• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:33
CEST 05:33
KST 12:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8661 users

[FanArt] How SC2 made me fall in love with BW - Page 10

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
hellbound
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2242 Posts
November 28 2011 13:31 GMT
#181
Oh god, FBH right there, awesome touch.
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
November 28 2011 13:32 GMT
#182
On November 28 2011 20:50 SeinGalton wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Wow, I'm quite overwhelmed by this incredible response ... you guys rock. I'm especially humbled by the kind words from the various TL Staff members (<3 NeverGG): thank you so much!

I've read every single comment up to now and I think I should respond to at least some of the points raised:

On the Zerg Bias:
Yeah, there is a Zerg bias and yes I'm a zerg player, but honestly the two have little to do with one another. It has more to do with the hastiness in which I did it - Zerg units are easier to paint because they're organic. As for Zero and Jaedong: Jaedong had to be in and his legendary stare would automatically make him the huge face hovering above everything else; and Zero had some kick ass photos and - at least to me - had a remarkable rise this year as he firmly rooted himself as Woongjin's ace. Apologies to T's and P's! I'll try to be fairer in the future!

On the Star Wars pastiche:
I neglected to add this into the OP but yes - it is absolutely a pastiche of the old Star Wars posters. I felt referencing something like Star Wars was very apt in illustrating Brood War, plus it's just a blueprint for awesomeness.

On a Wallpaper Version:
I'm sorry to disappoint those looking for a wallpaper version, but currently that would mean quite a bit of work and I don't see the result turning out as well as this poster. The format kinda lends itself to the style. But, due to the frequency of the request, I'll see if I can find time to specifically do a BW wallpaper, racially balanced and featuring Stork!

On tame taken to make:
It took about 3 full days to make this, with the help of NeverGG's wonderful photos and google to find references for the units. It's pretty rushed and relies pretty heavily on the photos especially!

On a Printable Poster Version:
I'll want to go over the ultra-highres version and make sure it's good, but if it's ok with NeverGG I'll release an huge printable version for free. It'll be 35cm x 51cm @ 300 DPI, though it should look good at 150 DPI as well, scaling it up to just over a meter. Again, because of the use of the photos I'd first need NeverGG's consent to do this (even if it's only a formality).

Again - mad thanks to everyone! I'm wearing a terrifying grin and audibly purring as I drink my morning coffee and read through the comments. You guys rock.

<3 BW, <3 TL, <3 E-Sports.

Do you have anything to say regarding the previous request to blow up FBH a little bigger? :D I would still laminate and hang up the current version on my wall, but i was just wondering xD
Translator
RetoX
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong252 Posts
November 28 2011 13:32 GMT
#183
sick fan art oO gg !!
Twitter : http://bit.ly/twitt-RetoX ♦ facebook http://on.fb.me/RetoX ♦
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
November 28 2011 13:50 GMT
#184
On November 28 2011 21:48 Radfield wrote:
Just so you know, NeverGG is a girl!


oh, shhiiiiiii .... fixed now! I'm so embarrassed - apologies to the lady!

On November 28 2011 22:32 rotinegg wrote:
Do you have anything to say regarding the previous request to blow up FBH a little bigger? :D I would still laminate and hang up the current version on my wall, but i was just wondering xD


I'll see what I can do - it'll require some repainting but it shouldn't be a big deal. Looking at it now, I think it might work better with a larger FBH, so it's definitely a good change.
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
Keone
Profile Joined April 2011
United States812 Posts
November 28 2011 13:57 GMT
#185
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BW Forever. Flash is the Ultimate Bonjwa.
ShatterZer0
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1843 Posts
November 28 2011 14:30 GMT
#186
O.O Comepletely worth the spotlight. Awesome art~!
A time to live.
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
November 28 2011 15:51 GMT
#187
liked it! mooAAAARRRR!
JIJIyO
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1957 Posts
November 28 2011 16:13 GMT
#188
Someone else in this thread said you were doing a Star Wars theme. If that's the case, I think this picture would really complete the poster considering all that Savior has done........he truly did become the Sith =/

Sith Lord
KT_Violet
BobTheBuilder1377
Profile Joined August 2011
Somalia335 Posts
November 28 2011 16:26 GMT
#189
Well done sir. I hope you make more of these because this is an amazing picture. =)
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
November 28 2011 16:42 GMT
#190
Freaking amazing work dude! I second the motion on a wallpaper version.
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
Pvvned
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States409 Posts
November 28 2011 17:39 GMT
#191
I thought it was ForGG instead of ZerO, but that made me wonder why ForGG would be there.

Then I realized the color of the glasses.
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/R1CH/Happy2.gif
hipaul
Profile Joined May 2009
United States274 Posts
November 28 2011 18:18 GMT
#192
Amazing job!! Really really love FBH running around the nuke half-naked
SAMSUNG KHAN | tensai[ra] on iccup | Stork, Jangbi, Roro, Shine, Reality, Turn | Miss you Grape even though you failed in pvp and Brave the King of Chain Reaction
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
November 28 2011 20:01 GMT
#193
Using this as my current wallpaper but please, please get a wallpaper version T.T
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
November 28 2011 20:02 GMT
#194
OMG this is crazy good!

Love fbh in there too :D
Jaedong.
iSometric
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
2221 Posts
November 28 2011 23:11 GMT
#195
Bisu looks funny lol.
strava.com/athletes/zhaodynasty
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
November 28 2011 23:24 GMT
#196
Bro, i don't care what you say. you are a fucking good artist
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
SpeaKEaSY
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1070 Posts
November 28 2011 23:25 GMT
#197
lmao didn't notice FBH past Bisu's handsome face at first. BW forever
Aim for perfection, settle for mediocrity - KawaiiRice 2014
imperator-xy
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Germany1377 Posts
November 28 2011 23:34 GMT
#198
good work
Keone
Profile Joined April 2011
United States812 Posts
November 29 2011 07:32 GMT
#199
I already commented saying how amazing this was, but I just noticed:

Zerg: Guardians + clouds of Scourge
Toss: 1 Carrier
Terran: 1 Wraith

I originally thought this was unfair for the terran...

but ironic as this is... the Wraith would win XD
BW Forever. Flash is the Ultimate Bonjwa.
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
November 29 2011 09:40 GMT
#200
On November 29 2011 16:32 Keone wrote:
I already commented saying how amazing this was, but I just noticed:

Zerg: Guardians + clouds of Scourge
Toss: 1 Carrier
Terran: 1 Wraith

I originally thought this was unfair for the terran...

but ironic as this is... the Wraith would win XD


You forgot the mutas :-)
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 240
NeuroSwarm 203
FoxeR 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3633
Leta 1911
Bale 54
Shine 18
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g7998
JimRising 576
WinterStarcraft430
ViBE158
Mew2King15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick673
BasetradeTV207
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta18
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo746
Other Games
• Scarra1039
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 28m
Patches Events
11h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 28m
OSC
19h 28m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.