• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:23
CEST 13:23
KST 20:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9278 users

Fighting Spirit - Or why I love Leta. - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
kawoq
Profile Joined November 2005
Guatemala357 Posts
February 26 2009 15:12 GMT
#21
Great article, I still remember when I first spotted Leta, I was checking the VODs in the TLPD and looking for games where the T won, and find a game of Leta cant even remember vr who it was but I really liked so I look for all the games of Leta and was amazed by all the games he won versus great players, I said wow who is this guy and started watching his games, game after game I could only said wow have someone in TL notice this??? cause I didnt read anything about him, I say I should make a post about it, but life is hard and I forgot lol... few days later he was in the Power Rank and I start hearing a lot about him... oh well now everyones now ^_^

He is a great player, I hope he doest fade out soon and win some tittles!!!
"It is not a shameful thing to be unable to reach the goal. It's becoming afraid and running away, even before considering the fact that the road is long and rough, that is truly cowardly." by - Lim Yo Hwan aka SlayerS_Boxer from "Crazy as me"
Urth
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1256 Posts
February 28 2009 10:25 GMT
#22
+ Show Spoiler +
hahaha, just laughing after losing g2 vs lux, leta is my new favorite player
BY.HERO FIGHTING!!!!
yukido
Profile Joined February 2009
Germany102 Posts
March 02 2009 22:50 GMT
#23
How is Leta's performance against Guemchi so special?

Granted, his vulture micro was good. But many terrans could have played just like this.
I feel that it wasn't really Leta's spirit that won him the match but rather Guemchi's total lack of defense against such simple harassment.

I mean, come on, not a single cannon in any of his bases? It was really sad to see a Protoss have that much trouble against vultures.
But then again, with those ridges, that map is clearly favoring terrans in that respect.

The games against Luxury were awesome, though.
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
March 02 2009 23:17 GMT
#24
On March 03 2009 07:50 yukido wrote:
How is Leta's performance against Guemchi so special?

You are right that Guemchi did not defend the harass well, it's just that there are not many terrans could have won that game from that position.
brood war for life, brood war forever
Kula
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States140 Posts
March 02 2009 23:43 GMT
#25
Nice article.!

I'll play on KGS with some of you guys.

Aim : Kula Lite

Cosmic Go ftw.!
whatusername
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada1181 Posts
March 02 2009 23:45 GMT
#26
i tried to play some go awhile ago (heh heh) but it was too overwhelming for me. maybe some go tl member could show me the ropes?
im gay
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
March 03 2009 03:23 GMT
#27
Leta is indeed awesome ;O

Flash has been my favorite terran for so long and his style has always identified with mine. But let's face it; Flash is rock solid, calculated, which equals BORING.

Leta is like the complete opposite, and when I watch him play I'm always like "Man I wish I could play terran like that".
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
Shiznick
Profile Joined December 2008
United States2200 Posts
March 03 2009 03:26 GMT
#28
On March 03 2009 12:23 meRz wrote:
Leta is indeed awesome ;O

Flash has been my favorite terran for so long and his style has always identified with mine. But let's face it; Flash is rock solid, calculated, which equals BORING.

Leta is like the complete opposite, and when I watch him play I'm always like "Man I wish I could play terran like that".

Flash, boring?
Let's not say things we might regret.
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
March 03 2009 03:39 GMT
#29
On March 03 2009 12:26 Shiznick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2009 12:23 meRz wrote:
Leta is indeed awesome ;O

Flash has been my favorite terran for so long and his style has always identified with mine. But let's face it; Flash is rock solid, calculated, which equals BORING.

Leta is like the complete opposite, and when I watch him play I'm always like "Man I wish I could play terran like that".

Flash, boring?
Let's not say things we might regret.


Yeah it's a harash generalization of his style seeing how he was flamed for "Only knowing how to cheese" in the beginning, then he'd start playing really textbook and people would claim that he's boring. Don't get me wrong, as a terran player myself, watching Flash is never boring. But I always thought that's because if you're a terran player, you can appriciate all the things Flash is doing in a different way than someone who's looking on a game from like an entertainment point of view.

What I meant to say with all that is I get WHY some people claim Flash is boring.
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4685 Posts
March 03 2009 04:07 GMT
#30
On March 03 2009 12:39 meRz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2009 12:26 Shiznick wrote:
On March 03 2009 12:23 meRz wrote:
Leta is indeed awesome ;O

Flash has been my favorite terran for so long and his style has always identified with mine. But let's face it; Flash is rock solid, calculated, which equals BORING.

Leta is like the complete opposite, and when I watch him play I'm always like "Man I wish I could play terran like that".

Flash, boring?
Let's not say things we might regret.


Yeah it's a harash generalization of his style seeing how he was flamed for "Only knowing how to cheese" in the beginning, then he'd start playing really textbook and people would claim that he's boring. Don't get me wrong, as a terran player myself, watching Flash is never boring. But I always thought that's because if you're a terran player, you can appriciate all the things Flash is doing in a different way than someone who's looking on a game from like an entertainment point of view.

What I meant to say with all that is I get WHY some people claim Flash is boring.


Flash is really one of the few people who I've ever seen playing a solid, calculated and unboring game. Oov and Nada come to mind. Seriously, I can't think of any Flash game where I honestly thought his play was boring
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
letafans
Profile Joined February 2009
China27 Posts
March 13 2009 04:43 GMT
#31
me too.leta fighting!!!
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
March 13 2009 11:09 GMT
#32
Flash = play greedy, build blob, kill enemy with blob. Leta: Using weird strat that seems to put him behind, do some fancy stuff, win.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM608
IndyStarCraft 136
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 608
Lowko427
IndyStarCraft 136
mouzHeroMarine 97
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21874
Free 5895
Jaedong 742
Horang2 528
BeSt 448
Soulkey 367
Soma 271
Mini 254
Larva 235
Zeus 218
[ Show more ]
Last 148
sorry 108
Hyun 89
Mind 83
Pusan 77
Sexy 51
Shinee 37
soO 31
scan(afreeca) 18
yabsab 15
Sacsri 13
ToSsGirL 12
zelot 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5177
Dendi319
XaKoH 272
XcaliburYe211
Counter-Strike
byalli712
Other Games
gofns37551
singsing2349
Coldzera 692
Happy383
B2W.Neo326
Pyrionflax235
ToD62
trigger1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 29
• StrangeGG 17
• Adnapsc2 15
• Light_VIP 9
• Gemini_19 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV379
League of Legends
• Jankos3758
Upcoming Events
Online Event
38m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 38m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.