• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:41
CEST 23:41
KST 06:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6541 users

The SpunXtain Fanclub 3.0

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
NotSpunXtainEither
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia4 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-08 09:32:26
November 08 2012 09:22 GMT
#1
After popular demand, SpunXtain has returned from retirement and is back on the NA/SEA ladders tearing up opponents in the Master League division. This fanclub is designed as a place for the fans to meet and greet, share stories, and keep track on his progress in up and coming tournaments.

View his recent INTERVIEW here!

+ Show Spoiler +
Thanks for the support guys, SpunXtain's account had a fatal error and can't be used anymore, so he can't post in this fanclub anymore, but I had an interview with him recently:

Hi! Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Hey guys, I'm SpunXtain. I'm a Terran player on the NA ladder, cheer for me!

Excellent. The community has been excited for your return for some time now, with a number of people speculating that a 'second coming' was inevitable. What's your training schedule like at the moment?

I took a hiatus for about 6-9 months, so I'm a bit out of form. Currently my training schedule includes primarily 1v1 obs maps, in which I have accumulated 510 points on the ladder and have an overall winning rate of around 65%. This is a very high rate, as anyone holding over 60% in each matchup is considered well on their way to becoming a Bonjwa. Those aren’t my words though, I still think MVP, Nestea, MKP, MC and Rain are the only Bonjwas of sc2 so far. I hope I’ll be there with them one day. Currently I'm still focused on completing my studies, but hopefully I'll be able to increase my training load in the coming months.

That's great to hear. Can you tell us more about your build on Scrap Station, and how Blizzard ultimately nerfed Terran as a result?

Well I came up with that build during a bath one day actually. As a sat in the water, it rose up and overflowed from the bath, and I realised that a proxy 3rax strategy would catch people off guard if they thought I had moved to an island base and were teching to air. This ultimately lead to the balance nerf by Blizzard, in which barracks could no longer be built without a supply depot first, because the strategy was so powerful. This effectively increased the rush time required, and powered down the strength of the build. (P.S. Sorry other Terrans >_<)

Terran then went on to receive a number of additional balance nerfs, do you think these were related to your play as well?

Haha, well I'm a modest man, so I would never admit that. But others have speculated, I am sure.

A gentleman and a scholar, good sir. It is great to see a player of your calibre still keep in touch with the everyday players in diamond league and below. And yes, I can confirm that these speculations have been indeed been made.
Now, above all else, what many members of the club have wondered is “How long will he last this time?” It is no mystery that your rival, Plexa, won the last battle in a bo3, and some have speculated that this was your reason for temporary retirement. We had a recent interview with him as well, have you seen it? Do you have any words for him?


Plexa and I are actually good friends off the battlefield, and we have shared a number of heart-filled moments in personal messages on TeamLiquid.net. I saw your interview with Plexa, and was a little hurt. Sometimes we don’t see eye-to-eye on every issue, but on the whole we both respect each other a lot and I know that when we have that inevitable rematch, it’ll be one for the ages. ^^;

Marvellous, truly marvellous. It’s been an honour to interview you, and actually myself and Tastosis were both quite excited to be interviewing you. It actually came down to a rock-paper-scissors battle between myself and Artosis to interview you, which I managed to best him 3-1. I know they are jealous at the moment, and surely they would be experiencing massive nerdchills at this moment.

Congratulations on your win. I’m glad I could make a dream come true, and if Tastosis wish to have an interview at some point I’ll try to make time in my busy training schedule.

Indeed, I’m sure someone will let them know. Well it's been great talking to you, thanks for providing a brief update. Any additonal comments for the fans?

Thanks for cheering for me guys, and I'll be looking to carry the foreigner hope in upcoming tournaments that I make. Always believe in yourselves, we can all achieve greatness, and I hope I have inspired some of you in this fashion. Best wishes!


Interview with Plexa: On Balance, Liquid in HoTS and more.

+ Show Spoiler +
Hello Plexa, thanks for taking the time to speak with us today. First of all, what are your musings on Heart of the Swarm? How do you think the SEA competition is stacking up?

I’ve not had the time to play any myself, except for a little bit, and my opinion is that infestors are still an overpowered unit as they were in Wings of Liberty. The SEA competition is stacking up well, players like SpunXtain are rising through the ranks, although I do not think he is very good. TeamLiquid is good.

Indeed, indeed. We interviewed SpunXtain recently as well, I know you are an administrative member of the fan club. Do you have anything else you’d like to tell your fans?

No.


Members List:

+ Show Spoiler +

Plexa
SpunXtain03 - "Looking forward to see some progress. Goodluck, signed."
NotSpunXtainEither
Plexa
Azera - "But but but I (...) a fan."
Jaaaaasper
monk. - "wow, sign me up!"
Praetorial - "you again"
Gmarshal



Inventor of many builds, such as the Proxy Barracks / Proxy Base TvP strategy, and long time ghost-aficionado, SpunXtain is an up and coming Masters level player on the NA and SEA servers.

This is the famous Community Spotlight video from ForceSC2 that shows players his unique build order on Scrap Station! (2010).



Fans may also have seen his epic Best of 3 against community shoutcaster MaximusBlack,





Links to various other community spotlights can be found below.

+ Show Spoiler +








SpunXtain has competed in the UQ Kage tournaments in Brisbane, Australia and placed 1st and 2nd at each. He was also a widely revered clan member and leader of the now disbanded Clan eXodus, and past administrator of the now closed community site D2DGamer.

In the weekly Clan Exodus tournaments of 2011, SpunXtain was acknowledged as one of the most prodigous talents to arise from the pool of regular players. In Season One, he finished with in third place with 3 gold, 2 silver, and 7 bronze medals (finishing behind Sideni and Daddy).

In Season 2, he was the only Terran to win a tournament (due to unresolved balance issues on Blizzard's end), finishing again in third place with 3 gold, 6 silver, and 1 bronze from the season (behind Daddy and DocCoaster).


After a lengthy hiatus, SpunXtain will be returning to the scene and looking to place well in various self-managed and partly-imagined tournaments, before eventually hoping to win a major tournament. I hope you all enjoy this post as much as I do, and will follow SpunXtain on his journey to greatness. Thankyou!
NotSpunXtainEither
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia4 Posts
November 08 2012 09:28 GMT
#2
Thanks guys to all our previous fans who've joined over from the SpunXtain Fan Club 2.0, which had some temporary issues.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 167
Nina 96
SpeCial 64
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 160
firebathero 81
910 38
NaDa 33
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 803
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0183
PPMD55
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9678
Liquid`Hasu1733
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g6829
Liquid`RaSZi5821
Beastyqt734
shahzam504
B2W.Neo214
Pyrionflax179
JimRising 148
KnowMe139
ArmadaUGS98
ZombieGrub78
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream346
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 63
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• Eskiya23 20
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV540
League of Legends
• TFBlade1062
Other Games
• imaqtpie1148
• Shiphtur248
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.