• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:22
CEST 23:22
KST 06:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8262 users

GGPlay back to Woongjin Stars

Forum Index > BW General
65 CommentsPost a Reply
Normal
Cadical *
Profile Joined September 2005
United States469 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-30 15:04:19
October 29 2008 08:38 GMT
#1
source:
http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=89335&db=issue&cate=&page=1&field=&kwrd=

As of 29th, Woongjin Stars decided to take back GGPlay from CJ Entus and requested to register him as Woongjin Stars player with KeSPA.

GGPlay moved originally from Hanbit Stars to CJ Entus on March of this year, and it has been about 8 month since he's moving back to his team.

GGPlay, along with Savior and Jaedong, is one of three major zerg progamers with 2007 Daum Starleague title and overall statistics of 187 wins - 143 losses with winning percentile of 56.67%.

While looking to increase its team strength through buying new players, Woongjin took considerations of fans request to take back GGPlay and made a decision. As a ace zerg player like GGPlay, Woongjin expects improvement in team lineup as well as for current Woongjin players.

Woongjin's coach Lee commented, "Personally I wanted to bring back this player more than any other players and I'm really happy that the transfer worked out," and added, "As a native team for GGPlay, I expect him to create synergy effect with current players quickly and contribute in increasing team's strength."

GGPlay commented, "It feels like going back home. I was worried when the team was about to be disbanded, but I was really happy when they found new sponsor with Woongjin," and said "I been through alot with the team's coach and players in the past, so I think I can focus on the game comfortably. I want to work together with teammates and qualify for the playoffs as well as to win the championship."
Facebook Twitter Reddit
IMBA
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
October 29 2008 08:43 GMT
#2
Wtf.... I never knew GGPlay was on Hanbit/Woongjin Stars


Meh, whatever
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
lokiM
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3407 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-29 08:45:12
October 29 2008 08:43 GMT
#3
This is awesome for Woongjin, I wonder who else they'll pickup and buy.
BanZu: he won OSL while on Hanbit Stars, TBH it's still weird for me to see GGPlay with a CJ uniform
You can't fight the feeling.
nujabes
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States286 Posts
October 29 2008 08:44 GMT
#4
that is good news~
cj has too many zergs for their lineup anyways
Guybrush
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Spain4744 Posts
October 29 2008 08:47 GMT
#5
Well his record for CJ in proleague has been awful. Only 1 proleague win against Mingu

Hope he plays better now that he's back in Woongjin.

Thanks for the news
Live2Win is awesome. Happy new year scarabi!
Naib
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Hungary4952 Posts
October 29 2008 08:52 GMT
#6
Heh, wow.
I always was a GGPlay fan (sort of, I guess - as much as a Protoss player can like a Zerg one ), but doesn't this sound like: "Hey, I was afraid of financial consequences, so I ditched my team I was loyal to for some phat $$ in CJ. Now that they're financially stable, I guess I can move back there and look patriotic about it."

Understandable...but a bit sad, don't you think?
Complete the cycle!
Cadical *
Profile Joined September 2005
United States469 Posts
October 29 2008 09:04 GMT
#7
On October 29 2008 17:52 Naib wrote:
Heh, wow.
I always was a GGPlay fan (sort of, I guess - as much as a Protoss player can like a Zerg one ), but doesn't this sound like: "Hey, I was afraid of financial consequences, so I ditched my team I was loyal to for some phat $$ in CJ. Now that they're financially stable, I guess I can move back there and look patriotic about it."

Understandable...but a bit sad, don't you think?


It's probably more like Hanbit sold ggplay to CJ for money to finance the team for a bit longer until they could find another sponsor.
IMBA
rA.Hippie
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Denmark714 Posts
October 29 2008 09:07 GMT
#8
YES! GGplay seriously blows. CJ entus has plenty of strong zergs at the moment. ( Not counting kwanro of course. Douchebag )
I love teh shisha.
jhNz
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Germany2762 Posts
October 29 2008 09:23 GMT
#9
that's so awesome for woongjin. i was so sad (especially for free) when i heard that ggplay moved to cj... nice to see him back!
http://twitter.com/jhNz
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
October 29 2008 09:36 GMT
#10
*shrugs*
Moderator<:3-/-<
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
October 29 2008 09:40 GMT
#11
llol wtf
o_o
nice of cj to agree to selling him back then i guess
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
dinmsab
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Malaysia2246 Posts
October 29 2008 09:54 GMT
#12
sell back? you kidding me... CJ probably asked for a refund.
..
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
October 29 2008 10:24 GMT
#13
BTW, when is Daezang leaving the army??
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
October 29 2008 10:34 GMT
#14
How do these things work anyway? Is it like the US sports system of Free agency + trades? Or do they actually buy/sell players instead?

CJ really didn't need zergs anyway. I'm surprised they even tried to get him in the first place. You'd think that teams like SKT1 or Khan would be the teams trying to get a fairly good zerg player to round out their lineup.
Meh
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
October 29 2008 10:38 GMT
#15
this is a first
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
October 29 2008 10:41 GMT
#16
On October 29 2008 17:52 Naib wrote:
Heh, wow.
I always was a GGPlay fan (sort of, I guess - as much as a Protoss player can like a Zerg one ), but doesn't this sound like: "Hey, I was afraid of financial consequences, so I ditched my team I was loyal to for some phat $$ in CJ. Now that they're financially stable, I guess I can move back there and look patriotic about it."

Understandable...but a bit sad, don't you think?



Uh, no. It doesn't sound like this at all. How do you draw such an absurd conclusion like that?
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
October 29 2008 10:52 GMT
#17
GGPlay will probably move to STX Soul next.
Brood War loyalist
PePe QuiCoSE
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Argentina1204 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-29 11:30:38
October 29 2008 11:30 GMT
#18
On October 29 2008 17:43 BanZu wrote:
Wtf.... I never knew GGPlay was on Hanbit/Woongjin Stars

What? :O

Man, GGPlay on Hanbit was really strong on proleague (part of the trio)
Iris vs GGPlay finals were damn good (specially of what were the expectations of that final).
NeverTheEndlessWiz
Profile Joined November 2003
Singapore827 Posts
October 29 2008 11:32 GMT
#19
Is it just me or that somehow I always felt GGPlay never really quite fit into CJ's lineup?
Retired Brood War player / WCG SG Top 8 for 2002, 2003, 2004, retired, then made minor comeback to Top 8 at 2008. 2009 = bleh xD
Jaeden
Profile Joined September 2008
Romania1489 Posts
October 29 2008 11:57 GMT
#20
sweet, now free doesn`t have to play in all ace matches D: ... uhm, never mind , he does :/
Boxer: " Lee Jae Dong is the best player. He`s all about the micro; he`s the player which has the most amazing control"
asel
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Germany1605 Posts
October 29 2008 11:58 GMT
#21
Wow, no joke, i've got the shining, on the same day that i dreamed of oov coming back, i searched eagerly which Team GGplay was on before CJ, then i thought "oh what a pity, free is there only Star now..." and now that lol... It's gettin scary
eSTRO for life | #3 Sea.Really fan! | GGoliath! | aeterna societas honoris | cbta~ | Flash makes Terran look like Toss | aka RevaL
NrG.Bamboo
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2756 Posts
October 29 2008 12:00 GMT
#22
YES! I love GGplay and really admire the Stars. Since he was on CJ I felt it kind of hard to root for him because I'm a big CJ anti-fan. This is awesome news for me ^____^;;
I need to protect all your life you can enjoy the vibrant life of your battery
cujo2k
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada1044 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-29 12:19:37
October 29 2008 12:18 GMT
#23
I guess it's not that bad for CJ, sAviOr/EffOrt are more than good enough to replace GGPlay. If anything, they had too much depth at Zerg.
Also, Coach Cho did say that he was pretty disappointed with GGPlay's performance last season, and felt that he needed more time to adjust to CJ's team culture in order to succeed.

edit: not a single person in this thread has the WStars icon by their name, quite sad lol.
THE ANSWER IS 288
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
October 29 2008 12:36 GMT
#24
Great for Woojin, I hope free will not get burdened to play two consecutive Proleague matches.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
October 29 2008 12:51 GMT
#25
GGplay and CJ just wasn't right
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
Realpenguin
Profile Joined December 2006
8253 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-29 13:01:37
October 29 2008 12:59 GMT
#26
YES!!!

Too bad Daezang gets out of the military on August 24, 2009. T.T
<Wolfpox> i remember when MVP beat that one guy, and everyone was like 'whoa' except that penguin dude.
Burre
Profile Joined September 2008
Sweden154 Posts
October 29 2008 13:35 GMT
#27
As appealing as a semi resurgence of the Chimera sounds, I think this is a horrible decision on Woongjin's part. GGplay is way past his prime, the guy is really old and what we saw during the OSL was most likely his last hurrah. Also, I think the Stars would have been better off looking for a terran player seeing as how Zero is already performing somewhat consistently in PL and neither Piano nor MVP are going to blow up anytime soon.
Initial_H.C.
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada560 Posts
October 29 2008 14:01 GMT
#28
This should be good for Free! Doesn't have to play 2 games each proleague series ">.<"
JoxxOr
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Sweden1502 Posts
October 29 2008 14:03 GMT
#29
WELCOME HOME

NOW RAPE SOME SHIT
Gör om, gör rätt
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
October 29 2008 14:05 GMT
#30
On October 29 2008 22:35 Burre wrote:
As appealing as a semi resurgence of the Chimera sounds, I think this is a horrible decision on Woongjin's part. GGplay is way past his prime, the guy is really old and what we saw during the OSL was most likely his last hurrah. Also, I think the Stars would have been better off looking for a terran player seeing as how Zero is already performing somewhat consistently in PL and neither Piano nor MVP are going to blow up anytime soon.
It's not just that though. GGPlay is a veteran in the team and has a positive influence on players. Younger players need good hyungs and GGPlay is exactly that to them, so he can help bolster the team spirit up even though he may suck. Thats why players like saint/pusan have suck around so long - because they are hyungs to MBC
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Substandard
Profile Joined October 2008
Italy270 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-29 14:28:29
October 29 2008 14:25 GMT
#31
I think this is a good move, both for the stars and cj. Really with Effort rising and Savior back in form, (maybe not dominant yet but way better than he has been in a long time) there is really no need and space for another zerg . There is always Kwanro as backup, in case theyd need one.
The stars really have been dependent on free and pretty much only free this season, this may help them out a lot.

That said, i never liked GGplay anyways. I soooooo wanted Iris to win that Osl because he simply deserved it imho...
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
October 29 2008 14:35 GMT
#32
interesting, i wonder how much he would cost to purchase
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
October 29 2008 15:22 GMT
#33
On October 29 2008 23:05 Plexa wrote:
[Thats why players like saint/pusan have suck around so long - because they are hyungs to MBC


Freudian slip?
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
October 29 2008 15:27 GMT
#34
On October 30 2008 00:22 Dknight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2008 23:05 Plexa wrote:
[Thats why players like saint/pusan have suck around so long - because they are hyungs to MBC


Freudian slip?

Rofl~
this is my quote.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
October 29 2008 15:30 GMT
#35
On October 30 2008 00:22 Dknight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2008 23:05 Plexa wrote:
[Thats why players like saint/pusan have suck around so long - because they are hyungs to MBC


Freudian slip?

saint and pusan are actually doing pretty well in proleague
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
.risingdragoon
Profile Joined January 2008
United States3021 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-29 16:43:47
October 29 2008 15:34 GMT
#36
quit yo mouthin' and get off of ggplay, he won a very emotional osl, and he's only a year older than iris

maybe cj's not the best place for him, and stars needs him a lot more, he's a damn good zerg player. I still remember his unsurroundable horseshoe lurker and stop lurker from those games.
......::::........::::........::::........::::........::::.......::::.......::::... Up☆MaGiC ...::::.......::::.......::::........::::........::::........::::........
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
October 29 2008 15:49 GMT
#37
oh nice

i'm glad things are looking up for the stars, its been a long time since they were a strong proleague force

but they never quit, even unsponsored as they were for a while
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
October 29 2008 16:01 GMT
#38
Well I've always like GGplay and even though I am sad to see him leave the team, I will still cheer for him in the future and am gracious for his efforts while wearing the CJ shirt.

Thanks dawg! Best back at Stars!
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
Texas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Germany2388 Posts
October 29 2008 16:12 GMT
#39
i never heard of woongjin team before; whats former team name?
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
October 29 2008 16:18 GMT
#40
On October 29 2008 18:54 dinmsab wrote:
sell back? you kidding me... CJ probably asked for a refund.

Hi.
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
October 29 2008 16:19 GMT
#41
On October 30 2008 01:12 Texas wrote:
i never heard of woongjin team before; whats former team name?


Hanbit
Hi.
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
October 29 2008 16:23 GMT
#42
On October 29 2008 23:35 KOFgokuon wrote:
interesting, i wonder how much he would cost to purchase


Ya. I'd love some more information on the prices paid and the reasons from CJ.
Plutonium
Profile Joined November 2007
United States2217 Posts
October 29 2008 16:24 GMT
#43
I wonder why SKT didn't try to snatch him up first.

God knows they need a decent zerg.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
October 29 2008 16:46 GMT
#44
I can't wait for the stars to start doing well, and this will def. help the team.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 29 2008 16:53 GMT
#45
On October 30 2008 01:24 Plutonium wrote:
I wonder why SKT didn't try to snatch him up first.

God knows they need a decent zerg.


Who needs a zerg when you have raping protoss and terran players.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
tKd_
Profile Joined February 2005
United States2916 Posts
October 29 2008 17:05 GMT
#46
On October 30 2008 01:53 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2008 01:24 Plutonium wrote:
I wonder why SKT didn't try to snatch him up first.

God knows they need a decent zerg.


Who needs a zerg when you have raping protoss and terran players.


so they know how to pvz.
benjammin
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2728 Posts
October 29 2008 17:25 GMT
#47
what is with all the ggplay hate? he won maybe the best starleague final in recent memory and made it to the osl quarters this year. i'd say he can beat any player on any day (except maybe JD).
wash uffitizi, drive me to firenze
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
October 29 2008 17:37 GMT
#48
They do really need GGplay, he is consistent at least.
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
village_idiot
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
2436 Posts
October 29 2008 18:04 GMT
#49
On October 30 2008 02:37 Fontong wrote:
They do really need GGplay, he is consistent at least.

Actually, he hasn't been doing too great lately.
Mazer
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada1086 Posts
October 29 2008 18:08 GMT
#50
The Stars definitely could use him seeing as how CJ already has Savior and Effort who are both playing well of late.
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
October 29 2008 18:59 GMT
#51
Woongjin sounds just so much stronger with GGPlay in the lineup..!
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
RamenStyle
Profile Joined September 2004
United States1929 Posts
October 29 2008 19:00 GMT
#52
On October 30 2008 03:04 village_idiot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2008 02:37 Fontong wrote:
They do really need GGplay, he is consistent at least.

Actually, he hasn't been doing too great lately.


Well, he has been consistently bad at PL. This trade was even more disappointing than when July went to SKT1. I think part of it was his lack of adaptation to the team. And he was expected to fill the void Savior left while he slumped, and maybe that was too much pressure.

I don't think he is going to suck as much as he did at CJ, but he definitely won't be anything close to an ace as Free is. But maybe he can pupil Zero to become a more than decent zerg. They even look equally dorky.
Tensai176
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Canada2061 Posts
October 29 2008 19:50 GMT
#53
On October 30 2008 01:53 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2008 01:24 Plutonium wrote:
I wonder why SKT didn't try to snatch him up first.

God knows they need a decent zerg.


Who needs a zerg when you have raping protoss and terran players.


So that SKT1 doesn't have to plan already knowing they're 0-1 going into the match...

Though I like the move, I'm very well sure that GGPlay will perform better with his old team, never seemed to mix well at the CJ house.
We see things they'll never see
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
October 29 2008 20:00 GMT
#54
Awwwwwwwww whyyyyyyyyyy

I guess more Z glory for Savior puahahaha
^-^
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
October 29 2008 20:19 GMT
#55
On October 29 2008 18:54 dinmsab wrote:
sell back? you kidding me... CJ probably asked for a refund.
Yah making it to the semi's of a starleague...how disappointing.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
October 29 2008 20:25 GMT
#56
this sucks
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
October 29 2008 20:28 GMT
#57
On October 30 2008 03:04 village_idiot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2008 02:37 Fontong wrote:
They do really need GGplay, he is consistent at least.

Actually, he hasn't been doing too great lately.

Ok, so I haven't been following him in PL. I didn't think he could be worse in PL than in individual leagues. Oh wait. Stork vs GGplay @ andromeda T.T. Yah I remember that one.
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 30 2008 00:15 GMT
#58
This is good. I'm glad to see Woongjin making something of themselves.

I feel very positively about this team. Especially since GGPlay is such a good player.
RIP Aaliyah
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
October 30 2008 00:30 GMT
#59
On October 30 2008 00:30 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2008 00:22 Dknight wrote:
On October 29 2008 23:05 Plexa wrote:
[Thats why players like saint/pusan have suck around so long - because they are hyungs to MBC


Freudian slip?

saint and pusan are actually doing pretty well in proleague


PL is for the men who can't handle the pressure and play in the big leagues.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
October 30 2008 00:42 GMT
#60
he went in CJ to see if he had a chance to go to Blizzcon.
apparently not.
Also training with Savior is proably worth it.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
October 30 2008 00:43 GMT
#61
On October 30 2008 04:00 RamenStyle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2008 03:04 village_idiot wrote:
On October 30 2008 02:37 Fontong wrote:
They do really need GGplay, he is consistent at least.

Actually, he hasn't been doing too great lately.


Well, he has been consistently bad at PL. This trade was even more disappointing than when July went to SKT1. I think part of it was his lack of adaptation to the team. And he was expected to fill the void Savior left while he slumped, and maybe that was too much pressure.

I don't think he is going to suck as much as he did at CJ, but he definitely won't be anything close to an ace as Free is. But maybe he can pupil Zero to become a more than decent zerg. They even look equally dorky.

i think zero looks adorable hehe
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Tekin
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
2711 Posts
October 30 2008 01:45 GMT
#62
OoOOOoo! Now they have 2 great players for stars LOL!!!
Cheers! //¯◡◡¯\\ 문채원 | 한지우 -___-
Showtime!
Profile Joined November 2007
Canada2938 Posts
October 30 2008 02:19 GMT
#63
I endorse this message.

This is great news for the Korean scene. I wonder what other deals they have in the works.

GO HANBIT!
Mini skirt season is right around the corner. ☻
MorningMusume11
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3490 Posts
October 30 2008 02:23 GMT
#64
what happened to the rumor of Light going over to Hanbit?
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
October 30 2008 05:20 GMT
#65
Good news for Woongjin (lol why are people still calling them Hanbit?) but GGplay is going to look gross in that lime green atrocity of a uniform.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
SilverskY
Profile Joined September 2008
Korea (South)3086 Posts
October 30 2008 06:00 GMT
#66
SKT needs to grab him instead, they have no solid zergs -_-;
Graphics
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 122
ProTech117
Nina 99
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13320
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2510
JimRising 268
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4971
Khaldor1387
Liquid`Hasu738
Other Games
summit1g6361
fl0m825
shahzam450
C9.Mang0191
FrodaN171
KnowMe137
ArmadaUGS121
ToD111
Mew2King65
JuggernautJason62
NeuroSwarm35
ViBE26
PPMD13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
Other Games
angryscii10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen127
Other Games
• imaqtpie934
• Shiphtur232
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 38m
Stellar Fest
15h 38m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.