• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:24
CEST 05:24
KST 12:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8206 users

[CSL+] Duke versus Georgia Tech - Page 5

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
StarN
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2587 Posts
November 09 2009 13:38 GMT
#81
I can vouch for them, none of the Duke guys cheated. (and I go to UNC :X)
Retired BW Noob
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 09 2009 15:37 GMT
#82
ALL of the Duke guys cheated!!!!

HAXXXXXXX
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
November 09 2009 18:25 GMT
#83
btw in my interview i mean to say your_killer is awesome, not attackzerg LOL
Free Palestine
YoUr_KiLLeR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States3420 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-09 18:31:00
November 09 2009 18:25 GMT
#84
On November 08 2009 01:37 hazelynut wrote:
- Who do you think will make the finals from the West Conference, and how do you think Georgia Tech would fare against them?
▲ I haven’t really paid much attention to other divisions but I would say UT. They were great last year and it looks like they’re just as good this year, plus AttackZerg is a great guy.

WTF OZZIE
what the fuck do you have to say for yourself now you protoss jackass can you retaliate in any way
LeoTheLion
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
China958 Posts
November 10 2009 03:49 GMT
#85
On November 09 2009 15:47 DarthThienAn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2009 15:16 SilverskY wrote:
On November 09 2009 14:56 LeoTheLion wrote:
uhh, isn't that kind of retarded? what if people viewed stream and cheated

That's what we were worried about too.


There's always a possibility of cheating. There are things we can't stop, and I think this was definitely a matchup worth live streaming for the CSL fans. Our hope is that people are above cheating and respect themselves, their opponents, and the league enough to not resort to something like that.. It'd be the same as a hacker imo.


Yes I know, but something like delaying the stream by 15 or 30 minutes reduces the possibility of cheating by a lot, while still allowing for a stream.

Some cheating may be unintentional, i.e. the team watching in the same room as the player playing, and the sound is on. Even if the player doesn't want to cheat, he'll still hear stuff, and it's hard to ignore "OMG OMG PROXY RAX" when you hear it.
Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. -Chairman Mao
LeoTheLion
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
China958 Posts
November 10 2009 03:49 GMT
#86
On November 09 2009 22:38 StarN wrote:
I can vouch for them, none of the Duke guys cheated. (and I go to UNC :X)


I didn't say Duke or GT cheated. I'm just saying that it might be a better idea to have a delayed stream, or to even cast the reps.
Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. -Chairman Mao
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
November 10 2009 03:58 GMT
#87
On November 10 2009 12:49 LeoTheLion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2009 22:38 StarN wrote:
I can vouch for them, none of the Duke guys cheated. (and I go to UNC :X)


I didn't say Duke or GT cheated. I'm just saying that it might be a better idea to have a delayed stream, or to even cast the reps.


I pushed for this but Xeris kept on PMSing
Moderator
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
November 10 2009 05:01 GMT
#88
On November 10 2009 12:49 LeoTheLion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2009 15:47 DarthThienAn wrote:
On November 09 2009 15:16 SilverskY wrote:
On November 09 2009 14:56 LeoTheLion wrote:
uhh, isn't that kind of retarded? what if people viewed stream and cheated

That's what we were worried about too.


There's always a possibility of cheating. There are things we can't stop, and I think this was definitely a matchup worth live streaming for the CSL fans. Our hope is that people are above cheating and respect themselves, their opponents, and the league enough to not resort to something like that.. It'd be the same as a hacker imo.


Yes I know, but something like delaying the stream by 15 or 30 minutes reduces the possibility of cheating by a lot, while still allowing for a stream.

Some cheating may be unintentional, i.e. the team watching in the same room as the player playing, and the sound is on. Even if the player doesn't want to cheat, he'll still hear stuff, and it's hard to ignore "OMG OMG PROXY RAX" when you hear it.

a delay of like 2 or 3 minutes would probably be enough. The main problem here is actually figuring out how to delay the stream through livestream
blabberrrrr
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 10 2009 05:31 GMT
#89
On November 10 2009 12:58 Empyrean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2009 12:49 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 09 2009 22:38 StarN wrote:
I can vouch for them, none of the Duke guys cheated. (and I go to UNC :X)


I didn't say Duke or GT cheated. I'm just saying that it might be a better idea to have a delayed stream, or to even cast the reps.


I pushed for this but Xeris kept on PMSing


I pushed for people to remove the sticks from their anuses, and it worked.

In the future though, we'll coordinate these big matches so that we can get a delay. Although at the time, it'd be really annoying to 100 people on my stream to watch me sit in the channel for 20 mins waiting for a game to be played, etc.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
LeoTheLion
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
China958 Posts
November 10 2009 05:35 GMT
#90
On November 10 2009 14:01 blabber wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2009 12:49 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 09 2009 15:47 DarthThienAn wrote:
On November 09 2009 15:16 SilverskY wrote:
On November 09 2009 14:56 LeoTheLion wrote:
uhh, isn't that kind of retarded? what if people viewed stream and cheated

That's what we were worried about too.


There's always a possibility of cheating. There are things we can't stop, and I think this was definitely a matchup worth live streaming for the CSL fans. Our hope is that people are above cheating and respect themselves, their opponents, and the league enough to not resort to something like that.. It'd be the same as a hacker imo.


Yes I know, but something like delaying the stream by 15 or 30 minutes reduces the possibility of cheating by a lot, while still allowing for a stream.

Some cheating may be unintentional, i.e. the team watching in the same room as the player playing, and the sound is on. Even if the player doesn't want to cheat, he'll still hear stuff, and it's hard to ignore "OMG OMG PROXY RAX" when you hear it.

a delay of like 2 or 3 minutes would probably be enough. The main problem here is actually figuring out how to delay the stream through livestream


If player A takes a hidden expo, player B may never find that expo in a game. But if the commentator says "A is taking an expo at 7!!!" three minutes later B hears it and recalls to 7.

Best case scenario is if games are cast after they are completed.
Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. -Chairman Mao
LeoTheLion
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
China958 Posts
November 10 2009 05:36 GMT
#91
On November 10 2009 14:31 Xeris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2009 12:58 Empyrean wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:49 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 09 2009 22:38 StarN wrote:
I can vouch for them, none of the Duke guys cheated. (and I go to UNC :X)


I didn't say Duke or GT cheated. I'm just saying that it might be a better idea to have a delayed stream, or to even cast the reps.


I pushed for this but Xeris kept on PMSing


I pushed for people to remove the sticks from their anuses, and it worked.

In the future though, we'll coordinate these big matches so that we can get a delay. Although at the time, it'd be really annoying to 100 people on my stream to watch me sit in the channel for 20 mins waiting for a game to be played, etc.


They don't have to watch you for 20 min waiting in channel. Just say stream starts 30 minutes after the matches start. Until then just play a vod or something.
Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. -Chairman Mao
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
November 10 2009 06:01 GMT
#92
Leo you need learn to trust people a little more man lol
Free Palestine
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
November 10 2009 06:04 GMT
#93
On November 10 2009 14:36 LeoTheLion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2009 14:31 Xeris wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:58 Empyrean wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:49 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 09 2009 22:38 StarN wrote:
I can vouch for them, none of the Duke guys cheated. (and I go to UNC :X)


I didn't say Duke or GT cheated. I'm just saying that it might be a better idea to have a delayed stream, or to even cast the reps.


I pushed for this but Xeris kept on PMSing


I pushed for people to remove the sticks from their anuses, and it worked.

In the future though, we'll coordinate these big matches so that we can get a delay. Although at the time, it'd be really annoying to 100 people on my stream to watch me sit in the channel for 20 mins waiting for a game to be played, etc.


They don't have to watch you for 20 min waiting in channel. Just say stream starts 30 minutes after the matches start. Until then just play a vod or something.

there was trust between our teams. i know how much cooler it is to watch the games live than watch delayed replays.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
November 10 2009 06:09 GMT
#94
On November 10 2009 15:04 OneOther wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2009 14:36 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 10 2009 14:31 Xeris wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:58 Empyrean wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:49 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 09 2009 22:38 StarN wrote:
I can vouch for them, none of the Duke guys cheated. (and I go to UNC :X)


I didn't say Duke or GT cheated. I'm just saying that it might be a better idea to have a delayed stream, or to even cast the reps.


I pushed for this but Xeris kept on PMSing


I pushed for people to remove the sticks from their anuses, and it worked.

In the future though, we'll coordinate these big matches so that we can get a delay. Although at the time, it'd be really annoying to 100 people on my stream to watch me sit in the channel for 20 mins waiting for a game to be played, etc.


They don't have to watch you for 20 min waiting in channel. Just say stream starts 30 minutes after the matches start. Until then just play a vod or something.

there was trust between our teams. i know how much cooler it is to watch the games live than watch delayed replays.


I kinda got the feeling you guys didn't trust us at all. What with cameron kicking our ob out of the match and then starting it immediately after and all....
Free Palestine
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
November 10 2009 06:10 GMT
#95
On November 10 2009 14:36 LeoTheLion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2009 14:31 Xeris wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:58 Empyrean wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:49 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 09 2009 22:38 StarN wrote:
I can vouch for them, none of the Duke guys cheated. (and I go to UNC :X)


I didn't say Duke or GT cheated. I'm just saying that it might be a better idea to have a delayed stream, or to even cast the reps.


I pushed for this but Xeris kept on PMSing


I pushed for people to remove the sticks from their anuses, and it worked.

In the future though, we'll coordinate these big matches so that we can get a delay. Although at the time, it'd be really annoying to 100 people on my stream to watch me sit in the channel for 20 mins waiting for a game to be played, etc.


They don't have to watch you for 20 min waiting in channel. Just say stream starts 30 minutes after the matches start. Until then just play a vod or something.


The point is, that wasn't practical at that moment because there were already 100 people in the channel. Sure in the future it can be worked out so this is no problem, but for that time it wasn't very efficient.

Plus, people likely wouldn't cheat.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
November 10 2009 06:13 GMT
#96
On November 10 2009 15:09 Ideas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2009 15:04 OneOther wrote:
On November 10 2009 14:36 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 10 2009 14:31 Xeris wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:58 Empyrean wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:49 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 09 2009 22:38 StarN wrote:
I can vouch for them, none of the Duke guys cheated. (and I go to UNC :X)


I didn't say Duke or GT cheated. I'm just saying that it might be a better idea to have a delayed stream, or to even cast the reps.


I pushed for this but Xeris kept on PMSing


I pushed for people to remove the sticks from their anuses, and it worked.

In the future though, we'll coordinate these big matches so that we can get a delay. Although at the time, it'd be really annoying to 100 people on my stream to watch me sit in the channel for 20 mins waiting for a game to be played, etc.


They don't have to watch you for 20 min waiting in channel. Just say stream starts 30 minutes after the matches start. Until then just play a vod or something.

there was trust between our teams. i know how much cooler it is to watch the games live than watch delayed replays.


I kinda got the feeling you guys didn't trust us at all. What with cameron kicking our ob out of the match and then starting it immediately after and all....

there was no reason to create more potential problems when you could have watched the stream, just like we were
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
November 10 2009 06:15 GMT
#97
On November 10 2009 15:13 OneOther wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2009 15:09 Ideas wrote:
On November 10 2009 15:04 OneOther wrote:
On November 10 2009 14:36 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 10 2009 14:31 Xeris wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:58 Empyrean wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:49 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 09 2009 22:38 StarN wrote:
I can vouch for them, none of the Duke guys cheated. (and I go to UNC :X)


I didn't say Duke or GT cheated. I'm just saying that it might be a better idea to have a delayed stream, or to even cast the reps.


I pushed for this but Xeris kept on PMSing


I pushed for people to remove the sticks from their anuses, and it worked.

In the future though, we'll coordinate these big matches so that we can get a delay. Although at the time, it'd be really annoying to 100 people on my stream to watch me sit in the channel for 20 mins waiting for a game to be played, etc.


They don't have to watch you for 20 min waiting in channel. Just say stream starts 30 minutes after the matches start. Until then just play a vod or something.

there was trust between our teams. i know how much cooler it is to watch the games live than watch delayed replays.


I kinda got the feeling you guys didn't trust us at all. What with cameron kicking our ob out of the match and then starting it immediately after and all....

there was no reason to create more potential problems when you could have watched the stream, just like we were


that's your opinion but it doesn't give you the right to kick our ob out without discussion
Free Palestine
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
November 10 2009 06:16 GMT
#98
+ the first game was completely lag free and there was no reason to believe that the 2nd game would of been any different.
Free Palestine
SilverskY
Profile Joined September 2008
Korea (South)3086 Posts
November 10 2009 06:18 GMT
#99
The main reason why that happened was because our first CSL. We wanted to obs Nony play but one of the CSL admins stated that there were no obs allowed in any of our games.
Graphics
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
November 10 2009 06:21 GMT
#100
On November 10 2009 15:15 Ideas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2009 15:13 OneOther wrote:
On November 10 2009 15:09 Ideas wrote:
On November 10 2009 15:04 OneOther wrote:
On November 10 2009 14:36 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 10 2009 14:31 Xeris wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:58 Empyrean wrote:
On November 10 2009 12:49 LeoTheLion wrote:
On November 09 2009 22:38 StarN wrote:
I can vouch for them, none of the Duke guys cheated. (and I go to UNC :X)


I didn't say Duke or GT cheated. I'm just saying that it might be a better idea to have a delayed stream, or to even cast the reps.


I pushed for this but Xeris kept on PMSing


I pushed for people to remove the sticks from their anuses, and it worked.

In the future though, we'll coordinate these big matches so that we can get a delay. Although at the time, it'd be really annoying to 100 people on my stream to watch me sit in the channel for 20 mins waiting for a game to be played, etc.


They don't have to watch you for 20 min waiting in channel. Just say stream starts 30 minutes after the matches start. Until then just play a vod or something.

there was trust between our teams. i know how much cooler it is to watch the games live than watch delayed replays.


I kinda got the feeling you guys didn't trust us at all. What with cameron kicking our ob out of the match and then starting it immediately after and all....

there was no reason to create more potential problems when you could have watched the stream, just like we were


that's your opinion but it doesn't give you the right to kick our ob out without discussion

are you actually still bitching about that? the player didn't want obs and he asked about five times to leave politely (actually kicked him once). he came back and wouldn't even respond to the player. if there's a stream, which already creates possibilities of cheating, we are not going to an obs in when the player doesn't want it. and how does first game being lagless mean the second game will be the same? it's two different players lol. and there was no obs in the first game either besides duran.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 236
NeuroSwarm 182
FoxeR 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3487
Leta 1844
Bale 61
Shine 17
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g8062
JimRising 579
WinterStarcraft436
ViBE144
Mew2King18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick657
BasetradeTV195
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta20
• Light_VIP 19
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo740
Other Games
• Scarra1056
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 37m
Patches Events
11h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 37m
OSC
19h 37m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.