• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:10
CEST 07:10
KST 14:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7753 users

Call Me Maybe!

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 23:27:30
August 31 2012 23:01 GMT
#1
Call Me Maybe!


Hey! I just met you! This may sound craaazy! But I love Brood War, so Call Me Maybe!
Hey, I'll never meet you, I may sound craaazy! But we love Brood War, so Call Me Maybe!



[To be sung to the tune of Ghostbusters Theme Song]
+ Show Spoiler [Awesome Song] +
If you want to pay,
Some good Brood War.
Who you gonna call?
TEAM LIQUID!

If you think it's weird,
You can't find friends.
Who you gonna call??
TEAM LIQUID!

[musicality]
I an't got friends online :E
I an't got friends online 3:

OP TeamLiquid,
Seems pretty dead.
Who can you call?
TEAM LIQUID!

A passionate nerd,
Who dun wanna go to bed,
[Aoooh] Who can you call?
TEAM LIQUID

[musicality]
I can't find a host ]:
Why no-one want to host? }:


Who you gonna Call?
TEAM LIQUID


If you're all alone,
Pick up the phone,
And Call!
TEAM LIQUID!


"I have a friend who can host."
"Ooh I hear he likes to host!"
"We have friends who can host!"
YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH


Who you gonna call?
TEAM LIQUID!

Mmmh if, you want games, baby,
you'd better call:
TEAM LIQUID!


[breakdown]
Lemme tell u sumthn,
PLAYIN MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!

"I know people who host!"
"Race Wars, Team Mele most!"
Don't get caught alone no no!
TEAM LIQUID!


When there's no one who cares,
But you still want Race Wars,
I think you'd better call:
TEAM LIQIUD!

. . .




The best connections I have with people from TeamLiquid are the ones I happened to run into online, and played games with. It was so much better when a Skype or TeamSpeak (TS) call was set up. Especially in these hard times, spirit and community unity are really important, so this thread is a resource for anyone who logged onto BW, and just wanted to play some fun games with friends (from TL), but couldn't find any since they weren't online.

So, the idea is to have a centralized resource for 'finding BW games with TL people'. Requesting basic availability and contact details. This way, you can make your own friends, TeenLiquid style! Simply give me your bank details, mainly location and Skype contacts, and you're just that much closer to having friends! It couldn't be easier.



I love nice formatting, so for the sake of saving me effort (so I can just copypasta it), please put a little gosu BBCode effort while you post your details in the following exact format:
POST YO SHIT LIKE THIS
[code] [spoiler={TL Name} ]
{Location Category}
{Skype, [and specify other Calling Contact, e.g. Mumble, RS]}
{Preferred Gaming Server}
{Exact Time Zone in GMT, [Country]}
{Weekly/monthly availability, days + your local time}
{Game-type preferences}
{Something cool that you like, which when remembered will make you like those who mention it}
[/spoiler] [/c@de]

Replace '@' 's by 'o' 's in yours.

Timezone in GMT, because US letters give pain to the brain and confuse the fok outta anyone not in the US. Plus this way it's fair for all.




So for example, if I were submitting my details to the database, it'd look exactly like this:

[spoiler=bITt.mAN]
Europe
G.Rome2
iCCup
GMT + 0:00, Scotland
Fridays Saturdays 21:00 onwards
Team Mele, Race Wars, Micro, Testing User-Made-Maps, TvT ZvZ, chillin, low-level lulz games
Rubik's Cubes are the shit, so is BreakDance and DnB. + Chemistryy :3 CH=Swissland
[/spoiler]




I'll try and update these as often as I can:

+ Show Spoiler [US-West] +
People who live on the West Coast. Korea too if you can...






+ Show Spoiler [US-East] +
People who live on the East Coast. West Europe too if you can make it work...

+ Show Spoiler [TBone-] +

US-East
itmeSymtex
iCCup
GMT-5, USA, Maine
Weekends mostly, changes by the week.
1v1, preferebly with other D ranked players
I love ultimate frisbee, designing/coding websites, and playing challenging games!





+ Show Spoiler [Europe] +
People in Europe. Mebe US-East too.


+ Show Spoiler [bITt.mAN] +

Europe
G.Rome2
iCCup
GMT + 0:00, Scotland
Fridays Saturdays 21:00 onwards
Team Mele, Race Wars, Micro, Testing User-Made-Maps, TvT ZvZ, chillin, low-level lulz games
Rubik's Cubes are the shit, so is BreakDance and DnB. + Chemistryy :3 CH=Swissland


+ Show Spoiler [Djagulingu] +

Europe
kemalardil
iccup
Turkey, GMT+3
Mostly weekends, or after 8PM EET
ZvT, ZvZ, ZvP
Get A+ or die tryin'




+ Show Spoiler [Middle East] +
People in between Europe and Asia. Eastern Europe too, I guess.


e.g. BlinD-RawR in Indiaaa



+ Show Spoiler [Asia] +
Asia, you cool kids.





Onward, men, to new friendships!
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 23:39:17
August 31 2012 23:19 GMT
#2
This seems like a great idea! Hopefully I don't mess it up.
 [spoiler={TL Name: TBone-} ]
{Location Category: Maine, USA}
{Skype:itmeSymtex}
{Iccup}
{GMT-5, [USA}
{Weekends mostly, changes by the week.}
{1v1, preferebly with other D ranked players}
{I love ultimate frisbee, designing/coding websites, and playing challenging games!}
[/spoiler]


t.t can't figure out why my spoilers arn't working.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 23:24:07
August 31 2012 23:23 GMT
#3
+ Show Spoiler [Djagulingu] +

Europe
kemalardil
iccup
Turkey, GMT+3
Mostly weekends, or after 8PM EET
ZvT, ZvZ, ZvP
Get A+ or die tryin'
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-01 00:13:21
August 31 2012 23:29 GMT
#4
Yay, someone read one of my threads for once ^^

The idea with the code layout is this:
[spoiler=my name here]
my stuff
blah
blah
[/spoiler]


SO, all I have to do is copy-paste what's in the code box, and it imbeds like this:
+ Show Spoiler [my name here] +

my stuff
blah
blah


Ain't it pretty. I'd like to add a 'tally' number at the front so you can get an idea if anyone new's submitted.


EDIT:
Game
Well I thought up of it more of a 'I wanna TeamMele (+ RW), and the only people who'd ever do that are people I know from TL, so let's pool our contact details so we can arrange to play silly/fun games with friends'
I mean, it'll be a good resource for proper practice as well, I guess (check Practice Partners thread), but I really envision it to be more of a relation-building thing, where you form your group of people who can play at the same time, and.you.just.play. Hence the emphasis on calling and verbal interaction, as it's much more immersive experience when you get to chat with the guys.
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
August 31 2012 23:53 GMT
#5
So, I know this looks bad posting this so early in the thread without any requested content. But I'd like to see this be applicable for C+ through B players (skill maximum) since they have the most disorganized social aspect of the community. I'd also like to play them.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
September 30 2012 18:00 GMT
#6
Come on guys, I promise to be active if I actually had IRL contacts and people to arrange a time to play. It is properly rewarding just to play a few fun games with people over Skype, but I can't if we don't have no contact details ^^
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
September 30 2012 18:38 GMT
#7
I'm a bit confused, this feels like a mix of the practice partner thread + sgs skype group. I think you should just join us on skype? Everyone?! Hell yeah!

One issue with the practice partner thread, and the thing you're suggesting here, is that you'll be making a list and the list will continuously grow in numbers of inactive players. Those who will come later will pm 5 people and not get any response and feel discouraged. You'd probably have to be creating multiple threads as in "seasons" (i think this is what they're doing for sc2). This problem won't come up in the skype group, just join us, engage in the daily conversations, ask for a game and eventually you'll find your best buddy. It's also more natural and fun that way.

Not saying this is a bad idea but it feels.. excessive? Also, I thought you were leaving the scene? that changed?
come join us on skype? http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=272674
En Taro Violet
Deleted User 268575
Profile Joined June 2012
146 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-02 06:15:50
October 02 2012 06:15 GMT
#8
In the SGS skype group as well but might as well add something here to contribute
+ Show Spoiler [{Jemah} ] +

US (West)
Skype: jamesuh1
ICCup and or Fish
GMT-7 USA
Variable due to work/ school
mass 1s for practice, replay analysis, UMS funsies, RvR or off race funsies, basically anything
i like BW
http://twitch.tv/jemah
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 109
SortOf 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2219
Mong 98
Shinee 75
HiyA 75
sorry 30
NotJumperer 14
Noble 12
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1315
NeuroSwarm173
League of Legends
JimRising 670
Reynor39
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft615
Other Games
summit1g7060
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0328
PiGStarcraft235
ArmadaUGS47
RuFF_SC226
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick761
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream423
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2143
League of Legends
• Lourlo1330
• Rush1230
• Stunt347
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.