• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:19
CEST 22:19
KST 05:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8589 users

StarCraft Wiki - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Knickknack
Profile Joined February 2004
United States1187 Posts
August 13 2006 05:30 GMT
#21
Yea, the wiki setup looks much better. So, whats the offical word on perhaps switching to that.

Another thing that I dont like is how "formatting rules" and other similar games are in the page index. Sure its a page, but the avg visitor thats looking for info probably does not want to see that page when they are looking for sc info. Either get it out of the index and have a seperate section for it or have a seperate section for all sc info.
| www.ArtofProtoss.vze.com |
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-08-13 05:49:21
August 13 2006 05:48 GMT
#22
On August 13 2006 14:06 PanoRaMa wrote:
I noticed that there seems to be an inconsistency with the "proper Romanization" of the names of pro gamers. I don't have Korean text enabled here atm, but the proper romanization for the -| sound ("uh" ) is "eo". Oov's name is properly romanized Choi Yeon-Seong in that case, however you have it written as Choi Yeon-Sung as the proper romanization. In Romanization, the vowel "u" indicates the "oo" sound ( T looking character in Korean alphabet).

Just something to consider if you're looking to uphold the same quality and accurate standards that wiki upholds (I know you're not directly affiliated with them). Thanks for the site though, will come in handy.

edit: NaDa's is correct, Reach's is incorrect as it should be Park Jeong-Seok. I know it looks ugly and I prefer writing Jung-Suk myself when referring to him, but I suppose in the end it's all up to what you want, the socially accepted romanization of their names or the proper ones.



.... what?

My name has an -| [ I don't have korean on this computer either ] in it and it is definitely not pronounced with an ' eo ' sound.

Kang Chul Min. It is not Kang Cheol Min.
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
August 13 2006 05:55 GMT
#23
--- Nuked ---
bine
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States2352 Posts
August 13 2006 06:04 GMT
#24
On August 13 2006 14:30 Knickknack wrote:
Yea, the wiki setup looks much better. So, whats the offical word on perhaps switching to that.

Another thing that I dont like is how "formatting rules" and other similar games are in the page index. Sure its a page, but the avg visitor thats looking for info probably does not want to see that page when they are looking for sc info. Either get it out of the index and have a seperate section for it or have a seperate section for all sc info.


I've heard that they are considering an eventual switch to the wikimedia engine, depending on what feedback they get. If you think they should switch engines, i would recommend posting that in their thread. That said, its a job for the PGT webmasters, who you can imagine stay swamped, so regardless it would take awhile even if they did decide to change it.
2dd
Profile Joined September 2005
Belgium421 Posts
August 13 2006 06:08 GMT
#25
looks great!
PanoRaMa
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States5070 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-08-13 07:26:34
August 13 2006 07:25 GMT
#26
On August 13 2006 14:48 Ack1027 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2006 14:06 PanoRaMa wrote:
I noticed that there seems to be an inconsistency with the "proper Romanization" of the names of pro gamers. I don't have Korean text enabled here atm, but the proper romanization for the -| sound ("uh" ) is "eo". Oov's name is properly romanized Choi Yeon-Seong in that case, however you have it written as Choi Yeon-Sung as the proper romanization. In Romanization, the vowel "u" indicates the "oo" sound ( T looking character in Korean alphabet).

Just something to consider if you're looking to uphold the same quality and accurate standards that wiki upholds (I know you're not directly affiliated with them). Thanks for the site though, will come in handy.

edit: NaDa's is correct, Reach's is incorrect as it should be Park Jeong-Seok. I know it looks ugly and I prefer writing Jung-Suk myself when referring to him, but I suppose in the end it's all up to what you want, the socially accepted romanization of their names or the proper ones.



.... what?

My name has an -| [ I don't have korean on this computer either ] in it and it is definitely not pronounced with an ' eo ' sound.

Kang Chul Min. It is not Kang Cheol Min.


Pronounciation is different from spelling. AFAIK there are several types of romanization systems in use today but the prevalent one spells -| as "eo", T as "u", and -- as "eu".

I don't like how "Jeong Seok" looks either, but that's the accepted way of spelling it if I'm not mistaken.

edit: Revised Romanization method, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Romanization
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 13 2006 07:30 GMT
#27
I'm really looking forward to how much time i will waste reading this wiki page once school starts again =)
bine
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States2352 Posts
August 13 2006 11:48 GMT
#28
can someone please tell me the names/races/countries of all previous members of Team Liquid for the SGW?
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
August 13 2006 12:13 GMT
#29
lol wow my country doesn't know english.
We can't romanize our language for SHIT... I'm really quite ashamed we have such a non existant grasp on english pronounciation...

아이고 인간들아~
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
August 13 2006 12:39 GMT
#30
Nice stuff Should be a good lasting memory and a fantastic referance!
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 24 2006 02:10 GMT
#31
On August 13 2006 14:06 PanoRaMa wrote:
I noticed that there seems to be an inconsistency with the "proper Romanization" of the names of pro gamers. I don't have Korean text enabled here atm, but the proper romanization for the -| sound ("uh" ) is "eo". Oov's name is properly romanized Choi Yeon-Seong in that case, however you have it written as Choi Yeon-Sung as the proper romanization. In Romanization, the vowel "u" indicates the "oo" sound ( T looking character in Korean alphabet).

Just something to consider if you're looking to uphold the same quality and accurate standards that wiki upholds (I know you're not directly affiliated with them). Thanks for the site though, will come in handy.

edit: NaDa's is correct, Reach's is incorrect as it should be Park Jeong-Seok. I know it looks ugly and I prefer writing Jung-Suk myself when referring to him, but I suppose in the end it's all up to what you want, the socially accepted romanization of their names or the proper ones.

Yeah, we should AT LEAST decide on which one to use, so it's used across the board

I just recently started adding stuff there, going to try to add the records/birth dates of all the pros to start with (I recently discovered that you can find all their stats at e-sports.co.kr 8] even though I'm unsure when they update).

Hopefully it can become as awesome as http://senseis.xmp.net/ (this wiki is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazingly comprehensive, it's for Go and I love that site, there's just so much info - from go-sayings to famous go games to go players to strategy and history).
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 24 2006 10:54 GMT
#32
Ok, I think the title of this might need to be changed to Starcraft Wiki or something, I think it's getting way too little attention.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Endurance
Profile Joined August 2006
United States119 Posts
August 24 2006 10:58 GMT
#33
For starters, we can go and make sure all our community sites display the button.
-Endurance
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
August 24 2006 12:08 GMT
#34
That button is pretty ugly tbh.

However, I will continue to promote the Wiki.
ModeratorGodfather
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
August 24 2006 12:08 GMT
#35
I also changed the title so it is easier to find with the search.
ModeratorGodfather
Endurance
Profile Joined August 2006
United States119 Posts
August 24 2006 12:50 GMT
#36
On August 24 2006 21:08 Manifesto7 wrote:
That button is pretty ugly tbh.

However, I will continue to promote the Wiki.



Well, we could always make a new one. ^^

I could just get the guys in the graphics forum to make one with a contest if that's what's needed. What do you think? I don't know if a prettier button should be a priority right now or not.
-Endurance
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
August 24 2006 13:46 GMT
#37
I dont know if it is a priority or not either. I just know that when I saw it, I thought it would not look good on this site so I didnt suggest putting it on here. However, I really like the idea of having a wiki button which would bind the community to the wiki.

ModeratorGodfather
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
August 24 2006 13:56 GMT
#38
i have no idea how that thing works, i really want to post stuff but whenever i double click to edit it gives me an entirely empty 'edit box' thing, last time i thought i somehow erased the whole damn wiki - _-a

and how come people have this ".....owneR: Endurance" or whatever shit there?? i made a post for YellOw and GooDLucK and i dont get how to add all that crap in. godamn. lol
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 24 2006 21:10 GMT
#39
Well, first of all, register.

And if you get something that says like, {{include MaJaeYoon}}, then you are at a mirror entry of MaJaeYoon and should go to MaJaeYoon instead of IPXZerg to do the edits (I discovered this just today :D!).


Second, guys - don't use my 'progamer accomplishments' article when you list achievments, you can use it as a base but it doesn't look professional, as it's a running text. Use the articles section and check 'OGN Starleagues history' and 'MBC Starleagues history' instead plz, and include the year of the tournament Looks way better.

I'll be adding in some more stuff from ygclan's gamerdb + stats from e-sports.co.kr continuously o_O~
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
GroT
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Belgium3003 Posts
August 24 2006 21:21 GMT
#40
StarCraft


lmao
DANCE ALL DAY
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 615
UpATreeSC 98
JuggernautJason5
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 765
Dewaltoss 113
firebathero 85
Zeus 65
Trap 37
910 36
NaDa 28
Bale 27
ToSsGirL 20
Shine 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever159
Counter-Strike
edward75
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS133
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2765
Liquid`Hasu2286
Other Games
summit1g5760
B2W.Neo628
Beastyqt612
byalli404
shahzam390
C9.Mang0173
ToD168
KnowMe140
TKL 115
Railgan16
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 49
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• blackmanpl 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• WagamamaTV272
• Shiphtur264
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 41m
Stellar Fest
16h 41m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.