• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:27
CEST 11:27
KST 18:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9557 users

[OSL] Semi Finals Day 2 - Page 3

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 86 87 88 Next
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
September 05 2011 10:28 GMT
#41
Buckle up boys, we might be in store for the worst non-ZvZ finals yet!
Remember Violet.
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
September 05 2011 10:36 GMT
#42
Either of these will happen:

Jangbi 3-2, going down 2-0 before equalizing in epic matches on La Mancha (blocking a 4 base, 5 hatch hydra-lurk contain to starvation by busting out with reavers) and Gladiator (where he barely defends a 5pool into early Zergling runbys); then he defends a desperate yet well-planned hydra-ling bust that worked against Stork in SPL on NBR.

or

soO 3-1, losing on NBR after a close but failed contain using a 3 hatch lurker rush because of Corsairs, then winning Pathfinder in a brutal late-game starvation game, and using the momentum to do a fast 3hatch muta to 5 hatch hydra on 4 base then rolling Jangbi with macro, and then finally doing a 9pool ling-break on Gladiator.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
September 05 2011 10:41 GMT
#43
On September 05 2011 19:28 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Buckle up boys, we might be in store for the worst non-ZvZ finals yet!


or Best TvP.

but whatever it is this will be an epic PvZ.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
September 05 2011 10:58 GMT
#44
On September 05 2011 19:28 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Buckle up boys, we might be in store for the worst non-ZvZ finals yet!

Is soO a choker in important situations? I don't really follow SKT so I don't know how good he is when it matters, other than the PL final where he failed dismally. Really this looks to me to be quite an even battle, JangBi isn't some standard protoss like the ones soO routinely rolls over.

I really want JangBi to win but I think it will be quite close.

Also Hyde I decided to keep the other banner, put your one in the polls bit
Sucker for nostalgia
Ikonn
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands1958 Posts
September 05 2011 11:27 GMT
#45
On September 05 2011 19:28 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Buckle up boys, we might be in store for the worst non-ZvZ finals yet!


Agreed. There's no way Soo is going to beat Fantasy in even one game. Please win this one Jangbi
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
September 05 2011 11:37 GMT
#46
On September 05 2011 19:58 DropBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 19:28 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Buckle up boys, we might be in store for the worst non-ZvZ finals yet!

Is soO a choker in important situations? I don't really follow SKT so I don't know how good he is when it matters, other than the PL final where he failed dismally. Really this looks to me to be quite an even battle, JangBi isn't some standard protoss like the ones soO routinely rolls over.

I really want JangBi to win but I think it will be quite close.

Also Hyde I decided to keep the other banner, put your one in the polls bit


It's a team kill TvZ with a pretty mediocre zerg probably getting beat down by someone who knows everything he can do. If it's fantasy vs soo, it will be bad.
Remember Violet.
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
September 05 2011 11:46 GMT
#47
On September 05 2011 19:58 DropBear wrote:
Also Hyde I decided to keep the other banner, put your one in the polls bit

No worries, all good
Oh please let this be a good series, if it's one sided either way it's going to be such a let down going towards the finals.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
September 05 2011 12:23 GMT
#48
LEGEND OF THE FALL

[image loading]

[image loading]
starleague forever
conTAgi0n
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States335 Posts
September 05 2011 12:41 GMT
#49
Come on, JangBi, prove me wrong.

Do it for BW.
veQ
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland339 Posts
September 05 2011 12:44 GMT
#50
JangBi, The last protoss hope! I want to see him in finals rolling fantasy with storms!
"Victory comes to those who look forward" Proud SPECTER EVO Owner - http://imgur.com/a/Me9LU
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
September 05 2011 12:46 GMT
#51
On September 05 2011 21:44 veQ wrote:
JangBi, The last protoss hope! I want to see him in finals rolling fantasy with storms!

I have a feeling that JangBi will cheese here with some proxy stuff to mix it up.
This is why I HATE playing against Protoss. They have more "varieties" when it comes to strategies. But then again....I got proxied on ICCup way too much.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
September 05 2011 12:57 GMT
#52
I hope Jangbi wins SO BADLY. Ever since he lost to Luxury I wanted him to win one, and after Luxury's true colours were revealed I've wanted it even more. Jangbi's just got such a nice cuddly appearance :3

Plus he beat Flash, so he better win the whole thing now!
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
September 05 2011 13:13 GMT
#53
I don't know why people are cheering for JangBi. Does he have decent PvZ now?
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
Holy Check
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Romania155 Posts
September 05 2011 13:24 GMT
#54
On September 05 2011 21:46 Xiphos wrote:
This is why I HATE playing against Protoss. They have more "varieties" when it comes to strategies.


OMG LOL. Are you for rela?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 05 2011 13:26 GMT
#55
On September 05 2011 22:24 Holy Check wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 21:46 Xiphos wrote:
This is why I HATE playing against Protoss. They have more "varieties" when it comes to strategies.


OMG LOL. Are you for rela?


you trolling right?
Holy Check
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Romania155 Posts
September 05 2011 13:28 GMT
#56
On September 05 2011 22:13 SilverSkyLark wrote:
I don't know why people are cheering for JangBi. Does he have decent PvZ now?


Cheering for Jangbi does not mean expecting Jangbi to win.
Also, why would anyone not cheer for Jangbi?
Team loyalty?
SoO being a decent Zerg?
Not enough, mang.

Jangbi was an epic player who came back out of nowhere. Plus he is one of the few Kongs left. Him winning an OSL now would be poetic justice sprinkled with epic epicness. It would be a landmark of BW history.

Still unsure why people be cheering for the Jangbi?
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
September 05 2011 14:06 GMT
#57
On September 05 2011 22:26 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 22:24 Holy Check wrote:
On September 05 2011 21:46 Xiphos wrote:
This is why I HATE playing against Protoss. They have more "varieties" when it comes to strategies.


OMG LOL. Are you for rela?


you trolling right?

Lol nope.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
September 05 2011 14:14 GMT
#58
On September 05 2011 22:13 SilverSkyLark wrote:
I don't know why people are cheering for JangBi. Does he have decent PvZ now?


personally,because of this
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
DropBear
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia4437 Posts
September 05 2011 14:17 GMT
#59
On September 05 2011 20:37 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 19:58 DropBear wrote:
On September 05 2011 19:28 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Buckle up boys, we might be in store for the worst non-ZvZ finals yet!

Is soO a choker in important situations? I don't really follow SKT so I don't know how good he is when it matters, other than the PL final where he failed dismally. Really this looks to me to be quite an even battle, JangBi isn't some standard protoss like the ones soO routinely rolls over.

I really want JangBi to win but I think it will be quite close.

Also Hyde I decided to keep the other banner, put your one in the polls bit


It's a team kill TvZ with a pretty mediocre zerg probably getting beat down by someone who knows everything he can do. If it's fantasy vs soo, it will be bad.

I was talking about this game, perhaps didn't make that clear is soO clutch in pressure situations? Like if this made it to a 5th set?

I agree entirely, Fantasy will utterly destroy soO if he makes it through.
Sucker for nostalgia
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
September 05 2011 14:23 GMT
#60
On September 05 2011 23:17 DropBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2011 20:37 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On September 05 2011 19:58 DropBear wrote:
On September 05 2011 19:28 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Buckle up boys, we might be in store for the worst non-ZvZ finals yet!

Is soO a choker in important situations? I don't really follow SKT so I don't know how good he is when it matters, other than the PL final where he failed dismally. Really this looks to me to be quite an even battle, JangBi isn't some standard protoss like the ones soO routinely rolls over.

I really want JangBi to win but I think it will be quite close.

Also Hyde I decided to keep the other banner, put your one in the polls bit


It's a team kill TvZ with a pretty mediocre zerg probably getting beat down by someone who knows everything he can do. If it's fantasy vs soo, it will be bad.

I was talking about this game, perhaps didn't make that clear is soO clutch in pressure situations? Like if this made it to a 5th set?

I agree entirely, Fantasy will utterly destroy soO if he makes it through.


this is soO first ever Bo5,its going to affect him,whereas jangbi has that experience.

I don't think he was ever clutch,just solid,won games well,lost games poorly.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 86 87 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1213
firebathero 641
Hyun 402
Hyuk 398
BeSt 344
Jaedong 336
Mong 292
Soma 217
PianO 87
Shine 68
[ Show more ]
Sexy 68
910 57
Mind 55
Stork 47
sSak 41
Shinee 28
Hm[arnc] 27
ZergMaN 27
Bale 25
yabsab 22
Sharp 19
HiyA 17
ZerO 16
sorry 13
Noble 11
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe9
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1284
olofmeister1150
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King320
Other Games
gofns34298
summit1g7849
ceh9615
KnowMe136
Pyrionflax104
singsing62
Livibee44
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick466
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1004
• Stunt381
Other Games
• Shiphtur421
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 34m
Patches Events
6h 34m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.