they immediately dismissed my case when I was, in good intention (and with some degree of evidence), able to prove that I was just trying to make a cool map using information from tutorials that SC appears to officially support now.

So I suppose from a generic customer service perspective, it’s easy to rubber stamp this as a permaban, but I can’t believe that there isn’t enough information to indicate my good intentions here. Nearly a decade of account age, and god knows how much telemetry associated with me, should be able to indicate at least something here I’d hope. Heck, their anticheat should be able to verify that I was in fact only observing the address in the tutorial - something that they already support in maps and 3rd party tools. These are in common use among mappers, and I was under the impression that what I was doing was OK. Now I’m in a situation where my account is banned and I’m not sure if I’m ever going to be able to play or continue mapping for SC:R again.

I suppose one thing that would be nice to come out of this is official guidance from Blizzard regarding EUD’s. The massive, decentralized sources of information on the topic are going to lead to more instances like this eventually, even if uncommon. You can do some really awesome stuff with them, and it's a shame that approaching something officially supported by Blizzard can immediately net a ban with no recourse.

Anyway, I’m just real bummed about this and just wanted to throw this out there. Thanks for the read.
[N3O]r3d33m3r
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany674 Posts
May 23 2020 13:13 GMT
#2
How stupid can you be to have CheatEngine open WHILE you are connected to Multiplayer?! I mean come on man...

This is 100% on you.
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1794 Posts
May 23 2020 13:23 GMT
#3
and they went so far as to remove their own StarEdit, so there’s no other option for mapping whatsoever.


How is your first thought that this only leaves EUD map making as the remaining choice?

They discontinued it due to SCMDraft being way more feature rich. And you can use it without doing any EUD game manipulating stuff.
LML
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
May 23 2020 16:36 GMT
#4
Closed upon request.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1249
ComeBackTV 567
SteadfastSC463
TaKeTV 430
LamboSC2390
IndyStarCraft 168
Rex139
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 463
LamboSC2 390
mouzHeroMarine 245
IndyStarCraft 168
ProTech150
Rex 139
BRAT_OK 72
UpATreeSC 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35238
Shuttle 1909
Mini 916
EffOrt 880
Light 575
Horang2 498
Rush 328
firebathero 320
Soma 299
Snow 201
[ Show more ]
ZerO 173
BeSt 166
hero 149
sorry 57
Sea.KH 52
Killer 43
Yoon 38
Liquid`Ret 35
Mong 33
ToSsGirL 30
Shinee 30
Sexy 24
Bale 20
soO 19
Trap 17
Shine 15
Free 12
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8439
qojqva1255
Dendi971
420jenkins152
Counter-Strike
fl0m1193
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2013
crisheroes1265
XaKoH 182
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing1863
B2W.Neo1213
Liquid`VortiX202
Hui .199
ArmadaUGS132
QueenE108
KnowMe94
Mew2King92
Trikslyr53
ToD33
Dewaltoss30
Beastyqt23
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile121
• Gemini_19 18
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 16
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3154
• TFBlade1151
Other Games
• Shiphtur251
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 58m
Stellar Fest
20h 58m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.