• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:33
CEST 19:33
KST 02:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7565 users

[FPL] [G] Player Overview - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
November 25 2011 08:47 GMT
#21
On November 25 2011 17:22 Scarecrow wrote:
Having trouble deciding on a team too, woonjin seem like they have great depth and value at 3 pts. STX are terrible and barely worth 1, ACE at 0 seems the better bet. Speaking of ACE Kal and Great should be good value and will get alot of game time. It seems that players always perform well after their move to ace, at least for a while. Just look at ggaemo and fbh. Kal is too good not to earn 4 pts worth of value. Probably the best pickup this time around alongside the 6 p'ters Leta/Light/Soulkey if one of them catches fire.

Why not Best instead of Kal? He's likely to get almost as much game time and isn't in a slump. Plus he's on SKT1 so team points are a bonus.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 09:16:56
November 25 2011 09:14 GMT
#22
I've never picked my team considering current players strength. I picked, those who's playstyle I like, who's the most cutiest, my favourite players.
What is the point of making a super-duper winning team? The choices are so obvious, all you have to do is to choose the all-time workhorses of PL and enjoy the point flow. This at least will can guarantee good results in any case.
That is not my way, no.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 25 2011 09:23 GMT
#23
On November 25 2011 18:14 letian wrote:
I've never picked my team considering current players strength. I picked, those who's playstyle I like, who's the most cutiest, my favourite players.
What is the point of making a super-duper winning team? The choices are so obvious, all you have to do is to choose the all-time workhorses of PL and enjoy the point flow. This at least will can guarantee good results in any case.
That is not my way, no.


This will net you a solid performance. It's doubt-able you would win that way. In order to win you have to take gambles and go out on limbs about you think is going to do well. There are also not enough points to just gobble all the strong PL players.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
November 25 2011 10:40 GMT
#24
On November 25 2011 18:23 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 18:14 letian wrote:
I've never picked my team considering current players strength. I picked, those who's playstyle I like, who's the most cutiest, my favourite players.
What is the point of making a super-duper winning team? The choices are so obvious, all you have to do is to choose the all-time workhorses of PL and enjoy the point flow. This at least will can guarantee good results in any case.
That is not my way, no.


This will net you a solid performance. It's doubt-able you would win that way. In order to win you have to take gambles and go out on limbs about you think is going to do well. There are also not enough points to just gobble all the strong PL players.

Yeah agreed. You also need to get lucky. I don't see any point in just making personal fan picks and ending up with a bad team. FPL is a competition, of course you're meant to pick people you think are going to win. And @letian I don't think it's as easy as you say. To get a really good team usually takes me about 4 hours of pouring over their stats. If it was so simple, everyone would do it.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
November 25 2011 11:03 GMT
#25
On November 25 2011 18:14 letian wrote:
I've never picked my team considering current players strength. I picked, those who's playstyle I like, who's the most cutiest, my favourite players.
What is the point of making a super-duper winning team? The choices are so obvious, all you have to do is to choose the all-time workhorses of PL and enjoy the point flow. This at least will can guarantee good results in any case.
That is not my way, no.


High five! What's with all these people thinking logically and actually doing research and making practical choices that will help them win. Screw all that crap, man. I blew 18 points on Bisu and Stork and it was 100% worth it :D

+ Show Spoiler +
inb4 they make me regret saying that
Writer:o
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
November 25 2011 15:13 GMT
#26
Dear people who said Soulkey is a good choice: You're right. Even the first guy put in his big post about how good Soulkey is, I had reread what I said and thought "Wait a minute..."
IGotPlayguuu
Profile Joined June 2011
Italy660 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 15:26:55
November 25 2011 15:26 GMT
#27
Nice! It seems like putting light in my antiteam wasn',t a good decision
BW |JaeDong|Bisu|FBH|BeSt| SC2 |MC|DRG|MMA|TLO|HuK|July|ClouD| ||| Boxer best player ever! ||| "HuK never use penix" ||| I <3 SeleCT ||| GO Space! ||| Nerf Roach! |||
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
November 25 2011 16:41 GMT
#28
On November 26 2011 00:26 IGotPlayguuu wrote:
Nice! It seems like putting light in my antiteam wasn',t a good decision

Heh yea I'd probably take a second look at that.
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 16:43:06
November 25 2011 16:41 GMT
#29
On November 25 2011 18:23 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 18:14 letian wrote:
I've never picked my team considering current players strength. I picked, those who's playstyle I like, who's the most cutiest, my favourite players.
What is the point of making a super-duper winning team? The choices are so obvious, all you have to do is to choose the all-time workhorses of PL and enjoy the point flow. This at least will can guarantee good results in any case.
That is not my way, no.


This will net you a solid performance. It's doubt-able you would win that way. In order to win you have to take gambles and go out on limbs about you think is going to do well. There are also not enough points to just gobble all the strong PL players.

Yes , to win you have to think hard for your team, but attitude can be different.
Isn't it way cooler to actually pick the ones you always liked, not the ones you think will do well?
Actually I've picked:
Soulkey for cap
Leta <333
Baby <3
Shine <3
Wooki - WOOO!
Dear - kinda like him too since he was in OZ

No JD, sorry my friend, but I'm superstitious here, I think, that if I pick him, he will start slumping again, no(((
This is it, these are the players I like.
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
November 25 2011 16:43 GMT
#30
I meant air force ace btw lol
▲ ▲ ▲
bearbuddy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3442 Posts
November 25 2011 16:47 GMT
#31
On November 25 2011 20:03 Kiett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 18:14 letian wrote:
I've never picked my team considering current players strength. I picked, those who's playstyle I like, who's the most cutiest, my favourite players.
What is the point of making a super-duper winning team? The choices are so obvious, all you have to do is to choose the all-time workhorses of PL and enjoy the point flow. This at least will can guarantee good results in any case.
That is not my way, no.


High five! What's with all these people thinking logically and actually doing research and making practical choices that will help them win. Screw all that crap, man. I blew 18 points on Bisu and Stork and it was 100% worth it :D

+ Show Spoiler +
inb4 they make me regret saying that


Yeah. In the end, a lot of it comes down to luck, heh. Might as well put down my favorite players so that I'll never feel conflicted when cheering for them.
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
November 25 2011 16:47 GMT
#32
@ letian: Fortunately I have a lot of my favourite players as well, especially HORANG FREAKING TWO! : )

and Taekwon: I had to look a long way back in the thread to see what you were talking about. :O But ye I thought maybe that's what you meant but ehh.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 25 2011 17:02 GMT
#33
On November 26 2011 01:41 letian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 18:23 L_Master wrote:
On November 25 2011 18:14 letian wrote:
I've never picked my team considering current players strength. I picked, those who's playstyle I like, who's the most cutiest, my favourite players.
What is the point of making a super-duper winning team? The choices are so obvious, all you have to do is to choose the all-time workhorses of PL and enjoy the point flow. This at least will can guarantee good results in any case.
That is not my way, no.


This will net you a solid performance. It's doubt-able you would win that way. In order to win you have to take gambles and go out on limbs about you think is going to do well. There are also not enough points to just gobble all the strong PL players.

Yes , to win you have to think hard for your team, but attitude can be different.
Isn't it way cooler to actually pick the ones you always liked, not the ones you think will do well?
Actually I've picked:
Soulkey for cap
Leta <333
Baby <3
Shine <3
Wooki - WOOO!
Dear - kinda like him too since he was in OZ

No JD, sorry my friend, but I'm superstitious here, I think, that if I pick him, he will start slumping again, no(((
This is it, these are the players I like.


I can understand why this would be fun but for me trying to make the best team is the most fun. I like pouring through players, their stats, records, match histories, etc. From there I try to construct who might do well and who might not do well. For me its extremely fun to try and predict who is going to play well; and trying to decide is this 8 point guy worth it over this 5 point guy who might be really, really good but could turn out to be mediocre.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
November 25 2011 17:09 GMT
#34
L_Master - I'm curious how well that works out for you? Like what kind of FPL results do you usually get? I mean, I agree with you entirely or I wouldn't of wrote this!

But I never done this before and usually have done that "pick randomly/guys you like" approach so I'm wondering. : )
KamMoye
Profile Joined December 2010
United States721 Posts
November 25 2011 17:18 GMT
#35
you're way off on killer. 60% win-rate in proleague since january 1, 2011.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 25 2011 17:20 GMT
#36
On November 26 2011 02:09 Bibbit wrote:
L_Master - I'm curious how well that works out for you? Like what kind of FPL results do you usually get? I mean, I agree with you entirely or I wouldn't of wrote this!

But I never done this before and usually have done that "pick randomly/guys you like" approach so I'm wondering. : )


Actually I have never done FPL before.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
November 25 2011 17:27 GMT
#37
On November 26 2011 02:18 KamMoye wrote:
you're way off on killer. 60% win-rate in proleague since january 1, 2011.

Fair enough, but you'll have to forgive me for remaining skeptical. I'll admit I haven't seen a ton of those games, but just looking at the names, I'm not overly impressed. Also of note is that a lot of those wins were on Icarus, which Killer was really good on for whatever reason. He was 14-7 on that map altogether. :O But yea that's a pretty respectable run against any level of opposition. : )

And L_Master: Nice ! Good luck. ^_^
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
November 25 2011 21:06 GMT
#38
On November 26 2011 02:27 Bibbit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 02:18 KamMoye wrote:
you're way off on killer. 60% win-rate in proleague since january 1, 2011.

Fair enough, but you'll have to forgive me for remaining skeptical. I'll admit I haven't seen a ton of those games, but just looking at the names, I'm not overly impressed.

How can your opinion be credible at all if you just say ___ sucks while never watching his games?

You can't just base opinion off TLPD. Otherwise, you can say something ridiculous like Soulkey is awful at ZvT because his win percentage is below 50%.

You should actually start watching Killer's games because his play now tells a completely different story than what you are looking at in TLPD. (also need to drop the preconceived bias of him being bad from games forever ago as that Killer is not relevant to current Killer)

(if you want VOD links that better show his play now then say so)

Moderator。◕‿◕。
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
November 25 2011 21:12 GMT
#39
I threw Killer into my FPL team so many times and took him out. He will do well, I just couldn't find the space with him to make a more balanced team work.

This write up was pretty nice, but a little bit bias at the same time. I can't blame you for it though, you love some players and you hate some players. Thank you for your effort.
Brood War forever!
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
November 25 2011 21:54 GMT
#40
On November 26 2011 06:06 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 02:27 Bibbit wrote:
On November 26 2011 02:18 KamMoye wrote:
you're way off on killer. 60% win-rate in proleague since january 1, 2011.

Fair enough, but you'll have to forgive me for remaining skeptical. I'll admit I haven't seen a ton of those games, but just looking at the names, I'm not overly impressed.

How can your opinion be credible at all if you just say ___ sucks while never watching his games?

You can't just base opinion off TLPD. Otherwise, you can say something ridiculous like Soulkey is awful at ZvT because his win percentage is below 50%.

You should actually start watching Killer's games because his play now tells a completely different story than what you are looking at in TLPD. (also need to drop the preconceived bias of him being bad from games forever ago as that Killer is not relevant to current Killer)

(if you want VOD links that better show his play now then say so)


Yeah obviously you're right. I would actually love if you posted me some games of him showing some sick play. Maybe one of each match up if you can? ZvT in particular I'd like to see a game against bio since I seen most of his vs mech games and know he's sick good at it. Also part of me knows the numbers aren't entirely fair, especially given how great I think Hydra's ZvT is despite lackluster numbers. I suppose I just goofed. : )

I have already conceded that I was unfair to Soulkey, but I should probably throw it in the OP or something !
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1111
ComeBackTV 845
SteadfastSC829
TaKeTV 626
IndyStarCraft 227
Rex138
EnkiAlexander 74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 829
IndyStarCraft 227
Rex 138
ProTech135
UpATreeSC 57
BRAT_OK 51
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39609
Shuttle 806
Mini 389
Larva 332
Rush 308
Hyuk 113
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 83
Mong 71
Trap 43
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 25
Rock 21
Shine 17
Sacsri 13
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9881
qojqva1691
Counter-Strike
fl0m1433
Fnx 779
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1379
Khaldor1265
Other Games
FrodaN1443
Beastyqt401
XBOCT238
DeMusliM237
ArmadaUGS207
Mlord190
KnowMe127
C9.Mang0120
XaKoH 86
QueenE83
Mew2King74
CosmosSc2 11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV238
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH314
• StrangeGG 42
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4017
Other Games
• imaqtpie518
• Shiphtur340
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 27m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 27m
Online Event
17h 27m
FEL
22h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.