• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:00
CEST 14:00
KST 21:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9623 users

[SPL] KT Rolster vs Team 8 - Page 139

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 Next
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-01 05:04:56
December 01 2011 05:02 GMT
#2761
flash is the better player but jaedong's raw mechanical talent is appreciably higher.

so in a prepared Bo5 or something flash is probably favorite still. jaedong would do well in pickup games.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
saltywet
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hong Kong1316 Posts
December 01 2011 05:42 GMT
#2762
On December 01 2011 12:06 DyEnasTy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 11:56 jyLee wrote:
On December 01 2011 10:39 DyEnasTy wrote:
On December 01 2011 10:29 bearbuddy wrote:
JD is Elo peaking in his ZvT, though, so while his other matchups don't look so great, he is showing the most dominant ZvT by any zerg, ever.



I would like to take a moment to point out that I didnt ever say that Flash is a better player than Jaedong despite that I love Flash and like Jaedong and squeal with excitement everytime they play. But, in my opinion, had they met in this match, with Jaedong coming off that loss to BeSt (which blew everyones minds that watched it because it felt like Jaedong not playing like Jaedong which I think reflects the dongs overall mindset), and Flash finally being healthy (not an excuse, they guy had $%^& surgery), I firmly believe Flash would have won. Its not an inflammatory comment to make for those reasons. Had I simply said "Jaedong isnt good anymore, Flash is unbeatable" than I could see being called "a useless fanboy poster".

Jaedongs win over Mind was a step in getting his swag back. But I want him to beat a truly scary terran player, and Id like nothing more to see Jaedong rip faces like everyone knows hes capable of.


Jaedong's TvZ is at 81% this year. Last time I checked Flash was terran. JD losing to Best has nothing to do with TvZ. I think people would take you more seriously if you actually used logic to prove your point rather than just going on about JD's confidence lolol.


You are the reason this could turn into a flame fest. But because I have no desire arguing with you and getting temp banned for putting you in your place, you win. I give up.


no, ur post itself begs for flaming. faulty logic in every way.

since when the fuck does jaedong have confidence issues?

disappoints his team to fantasy in proleague 2009 grand finals --> comes back and destroys him next week and wins his golden mouse

loses to flash disappointingly in MSL --> comes back to fight flash in consecutive double starleague giving flash the biggest run for his money
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
December 01 2011 06:11 GMT
#2763
Poor Jaehoon. First two matches this season are against Bisu then Flash. And who would have thought Killer < CH. But tbh I havent really followed Killer since he got nuked by Boxer.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
Bisu-Fan
Profile Joined January 2010
Russian Federation3339 Posts
December 01 2011 06:13 GMT
#2764
Wow.. some major raging going on in this thread... Just face the facts guys.. Flash and Jaedong is an awesome matchup because two of the best SC players are fighting for the win. Yes Jaedong lost to Best... Yes, he might not be in his best form... But his ZvT is monstrous right now, and I don't think I would count him out in a game with Flash.
The Revolutionist Shall Rise Again! No. 1 Kim Taek Yong Fan 어헣↗ GO JAEDONG!!!!!!! GO ACE!!! 태연 <3 윤아 <3 승연 <3
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-01 06:31:34
December 01 2011 06:27 GMT
#2765

I retract my statement about having no doubt that Flash would have won.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51539 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-01 06:35:06
December 01 2011 06:34 GMT
#2766
On December 01 2011 15:27 DyEnasTy wrote:

I retract my statement about having no doubt that Flash would have won.


why? fact is and Jaedong said it himself he barely practiced his vT for that day, if he played Flash I don't think he would have won.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-01 06:45:21
December 01 2011 06:38 GMT
#2767
On December 01 2011 15:34 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 15:27 DyEnasTy wrote:

I retract my statement about having no doubt that Flash would have won.


why? fact is and Jaedong said it himself he barely practiced his vT for that day, if he played Flash I don't think he would have won.


I can handle a couple of em, but anymore than that and I need assistance lol

I didnt read that interview. I was actually mostly bummed that wooki lost and didnt care too much to look for the winners interview thread if there is one.

I dont see how I said anything wrong, but if it pissed people off that bad than I will keep it to myself. Doesnt mean my opinion changed. Although he did destroy Mind anyway lol.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4436 Posts
December 01 2011 07:28 GMT
#2768
On November 29 2011 18:37 ArvickHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2011 18:35 doothegee wrote:
GG everyone! See you back tomorrow with CJ vs ACE :D Let's see if our favorite Air Force team can keep it going


On November 29 2011 18:35 letian wrote:
On November 29 2011 18:33 endy wrote:
On November 29 2011 18:30 infinity2k9 wrote:
Lol at everyone who picked Wooki for FPL based on pretty much nothing.


I can remember an interview wherein Bisu was saying Wooki was a very promising protoss rookie.

those who's downtalking Wooki don't know chit about him, Wooki is a nice player, with potential. I hope he will not choke like Action did in KT.


I agree, Wooki was probably the most promising rookie last year. Just didn't get to play enough, I feel.

He barely started getting fielded in the last round or so, so yea he didn't play enough to make himself widely known .. I hope the KT transfer curse hasn't ruined him -_-

Just watched the VODs, was wierd to see Baby and Wooki playing against each other. This could have just been a case of the senior man showing the rookie how it was done, I'm sure there is still some residual dominance hierarchy between the two from their FOX days. Not worried about Wooki yet, he'll be a gun don't you worry!
Sucker for nostalgia
jyLee
Profile Joined August 2009
United States350 Posts
December 01 2011 17:18 GMT
#2769
On December 01 2011 15:34 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 15:27 DyEnasTy wrote:

I retract my statement about having no doubt that Flash would have won.


why? fact is and Jaedong said it himself he barely practiced his vT for that day, if he played Flash I don't think he would have won.

You see there's a big difference between saying you think someone will win and saying that someone will win with zero doubt. One is a garauntee, the other is prediction. If you garauntee Jaedong will lose against Flash when he has 81% tvz, you are setting yourself up for ridicule. Regardless of practice, JvF is right around 50%.
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
December 01 2011 17:30 GMT
#2770
On December 02 2011 02:18 jyLee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 15:34 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On December 01 2011 15:27 DyEnasTy wrote:

I retract my statement about having no doubt that Flash would have won.


why? fact is and Jaedong said it himself he barely practiced his vT for that day, if he played Flash I don't think he would have won.

You see there's a big difference between saying you think someone will win and saying that someone will win with zero doubt. One is a garauntee, the other is prediction. If you garauntee Jaedong will lose against Flash when he has 81% tvz, you are setting yourself up for ridicule. Regardless of practice, JvF is right around 50%.


You just wont drop it will you? Why do you care so much about one persons opinion enough to start throwing shit? I didnt come in here and start calling your opinion retarded or useless fanboyism. I stated my opinion and the reasons behind it while at the same time being mannered about it. You started the flaming shit. Every fanboy has absolute faith in their favorite player.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
Archers_bane
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1338 Posts
December 01 2011 17:58 GMT
#2771
Just rewatched this whole set of games.

Killer vs CH - Good micro from both, but CH with better macro..better luck next time Killer, I still love you

Jaehoon vs Flash - Long macro battle...against Flash...be prepared to lose! Flash so good, such a treat to watch

Sea vs Stats - I love sea, so clutch...this game was so tense very back and forth for a while!

JD vs Mind - Best game of the series! Love JD, loved this ultra-guardian play omg hahaha yes!

Baby vs Wooki - Baby's timing, pushes, and drops are so beautiful to watch...just fucking beautiful its unbelievable
Starcraft's BW glory days have passed, RIP Jaedong's dominance - 2013...EDIT 2017: WE BACK BOYS
MaestrO_
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States591 Posts
December 01 2011 17:59 GMT
#2772
Poor Jaehoon has had to play Flash and Bisu so far this PL
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
December 01 2011 22:22 GMT
#2773
On December 01 2011 14:42 saltywet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 12:06 DyEnasTy wrote:
On December 01 2011 11:56 jyLee wrote:
On December 01 2011 10:39 DyEnasTy wrote:
On December 01 2011 10:29 bearbuddy wrote:
JD is Elo peaking in his ZvT, though, so while his other matchups don't look so great, he is showing the most dominant ZvT by any zerg, ever.



I would like to take a moment to point out that I didnt ever say that Flash is a better player than Jaedong despite that I love Flash and like Jaedong and squeal with excitement everytime they play. But, in my opinion, had they met in this match, with Jaedong coming off that loss to BeSt (which blew everyones minds that watched it because it felt like Jaedong not playing like Jaedong which I think reflects the dongs overall mindset), and Flash finally being healthy (not an excuse, they guy had $%^& surgery), I firmly believe Flash would have won. Its not an inflammatory comment to make for those reasons. Had I simply said "Jaedong isnt good anymore, Flash is unbeatable" than I could see being called "a useless fanboy poster".

Jaedongs win over Mind was a step in getting his swag back. But I want him to beat a truly scary terran player, and Id like nothing more to see Jaedong rip faces like everyone knows hes capable of.


Jaedong's TvZ is at 81% this year. Last time I checked Flash was terran. JD losing to Best has nothing to do with TvZ. I think people would take you more seriously if you actually used logic to prove your point rather than just going on about JD's confidence lolol.


You are the reason this could turn into a flame fest. But because I have no desire arguing with you and getting temp banned for putting you in your place, you win. I give up.


no, ur post itself begs for flaming. faulty logic in every way.

since when the fuck does jaedong have confidence issues?

disappoints his team to fantasy in proleague 2009 grand finals --> comes back and destroys him next week and wins his golden mouse

loses to flash disappointingly in MSL --> comes back to fight flash in consecutive double starleague giving flash the biggest run for his money

While I agree with most of that, I do think there is confidence issues with JD right now.

JD is no doubt the most mentally tough player I've ever seen. (Though I'm sure someone will disagree)

However, JD looks to have some confidence issues that are glaringly apparent in his ZvZ and ZvP. His play is EXTREMELY rigid. Look at JD's play in ZvT. Last season he won with 7 pool, Overpool, 12 Hatch, 3 Hatch before pool --> 2 Hatch Muta, 2 Hatch Lair into 3 hatch (v Sea on Icarus), 3 hatch lurker, 2 base hive (vs Baby on CB) and stuff I'm probably forgetting. There is just a high confidence level in his ZvT that isn't present in his other match-ups. I think he is definitely struggling from a confidence standpoint right now.

How many times in a row last season did we see JD 9 pool or 12 hatch in ZvZ. That's not when JD is at his best. He's best when he's confident enough in a match up to do a number of different builds on the fly. How many times have you seen JD do his fast fourth build and get thrashed by a timing push in ZvP. I think in an interview JD said he was struggling with the that match-up. JD is having confidence issues, and I think he's struggling to find his identity right now. There's been so much doubt in him in recent month's: "Is he the best Zerg?", "Is he still worthy of being the #2 player?", "Is JD beginning his slow decline?" I mean, JD said that he was worried if he could ever play BW again after the season ended; saying that he felt so pressured last season that his health was faltering. No matter how mentally tough he is, he is human, and eventually enough pressure will take a toll.

What I'm hoping for this season, is that Coach Hoon will take him aside and really help him. JD hasn't had a real mentor since Cho retired, and personally I think Coach Han is partly responsible for JD's decline. Sending him on the same map constantly in PL and making Oz one of the most predictable teams last season, made it easy for teams to get favorable match ups against JD. If you go back to when Bisu was slumping hard, Coach Park gave him an extended rest and then began the slow process of rebuilding Bisu's confidence with favorable match ups. JD needs something like that now. He needs a mentor to take him aside and really work on redefining JD's game. Coach Hoon did it with players before and has shown alot of interest in bringing JD back to form, so I'm hopeful.

Lol long rant and I'm sure someone will disagree, but that's my assessment on JD right now. I really want to see him be a bad ass again though D: I want the true deathstare to return >.<
Jaedong and Baby
revy
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1524 Posts
December 01 2011 23:57 GMT
#2774
On December 01 2011 11:14 Seraphic wrote:
His last vT loss was in June of this year.
It's just his vZ and vP suffering.


This is the most absurd way to make a point that I've ever seen. Starcraft has been essentially off the air since July of this past year!

Guess what, Oov has been undefeated since december 2009!

Now, onto the point -- JD's ZvT has indeed been spectacular this year. It seems like after the duel silvers he concentrated on vT to prevent that from happening again, it seems to have worked. I'm sad there wasn't a Leessangrok this match, it would have certainly been excellent.
phosphorylation
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2935 Posts
December 02 2011 00:52 GMT
#2775
Only a day or two without PL, and I am missing it already. It's kinda addicting and comforting...
Buy prints of my photographs at Redbubble -> http://www.redbubble.com/people/shoenberg3
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
December 02 2011 13:30 GMT
#2776
On December 01 2011 14:02 oneofthem wrote:
flash is the better player but jaedong's raw mechanical talent is appreciably higher.

Why do you say that?
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51539 Posts
December 02 2011 13:39 GMT
#2777
On December 02 2011 09:52 phosphorylation wrote:
Only a day or two without PL, and I am missing it already. It's kinda addicting and comforting...


wait a sec while I drive you crazy.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
jyLee
Profile Joined August 2009
United States350 Posts
December 02 2011 16:28 GMT
#2778
On December 02 2011 22:30 neobowman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 14:02 oneofthem wrote:
flash is the better player but jaedong's raw mechanical talent is appreciably higher.

Why do you say that?


Jaedong has higher apm and hand speed compared to Flash. There was an old TL thread that compared apm between Jaedong and Flash in their matchups and JD's was consistently/noticeably higher. Flash was a bonjwa, won more titles, and the better rounded player. At least thats what I think he was trying to get at. I dont really agree but its not completely wrong imo.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
December 02 2011 16:37 GMT
#2779
It's too easy to speculate , We just need Flash v Jaedong to play for worthless argument to be discontinued , than we can talk about how superior jaedong mechanical skill over flash and etc.
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
December 02 2011 20:39 GMT
#2780
Ya I agree, ive always thought Jaedong had better mechanics than Flash as well.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV397
Rex75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko361
ProTech134
Rex 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32902
Hyuk 1200
Jaedong 928
actioN 572
Soma 466
Horang2 385
Soulkey 338
BeSt 320
Larva 296
Mini 268
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 259
Light 218
910 214
Stork 209
Last 176
Snow 144
Rush 138
ggaemo 103
Pusan 91
ZerO 73
Yoon 54
Mind 49
Killer 41
Mong 38
Creator 35
Shinee 33
hero 29
Bale 27
sorry 26
Sharp 26
Free 25
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7900
Dendi436
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1551
markeloff83
kRYSTAL_54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1135
Other Games
gofns32021
singsing1621
B2W.Neo319
XBOCT318
DeMusliM276
Pyrionflax263
Mew2King66
byalli45
ArmadaUGS34
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1409
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h
The PondCast
22h
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.