• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:05
CEST 22:05
KST 05:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8966 users

[Winner's Interview] CJ Entus vs Team 8

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Kimoleon
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-15 10:33:17
January 15 2012 09:57 GMT
#1
CJ Entus vs Team 8 Interview

20120115 - Your winners, Team 8!!! *cheers*

Park Soo Bum ((P)Tyson) "Come out (T)Light!"


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



For Team 8, (P)Tyson has been playing as the 6th man. He had fewer entries than other players but when he won it provided a positive influence for his team. In the 1st round, he won against Air Force ACE’s (T)firebathero, but after 2 losses came back big against CJ. In the next match against Woongjin, Tyson asked for a match against his former teammate from his MBC days, Lee Jae Ho ((T)Light). He showed confidence in his strong PvT and the fact that is weak verses Protoss.


Q. How do you feel ending your losing streak?
A. I am happy to help end the team’s losing streak. I want keep contributing to team wins. Personally I was in a 2 game losing streak, but I was more concerned about the team. Before today’s match I felt like I was going to win

Q. Why did you ‘have’ to win?
A. Because we’ve been losing so much we need to change the team mood. That’s why I thought I had to win.

Q. How was today’s game.
A. Since I haven’t been sent in a while, my control was slightly off. My hands kept sweating and I had to wipe my hands during the match. Because it was such an important game, I felt nervous.

Q. You didn’t get many matches, but you played many team Aces.
A. I had plenty of chance to win but I lost from mistakes. Recently progamer skill levels are averaging out in such a high class there is no big difference anymore.

Q. Your team was in a losing streak but the atmosphere does not look bad.
A. We were in a 6 game losing streak but we were cheerful enough to the point we did not recognize it. The team atmosphere was fine.

Q. The next Woongjin Stars player you want to meet?

A. I want to meet Lee Jae Ho ((T)Light). Even if Light goes into a management style game, I can beat him. The reason why Light’s record is good is because he keeps meeting Zergs. He is such a lucky player. I know he loses many of his TvP games. (laugh)

Q. Your losing streak made your fans worried.
A. We disappointed our fans. Onwards I want to keep winning to support our team.

Q. Last words?

A. Today MBC Game Hero 3 original players won today. I haven’t been doing so good so I have been getting lots of criticism, but I’m happy I won today. After the creation of Team 8, it wasn’t the coach’s fault I could not win my games; I will try even harder to be a helping member of my team.


Kim Jae Hoon ((P)Jaehoon) "A Team Victory"


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



After the decision of the draw, Team 8’s Kim Jae Hoon ((P)Jaehoon) face was looked serious. Using Dark Templars against Lee Kyung Min ((P)Horang2) and the same by Horang2, it turned into a situation where both could not win. After talking to his coaching staff, Jaehoon chose a strategy to end the game with 2 gateways. This strategy worked with success, and it helped take the lead into the next set. It gave the chance to Sea in a 2:1 situation, it was a great strategic victory for Team 8.

Q. How do you feel ending your losing streak?
A. I am happy to contribute ending this streak. We have been judged as two weak Protoss, but since we both won I believe the team will do better in the future.

Q. This season you lost to many ‘Strategic’ plays.
A. I am not one to keep getting owned by them. Just like against Lee Kyung Min ((P)Horang2) today, I showed that I can also with a strategic play.

Q. Today Dark Templar strategies crossed over and created a rematch.
A. I sent my Dragoons to attack but since they could not reach inside, that’s when I knew Horang2 used Dark Templars. I was scrambling to try and defend. I did not think about this situation and turned into a draw situation, I will become a player to be ready for anything.

Q. In the rematch you were calm and won.

A. I won because of the strategy session with the coaching staff and players. We picked this predicting Horang2 won’t use Dark Templars again. Because Horang2’s scouting probe was not coming, I thought I was going to lose but since he played safe and teched up to Robotics Facility, it turned out nicely.

Q. As the captain, isn’t the losing streak a large burden?
A. Jaedong, Sea, and Killer did not perform their level and turned into an unexpected situation. If I just found ‘my’ pace, I thought I could safely win. If I do a little bit better, I trust that the team will get back on track

Q. You have so many good players, why did you lose so much?
A. I don’t think there is any special reason. I think we all have small weak points in our game. There was a 3 month gap before joining Team 8 but I’m not sure if that is the problem.

Q. Is there a player on Woongjin Stars you want to play.
A. In round 1 and set 5, I met Kim Myung Woon ((Z)ZerO) and lost, I want to meet him again and win. If I meet (T)Light, thank you very much ^^.

Q. Your next objective?

A. Personally I want to win all my games, and the team goal is to win all our matches. I will do my best to win.

Q. Anything you want to say.
A. I am thankful for the coaching staff for giving me many chances. From now on I’ll win more games and show a more Captain-like appearance.


Yum So Sung ((T)Sea) "I wanted to avoid Protoss”


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Team 8’s Yum Bo Sung ((T)Sea) is called the Proleague Warrior. Even if his individual league record suffered, he has maintained a devastating 60-70% win rate each year. But as soon as he entered Team 8, he fell to a 1 Win and 6 Loss, a little above 10% win rate. It is an embarrassing record for Sea, even enough for his fan nickname of Proleague Warrior to slowly wither. But if you start analyzing, Sea has been only meeting Protoss so we can feel at small ease from that. The first game Sea met another race, Zerg, even beating CJ Entus’ Shin Dong Won ((Z)Hydra) to give their team the match point.

Q. This is your season’s first interview.
A. I’m embarrassed it’s only my first interview. I believe firsts are important. Now that I have done my first interview, I think I’ll win more.

Q. You have been showing weakness in your Protoss matchup.
A. If I look at last season I thought my vZ was hard and vP was easy, it changed this season. In practice it turned out well but I kept losing in public matches. Now that I have broken my streak, I want to meet Protoss in my next game.

Q. You kept playing Protoss.
A. I’ve been Protoss all throughout round 1. I still had confidence but I wanted to avoid it at least once. Since I kept meeting Protoss I ran out of builds to use. I think it was just bad luck.

Q. You met Zerg today and won.
a. Terran has a special immunity against Zerg. Most Terran players have a base skill ready. Even in the map ‘Outlier’, it is difficult to play against Zerg but I had confidence. I could’ve won even if I met Protoss. Next time I will show a more perfect game in my favor.

Q. Original MBC Game players have been judged poorly on many occasions, did you feel distressed.
A. I saw the community once and it was shocking. I thought of this as a warning sign. From now on I will win often to erase those memories.

Q. Tomorrow you’re going on ‘Battle.Net Attack”.
A. Yeah I am going out, on that program’s living witness with Seo Kyung Jong ((Z)Shark, retired player > commentator) caster. Hope many people watch it, it is my last appearance on MBC Game.

Q. In your match against Woongjin, do you want to meet (T)Light?
A. Even in last season he didn’t have a better record than me, but this season I felt a blow against my self-esteem. Instead of playing Light, I would like to play against the person I lost to on Woongjin, Kim Yu Jin (Shy) and want to win against him.

Q. Anything you want to say.
A. The fans scolded me a lot. Our Team 8’s players and coaching staff are taking those points into consideration. We desperately wanted to win today. We need more cheers from the fans. For round 2 I want to win all of my games to end 5 wins 2 losses, to match a 50% rate, I will do my best to achieve so please support us.


[Daily e-sports Park Woon Seung journalist photo@dailyesports.com]
Tyson - http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=54984
Jaehoon - http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=54986
Sea - http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=54987
“Together with SK Telecom in the eSports world (www.sktelecom.com)”

Translated by Kimoleon.
Whew that was huge, time for small breaku~ Also Team 8 Fighting!

Edit : Corrected.
#nanashin #once | No Sana No Life | BW Forever ~
rainei
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada1316 Posts
January 15 2012 09:58 GMT
#2
WeeeeeeeeeEEE go kimo!
All aboard the HSY fanboat/train/ whatever form of transportation you desire!! Everyday is Sojin day
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
January 15 2012 10:02 GMT
#3
Thank you!
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
January 15 2012 10:15 GMT
#4
Thanks for the translations
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
January 15 2012 10:20 GMT
#5
Lol, everyone making fun of Light's TvP, ex-teammates are cruel!

Thanks for the translation
I think esports is pretty nice.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51546 Posts
January 15 2012 10:23 GMT
#6
On January 15 2012 19:02 Ryo wrote:
Thank you!


you must be giddy on the inside,technically it was MBC that won
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
January 15 2012 10:26 GMT
#7
On January 15 2012 19:23 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2012 19:02 Ryo wrote:
Thank you!


you must be giddy on the inside,technically it was MBC that won

Not giddy on the inside, more like a sense of relief.

MBC beat CJ a couple times last season, so anything was possible.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-15 10:34:35
January 15 2012 10:34 GMT
#8
On January 15 2012 19:26 Ryo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2012 19:23 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On January 15 2012 19:02 Ryo wrote:
Thank you!


you must be giddy on the inside,technically it was MBC that won

Not giddy on the inside, more like a sense of relief.

MBC beat CJ a couple times last season, so anything was possible.

Ain't fooling me. :D I just hope that you can feel like that more often. Team 8 performing better would make this Proleague perfect.
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
January 15 2012 10:44 GMT
#9
I enjoyed these interviews. thanks!

draw game is funny :D
Jaedong :3
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 15 2012 10:44 GMT
#10
Team 8 finally won their games .. where art thou sponsors ???? thanks for the interview.
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
sinistral
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore859 Posts
January 15 2012 10:44 GMT
#11
Thanks for the translated interview!
(´・ω・`)
oldgregg
Profile Joined February 2011
New Zealand1176 Posts
January 15 2012 11:03 GMT
#12
Team 8 FIGHTING!!!!!
Calculatedly addicted to Substance D for profit by drug terrorists
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
January 15 2012 11:05 GMT
#13
Well that was fast, thanks for the interviews, and I hope that someone does a translation for the KT vs Stars interviews.
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
January 15 2012 11:21 GMT
#14
Yeah Team 8! You just can't help feeling bad for them and wishing they'd win after the season they've been having...
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
January 15 2012 11:29 GMT
#15
MBC 3-0, I are happy.
WriterXiao8~~
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-15 11:30:49
January 15 2012 11:30 GMT
#16
Thank god T8 got new uniforms, those prison outfits were completely terrible. Sexy casual?

Thanks for the translations, much appreciated.
Fly Jaedong, fly!
S2Glow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Singapore1042 Posts
January 15 2012 11:37 GMT
#17
lol tyson so bm hahaha
<3 Katelyn , C Zerg. Dying wish is to watch proleague live and see my girlfriend which gonna be soon! <33
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
January 15 2012 12:18 GMT
#18
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Keone
Profile Joined April 2011
United States812 Posts
January 15 2012 12:22 GMT
#19
Is it just me or do Tyson and Jaehoon look remarkably alike in those photos?
BW Forever. Flash is the Ultimate Bonjwa.
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
January 15 2012 13:11 GMT
#20
Thanks for translating. I'm really appreciate it.
Congrats Team 8
Learn,live and love it.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason95
BRAT_OK 48
Railgan 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16977
Mini 363
Dewaltoss 154
Hyuk 135
ggaemo 111
firebathero 101
ZZZero.O 89
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8682
febbydoto11
League of Legends
Doublelift1810
Counter-Strike
Fnx 795
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4885
Khaldor1277
crisheroes925
Liquid`Hasu814
Other Games
summit1g4839
FrodaN2068
fl0m1007
Beastyqt938
mouzStarbuck333
KnowMe324
ArmadaUGS132
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 104
• Adnapsc2 27
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 46
• 80smullet 20
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8875
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur210
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 55m
INu's Battles
15h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 55m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.