• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:09
CEST 09:09
KST 16:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6742 users

ESWC Masters Cheonan - Day 2 - Page 2

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 18:43:15
May 03 2009 18:29 GMT
#21
That video is taking a decade to load.

Yeah, not even worth the wait. 20min and video isn't anywhere finished.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Elric
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom1327 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 19:28:20
May 03 2009 19:01 GMT
#22
For those that can't be arsed to wait for the 6 hour download (lol i wouldn't wait on it..)...
This is my own scrappy translation of the interesting things she said (not too many). The Korean interviewer actually didn't translate a few things she said so here it is...

+ Show Spoiler [from page 1] +

List of foreigners Tossgirl says she has heard of..

- PJ
- Mondragon
- Draco
- White ra
- Idra / Super
- Android
- not exhaustive of course.. just who she could think of

She praises all of them, especially Mondragon and White (Mondragon she heard is very good and she thinks White plays well. [suggests she has watched him/or his replays])^^. Like in the fomos interview, she says that she doesn't play with foreigners much anymore so she her knowledge is a bit rusty. Shes also a bit confused over which countries they are from. Also, she says that her korean (progamer) friends know many foreigners.

Most importantly the last question in the interview was whether Tossgirl has a boyfriend or someone she meets often. She says (roughly lol): "Well I don't know much about foreigner players, but Korean players have no time because of the competition. So apart from one I had when I was a student, there hasn't really been anyone else. When I retire, I'll meet someone, right? (laugh). Anyway, now I really like gaming so I have no interest and no time for these things... "

Interviewer goes on to say that in Russia all the fans love her. Collecting her photos and watching all her games etc. Tossgirl says: "I'm really happy (to hear that)!. I really didn't know that foreigners have such an interest in me so it makes me really happy to hear that [huh really?]. I think the most important thing to being a progamer, more important than fame is one's results. Recently, I've not had results so... in the future because of foreigner fans like these I will work hard and get good results.



Seo Ji Su Fighting.
food
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1951 Posts
May 03 2009 19:03 GMT
#23
hahaha god he should never try using english again
Can someone ban this guy please? FA?
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
May 03 2009 19:11 GMT
#24
whitera > tossgirl PLEASE!
pR0gR4m3R
Profile Joined February 2008
Spain1446 Posts
May 03 2009 19:13 GMT
#25
Time left for game start??
StarCraft-ESP.com Admin - Spanish StarCraft Community
FirstBorn
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Romania3955 Posts
May 03 2009 19:14 GMT
#26
On May 04 2009 04:11 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
whitera > tossgirl PLEASE!


I've been actually talking with my buddies on how cool that would be. And I do have the faith White-Ra call pull it off.
SonuvBob: Yes, the majority of TL is college-aged, and thus clearly stupid.
koOl
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada254 Posts
May 03 2009 19:18 GMT
#27
omg that tossgirl interview is like the slowest loading thing ever...
hihi
ReiKo
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Croatia1023 Posts
May 03 2009 19:51 GMT
#28
Man , those Russian servers...
meathook
Profile Joined December 2007
1289 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 20:56:02
May 03 2009 20:27 GMT
#29
On May 04 2009 04:01 Elric wrote:
For those that can't be arsed to wait for the 6 hour download (lol i wouldn't wait on it..)...
This is my own scrappy translation of the interesting things she said (not too many). The Korean interviewer actually didn't translate a few things she said so here it is...

+ Show Spoiler [from page 1] +

List of foreigners Tossgirl says she has heard of..

- PJ
- Mondragon
- Draco
- White ra
- Idra / Super
- Android
- not exhaustive of course.. just who she could think of

She praises all of them, especially Mondragon and White (Mondragon she heard is very good and she thinks White plays well. [suggests she has watched him/or his replays])^^. Like in the fomos interview, she says that she doesn't play with foreigners much anymore so she her knowledge is a bit rusty. Shes also a bit confused over which countries they are from. Also, she says that her korean (progamer) friends know many foreigners.

Most importantly the last question in the interview was whether Tossgirl has a boyfriend or someone she meets often. She says (roughly lol): "Well I don't know much about foreigner players, but Korean players have no time because of the competition. So apart from one I had when I was a student, there hasn't really been anyone else. When I retire, I'll meet someone, right? (laugh). Anyway, now I really like gaming so I have no interest and no time for these things... "

Interviewer goes on to say that in Russia all the fans love her. Collecting her photos and watching all her games etc. Tossgirl says: "I'm really happy (to hear that)!. I really didn't know that foreigners have such an interest in me so it makes me really happy to hear that [huh really?]. I think the most important thing to being a progamer, more important than fame is one's results. Recently, I've not had results so... in the future because of foreigner fans like these I will work hard and get good results.



Seo Ji Su Fighting.

And more importantly, Bruce's comment at the end (when he gives the camera to the translator and stands next to Tossgirl) has not been translated:
"We have had some wine already, guys, and she won't be leaving anytime soon."

[He was joking of course]

For those complaining about "Russian servers", it is not Russian servers that is the problem. Don't be stupid ffs. It is the GOODGAME.RU server that has limited bandwidth. I d/l frequently from igamecentral.ru and other renown Russian sites and often get 1+MB/s d/l speed.

Anyway, if there is anyone interested, I have d/led the three White-ra vs Idra games and can Rapidshit them if there is demand. The quality is a bit lacking sadly.. but I can't imagine you guys will be listening to the commentary anyway.

EDIT: Actually, I just saw that someone at repsru had already done what I was planning in the post above. Here are their links:

ESWC games, interviews and some bullshit in this one: http://files.mail.ru/68U9OV

and.. the now famous tossgirl interview here: http://files.mail.ru/TNQG8G

Just wait for the countdown to finish, then click the little floppy disk that next to the file size.
An ugly planet. A bug planet.
ReiKo
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Croatia1023 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 21:01:09
May 03 2009 20:59 GMT
#30
Yeah, goodgame.ru is Russian server .

btw. I just pointed out that all servers from Russia that I did dl from were very slow. No need to be cocky about it.

I don't know about server that you did provided now (I'm downloading right now, really good speed) is from Russia, but I didn't want to generalise, that was just my observation of experience with Russian,Korean and Chinesse servers. Sorry.

Thanks for sharing.
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
May 03 2009 21:08 GMT
#31
Cool White-Ra never disapoints i hope he wins this tournament and Tossgirl geting 2nd
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Murdoink
Profile Joined March 2009
Chile1219 Posts
May 03 2009 21:08 GMT
#32
Someone gave Tossgirl flowers, that's so nice~
SNARF HWAITING
ReiKo
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Croatia1023 Posts
May 03 2009 21:37 GMT
#33
btw. game : Ra_vs_Idra_1game_coded is asking for specific codec, can't run it under Winamp nor GomPlayer...
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 21:42:28
May 03 2009 21:41 GMT
#34
Thank you very much for making this topic Doso, it's nice to have all of the ESWC results and coverage in one place.

+ Show Spoiler +
It now looks like Super was by far the weakest link in this tournament. IdrA really should have had him 2-0, but threw away a massive lead in the 2set. After watching Super's performance vs. IdrA, the fact that Tossgirl went 2>1 over him is just more confirmation to me that Tossgirl is a weak player. I think IdrA is the heavy favorite over Tossgirl.

White-Ra is the wildcard...I haven't watched his series vs. IdrA but I'm very curious how he won on Chupung-Ryeong. I'm impressed. I think the finals will be a rematch of White-Ra vs. IdrA, and I hope IdrA comes out on top.
✌
Quanticfograw
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States2053 Posts
May 03 2009 21:48 GMT
#35
lol tossgirl so cute
https://twitter.com/quanticfograw
meathook
Profile Joined December 2007
1289 Posts
May 03 2009 21:59 GMT
#36
On May 04 2009 05:59 ReiKo wrote:
Yeah, goodgame.ru is Russian server .

btw. I just pointed out that all servers from Russia that I did dl from were very slow. No need to be cocky about it.

Cocky? You made a comment that was really nor here nor there. An inane generalization and untruth. I told you how it is.

Besides, goodgame.ru is usually not this slow. They seem to have gotten overloaded on the eve of ESWC.

I don't know about server that you did provided now (I'm downloading right now, really good speed) is from Russia,

What? Yes, it is a Russian server.

Thanks for sharing.

NP.

Also, about game one - there is a post by an admin at gg.ru explaining that the server overload is causing their ftp to malfunction and the video has become broken each time he tried to u/l it. They say they will make a new attempt soon, when the load tapers a bit.

+ Show Spoiler +
Ironically, game one is the one game in the series that White-ra lost.
An ugly planet. A bug planet.
ReiKo
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Croatia1023 Posts
May 03 2009 22:12 GMT
#37
Maybe it's not truth, but from my experience it is fact. As I said, I am not generalizing things it was just an experience with those servers, nothing more, nothing less and you take it too serious friend.


I hope 1st game will be up, thanks again.
Hydrolisko
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Vanuatu1659 Posts
May 03 2009 22:46 GMT
#38
o my lord super wtf happened come on
hideo
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1641 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 22:49:32
May 03 2009 22:49 GMT
#39
I think super got shaken up pretty badly by tossgirl's cheesy play.

Maybe he was looking forward to some straight-up play from idra, but got 2 fac'ed in the deciding game.
food
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1951 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-03 23:04:16
May 03 2009 23:03 GMT
#40
On May 04 2009 07:49 hideo wrote:
I think super got shaken up pretty badly by tossgirl's cheesy play.

Maybe he was looking forward to some straight-up play from idra, but got 2 fac'ed in the deciding game.


he got completely destroyed in both game 1 and 2, god knows why idra decided to randomly SUCK and throw away the win. It was a straight up macro play both games. Stop looking for excuses to why idra beat certain gamer. He is just that good.
Can someone ban this guy please? FA?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
NotJumperer 60
Hyun 60
sorry 54
Bale 34
Noble 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto189
League of Legends
JimRising 531
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Other Games
summit1g7413
Coldzera 728
ceh9435
WinterStarcraft418
C9.Mang0291
Sick136
NeuroSwarm91
olofmeister62
ViBE20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Rush1117
• Jankos453
• Stunt381
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 52m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 52m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 52m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.