• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:21
CEST 07:21
KST 14:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7772 users

Heavy Mech vs Zerg - Page 4

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
July 05 2006 06:19 GMT
#61
On July 05 2006 14:37 Chill wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Stop!

ok. bye.
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
Guybrush
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Spain4744 Posts
July 05 2006 06:37 GMT
#62
Screw you guys Im going home!
Live2Win is awesome. Happy new year scarabi!
Blind
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States2529 Posts
July 05 2006 15:14 GMT
#63
Chill, I wouldn't mind testing out mech in tvz with you. PM me for the bo5.
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
July 05 2006 16:39 GMT
#64
Hey man lets play 5 games where you know what strat I'm playing, and if I keep losing then this strat totally sucks.
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
STD
Profile Joined October 2003
Sweden350 Posts
July 05 2006 19:56 GMT
#65
it's been a long while since i played, but if i'm not mistaken Goliaths only deal 50 or 75% dmg to mutalisks.
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
July 05 2006 22:50 GMT
#66
its not exactly hard to scout, and since 3 hat muta is both the most common opening and the best counter to it....

and werent you going away?
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
July 05 2006 22:58 GMT
#67
Lol it doesn't matter that it's easy to scout, the fact that your about to play a Bo5 and you've already decided on the strategy it defeats the point of a game. Never heard about this thing of don't think of a strategy and stick to it no matter what ?
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
July 05 2006 23:16 GMT
#68
On July 06 2006 07:58 Reason wrote:
Lol it doesn't matter that it's easy to scout, the fact that your about to play a Bo5 and you've already decided on the strategy it defeats the point of a game. Never heard about this thing of don't think of a strategy and stick to it no matter what ?


According to your "sprinkle in Goliath" theory, it shouldn't matter, because if you don't open Mech you should be able to switch to it. I'm going to be playing normally anyways, I'm not going to do anything that takes advantage of Mech.
Moderator
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
July 05 2006 23:19 GMT
#69
even if you open mech and your opponent knows your going to it doesnt really matter because he doesnt have to change from standard zvt play to counter you until well after he would have scouted it anyway.

another weakness in mech.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
July 05 2006 23:23 GMT
#70
well don't open mech if you don't believe it works.
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
July 05 2006 23:29 GMT
#71
stop arguing in favor of it and then just telling people to not do it when they tell you why you're wrong. either argue in favor of it or dont. stop this half assed annoying shit.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
July 05 2006 23:34 GMT
#72
HungZerg im really trying to be diplomatic and your just pissing me off with every post you send.. I don't mind if you totally disagree with me and give me reasons why, i'll just give you reasons why I disagree with you, but we already tried that and you just got pissed off at me. So now im not trying to argue with you, but give you other options since you think im talking shit. I really am trying dude, I know we got off on the wrong foot but stop biting my heels. I think you can open mech and win, you don't. So try a transition to mech, that's all im saying. And since I've given a variety of strats, all in favour of mech (not that I don't understand it's drawbacks), I don't see how I have ever argued not in favour of it I'm just saying it's cool, and can work, I know MnM probably works better 99% of the time.
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
July 05 2006 23:40 GMT
#73
Goliath deal half damage, not 3/4
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-07-06 00:04:20
July 05 2006 23:41 GMT
#74
On July 06 2006 08:16 Chill wrote:
I'm going to be playing normally anyways, I'm not going to do anything that takes advantage of Mech.

ach but now your just handicapping yourself no?? maybe it really doesn't matter if you both know what the strats are,
On July 06 2006 08:19 HungZerg wrote:
even if you open mech and your opponent knows your going to it doesnt really matter because he doesnt have to change from standard zvt play to counter you until well after he would have scouted it anyway.

another weakness in mech.

I always just viewed that as a dead giveaway but with high level gaming I suppose it would be pretty difficult to keep it a secret...
Chill if you really are interested in playing, I was thinking of us playing QUITE few games, not just 5, say maybe a Bo3/Bo5 on every map that we decide is worth playing ( over a period of time of course ) and then we make a post and come to some sort of final conclusion (based on whatever variable we feel we have eliminated, say on ppl of our skill level, not sure how it's gonna work I don't know if you'd pwn me or not maybe we can try you terran and me zerg sometimes fuknose) and put in the games we think show the pro's and con's the best, or ones that are just pure sex either way give me your thoughts


On July 06 2006 08:53 Myrmidon wrote:
Well, I read all the posts and was legitimately confused as to when you were talking about heavy mech or just standard + 1-2 fac gol.

sorry TT I'll try to make more sense in future
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 05 2006 23:53 GMT
#75
Well, I read all the posts and was legitimately confused as to when you were talking about heavy mech or just standard + 1-2 fac gol. As for the latter, I think people are exaggerating a little, including me, on how much worse it'd be than standard. The difference isn't that great at all, but I think if you're going to be doing something "different" (as in less solid) as a fun thing, you should do something more extreme (like all metal, or biomech TvP) that has more significant advantages that you can exploit to make up for the weaknesses. But play the game however you want.
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
July 06 2006 00:13 GMT
#76
On July 06 2006 08:34 Reason wrote:
HungZerg im really trying to be diplomatic and your just pissing me off with every post you send.. I don't mind if you totally disagree with me and give me reasons why, i'll just give you reasons why I disagree with you, but we already tried that and you just got pissed off at me. So now im not trying to argue with you, but give you other options since you think im talking shit. I really am trying dude, I know we got off on the wrong foot but stop biting my heels. I think you can open mech and win, you don't. So try a transition to mech, that's all im saying. And since I've given a variety of strats, all in favour of mech (not that I don't understand it's drawbacks), I don't see how I have ever argued not in favour of it I'm just saying it's cool, and can work, I know MnM probably works better 99% of the time.

whenever someone points out why your arguments are wrong you just say "ok dont use it then", i didnt say you argued against it you just drop it and refuse to support it anymore yet you still say it is viable. which is just retarded.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
July 06 2006 01:18 GMT
#77
As I said before I'll play Z v Mech all day if you want. I can probably play tonight. PM me. If you can't get a hold of me when you want to play, check east for GiTM.Chill or PGT for ShowYouAll... (3 periods included in name).
Moderator
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
July 06 2006 01:49 GMT
#78
--- Nuked ---
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-07-06 02:27:14
July 06 2006 02:00 GMT
#79
What have I said that's "wrong" dronebabo
Hung didn't you read anything I just said... I'm totally putting the ball in your court here and your still calling me retarded. I refused to support my ideas FURTHER because

1. You were calling me retarded for it
2. I was being told to stop

So I did stop, and now I'm a retard because of that.

Edit: Chill I can't play tonight I need sleep for work and we in different time zones, I'll come online and whisper you at some point and we can arrange..
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
RiSE
Profile Joined April 2004
United States3182 Posts
July 06 2006 02:01 GMT
#80
Chill pwns
heavy hand upon the land, feel it's weight inside you
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 137
SortOf 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2199
HiyA 384
Mong 152
Shinee 74
sorry 40
NotJumperer 16
Noble 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1288
NeuroSwarm178
League of Legends
JimRising 665
Reynor56
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft599
Other Games
summit1g6995
Coldzera 743
C9.Mang0333
PiGStarcraft161
RuFF_SC232
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream380
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2144
League of Legends
• Lourlo1229
• Rush1164
• Stunt367
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 39m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 39m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.