• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:45
CEST 08:45
KST 15:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8548 users

tl fan let down

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
foxfire
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States32 Posts
December 07 2010 04:32 GMT
#1
the admins have closed the scii tourneys thread I started, I thought, a pretty nice midlevel tournament.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=174449

I recently posted a thread to maintain a weekly tournament. After explaining the situation and trying my best to try an idea i had for a fun tournament series, it was discredited and closed. The admins do not seem to communicate, as I had explained that I had a license from blizzard esports to hold $5 buyin tourneys.

Now the admins will not return my pms. I cancelled the scii tourney - 2, because there were not enough signups. scii tourney - 3 is still registering and will be played if there are enough signups (32). hopefully the scii tourneys thread will get opened back up so I can continue to post updates there.

I don't mean to seem spiteful,, but I feel like it's something I should bring up. Am I one of the only noobs to receive this kind of treatment? I realize the tl admins get all stimmed when they pull power plays like this, but can I please have a chance to keep scii tourneys going?

Sincerely,

Foxfire
cas
Crais
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2136 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-07 04:37:23
December 07 2010 04:34 GMT
#2
Because going about things this way will help oh so much.
Edit: Just because you have a license from bliz doesn't mean you get a free reign to do buy in tourneys. I think their main issue is that you are an unknown member of the community. Buy in tournaments + unknown member of community = potential for disaster.
RIP MBC Game Hero
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
December 07 2010 04:35 GMT
#3
whats a "challonge"?
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
December 07 2010 04:36 GMT
#4
On December 07 2010 13:32 foxfire wrote:
I realize the tl admins get all stimmed when they pull power plays like this, but can I please have a chance to keep scii tourneys going?


Don't BM our admins. They do so much for teamliquid.

And just wait till they reply to your PMs. How long did you wait after PMing them?
TL+ Member
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
December 07 2010 04:36 GMT
#5
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=86434
Heres where u wanna go.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
December 07 2010 04:37 GMT
#6
The why was my thread closed topic.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
bbq ftw
Profile Joined September 2010
United States139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-07 04:46:01
December 07 2010 04:38 GMT
#7
Look at this logically:

-Unprofessional OP.
-What I assume is little name recognition among the community.
-Has a buy-in.

I'd be lying if I said this didn't trigger my internal fishy meter (and I kill fake bank sites as a side hobby, so I'd like to think my senses with regard to fishiness are pretty refined).

Now one of the more endearing things about TL is that its a high-class outfit. And your tourney, to put it nicely, doesn't pass the smell test (again, especially if you're going to demand a buyin).

EDIT: Holy shit, I didn't notice this on your web site:

"This tourney is for players who are in platinum league or below."

Now, I don't want to get in trouble for meme-ness but this really deserves an...O RLY?

EDIT2: 32*$5 = $160 - $150 = $10, yes, arguably you could make a case for being compensated for your tournament running efforts, but having little to zero name/trustworthiness capital turns it into a truly bad idea.
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
December 07 2010 04:38 GMT
#8
--- Nuked ---
TadH
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1846 Posts
December 07 2010 04:39 GMT
#9
On December 07 2010 13:38 stormtemplar wrote:
He closed your thread because you need a tournament licence from blizzard. Now you should really be less insulting of the mods, posts like this get people banned.



Did you read his post? He HAS a license, or so he claims.

I might sign up lol
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
December 07 2010 04:41 GMT
#10
--- Nuked ---
foxfire
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States32 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-07 04:50:07
December 07 2010 04:45 GMT
#11
Thanks, I posted in the "whyd you close my thread?" thread.

I DO have a license that let's me charge $5 per entry.

it will be free, though, once I get some sponsors lined up.

As far as fishy, bbq, if you can't tell this is legit, you need to rethink your side career.

foxfire
cas
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
December 07 2010 04:46 GMT
#12
have you tried taking hostages?
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
December 07 2010 04:48 GMT
#13
On December 07 2010 13:46 Coagulation wrote:
have you tried taking hostages?


wouldn't you know all about it
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
December 07 2010 04:48 GMT
#14
On December 07 2010 13:46 Coagulation wrote:
have you tried taking hostages?


doesn't work, manifesto is too good man
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
December 07 2010 04:49 GMT
#15
You have a very one sided view of this situation. Painting TL staff in a negative light when your tournament does not meet minimum requirements is not a good way to rally support. Try identifying reasons why you're receiving this kind of treatment other than TL staff being cruel.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
December 07 2010 04:50 GMT
#16
This is the worst way to deal with moderation here. We have a thread called the "Why was my thread closed" topic. It would be more appropriate to post there. Firstly, you should PM the moderator / administrator directly. I see you say he isn't answering your messages. Well we have a thread called "TL Roster" where you can find other staff to PM about it.

Now, the way your thread is written makes me believe you put about 20 seconds worth of effort into setting this up, which also leads me to believe you don't have a license from Blizzard. A first step would be proving that you actually have it.
Moderator
Suspense
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States500 Posts
December 07 2010 04:50 GMT
#17
On December 07 2010 13:45 foxfire wrote:
Thanks, I posted in the "whyd you close my thread?" thread.

I DO have a license.

it will be free once I get some sponsors lined up.

As far as fishy, bbq, if you can't tell this is legit, you need to rethink your side career.

foxfire


Well honestly the fact there are many typo's, improper grammar and punctuation and an overall amateur look to the website, it doesn't seem legit. Sorry.Not saying it's a scam, but saying it doesn't seem official at all.
Call me Mr. Tripped-Fell-Landed-On-1-A
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft741
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 692
Stork 305
ggaemo 300
Leta 231
PianO 71
ZergMaN 29
Hyuk 29
yabsab 22
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
League of Legends
JimRising 353
Reynor61
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King206
Westballz40
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor712
Other Games
summit1g9947
C9.Mang0269
PiGStarcraft171
Sick148
ArmadaUGS67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick608
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2298
League of Legends
• Lourlo1340
• Stunt487
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 15m
Online Event
4h 15m
FEL
9h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.