• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:14
CEST 15:14
KST 22:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7196 users

How To Overcome Losing Streaks? - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
DanceCommander
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1808 Posts
February 09 2009 02:58 GMT
#21
I usually stop playing after 3-4 losses in a row, whether it be straight up loss or some cheese or whatever. I am a very emotional player and I lose focus even after one loss...

But making a snack sounds like a good start lol
The_Australian
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Australia458 Posts
February 09 2009 03:00 GMT
#22
I went through one that lasted a few weeks. i took a break for a while until i really wanted to play/got meh fire back. wanting to win really helps your gameplay and concentration
"Nothing should be unstoppable when you see it coming...." - Boxer
hugitout
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States379 Posts
February 09 2009 03:01 GMT
#23
you can always just give up and leave korea
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
February 09 2009 03:24 GMT
#24
Just go do something else not Starcraft-related. Play again the next day and you will feel refreshed.
Brood War loyalist
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 09 2009 03:25 GMT
#25
I go on battle.net and play 3v3 bghs -_-
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
miseiler
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1389 Posts
February 09 2009 03:31 GMT
#26
Wow guys. Two pages and only one person suggests offracing?

On February 09 2009 09:00 inReacH wrote:
Definitely go on bnet and play an offrace until you miss your actual race.
This works 100% of the time and you often learn things in the process.


You're probably losing because you aren't forced to think about your actions anymore.
There are other factors obviously, but this point is universal in competitive gaming. At some point you go automatic and your automatic just isn't cutting it.

So, offracing does two things:
1) You're forced to think about what you're doing
2) You learn something about your opponents' races
"Jinro soo manly wearing only a T-Shirt while the Koreans freeze in their jackets" -- Double_O
"He's from Sweden, man. We have to fight polar bears on our way to school." -- Yusername
Stingray
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom13 Posts
February 09 2009 04:07 GMT
#27
On February 09 2009 12:01 hugitout wrote:
you can always just give up and leave korea


ROFL ahhahahahahaha NONY!!!!!!!!!!!!

cujo2k
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada1044 Posts
February 09 2009 04:13 GMT
#28
In the case of losing to people that I should beat, I would usually take a small break and try to calm myself down before playing more. However, It is quite rare that I lose a game that I would normally win.. almost always I deserve to lose, so I just continue playing and try to shrug it off.
I would also not be surprised if most people overestimated their skill levels and tried to make excuses for when they lost, when in reality they probably deserved to lose.
THE ANSWER IS 288
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
February 09 2009 06:10 GMT
#29
one way to stop a losing streak is to not play anymore.
works for me every time.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
February 09 2009 06:29 GMT
#30
On February 09 2009 08:53 infinity21 wrote:
I just stop playing for a couple of weeks. Some people newbie bash to make themselves feel better


Weeks woot! I take a few hours off playing UMS and maybe do something else and then I'm BACK!
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
KsiretsA
Profile Joined February 2009
United States34 Posts
February 09 2009 13:25 GMT
#31
I usually just quit for another 3 months.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
February 09 2009 13:27 GMT
#32
Take a break and relax. I went from ~63-20 B- to 106-107 B- ;; (nearly against Koreans only and picked the good-record koreans) but.. I made a break. -..-
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
EsX_Raptor
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2802 Posts
February 09 2009 13:58 GMT
#33
i take my headset of and throw it somewhere while thinking on how i would fucking punch those nerds in the face if i had them right in front of me.
i go to kitchen, get something to drink, go outside and sit or kick a soccer ball, then go back inside get something to drink again, go upstairs, watch some reps and go play again if i feel like it.

i lose again and that's it for the day.

-_-
hymn
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Bulgaria832 Posts
February 09 2009 14:11 GMT
#34
On February 09 2009 12:01 hugitout wrote:
you can always just give up and leave korea

I really can't express how retarded this statement is and I really hope you get banned for bad manner...

As for the topic I do a few things:
- take a day or two break
- cheese until I win
- play in a bulgarian server where the people are really bad
- or I snort a line of amphetamines and I wait for about 30 minutes to kick in then I go back and win
azk he is the north american player but the titan he is the french stars
FirstBorn
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Romania3955 Posts
February 09 2009 14:31 GMT
#35
On February 09 2009 22:27 G.s)NarutO wrote:
Take a break and relax. I went from ~63-20 B- to 106-107 B- ;; (nearly against Koreans only and picked the good-record koreans) but.. I made a break. -..-


And ?

More on topic though, you got a few alternatives:

1. Take a break from starcraft or just stop playing for a bit. You usually return with a clear mind and will probably get back in shape in about 1 week.
2. Start analizing every replay you played, even the ones you win. Get a feel of the timings, placements and common mistakes players makes on different maps / mu's and try to find ways to overcome/exploit them.
3. I had a very good for 3 but I fogot it. Hope you'll get out of your slump though.
SonuvBob: Yes, the majority of TL is college-aged, and thus clearly stupid.
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-09 15:07:29
February 09 2009 15:06 GMT
#36
I try and keep my apm as high as possible during games (like 300+ of spamming) so I dont forget things and can stay motivated. I know what you mean though, I went from B-/C+ to losing to D+ cheese after only being inactive for a month and getting frustrated

The worst thing you can do when you get that feeling is to keep drudging your way through games IMO.

Oh and I work out a really cute non-standard BO's for each matchup to learn, which I do if I still can't win anything and need too cool off.
My. Copy. Is. Here.
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6183 Posts
February 09 2009 15:08 GMT
#37
On February 10 2009 00:06 Piy wrote:
I try and keep my apm as high as possible during games (like 300+ of spamming) so I dont forget things and can stay motivated. I know what you mean though, I went from B-/C+ to losing to D+ cheese after only being inactive for a month and getting frustrated

The worst thing you can do when you get that feeling is to keep drudging your way through games IMO.

Oh and I work out a really cute non-standard BO's for each matchup to learn, which I do if I still can't win anything and need too cool off.


just like me ^^
petzergling
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
538 Posts
February 09 2009 15:11 GMT
#38
Normally when I'm playing like shit I just roll a D account and crush kids with joke builds and offrace. Because of the recent news of nony leaving estro in combination of my awful 1-11 slump right now, I'm just going to take a break from D bashing on ICC for 3 days in honor of nony

If you consider yourself a mechanical player and/or you are playing physically poorly
Play against shitty kids(atleast 2 ranks below you) or east guys and trash them until you feel like your mechanics are back to normal.

If you consider yourself an emotional player and/or you are not thinking straight and making stupid mistakes
Take a break from playing any serious games for a few days.
Mod Edit: Don't bold your entire post
lazz
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia3119 Posts
February 09 2009 15:20 GMT
#39
On February 10 2009 00:11 petzergling wrote:
Normally when I'm playing like shit I just roll a D account and crush kids with joke builds and offrace. Because of the recent news of nony leaving estro in combination of my awful 1-11 slump right now, I'm just going to take a break from D bashing on ICC for 3 days in honor of nony


damn dude youre cool
QuoC
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States724 Posts
February 09 2009 22:45 GMT
#40
take a break
Dario "TLO" Wünsch -- Favorite SC2 Player
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings160
CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4908
Jaedong 3144
Leta 2065
Soulkey 1325
EffOrt 854
Horang2 445
Soma 430
BeSt 327
Rush 318
Mini 293
[ Show more ]
Stork 238
Light 224
Pusan 181
Killer 164
Zeus 139
ggaemo 137
Larva 135
Snow 134
Barracks 127
firebathero 97
Sea.KH 64
hero 62
Mong 55
JYJ 52
ToSsGirL 37
Sharp 32
Bale 31
sorry 28
Aegong 23
Shinee 21
Sexy 16
zelot 12
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Shine 8
JulyZerg 6
Rock 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc7291
Dendi696
qojqva574
XaKoH 407
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_197
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3989
Other Games
gofns45999
singsing1641
olofmeister1291
B2W.Neo790
byalli551
Lowko337
Livibee193
DeMusliM167
OGKoka 105
mouzStarbuck102
ArmadaUGS82
Liquid`VortiX81
Chillindude7
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV567
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream206
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 15
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV345
League of Legends
• Jankos1678
• Nemesis1114
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 46m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 46m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.