• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:53
CEST 08:53
KST 15:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9318 users

request an older version of remastered game files

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
rym1020
Profile Joined April 2025
5 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-04-20 19:15:29
April 20 2025 18:26 GMT
#1
Hello everyone! Since blizzard released 1.23.5.8646 patch,hundreds of my replays involving AI participants which were recorded between 1.23.0 (9 July 2019) through 1.23.3 (7 April 2020) coundn't play back correctly,could you please provide me with the full game files include with patches between 1.23.0.6342 and 1.23.5.8607,otherwise my those replays will never play back correctly. I've searched everywhere but couldn't find these old version patches. I really have no other way. Those replays are very important for me ,so please help me ,thank you thank you thank you very much!!! My email:rym1020@qq.com


[image loading]

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/starcraft/t/patch-1235-notes/1594/117

*******************I promiss offering $100 reward to the one who can resolve my replays play back uncorrectly problem*****************
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3715 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-04-21 22:15:21
April 21 2025 22:14 GMT
#2
If you can get the various config values for the build, it is likely still up on Blizzard's CDN. Config values are like this:

https://blizztrack.com/api/manifest/s1/versions?seqn=1120515

Unfortunately Blizztrack's builds logs only seem to go back to 2022 (1.23.9): https://blizztrack.com/api/manifest/s1/seqn?file=versions&page=2

I have the exe's for these versions but unfortunately not the build configs, and it seems like ClientSDK has changed since then in a way that makes them not run with newer game data files. There may be some way to retrieve the old build configs from Blizzard's NGDP stuff directly, but AFAIK they really only let you get the current version's info.

Another possible avenue here is playing the replays back in a non-remastered version. I don't know that much had changed game-logic-wise between 1.16/1.17 and these versions, so this might be doable. I *believe* titan-reactor has some code somewhere to convert 1.18+ replays into the old format so they'd be playable by 1.16 + 1.17 (which are easier to find). If they didn't involve AI you could also just play them back in titan-reactor directly, but alas
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
rym1020
Profile Joined April 2025
5 Posts
April 22 2025 02:04 GMT
#3
Hello friend,

I found a file named ".build.info" on my computer, which contains the version number "1.23.0.6342" along with some configuration details. I suspect that the strings "2d4feef8d484e18511f18848aabdb287|f87052beb6fe7ef67001df2c6233fbcb|aa6a219902a4d578bd227a2ff7efc939" correspond to build_config, cdn_config, and product_config.

In addition, there are three other files: ".patch.result", ".product.db", and "Launcher.db". All four files have a modification date of July 10, 2019.

If you could provide me with the remaining files for version 1.23.0.6342—especially the "data" directory—I might be able to launch and run the game using this older version.

Let me know if you can help!
rym1020
Profile Joined April 2025
5 Posts
April 22 2025 10:42 GMT
#4
Hello everyone,

After testing, it has been found that the minimum requirements to launch StarCraft Remastered are having the following three files: .build.info, ClientSdk.dll, and StarCraft.exe, along with the Data folder in the game's root directory. The version number in .build.info must match the data version in the Data folder, and the versions of ClientSdk.dll and StarCraft.exe must also be consistent.

I'm not sure whether Blizzard developers placed the AI logic in the Data folder or within the main executable file StarCraft.exe, but I suspect it is most likely in StarCraft.exe. Therefore, if you still have any version of StarCraft.exe and its corresponding ClientSdk.dll from versions 1.23.0.6342 to 1.23.5.8607, please send them to my email at rym1020@qq.com. This might help resolve the replay playback error issue.

Best regards.
rtyrt7
Profile Joined August 2018
53 Posts
April 22 2025 21:24 GMT
#5
Hi! You could also get in touch with the people from these communities:

https://github.com/TheEngineeringBay/Starcraft-Community-Resources

https://old.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/

I think last working patch I still have running is patch 1.23.8, since I wanted to have more fun with the flying scv bug in offline mode for UMS, which I installed within Sandboxie Classic, I think. I know it's not what you wanted, but it's something. Sandboxie stores only the game files that were installed, and it also shows
them in a tree view, along with the game registries, IIRC. I suggest also trying to install the latest Starcraft patch in Sandboxie to see exactly what files and what registries are created upon installation, then maybe you could perhaps recreate the same structure for the old patch if you have the core files. Maybe the file structure / registries of my patch would be of help, but since I'm really busy, I don't know when I'd be able to help.

I also might have lower versions than 1.23.8 installed on different drives, not on Sandboxie though, but again, time is the issue for finding out where is is what.

Some videos about it:

This is for Sandboxie Plus:


This is for Sandboxie Classic:


rym1020
Profile Joined April 2025
5 Posts
April 23 2025 21:15 GMT
#6
I finally found the old version of StarCraft Remastered that can correctly play the replays recorded between July 9, 2019, and April 7, 2020. A player named wtang0426 shared version 1.23.3.7146 with me, and after testing, it works perfectly for playback.

wtang0426 posted the download link at:
https://game.ali213.net/thread-7188534-1-1.html

Since that website is often inaccessible, I’m resharing it here. Friends in need can grab it from:
https://pan.baidu.com/s/15JJ_IaxECW3iX0f8lLn5Gg?pwd=ugm2

Thank wtang0426!
rym1020
Profile Joined April 2025
5 Posts
April 23 2025 21:19 GMT
#7
On April 23 2025 06:24 rtyrt7 wrote:
Hi! You could also get in touch with the people from these communities:

https://github.com/TheEngineeringBay/Starcraft-Community-Resources

https://old.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/

I think last working patch I still have running is patch 1.23.8, since I wanted to have more fun with the flying scv bug in offline mode for UMS, which I installed within Sandboxie Classic, I think. I know it's not what you wanted, but it's something. Sandboxie stores only the game files that were installed, and it also shows
them in a tree view, along with the game registries, IIRC. I suggest also trying to install the latest Starcraft patch in Sandboxie to see exactly what files and what registries are created upon installation, then maybe you could perhaps recreate the same structure for the old patch if you have the core files. Maybe the file structure / registries of my patch would be of help, but since I'm really busy, I don't know when I'd be able to help.

I also might have lower versions than 1.23.8 installed on different drives, not on Sandboxie though, but again, time is the issue for finding out where is is what.

Some videos about it:

This is for Sandboxie Plus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_UnE3dePM

This is for Sandboxie Classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npnW1bTmjqE




thank you all the same
rtyrt7
Profile Joined August 2018
53 Posts
April 27 2025 05:29 GMT
#8
You're welcome! It's nice that you found it, and also thanks for sharing!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft757
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 780
ggaemo 323
Stork 270
Leta 186
PianO 99
ZergMaN 36
Hyuk 31
yabsab 23
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
League of Legends
Reynor72
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King193
Westballz38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor724
Other Games
summit1g10791
C9.Mang0280
PiGStarcraft170
Sick170
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Lourlo1400
• Stunt504
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 7m
Online Event
4h 7m
FEL
9h 7m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.