• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7048 users

EVER OSL 2007 Ro8 Conclusion - Page 54

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54
.dragoon
Profile Joined May 2007
United States749 Posts
December 03 2007 09:50 GMT
#1061
On December 03 2007 08:52 NonY[rC] wrote:
blah blah blah

All in all, Upmagic has his work cut out for him. I think if he made a list of 5 players who he's most afraid to play in a bo5, Jaedong, Stork and Bisu would be on that list :o

I don't think anyone of those players are gonna have an easy time against upmagic than their respective strong suits. Jaedong's probably the only one who poses a significant threat, being the z that he is.
If you can, then do. If I can, I will.
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
December 03 2007 13:11 GMT
#1062
See how you turned all the significant analysis in my post into "blah blah blah" and then just replied to my summarizing conclusion with your own unsupported opinion? That sucks.

Anyway, I'm already agreeing with your first sentence and I'd never suggest someone will have an easy time in the semifinals or finals of a starleague. I don't know what the hell the "than their respective strong suits" is tacked on the end of that sentence for.

As for your second sentence, that's simply ridiculous for the reasons I put in my previous post. What is your reasoning for thinking that Stork and Bisu don't pose a significant threat? Do you realize that you're supposed to have reasons? And what kind of Z is Jaedong? The kind that has gained a good record in the minor leagues and proleague, but is yet unproven on the only stages that matter -- the starleagues?
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
December 04 2007 05:04 GMT
#1063
I think Stork is in a good position to win this OSL.

Bisu is a tough hurdle, but if can beat him, I think he's definitely a favourite against Up or Jaedong.

Bisu's PvT is still a bit of a worry, so I don't think you could confidently tip him to beat Up. He's a special vs Jaedong though. No way he'd lose there.

I'm hoping for Jaedong vs Stork as I think it will be the closest and most exciting series if the game they had earlier in the season is anything to go by.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
December 04 2007 05:09 GMT
#1064
I want Jaedong to win this OSL.

Therefore, I am cheering for Stork to win that half of the bracket.

Though if Jaedong is able to triumph over Bisu in the finals, it would silence those "Oh, he got lucky because he didn't have to face Bisu" fans. Actually, considering what happened after MSL, I think not.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
December 04 2007 05:27 GMT
#1065
If Jaedong was to beat Bisu in the finals I think that would be a bigger shock than when Bisu beat Savior.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Seraphim
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States4467 Posts
December 04 2007 05:31 GMT
#1066
On December 04 2007 14:27 Ace wrote:
If Jaedong was to beat Bisu in the finals I think that would be a bigger shock than when Bisu beat Savior.


No it wouldn't, but it'd still be pretty damn big
Hermes | Bisu[Shield] Fighting~!
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-04 05:34:24
December 04 2007 05:34 GMT
#1067
I want UpMagiC to beat Jaedong with some l33t haxx0r strategy like 4rax firebat into nuke rush, then take out Stork/Bisu with the ShAdOw Ru$h to cement his gosuness.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Aphelion
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States2720 Posts
December 04 2007 05:48 GMT
#1068
On December 03 2007 18:25 oneofthem wrote:
5 game series is too short to reflect ability. it is basiclaly preparatins and luck. execution should be second nature to these guys, lest some situation comes up. tat these situations could come up is then a matter of preparation an dluck again.


No.
But Garimto was always more than just a Protoss...
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
December 04 2007 05:57 GMT
#1069
I want bisu vs upmagic for the finals, and even though Upmagic is pretty much the coolest player next to boxer, I think I have to cheer for Bisu to take it.

It just wouldn't be right for bisu not to get an OSL title. I mean yeah, he can get it next time, but it would feel 'right' if he won it now because of how well he has played in the past year.

Next starleague I'll cheer all out for Upmagic tho
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
.dragoon
Profile Joined May 2007
United States749 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-04 06:22:34
December 04 2007 06:13 GMT
#1070
On December 03 2007 22:11 NonY[rC] wrote:
See how you turned all the significant analysis in my post into "blah blah blah" and then just replied to my summarizing conclusion with your own unsupported opinion? That sucks.

Anyway, I'm already agreeing with your first sentence and I'd never suggest someone will have an easy time in the semifinals or finals of a starleague. I don't know what the hell the "than their respective strong suits" is tacked on the end of that sentence for.

As for your second sentence, that's simply ridiculous for the reasons I put in my previous post. What is your reasoning for thinking that Stork and Bisu don't pose a significant threat? Do you realize that you're supposed to have reasons? And what kind of Z is Jaedong? The kind that has gained a good record in the minor leagues and proleague, but is yet unproven on the only stages that matter -- the starleagues?


I don't like to revisit old posts too much, but looks like I got no choice.

I wouldn't call that post of yours analysis, much less significant. You stated history matter of factly and in a specific instance, presumptuously.

For example, Bisu's PvT, while good, is completely blown out of proportions by the number of bouts between he and Hwasin. Of the lifetime total PvT games Bisu played, a whopping 1/5 was played against Hwasin, who's a modest TvPer. Oh, and getting 0-2ed by Flash is no simple stroke of luck on Flash's part, Bisu helped too. Calling it getting "cheesed to death" is to overlook Bisu's own highly-risky reaver proxy in game 2 which left him wide open to the attack.

So yeah, I'd chip and I'd chip in BIG on Stork's PvT over Bisu's anyday of the year, every year.

Back to topic: "Respective strong suit" is rhetorical enough. UpMagiC's the kind of strategic, free-thinking player to knock out favorites and render statistics irrelevant. He is the definitive dark horse. What I'm saying here is that regardless of these three's respective vT, the best determination of UpMagiC's chances is gonna come from himself.

Lastly, I quoted the part I most disagreed with. I think it's the complete opposite - UpMagiC is the one player people are not gonna wanna face. And my grasp of Up's vP puts his chances way above his vZ.

If you can, then do. If I can, I will.
intotherainx
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States504 Posts
December 04 2007 06:31 GMT
#1071
On December 04 2007 14:31 Seraphim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2007 14:27 Ace wrote:
If Jaedong was to beat Bisu in the finals I think that would be a bigger shock than when Bisu beat Savior.


No it wouldn't, but it'd still be pretty damn big


lol im not so sure
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
December 04 2007 07:25 GMT
#1072
On December 04 2007 14:48 Aphelion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2007 18:25 oneofthem wrote:
5 game series is too short to reflect ability. it is basiclaly preparatins and luck. execution should be second nature to these guys, lest some situation comes up. tat these situations could come up is then a matter of preparation an dluck again.


No.
Yes.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Prev 1 52 53 54
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 170
ProTech155
JuggernautJason65
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 222
Dewaltoss 109
Hyuk 79
firebathero 66
Trap 44
Bale 17
Dota 2
Gorgc9484
qojqva1284
Counter-Strike
fl0m1541
Fnx 754
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3798
Khaldor1102
crisheroes1051
Liquid`Hasu576
Other Games
summit1g6261
FrodaN2703
shahzam296
XBOCT268
C9.Mang0202
ArmadaUGS145
CosmosSc2 24
ZombieGrub9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream64
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH358
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie934
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h
CranKy Ducklings
14h
Online Event
15h
FEL
20h
AI Arena Tournament
21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.