• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:23
CEST 17:23
KST 00:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8696 users

Bliz warming up the pimp hand? - Page 5

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Konsume
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada466 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-23 20:39:31
August 23 2010 20:39 GMT
#81
I personaly own a G15 and a G9. Macro Keybord and Macro mouse...

I don't use the macro part of the gears... but I still haven't been banned with all the recent drivers... aka programs!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Fodder03
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada142 Posts
August 23 2010 20:46 GMT
#82
So... i use a microsoft sidewinder mouse and i rebound one of the mouse buttons to backspace (toggle through town halls)... can i get banned for this?!
DreXxiN
Profile Joined July 2010
United States494 Posts
August 23 2010 20:47 GMT
#83
Just play with default hotkeys and you'll be fine..only thing I want changed is the map location keys to F2,F3,F4.

And people saying they want to macro "gl, hf, gg" make me gag. lol really? ><
PokePill
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-23 20:55:37
August 23 2010 20:52 GMT
#84
This is fake
-Poster registered on the site 10 days ago
-Posted claims to be 81-45 (gold league)
-Poster makes "I need help" threads at 81-45
-I checked hacking sites and people haven't even been banned for anything.
zax
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2 Posts
August 23 2010 20:53 GMT
#85
On August 24 2010 05:46 Fodder03 wrote:
So... i use a microsoft sidewinder mouse and i rebound one of the mouse buttons to backspace (toggle through town halls)... can i get banned for this?!


I seem to remember seeing a blue some time ago mention that 1 to 1 rebind macros are fine. I do the same with having a different profile so my build worker key is the same for each race.
MadZ
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark111 Posts
August 23 2010 20:57 GMT
#86
this is fake blizz always gives a warning or temt ban first...
ZomgTossRush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1041 Posts
August 23 2010 21:01 GMT
#87
On August 24 2010 05:52 PokePill wrote:
This is fake
-Poster registered on the site 10 days ago
-Posted claims to be 81-45 (gold league)
-Poster makes "I need help" threads at 81-45
-I checked hacking sites and people haven't even been banned for anything.



how does any of this prove he is lying? The only evidence that would be worth sharing is the last fact, and that just makes me suspicious of you.
Coaching for 1v1 and Team games at Gosucoaching.com
MiyaviTeddy
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada697 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-23 21:02:26
August 23 2010 21:02 GMT
#88
pics or didn't happen

is all I'm saying. All I see is a bunch of text of what transpired but things just seem a bit fishy and well, wheres the proof?
Aiyeeeee
Drteeth
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Great Britain415 Posts
August 23 2010 21:03 GMT
#89
I don't believe it for one minute!

Why anyone would make up this garbage is beyond me though ....

Is that a Troll under the bridge I see?
Nice cheese ....GG!
adi1133
Profile Joined June 2010
Romania109 Posts
August 23 2010 21:03 GMT
#90
this needs to be locked, it has no proof and its negative fear for the sc2 community
Old School > New School
Me1234
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany219 Posts
August 23 2010 21:05 GMT
#91
I bet its a fake or he had some other programs on his pc
Uhm?
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
August 23 2010 21:09 GMT
#92
I wish they would start banning everyone programming macro functions into their keyboards or mice. Gaming is so full of cheating, hacking, and abusing because communities have such relaxed attitudes about it. But yeah this single instance of banning, even if true, doesn't mean anything has changed about Blizzard or it's policies on these things. We need more data before speculating.
Misanthrope
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States924 Posts
August 23 2010 21:09 GMT
#93
I always hated all those people using macros. Good they get treated like any other cheater.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. - Benjamin Franklin
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
August 23 2010 21:13 GMT
#94
On August 24 2010 04:04 mahnini wrote:
pretty awesome if that's true. kind of doubt blizzard would ban macros without warning though seeing as how they endorse macro keyboards for WoW and such.

I agree, but WoW is mostly PvE and they have a /macro feature for WoW(which is kinda complicated too btw)

They just need to also take this approach for hackers
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
bulge
Profile Joined July 2010
161 Posts
August 23 2010 21:16 GMT
#95
macros won't get you banned. blizzard has and always will have much worse problems than people putting 3 keystrokes into 1.

people that say they got banned for macroing usually did worse
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
August 23 2010 21:22 GMT
#96
I just came a little in my pants.
Merikh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States918 Posts
August 23 2010 21:27 GMT
#97
I just emailed blizzard:

[image loading]
G4MR | I mod day9, djwheat and GLHF's stream
Easy772
Profile Joined May 2010
374 Posts
August 23 2010 21:27 GMT
#98
wait a second.. I have a G19 keyboard!!!! I'm not using any macros though.. Can I still be banned?
"The best way to improve is to play one matchup on one map doing one strategy.. if you are good at one strategy you are a good player, if you are okay at many strategies you are an okay player at best" -Day[9] 181
SpaceYeti
Profile Joined June 2010
United States723 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-23 21:28:49
August 23 2010 21:27 GMT
#99
I support banning for macro use.

my only question is, if you use a device that makes macros possible, but you don't use the macros, will they ban you on a false positive? That would seriously piss me off. I use both a Razer Naga and a Belkin n52te, which both have macro capabilities, but I don't use that feature. I hope they don't just check your hardware type and say, "oh! here's a cheater! Ban."

EDIT: I suppose I should read more than just the OP. Thanks for checking up on this guys! :D
Behavior is a function of its consequences.
DuneBug
Profile Joined April 2010
United States668 Posts
August 23 2010 21:28 GMT
#100
Regardless of the truth, banning people for using a macro keyboard while not banning others from a sponsored or endorsed keyboard is an antitrust issue. You're clearly leveraging your product to keep others out of the market.

So I doubt they'd let that fly.
TIME TO SAY GOODNIGHT BRO!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 688
ComeBackTV 412
SteadfastSC382
Rex116
CosmosSc2 49
EnkiAlexander 47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 382
ProTech134
Rex 116
CosmosSc2 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43865
Hyuk 1157
Jaedong 1086
Soma 847
Mini 619
Horang2 555
EffOrt 477
BeSt 440
Larva 431
Soulkey 379
[ Show more ]
ZerO 292
Rush 279
Stork 264
Last 246
Snow 229
ggaemo 208
hero 79
Mind 65
Killer 47
Free 46
Sharp 34
Shinee 32
sorry 26
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 24
Terrorterran 22
Bale 22
yabsab 19
Liquid`Ret 18
Trap 17
Rock 16
HiyA 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8575
qojqva1323
Dendi742
Counter-Strike
x6flipin875
Fnx 774
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2330
Khaldor1865
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2884
singsing2094
hiko881
B2W.Neo863
byalli426
Liquid`VortiX180
KnowMe123
QueenE80
Mew2King76
Trikslyr33
ZerO(Twitch)16
Railgan15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 8
• FirePhoenix2
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2370
League of Legends
• Nemesis1817
• Jankos1160
• TFBlade832
Other Games
• Shiphtur294
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 37m
OSC
21h 37m
Stellar Fest
21h 37m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.