• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:50
CEST 19:50
KST 02:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10086 users

[SPOILER] MSL Quarterfinals B Winner Interview

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Normal
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
March 01 2009 03:21 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Thoughts on getting into the Ro4?
-First off, I’m really very happy to be able to enter the Ro4…But on the other hand, I’m also kind of nervous, worried that I’ll be eliminated from the Ro4 again.

But, compared to back then, I’m a much better player now in every sense, I think I can make it…

The matches were hard.
-I thought that I was either going to win quickly or lose quickly, didn’t think that it would be so difficult and drawn-out.

You used a 5-pool in game 2.
-I used a 5-pool in game 2 as part of psychological warfare. I decided beforehand that no matter the outcome of game 1, I’d use it in game 2.

For the 5-pool, I gambled that if Leta also cheesed, I would win, and if he opened normally, I would lose…Didn’t think that Leta’s SCV didn’t see my Zerglings and allowed me to win like that…

You have a good grasp on mindgames.
-We used to be on the same team, so we understood each other very well, so I worked hard on working out mindgames…

You changed defeat to victory on game 4.
-I didn’t expect his troops to just move in, I thought that that was it, I was finished…I just tried to finish the game spectacularly at that point, but actually ended up winning.

You used mindgames again in game 5.
-I wasn’t planning to deceive him…but when I saw that his SCV only saw the Hydralisk Den, I realized that he could’ve been misled. So I just concentrated all my funds on making Mutalisks, and when I saw he didn’t have many Turrets in his base, I knew that if I just kept making Mutalisks I would win. Maybe it’s because Leta saw my game with Hwasin last time where I used all-in Lurkers, and was misled that way.

You’re going to meet the new player Zero in the Ro4.
-He needs to feel the pain of being eliminated from the Ro4 [laugh] New players need to feel tragedy and defeat before they can improve [laugh] It was Stork who taught me this before…I’m very confident against Zergs, and I can easily prepare. I will definitely win.

This is a good opportunity to enter the finals.
-It’s true, I think so too. I will take advantage of this opportunity, practice hard, and I think I can make it into the finals.

Last thoughts?
-I’m glad I was able to avenge Flash…I want to say good game to Leta…tomorrow’s my coach’s birthday, I’m proud that I can bring him a victory for that…and lastly I want to say I’m very grateful to all my teammates who helped me practice…

---

Translated from Chinese at http://www.playsc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=144352&extra=page=1

Images and original Korean from fomos.kr
TranslatorBaa!
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
March 01 2009 03:24 GMT
#2
nice. mindgames does play a huge role in bo3/bo5.
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
pindleskin
Profile Joined January 2008
New Zealand199 Posts
March 01 2009 03:25 GMT
#3
wasn't it best that taught him the pain of Ro4
whatusername
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada1181 Posts
March 01 2009 03:26 GMT
#4
oh god another zvz bo5

atleast the finals won't be a mirror ^^
im gay
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
March 01 2009 03:28 GMT
#5
On March 01 2009 12:25 pindleskin wrote:
wasn't it best that taught him the pain of Ro4


He's referring to the Bacchus OSL, which was before the Ever OSL, where he lost in the semifinals to Stork.

So yeah, he's gotten eliminated from the semifinals twice. He'd probably be really pissed if it happened again.
TranslatorBaa!
ambit!ous1
Profile Joined September 2007
United States3662 Posts
March 01 2009 03:34 GMT
#6
nice tranlation! thanks again sheep!
Bisu[Shield] / ♔ SoYeon
zincsterio
Profile Joined March 2008
119 Posts
March 01 2009 03:38 GMT
#7
It's kind of amusing that the Chinese community calls Luxury: "his brother" (that's what he's known by). Obviously it's cause he's Yarnc's brother, but can anyone who's familiar with the Chinese community tell me why that's the case? Isn't Luxury better than Yarnc, so shouldn't he have a proper name?
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
March 01 2009 03:42 GMT
#8
It's because Yarnc got the name "Little Yellow" ([NC]Yellow is generally known as Old Yellow or Big Yellow now) first. It was easy to give him a nickname, so when it was time to give a Luxury nickname, he just became "brother of that other guy" lol.
TranslatorBaa!
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
March 01 2009 03:44 GMT
#9
Too bad he'll be eliminated by Zero and if he wins that game he'll feel the pain that is Jangbi, and if Nada somehow beats Jangbi than he will beat Luxury simply because he could use another gold in his medal closet.
Hi.
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
March 01 2009 03:45 GMT
#10
Nice, thanks for the translation. I hope Lux can make the finals, he's such an awesome player and usually a lot of fun to watch. I was hoping for YarnC to win OSL and Lux to win MSL, but I suppose 1 out of 2 wouldn't be bad.
BW forever || Thall
eatmyshorts5
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1530 Posts
March 01 2009 03:46 GMT
#11
Personally Luxury Sounds like a douchebag to me.

But i'm also rooting for you to make it into the finals, to be eviscerated by jangbi.
BF:BC2 ID: BisuStork//CJ Entusman #32
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
March 01 2009 03:48 GMT
#12
On March 01 2009 12:38 zincsterio wrote:
It's kind of amusing that the Chinese community calls Luxury: "his brother" (that's what he's known by). Obviously it's cause he's Yarnc's brother, but can anyone who's familiar with the Chinese community tell me why that's the case? Isn't Luxury better than Yarnc, so shouldn't he have a proper name?

I've heard the commentators, I think the OGN guys, once talk about how people were initially more interested in Yarnc than Luxury, although that has changed gradually as Luxury began to play increasingly better.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-01 03:49:22
March 01 2009 03:48 GMT
#13
Yarnc was always destined to be the 'better player' IMO (he debuted like 9 months before Luxury, first to qualify for major leagues etc etc).

Somehow over these past couple of years, Luxury has managed to succeed Yarnc in becoming the better player though.
Commentator
Chobi
Profile Joined January 2009
45 Posts
March 01 2009 03:49 GMT
#14
On March 01 2009 12:38 zincsterio wrote:
It's kind of amusing that the Chinese community calls Luxury: "his brother" (that's what he's known by). Obviously it's cause he's Yarnc's brother, but can anyone who's familiar with the Chinese community tell me why that's the case? Isn't Luxury better than Yarnc, so shouldn't he have a proper name?


The Chinese community made up a lot of funny nicknames for the progamers.

Here's a good list.

prOxi.Beater
Profile Joined December 2008
Denmark626 Posts
March 01 2009 03:51 GMT
#15
I really, really hope Luxury can make it too the final. I've been a huge fan of Luxury ever since I first saw him play, so seeing him play (and hopefully win) in a final would be a great experience.

You can do it!
Nobody beats the Beater
zincsterio
Profile Joined March 2008
119 Posts
March 01 2009 03:55 GMT
#16
On March 01 2009 12:49 Chobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2009 12:38 zincsterio wrote:
It's kind of amusing that the Chinese community calls Luxury: "his brother" (that's what he's known by). Obviously it's cause he's Yarnc's brother, but can anyone who's familiar with the Chinese community tell me why that's the case? Isn't Luxury better than Yarnc, so shouldn't he have a proper name?


The Chinese community made up a lot of funny nicknames for the progamers.

Here's a good list.


Haha, thanks! This list is hilarious.

Does HwaSin really mean "peanut" in Korea? I mean, it does sound like the Chinese word for peanut.
mog87
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1586 Posts
March 01 2009 04:00 GMT
#17
Zero will perform an all kill on that family.
Emlary
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
China3334 Posts
March 01 2009 04:06 GMT
#18
On March 01 2009 12:55 zincsterio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2009 12:49 Chobi wrote:
On March 01 2009 12:38 zincsterio wrote:
It's kind of amusing that the Chinese community calls Luxury: "his brother" (that's what he's known by). Obviously it's cause he's Yarnc's brother, but can anyone who's familiar with the Chinese community tell me why that's the case? Isn't Luxury better than Yarnc, so shouldn't he have a proper name?


The Chinese community made up a lot of funny nicknames for the progamers.

Here's a good list.


Haha, thanks! This list is hilarious.

Does HwaSin really mean "peanut" in Korea? I mean, it does sound like the Chinese word for peanut.


I think the latest funny nick name Chinese community came up is "Flowerman" (Leta), which started when Leta took a rose flower on his ear at the MSL group selection. Flowerman comes from a hiliarous character from Stephen Chow's movies.

WARNING!
+ Show Spoiler +
No more SKT1, it's SKP2.
sixghost
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2096 Posts
March 01 2009 04:27 GMT
#19
This is definately lux's best chance at getting through to the finals. Watching him blow his lead vs Best was just awful, especially the game on troy
mG.sixghost @ iCCup || One ling, two ling, three ling, four... Camp four gas, then ultra-whore . -Saracen
Deleted User 31060
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
3788 Posts
March 01 2009 05:04 GMT
#20
On March 01 2009 12:55 zincsterio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2009 12:49 Chobi wrote:
On March 01 2009 12:38 zincsterio wrote:
It's kind of amusing that the Chinese community calls Luxury: "his brother" (that's what he's known by). Obviously it's cause he's Yarnc's brother, but can anyone who's familiar with the Chinese community tell me why that's the case? Isn't Luxury better than Yarnc, so shouldn't he have a proper name?


The Chinese community made up a lot of funny nicknames for the progamers.

Here's a good list.


Haha, thanks! This list is hilarious.

Does HwaSin really mean "peanut" in Korea? I mean, it does sound like the Chinese word for peanut.


it basically IS the chinese word for peanut.
Peaked at C- on ICCUP and proud of it! @Sunyveil
Tyxiquale
Profile Joined September 2008
Australia424 Posts
March 01 2009 05:29 GMT
#21
and if I'm not mistaken, the chinese translation for Jaedong is "emotional"

can any other person confirm that?
Dumb people don't know that they're dumb.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
March 01 2009 05:42 GMT
#22
Excitement, actually. Either that or unfreeze, depending on which characters you go with.
TranslatorBaa!
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
March 01 2009 05:43 GMT
#23
On March 01 2009 12:48 GTR wrote:
Yarnc was always destined to be the 'better player' IMO (he debuted like 9 months before Luxury, first to qualify for major leagues etc etc).

Somehow over these past couple of years, Luxury has managed to succeed Yarnc in becoming the better player though.

I thought that Luxury always had the better win percentage. At least, that's all I remember from the video about the twins.
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 363
UpATreeSC 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1434
actioN 455
BeSt 212
Dewaltoss 189
firebathero 95
Zeus 68
Trap 39
Sexy 27
zelot 26
soO 25
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 23
JYJ 20
Shine 17
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7436
qojqva2120
Dendi935
420jenkins155
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1019
Fnx 786
x6flipin430
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6280
crisheroes5663
Liquid`Hasu676
Other Games
Beastyqt679
B2W.Neo604
ceh9500
byalli368
ArmadaUGS173
C9.Mang0152
KnowMe151
Khaldor137
TKL 120
BRAT_OK 82
Trikslyr61
Railgan13
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV255
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH314
• StrangeGG 49
• Reevou 5
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 46
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• blackmanpl 17
• FirePhoenix12
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV431
League of Legends
• Nemesis3947
• TFBlade893
Other Games
• Shiphtur331
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 11m
Stellar Fest
19h 11m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.