• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:42
CEST 07:42
KST 14:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13173 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 370

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 368 369 370 371 372 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
October 15 2014 15:18 GMT
#7381
On October 16 2014 00:14 Aeromi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:14 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:13 GumBa wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:09 Shellshock wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:07 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 GumBa wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:02 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:02 GumBa wrote:
[quote]
He got double gsl ro8's

So did Chinro.

Easier time period. And jinro is a legend for that

I hate it when people bring that up. Everyone was worse


I love the icon by the way. One of the few times I can say to people "my icon can beat up your icon."

I got my BC icon back earlier today, but it changed again after I got more powers :x

would you say that you're overpowered?

I would

User was warned for this post

OOOOOHHHHH

Balance whining will not be tolerated

PRIME is the best team ever.

Agree
Community News
TL+ Member
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 15 2014 15:18 GMT
#7382
On October 16 2014 00:16 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:10 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:08 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:03 Silvana wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:54 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:52 OtherWorld wrote:
[quote]
Ah you're talking only about fanbase, ok. Then yes it's obviously foreigners that draw bias, but being Zerg has nothing to do with it, it's mainly a question of personality. (see the fanbase of Snute or VortiX)


Snute going to a lot of tournaments compared to Vortix (and anyone really) has a lot to do with that too

Hmm I meant that Snute's fanbase is small and non-intolerant compared to the ones of Nani, Idra, Scarlett and Stephano, much like VortiX


Oh sorry I misread what you said. Snute's fanbase is a lot less rabid it seems usually, though they were pretty loud when he was beating Flash (but that was justified). I wouldn't call his fanbase small though. And if it's an issue of personality, does Scarlett have much of that or is it just the "girl appeal"


She's shy just as the next Korean so don't tell me the bias comes from "personality" ^^ I don't think being a girl has anything to do with it either tho. It's just the foreigner thing imo.


I wasn't around the scene then, but when she first started winning wasn't she the most shy, painfully awkward person ever? Her personality should have been detrimental really


I think that people got that impression after a Hot_Bid interview; which we know isn't a reliable means of determining one's personality.


I mean, even on stage in real interviews she was the "one word answers" type and was barely audible

Yeah but she changed, she said it herself in interviews. Also being unnaturaly shy is "personality". It's answering like a machine and not showing emotion that is considered "faceless".


I don't really get what "faceless" means. Many say for example Inno is a faceless Korean but for me if you watch/read his interviews he conveys his personality really well: he cares only about the game, about being good, about winning, he doesn't provoke other players, he doesn't care about ceremonies or Twitter drama, he's not an attention whore. So what does faceless mean? Not being a clown, cocky or circlejerky?

(ib4 GumBa says Inno is not at all like I described him and makes me look super silly.)


Well, a big problem with Koreans and showing personality is the language barrier.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 15 2014 15:18 GMT
#7383
On October 16 2014 00:18 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:14 Aeromi wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:14 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:13 GumBa wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:09 Shellshock wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:07 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 GumBa wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:02 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]
So did Chinro.

Easier time period. And jinro is a legend for that

I hate it when people bring that up. Everyone was worse


I love the icon by the way. One of the few times I can say to people "my icon can beat up your icon."

I got my BC icon back earlier today, but it changed again after I got more powers :x

would you say that you're overpowered?

I would

User was warned for this post

OOOOOHHHHH

Balance whining will not be tolerated

PRIME is the best team ever.

Agree

Glad to see that Aeromi fixed his post
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
October 15 2014 15:19 GMT
#7384
Can we just have a list of the top 10 most whining foreigners with their best result this year pls
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 15 2014 15:19 GMT
#7385
On October 16 2014 00:18 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:18 IntoTheheart wrote:
Shellshock got rekt.

Everyone's gotten rekt this thread except you and FFW_Rude


When did I?
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 15 2014 15:20 GMT
#7386
On October 16 2014 00:16 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:10 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:08 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:03 Silvana wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:54 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:52 OtherWorld wrote:
[quote]
Ah you're talking only about fanbase, ok. Then yes it's obviously foreigners that draw bias, but being Zerg has nothing to do with it, it's mainly a question of personality. (see the fanbase of Snute or VortiX)


Snute going to a lot of tournaments compared to Vortix (and anyone really) has a lot to do with that too

Hmm I meant that Snute's fanbase is small and non-intolerant compared to the ones of Nani, Idra, Scarlett and Stephano, much like VortiX


Oh sorry I misread what you said. Snute's fanbase is a lot less rabid it seems usually, though they were pretty loud when he was beating Flash (but that was justified). I wouldn't call his fanbase small though. And if it's an issue of personality, does Scarlett have much of that or is it just the "girl appeal"


She's shy just as the next Korean so don't tell me the bias comes from "personality" ^^ I don't think being a girl has anything to do with it either tho. It's just the foreigner thing imo.


I wasn't around the scene then, but when she first started winning wasn't she the most shy, painfully awkward person ever? Her personality should have been detrimental really


I think that people got that impression after a Hot_Bid interview; which we know isn't a reliable means of determining one's personality.


I mean, even on stage in real interviews she was the "one word answers" type and was barely audible

Yeah but she changed, she said it herself in interviews. Also being unnaturaly shy is "personality". It's answering like a machine and not showing emotion that is considered "faceless".


I don't really get what "faceless" means. Many say for example Inno is a faceless Korean but for me if you watch/read his interviews he conveys his personality really well: he cares only about the game, about being good, about winning, he doesn't provoke other players, he doesn't care about ceremonies or Twitter drama, he's not an attention whore. So what does faceless mean? Not being a clown, cocky or circlejerky?

(ib4 GumBa says Inno is not at all like I described him and makes me look super silly.)

Pretty much that, except you can add just having charisma to the list (Zest^^)
I'm not saying "faceless" is a legitimate concept, it's obviously dumb and false. But you can't deny that when you compare, say, Bomber winnning WCS Season 2 2013 and, say, Stephano dancing after winning an MLG or MC winning a game or even Flash winning IEM Toronto, you clearly have a difference in expressed emotions. That's what makes the difference in "level of facelessness" for (dumb) people, and what makes popularity.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 15 2014 15:20 GMT
#7387
On October 16 2014 00:19 AWalker9 wrote:
Can we just have a list of the top 10 most whining foreigners with their best result this year pls


I'll start

1. Huk - Ro8 WCS NA
2. Desrow - uh.... took a game at Nation Wars I guess?
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 15 2014 15:20 GMT
#7388
On October 16 2014 00:15 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:14 Shellshock wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:12 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:09 Shellshock wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:07 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 GumBa wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:02 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:02 GumBa wrote:
[quote]
He got double gsl ro8's

So did Chinro.

Easier time period. And jinro is a legend for that

I hate it when people bring that up. Everyone was worse


I love the icon by the way. One of the few times I can say to people "my icon can beat up your icon."

I got my BC icon back earlier today, but it changed again after I got more powers :x

would you say that you're overpowered?

I would

User was warned for this post

Wait what banlings can be warned?

I have been warned more times since becoming a banling than before

How many of those warnings were in jest?


+ Show Spoiler +
This is a Warning!
Fuck you bro
Show nested quote +
Kbb loves episode 1



This is a Warning!
No one wants to see you either
Show nested quote +
why is Life on the main stage? no one wants to see it



This is a Warning!
Three
Show nested quote +
Show nested quote +
I've gained 2 mod notes since becoming a banling



This is a Warning!
Please put some effort into your posts. One word replies and other low content posts are not appreciated here.
Show nested quote +
Show nested quote +
Ogre Magi too kawaii desu desu ~~



This is a Warning!
Don't call me a nazi


This is a Warning!

Show nested quote +
Show nested quote +
would you say that you're overpowered?
I would

Balance whine in LR


I'll leave out mod names for their protection
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 15 2014 15:20 GMT
#7389
On October 16 2014 00:20 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:19 AWalker9 wrote:
Can we just have a list of the top 10 most whining foreigners with their best result this year pls


I'll start

1. Huk - Ro8 WCS NA
2. Desrow - uh.... took a game at Nation Wars I guess?

Desrow got RO32 WCS NA Premier, or was that last year?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 15 2014 15:21 GMT
#7390
On October 16 2014 00:20 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:15 The_Templar wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:14 Shellshock wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:12 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:09 Shellshock wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:07 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 GumBa wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:02 IntoTheheart wrote:
[quote]
So did Chinro.

Easier time period. And jinro is a legend for that

I hate it when people bring that up. Everyone was worse


I love the icon by the way. One of the few times I can say to people "my icon can beat up your icon."

I got my BC icon back earlier today, but it changed again after I got more powers :x

would you say that you're overpowered?

I would

User was warned for this post

Wait what banlings can be warned?

I have been warned more times since becoming a banling than before

How many of those warnings were in jest?


+ Show Spoiler +
This is a Warning!
Fuck you bro
Show nested quote +
Kbb loves episode 1



This is a Warning!
No one wants to see you either
Show nested quote +
why is Life on the main stage? no one wants to see it



This is a Warning!
Three
Show nested quote +
Show nested quote +
I've gained 2 mod notes since becoming a banling



This is a Warning!
Please put some effort into your posts. One word replies and other low content posts are not appreciated here.
Show nested quote +
Show nested quote +
Ogre Magi too kawaii desu desu ~~



This is a Warning!
Don't call me a nazi


This is a Warning!

Show nested quote +
Show nested quote +
would you say that you're overpowered?
I would

Balance whine in LR


I'll leave out mod names for their protection

I've never gotten a mod warning saying "fuck you". Harsh
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 15 2014 15:21 GMT
#7391
On October 16 2014 00:20 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:16 Silvana wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:10 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:08 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:03 Silvana wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:54 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
[quote]

Snute going to a lot of tournaments compared to Vortix (and anyone really) has a lot to do with that too

Hmm I meant that Snute's fanbase is small and non-intolerant compared to the ones of Nani, Idra, Scarlett and Stephano, much like VortiX


Oh sorry I misread what you said. Snute's fanbase is a lot less rabid it seems usually, though they were pretty loud when he was beating Flash (but that was justified). I wouldn't call his fanbase small though. And if it's an issue of personality, does Scarlett have much of that or is it just the "girl appeal"


She's shy just as the next Korean so don't tell me the bias comes from "personality" ^^ I don't think being a girl has anything to do with it either tho. It's just the foreigner thing imo.


I wasn't around the scene then, but when she first started winning wasn't she the most shy, painfully awkward person ever? Her personality should have been detrimental really


I think that people got that impression after a Hot_Bid interview; which we know isn't a reliable means of determining one's personality.


I mean, even on stage in real interviews she was the "one word answers" type and was barely audible

Yeah but she changed, she said it herself in interviews. Also being unnaturaly shy is "personality". It's answering like a machine and not showing emotion that is considered "faceless".


I don't really get what "faceless" means. Many say for example Inno is a faceless Korean but for me if you watch/read his interviews he conveys his personality really well: he cares only about the game, about being good, about winning, he doesn't provoke other players, he doesn't care about ceremonies or Twitter drama, he's not an attention whore. So what does faceless mean? Not being a clown, cocky or circlejerky?

(ib4 GumBa says Inno is not at all like I described him and makes me look super silly.)

Pretty much that, except you can add just having charisma to the list (Zest^^)
I'm not saying "faceless" is a legitimate concept, it's obviously dumb and false. But you can't deny that when you compare, say, Bomber winnning WCS Season 2 2013 and, say, Stephano dancing after winning an MLG or MC winning a game or even Flash winning IEM Toronto, you clearly have a difference in expressed emotions. That's what makes the difference in "level of facelessness" for (dumb) people, and what makes popularity.


You can't deny that it's better to see a player running around and visibly super excited after a big win that a players like Taeja who is just kind of smiling as is like "yes I just won" after.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
October 15 2014 15:22 GMT
#7392
On October 16 2014 00:16 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:10 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:08 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:03 Silvana wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:54 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:52 OtherWorld wrote:
[quote]
Ah you're talking only about fanbase, ok. Then yes it's obviously foreigners that draw bias, but being Zerg has nothing to do with it, it's mainly a question of personality. (see the fanbase of Snute or VortiX)


Snute going to a lot of tournaments compared to Vortix (and anyone really) has a lot to do with that too

Hmm I meant that Snute's fanbase is small and non-intolerant compared to the ones of Nani, Idra, Scarlett and Stephano, much like VortiX


Oh sorry I misread what you said. Snute's fanbase is a lot less rabid it seems usually, though they were pretty loud when he was beating Flash (but that was justified). I wouldn't call his fanbase small though. And if it's an issue of personality, does Scarlett have much of that or is it just the "girl appeal"


She's shy just as the next Korean so don't tell me the bias comes from "personality" ^^ I don't think being a girl has anything to do with it either tho. It's just the foreigner thing imo.


I wasn't around the scene then, but when she first started winning wasn't she the most shy, painfully awkward person ever? Her personality should have been detrimental really


I think that people got that impression after a Hot_Bid interview; which we know isn't a reliable means of determining one's personality.


I mean, even on stage in real interviews she was the "one word answers" type and was barely audible

Yeah but she changed, she said it herself in interviews. Also being unnaturaly shy is "personality". It's answering like a machine and not showing emotion that is considered "faceless".


I don't really get what "faceless" means. Many say for example Inno is a faceless Korean but for me if you watch/read his interviews he conveys his personality really well: he cares only about the game, about being good, about winning, he doesn't provoke other players, he doesn't care about ceremonies or Twitter drama, he's not an attention whore. So what does faceless mean? Not being a clown, cocky or circlejerky?

(ib4 GumBa says Inno is not at all like I described him and makes me look super silly.)

That. And Inno has a shy and awkward side to him it's super qt. Also a baller singer and the 3 times I have met him he has been very nice
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 15 2014 15:23 GMT
#7393
On October 16 2014 00:21 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:20 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:16 Silvana wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:10 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:08 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:03 Silvana wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:54 OtherWorld wrote:
[quote]
Hmm I meant that Snute's fanbase is small and non-intolerant compared to the ones of Nani, Idra, Scarlett and Stephano, much like VortiX


Oh sorry I misread what you said. Snute's fanbase is a lot less rabid it seems usually, though they were pretty loud when he was beating Flash (but that was justified). I wouldn't call his fanbase small though. And if it's an issue of personality, does Scarlett have much of that or is it just the "girl appeal"


She's shy just as the next Korean so don't tell me the bias comes from "personality" ^^ I don't think being a girl has anything to do with it either tho. It's just the foreigner thing imo.


I wasn't around the scene then, but when she first started winning wasn't she the most shy, painfully awkward person ever? Her personality should have been detrimental really


I think that people got that impression after a Hot_Bid interview; which we know isn't a reliable means of determining one's personality.


I mean, even on stage in real interviews she was the "one word answers" type and was barely audible

Yeah but she changed, she said it herself in interviews. Also being unnaturaly shy is "personality". It's answering like a machine and not showing emotion that is considered "faceless".


I don't really get what "faceless" means. Many say for example Inno is a faceless Korean but for me if you watch/read his interviews he conveys his personality really well: he cares only about the game, about being good, about winning, he doesn't provoke other players, he doesn't care about ceremonies or Twitter drama, he's not an attention whore. So what does faceless mean? Not being a clown, cocky or circlejerky?

(ib4 GumBa says Inno is not at all like I described him and makes me look super silly.)

Pretty much that, except you can add just having charisma to the list (Zest^^)
I'm not saying "faceless" is a legitimate concept, it's obviously dumb and false. But you can't deny that when you compare, say, Bomber winnning WCS Season 2 2013 and, say, Stephano dancing after winning an MLG or MC winning a game or even Flash winning IEM Toronto, you clearly have a difference in expressed emotions. That's what makes the difference in "level of facelessness" for (dumb) people, and what makes popularity.


You can't deny that it's better to see a player running around and visibly super excited after a big win that a players like Taeja who is just kind of smiling as is like "yes I just won" after.

Better? I don't know. Better for the viewers, for sure. But not expressing feelings can also create a public image of you
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-15 15:24:23
October 15 2014 15:24 GMT
#7394
On October 16 2014 00:20 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:16 Silvana wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:10 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:08 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:03 Silvana wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:54 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
[quote]

Snute going to a lot of tournaments compared to Vortix (and anyone really) has a lot to do with that too

Hmm I meant that Snute's fanbase is small and non-intolerant compared to the ones of Nani, Idra, Scarlett and Stephano, much like VortiX


Oh sorry I misread what you said. Snute's fanbase is a lot less rabid it seems usually, though they were pretty loud when he was beating Flash (but that was justified). I wouldn't call his fanbase small though. And if it's an issue of personality, does Scarlett have much of that or is it just the "girl appeal"


She's shy just as the next Korean so don't tell me the bias comes from "personality" ^^ I don't think being a girl has anything to do with it either tho. It's just the foreigner thing imo.


I wasn't around the scene then, but when she first started winning wasn't she the most shy, painfully awkward person ever? Her personality should have been detrimental really


I think that people got that impression after a Hot_Bid interview; which we know isn't a reliable means of determining one's personality.


I mean, even on stage in real interviews she was the "one word answers" type and was barely audible

Yeah but she changed, she said it herself in interviews. Also being unnaturaly shy is "personality". It's answering like a machine and not showing emotion that is considered "faceless".


I don't really get what "faceless" means. Many say for example Inno is a faceless Korean but for me if you watch/read his interviews he conveys his personality really well: he cares only about the game, about being good, about winning, he doesn't provoke other players, he doesn't care about ceremonies or Twitter drama, he's not an attention whore. So what does faceless mean? Not being a clown, cocky or circlejerky?

(ib4 GumBa says Inno is not at all like I described him and makes me look super silly.)

Pretty much that, except you can add just having charisma to the list (Zest^^)
I'm not saying "faceless" is a legitimate concept, it's obviously dumb and false. But you can't deny that when you compare, say, Bomber winnning WCS Season 2 2013 and, say, Stephano dancing after winning an MLG or MC winning a game or even Flash winning IEM Toronto, you clearly have a difference in expressed emotions. That's what makes the difference in "level of facelessness" for (dumb) people, and what makes popularity.


Well I've seen people call Zest a "faceless Protoss Proleague hero". I wanted to hire a plane to smoke-draw a facepalm in the sky.
I guess I should just ignore all posts with the word "faceless" in it ^^
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
October 15 2014 15:24 GMT
#7395
On October 16 2014 00:21 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:20 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:16 Silvana wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:10 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:08 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:03 Silvana wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:54 OtherWorld wrote:
[quote]
Hmm I meant that Snute's fanbase is small and non-intolerant compared to the ones of Nani, Idra, Scarlett and Stephano, much like VortiX


Oh sorry I misread what you said. Snute's fanbase is a lot less rabid it seems usually, though they were pretty loud when he was beating Flash (but that was justified). I wouldn't call his fanbase small though. And if it's an issue of personality, does Scarlett have much of that or is it just the "girl appeal"


She's shy just as the next Korean so don't tell me the bias comes from "personality" ^^ I don't think being a girl has anything to do with it either tho. It's just the foreigner thing imo.


I wasn't around the scene then, but when she first started winning wasn't she the most shy, painfully awkward person ever? Her personality should have been detrimental really


I think that people got that impression after a Hot_Bid interview; which we know isn't a reliable means of determining one's personality.


I mean, even on stage in real interviews she was the "one word answers" type and was barely audible

Yeah but she changed, she said it herself in interviews. Also being unnaturaly shy is "personality". It's answering like a machine and not showing emotion that is considered "faceless".


I don't really get what "faceless" means. Many say for example Inno is a faceless Korean but for me if you watch/read his interviews he conveys his personality really well: he cares only about the game, about being good, about winning, he doesn't provoke other players, he doesn't care about ceremonies or Twitter drama, he's not an attention whore. So what does faceless mean? Not being a clown, cocky or circlejerky?

(ib4 GumBa says Inno is not at all like I described him and makes me look super silly.)

Pretty much that, except you can add just having charisma to the list (Zest^^)
I'm not saying "faceless" is a legitimate concept, it's obviously dumb and false. But you can't deny that when you compare, say, Bomber winnning WCS Season 2 2013 and, say, Stephano dancing after winning an MLG or MC winning a game or even Flash winning IEM Toronto, you clearly have a difference in expressed emotions. That's what makes the difference in "level of facelessness" for (dumb) people, and what makes popularity.


You can't deny that it's better to see a player running around and visibly super excited after a big win that a players like Taeja who is just kind of smiling as is like "yes I just won" after.

For Taeja winning is kinda boring now. I guess
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-15 15:25:07
October 15 2014 15:24 GMT
#7396
On October 16 2014 00:21 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:

You can't deny that it's better to see a player running around and visibly super excited after a big win that a players like Taeja who is just kind of smiling as is like "yes I just won" after.

TaeJa has a nice smile though
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 15 2014 15:24 GMT
#7397
On October 16 2014 00:22 GumBa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:16 Silvana wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:10 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:08 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:03 Silvana wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:54 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
[quote]

Snute going to a lot of tournaments compared to Vortix (and anyone really) has a lot to do with that too

Hmm I meant that Snute's fanbase is small and non-intolerant compared to the ones of Nani, Idra, Scarlett and Stephano, much like VortiX


Oh sorry I misread what you said. Snute's fanbase is a lot less rabid it seems usually, though they were pretty loud when he was beating Flash (but that was justified). I wouldn't call his fanbase small though. And if it's an issue of personality, does Scarlett have much of that or is it just the "girl appeal"


She's shy just as the next Korean so don't tell me the bias comes from "personality" ^^ I don't think being a girl has anything to do with it either tho. It's just the foreigner thing imo.


I wasn't around the scene then, but when she first started winning wasn't she the most shy, painfully awkward person ever? Her personality should have been detrimental really


I think that people got that impression after a Hot_Bid interview; which we know isn't a reliable means of determining one's personality.


I mean, even on stage in real interviews she was the "one word answers" type and was barely audible

Yeah but she changed, she said it herself in interviews. Also being unnaturaly shy is "personality". It's answering like a machine and not showing emotion that is considered "faceless".


I don't really get what "faceless" means. Many say for example Inno is a faceless Korean but for me if you watch/read his interviews he conveys his personality really well: he cares only about the game, about being good, about winning, he doesn't provoke other players, he doesn't care about ceremonies or Twitter drama, he's not an attention whore. So what does faceless mean? Not being a clown, cocky or circlejerky?

(ib4 GumBa says Inno is not at all like I described him and makes me look super silly.)

That. And Inno has a shy and awkward side to him it's super qt. Also a baller singer and the 3 times I have met him he has been very nice


When Innovation sings, does it come out autotuned?
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Pyloss
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1515 Posts
October 15 2014 15:24 GMT
#7398
Wait...did you guys doupled this threads pages in 1 day?

You are crazy.
<3 sOs, Parting, Mana, Honor, TaKe, Mcanning<3
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 15 2014 15:25 GMT
#7399
On October 16 2014 00:24 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:20 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:16 Silvana wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:10 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:08 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:03 Silvana wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 15 2014 23:54 OtherWorld wrote:
[quote]
Hmm I meant that Snute's fanbase is small and non-intolerant compared to the ones of Nani, Idra, Scarlett and Stephano, much like VortiX


Oh sorry I misread what you said. Snute's fanbase is a lot less rabid it seems usually, though they were pretty loud when he was beating Flash (but that was justified). I wouldn't call his fanbase small though. And if it's an issue of personality, does Scarlett have much of that or is it just the "girl appeal"


She's shy just as the next Korean so don't tell me the bias comes from "personality" ^^ I don't think being a girl has anything to do with it either tho. It's just the foreigner thing imo.


I wasn't around the scene then, but when she first started winning wasn't she the most shy, painfully awkward person ever? Her personality should have been detrimental really


I think that people got that impression after a Hot_Bid interview; which we know isn't a reliable means of determining one's personality.


I mean, even on stage in real interviews she was the "one word answers" type and was barely audible

Yeah but she changed, she said it herself in interviews. Also being unnaturaly shy is "personality". It's answering like a machine and not showing emotion that is considered "faceless".


I don't really get what "faceless" means. Many say for example Inno is a faceless Korean but for me if you watch/read his interviews he conveys his personality really well: he cares only about the game, about being good, about winning, he doesn't provoke other players, he doesn't care about ceremonies or Twitter drama, he's not an attention whore. So what does faceless mean? Not being a clown, cocky or circlejerky?

(ib4 GumBa says Inno is not at all like I described him and makes me look super silly.)

Pretty much that, except you can add just having charisma to the list (Zest^^)
I'm not saying "faceless" is a legitimate concept, it's obviously dumb and false. But you can't deny that when you compare, say, Bomber winnning WCS Season 2 2013 and, say, Stephano dancing after winning an MLG or MC winning a game or even Flash winning IEM Toronto, you clearly have a difference in expressed emotions. That's what makes the difference in "level of facelessness" for (dumb) people, and what makes popularity.


Well I've seen people call Zest a "faceless Protoss Proleague hero". I wanted to hire a plane to smoke-draw a facepalm in the sky.
I guess I should just ignore all posts with the word "faceless" in it ^^

There'll always be people saying shit on players for any reason. Most people don't consider Zest as faceless (at least I'm pretty sure of it)
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 15 2014 15:25 GMT
#7400
On October 16 2014 00:21 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 00:20 Shellshock wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:15 The_Templar wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:14 Shellshock wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:12 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:09 Shellshock wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:07 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:06 Lorning wrote:
On October 16 2014 00:05 GumBa wrote:
[quote]
Easier time period. And jinro is a legend for that

I hate it when people bring that up. Everyone was worse


I love the icon by the way. One of the few times I can say to people "my icon can beat up your icon."

I got my BC icon back earlier today, but it changed again after I got more powers :x

would you say that you're overpowered?

I would

User was warned for this post

Wait what banlings can be warned?

I have been warned more times since becoming a banling than before

How many of those warnings were in jest?


+ Show Spoiler +
This is a Warning!
Fuck you bro
Show nested quote +
Kbb loves episode 1



This is a Warning!
No one wants to see you either
Show nested quote +
why is Life on the main stage? no one wants to see it



This is a Warning!
Three
Show nested quote +
Show nested quote +
I've gained 2 mod notes since becoming a banling



This is a Warning!
Please put some effort into your posts. One word replies and other low content posts are not appreciated here.
Show nested quote +
Show nested quote +
Ogre Magi too kawaii desu desu ~~



This is a Warning!
Don't call me a nazi


This is a Warning!

Show nested quote +
Show nested quote +
would you say that you're overpowered?
I would

Balance whine in LR


I'll leave out mod names for their protection

I've never gotten a mod warning saying "fuck you". Harsh

it did have a after it but I didn't think about that when I was copying them
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Prev 1 368 369 370 371 372 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings120
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 178
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 417
hero 350
BeSt 251
sorry 60
Mind 33
Bale 22
Terrorterran 21
ZergMaN 13
Noble 9
yabsab 9
[ Show more ]
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1072
League of Legends
JimRising 696
Counter-Strike
taco 385
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King143
Other Games
summit1g9353
Maynarde207
ArmadaUGS45
Livibee6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH346
• practicex 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2219
League of Legends
• Rush1266
• Stunt437
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 18m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.