• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:34
CEST 10:34
KST 17:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9995 users

[winner's Interview] CJ vs ACE

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
jellyfish
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States149 Posts
March 16 2012 19:53 GMT
#1
CJ’s victors: “There’s no doubt we’ll crush KT.”

[image loading]
The three who secured CJ’s post-season: Effort, Leta, Horang2

Even since season 1 of the SK Planet Starcraft Proleague, CJ had some complications. Although they started off round 1 with 3 straight wins, in mid-season they feel into a 4 loss streak; afterwards they traded wins and losses until they teetered on disqualification [for the post-season]. On the 11th, they lost to STX – the worst-case scenario. With Woongjin’s loss to Samsung, though, they seized the opportunity to beat ACE in the last match of the season, entering the post-season in a dramatic fashion. Leta, Effort, and Horang2, who lifted CJ to victory, said, “Just like we overcame our crisis, we have no doubt we’ll do well in the post-season.”

Q: Thoughts on your dramatic entrance to the post-season
Leta: We struggled to the post-season on the very last match. But, I have no doubt we’ll fight just as hard in the post-season as we did in this tense situation.
Effort: It was a dramatic victory. The situation in the late season was worrying to the point of being discouraging. Regardless, we made it to the PS, and the burden’s gone. We play in just a few days, and I want to taste this happiness again.
Horang2: I feel like our team got to this point because my results weren’t good. I’ll celebrate until 12 midnight and get right back to practicing tomorrow.

Q: You lost to STX three weeks ago.
Effort: Had Woongjin won, we would’ve been disqualified. I was really stressed. Watching the match on TV in the dorm, I was nervous. I was rooting for Samsung so hard. When Woongjin lost I was reinvigorated and started practicing to win.

Q: Since you retired and came back, it’s your first post-season in two years.
Effort: Not even once did I have good post-season results. I only have bad memories. I’ll give it my all to turn those into good memories. I’d like to get results I can be proud of.

Q: You used a 4pool strategy.
Effort: After I morphed the first drone, a weird feeling came over me. I followed those feelings and played freestyle, with good results. I thought Piano might use a non-standard strategy, and I think I made the right play.

Q: As always, your style is to ramp it up in the end
Leta: In anything, you have to end well to have a good outcome. Only in concluding well can you reap what you sow. When it gets to the late season, I unconsciously intensify my concentration.

Q: You’re similar to Leta. You’re strong near the season’s end
Horang2: I set a goal for .500 win rate this season, and with today’s match I’m 6-6. I achieved both my and the team’s goals together. To be honest, my set goals were a bit low and I felt sorry to the team. When I lost the 5th set in the STX match, I could dealt a huge blow to the team, but I think I offset that a little with today’s win. I felt bad in that last match because I felt like I was destroying the team’s hopes.

Q: You’ve got a match with KT. How are you going to prepare for Flash
Leta: If all the players put their heads together and make good entries and good strategies I think we can win. Our team made a dramatic entrance to the post-season and our will to win is high. This time, we’ll avenge our defeat in last year’s post-season, I’m confident of that.
Effort: We’ve beaten KT in the last match of the season before. With the 7set format I think we have a chance to win.
Horang2: The KT players all have good records. Rather than focus on Flash, I’d rather concentrate on the overall victory. Since all the KT players are of high caliber I think it’ll be a hard fight. But, with the right preparation, there’s no mountain you can’t scale. I’ll prepare in order to beat whoever I face.

Q: Thoughts on your match with KT
Leta: They’re last season’s champions, a collection of strong players. But they’re not strong just because of Flash. Stats and the rest are skilled. But if you consider it overall, our team has enough to take down KT. I think the 7set format will cause an upset.
Effort: In proleague, a single player can’t make good team results. The other players must contribute, and you even have to practice as one, to get results. Therefore, I think KT is a team with good synergy. I think they’re strong and play well, but if we apply ourselves I don’t think they’re unbeatable.

Q: Any CJ players you think will make big impacts
Leta: I have a feeling Horang2’s going to do something. I got the same question last year and picked Horang2. He did well for us last year, too. Because he’s improved since last year I think he’ll do even better for us this year.
Effort: I’m going to pick Horang2, too. I think he’ll face Flash and come out ok.
Horang2: I guess I should end the interview quickly and go practice. The pressure…

Q: Anything else you want to say
Leta: As much as we struggled to get here, we’ll give it our all til the end. If the fans keep cheering us we’ll repay them with good results.
Effort: I think the fans would have been as nerve-wracked as we were. In the post-season, we’ll make everyone think of us as a confident team instead.
Horang2: The regular season’s done. I’m thankful for the fans who rooted for us til now. Other players helped us practice. Because they were a big help we closed out the season well. I hope we’ll work together for good results. I have no doubts we’ll win it all.

Daily esports reporter Nam Yoonsung thenam@dailyesports.com
A world of eSports with SK Telecom (www.sktelecom.com)

original: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=57831

+ Show Spoiler +
im back! sorry for all the missed interviews...my harddrive bricked out of the blue, and then I was out of town for a week and a half. consider this (belated) translation as hype for the playoff match tonight
johanes
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Czech Republic2246 Posts
March 16 2012 20:19 GMT
#2
TY for the interview, looking forward to the match vs KT!
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
March 16 2012 20:19 GMT
#3
Oh god, Leta's hair.
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-16 21:17:50
March 16 2012 20:34 GMT
#4
Thanks!
Edit: But I wish I never noticed the title, now it's bothering me now...
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
March 16 2012 21:04 GMT
#5
They look so happy!
Thanks for the translation, always appreciated
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
chaosTheory_14cc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1270 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-16 21:15:19
March 16 2012 21:10 GMT
#6
Thank you for translating.

Leta looks like Joker.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
March 16 2012 21:21 GMT
#7
Leta looks extremely similar to Nal_rA in that picture. o.o
-
jaQi
Profile Joined December 2010
1121 Posts
March 16 2012 21:26 GMT
#8
Again, TLPD shows the wrong result, it says: Horang2 lost to Kal.
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
March 16 2012 21:27 GMT
#9
Horang2: I guess I should end the interview quickly and go practice. The pressure…

hahaha Horang2 is the best <3
KTY
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
March 16 2012 21:47 GMT
#10
The Alien Team strikes back!
Potling
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway298 Posts
March 16 2012 22:03 GMT
#11
Wow, Effort looks like an old man in that picture.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
March 16 2012 22:10 GMT
#12
Oh CJ, CJ CJ all smiles and whatnot lol
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
March 16 2012 22:12 GMT
#13
"we beat ace so kt should be a walk in the park"

wat
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
yesplz
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States295 Posts
March 16 2012 22:13 GMT
#14
"Effort: After I morphed the first drone, a weird feeling came over me."
Haha nice game instincts
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
March 16 2012 22:18 GMT
#15
On March 17 2012 07:12 prplhz wrote:
"we beat ace so kt should be a walk in the park"

wat


Hey ACE have a winning record vs KT this season lol
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
March 16 2012 23:27 GMT
#16
The format is bo7? damn... I think CJ CJ has more potential, but KT will win.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Seri
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
England86 Posts
March 16 2012 23:28 GMT
#17
Horang2 is new CJ ace player. gogo Horang2
On that note Would be fun to have a good Flash vs Horang2 match.
Never Forget KT Zergs Hoejja <3 Action <3 Crazy-Hydra <3
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
March 17 2012 00:28 GMT
#18
KT will win if they manage to make a few clones of Flash and Stats.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Renkaoru
Profile Joined October 2010
390 Posts
March 17 2012 01:19 GMT
#19
Thanks for the translation, jellyfish.

Wow this picture, CJ Entus must have a very good fitness program for its players. Last time I remembered Horang2 was a chubby cutie pie. I'll be rooting for CJ against KT. Go CJ Entertain Us!
God is in His heaven. All is right with the world.
MeteorRise
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada611 Posts
March 17 2012 02:10 GMT
#20
Hahaha horang2 is so cute. Im cheering for cj all the way. Make some miracles happen and beat flash!
Elegance, in all things.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 512
Hyuk 310
910 230
Killer 76
Dewaltoss 58
Shinee 34
Mind 28
NotJumperer 27
ZergMaN 27
Bale 21
[ Show more ]
yabsab 19
Noble 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe130
League of Legends
JimRising 471
Counter-Strike
olofmeister892
ceh9552
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2063
Khaldor506
Other Games
singsing1021
Sick241
XBOCT210
Mew2King148
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick732
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream251
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH148
• LUISG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2315
League of Legends
• Jankos1114
• Stunt548
Other Games
• WagamamaTV73
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 27m
Stellar Fest
4h 27m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.