• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:26
CEST 18:26
KST 01:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9051 users

[G] Streaming BW on JustinTV - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
jimmyjingle
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States472 Posts
October 02 2011 05:26 GMT
#61
this is the most comprehensive and useful tutorial i've found on streaming, thank you~
I get brain like a skull
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 05:42:44
October 02 2011 05:42 GMT
#62
On October 02 2011 14:01 fold wrote:
Added a more few things in the guide:

Using Vista:
  • You need a copy of Virtual Audio Cable which you can find a demo version of here.

    Note: Demo version has an annoying loop every few seconds which says "Trial".

  • On Windows, go to Control Panel -> Audio Devices and Sound. Set Line 1 as the Default Device under Playback.

  • Open up notepad and paste the following code into it. Save this file as VAC.bat somewhere you will remember.
    + Show Spoiler +
    start /min "audiorepeater_ks" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater_ks.exe" /Input: "Virtual Cable 1" /Output: "Realtek HD Audio Output" /BufferMs:200 /Autostart /Priority:Normal

    Replace Realtek HD Audio Output with whatever your default sound card output is

    Note: You'll need to play around with the buffer settings to find out what works best. Higher buffer means there will be more audio lag but also will help reduce audio stuttering.


  • Create a shortcut of VAC.bat and put it in your Windows Startup folder.

  • Run FMLE and change the Audio Device to Virtual Cable 1.


Thanks to bibiane for helping me.


WOW, So damn obvious and I could never figure this out, THANKS so much for figuring out how to get sound in fullscreen with my shitty setup, this finally works for me !! Fullscreen here I come!!!!!!!! omg im so happy.....Still need to get a microphone though.......But regardless, no more streaming in windowed mode! This will help me play so much better! THX!!!!!!!! <3<3<3 ,I've been trying to figure out how to get this working for like over a year....... lol

and the crazy thing is , is that it only needed 1 VAC lol
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Beamer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States242 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 17:41:53
October 02 2011 17:08 GMT
#63
Thanks so much for the Camtasia/FLME/VAC guide to stream Brood War. Would have never got anything working without it. Having said that, there was was a small deviation I had to do to get the audio working correctly.

In your batch file, you use audiorepeater_ks for everything to get both mic and speaker output. However, I was unable to select my mic using ks. I was able to choose a mic input when I used audiorepeater_mme. I'm not sure why I can only select my mic using mme and not ks, but I guess this is worth considering for those who cannot get the batch file to work. Unless, of course, I'm completely wrong and I should be avoiding mme.

Also, for those of you who don't know what to replace Realtek Audio Driver In/Out with in the batch file, run Audiorepeater_KS and look in the wave out dropdown box. Those are your output choices. Similarly with the wave in dropbox are your input choices. Took me a few minutes to figure this out.
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 13:31:52
October 08 2011 10:08 GMT
#64
i also have a problem with the sounds that i hear aren't broadcasted. if i set vac 1 to default then i can't hear anything myself through my headset so that kind of defeats the purpose. is there a work around to this or another program i can use to broadcast what i hear?


edit: very easy way of making audio work without all that VAC bullshit, download and install xsplit, run xsplit, set audio device in FMLE to xsplitbroadcaster.

this is running fullscreen in windows 7

also if you have the microphone selected in camtasia it your microphone works also
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 13:27:27
October 08 2011 13:20 GMT
#65
Try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/

Having to run xsplit just to have stereo mix working is a very round about way and I did write those VAC sections only for Vista and XP so...

Edit: Fixed up minor things.
t.t
zappa372
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Chile365 Posts
October 08 2011 17:04 GMT
#66
I love the guide, thanks a lot.

That said, I have problems streaming
My stream shows funny colors, altough my game looks fine.
I'm using FMLE 2.5, camtasia 5, and fullscreen mode. The stop-then-start camtasia trick didn't made it
Has someone the same problem?, if not, maybe I'll have to dual boot D:

Thanks in advance, and again, awesome guide.
EE HAN TIMING!
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
October 08 2011 20:54 GMT
#67
On October 09 2011 02:04 zappa372 wrote:
I love the guide, thanks a lot.

That said, I have problems streaming
My stream shows funny colors, altough my game looks fine.
I'm using FMLE 2.5, camtasia 5, and fullscreen mode. The stop-then-start camtasia trick didn't made it
Has someone the same problem?, if not, maybe I'll have to dual boot D:

Thanks in advance, and again, awesome guide.

did you f11-f9 once u are actually in a game and not in the lobby?
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
October 09 2011 18:17 GMT
#68
This guide is amazing I can finally stream my BW in fullscreen instead of playing in W-Mode thanks so much T_T
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
lastreason
Profile Joined May 2010
Romania250 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-09 22:32:11
October 09 2011 22:31 GMT
#69
this guide is very good, i followed it step by step and it was all ok ........ except for audio cable thing , but in the searching tl i found all my answers

zappa once u start the game just go f11 then f9 and w8 a little and the collors wil be ok ( or f9 and f11 ) one or the other
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
October 10 2011 06:56 GMT
#70
On October 09 2011 02:04 zappa372 wrote:
I love the guide, thanks a lot.

That said, I have problems streaming
My stream shows funny colors, altough my game looks fine.
I'm using FMLE 2.5, camtasia 5, and fullscreen mode. The stop-then-start camtasia trick didn't made it
Has someone the same problem?, if not, maybe I'll have to dual boot D:

Thanks in advance, and again, awesome guide.

Can you post a link to your stream so I can take a look?

On October 10 2011 07:31 lastreason wrote:
this guide is very good, i followed it step by step and it was all ok ........ except for audio cable thing , but in the searching tl i found all my answers

zappa once u start the game just go f11 then f9 and w8 a little and the collors wil be ok ( or f9 and f11 ) one or the other

What problems did you have with the audio cable thing and how did you solve it?

That VAC part is only meant for Windows Vista and XP. If you're using Windows 7 you probably don't need it.
t.t
zappa372
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Chile365 Posts
October 10 2011 07:38 GMT
#71
On October 10 2011 15:56 fold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 02:04 zappa372 wrote:
I love the guide, thanks a lot.

That said, I have problems streaming
My stream shows funny colors, altough my game looks fine.
I'm using FMLE 2.5, camtasia 5, and fullscreen mode. The stop-then-start camtasia trick didn't made it
Has someone the same problem?, if not, maybe I'll have to dual boot D:

Thanks in advance, and again, awesome guide.

Can you post a link to your stream so I can take a look?

Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 07:31 lastreason wrote:
this guide is very good, i followed it step by step and it was all ok ........ except for audio cable thing , but in the searching tl i found all my answers

zappa once u start the game just go f11 then f9 and w8 a little and the collors wil be ok ( or f9 and f11 ) one or the other

What problems did you have with the audio cable thing and how did you solve it?

That VAC part is only meant for Windows Vista and XP. If you're using Windows 7 you probably don't need it.


Thanks for the responses guys, unfortunately the f9 -> f11 stop and start trick didn't make it neither in-game, lobby or main screen.
Here's the link to my channel, there are some test recordings
http://www.justin.tv/zappa372

Thanks in advance.
EE HAN TIMING!
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
October 10 2011 08:06 GMT
#72
Okay so looks like camtasia is working for everything else but you get a black screen/messed up colours in BW. The hotkeys can be set to anything but if you followed the guide they should be F11 for stop and F9 for start. So you want to press F11 first then F9.
t.t
yB.TeH
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany419 Posts
October 10 2011 14:41 GMT
#73
i had to switch my reset hotkeys from f11 f9 to alt+f11 and alt+f9 because the old ones somehow stopped working
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
October 10 2011 14:57 GMT
#74
Man, I'm so bad with computer stuff. I managed to get a stream up and running using this guide, which is great because I've never even been able to do that before. But I still cannot stream BW without fucked up colours and shit.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
October 12 2011 02:43 GMT
#75
On October 08 2011 22:20 fold wrote:
Try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/

Having to run xsplit just to have stereo mix working is a very round about way and I did write those VAC sections only for Vista and XP so...

Edit: Fixed up minor things.

This link should be added to the OP for Win 7 Stereo Mix. You don't need VAC to set up stereo mix. Just follow this and it should work perfectly. (Save $$ :D)
Jaedong.
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
October 12 2011 02:46 GMT
#76
On October 10 2011 23:57 Holgerius wrote:
Man, I'm so bad with computer stuff. I managed to get a stream up and running using this guide, which is great because I've never even been able to do that before. But I still cannot stream BW without fucked up colours and shit.


What streaming software are you using? And what is your stream link?

On October 12 2011 11:43 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 22:20 fold wrote:
Try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/

Having to run xsplit just to have stereo mix working is a very round about way and I did write those VAC sections only for Vista and XP so...

Edit: Fixed up minor things.

This link should be added to the OP for Win 7 Stereo Mix. You don't need VAC to set up stereo mix. Just follow this and it should work perfectly. (Save $$ :D)


Yes I'll edit that in. I thought it was obvious that you don't need to use VAC for Windows 7 but obviously not
t.t
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
October 12 2011 04:53 GMT
#77
On October 12 2011 11:46 fold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 23:57 Holgerius wrote:
Man, I'm so bad with computer stuff. I managed to get a stream up and running using this guide, which is great because I've never even been able to do that before. But I still cannot stream BW without fucked up colours and shit.


What streaming software are you using? And what is your stream link?

I'm using FMLE and SCFH DSF, and my stream link is http://sv.twitch.tv/holgerius
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
fold
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia665 Posts
October 12 2011 16:28 GMT
#78
On October 12 2011 13:53 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 11:46 fold wrote:
On October 10 2011 23:57 Holgerius wrote:
Man, I'm so bad with computer stuff. I managed to get a stream up and running using this guide, which is great because I've never even been able to do that before. But I still cannot stream BW without fucked up colours and shit.


What streaming software are you using? And what is your stream link?

I'm using FMLE and SCFH DSF, and my stream link is http://sv.twitch.tv/holgerius

Please read the guide again. Full screen streaming is only done using FMLE and Camtasia. Other combos will have messed up colour or black screen.
t.t
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
October 12 2011 16:41 GMT
#79
On October 13 2011 01:28 fold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 13:53 Holgerius wrote:
On October 12 2011 11:46 fold wrote:
On October 10 2011 23:57 Holgerius wrote:
Man, I'm so bad with computer stuff. I managed to get a stream up and running using this guide, which is great because I've never even been able to do that before. But I still cannot stream BW without fucked up colours and shit.


What streaming software are you using? And what is your stream link?

I'm using FMLE and SCFH DSF, and my stream link is http://sv.twitch.tv/holgerius

Please read the guide again. Full screen streaming is only done using FMLE and Camtasia. Other combos will have messed up colour or black screen.

I see, that explains things.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
October 13 2011 16:26 GMT
#80
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but once you've set up your stream, please go to the stream settings on twitch.tv and set the category to "Gaming". There is a restriction on the number of available streams to certain countries, and only streams set to "Gaming" are exempt from this.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 32
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1101
Mini 932
Shuttle 825
Soma 596
actioN 492
Rush 354
Light 311
Larva 304
Stork 271
ggaemo 249
[ Show more ]
BeSt 236
Horang2 211
Snow 176
Dewaltoss 131
hero 129
firebathero 127
Barracks 76
Aegong 74
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 51
Sexy 36
Shinee 36
Sharp 34
Shine 31
JYJ 31
soO 25
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 23
sorry 16
zelot 16
Trap 14
Terrorterran 11
Rock 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8975
qojqva2109
Dendi866
420jenkins168
Counter-Strike
fl0m1323
Fnx 770
x6flipin643
edward59
pashabiceps3
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5604
Grubby1494
Other Games
singsing1399
B2W.Neo1002
byalli454
ceh9333
Mlord316
Khaldor260
Beastyqt210
DeMusliM197
ArmadaUGS166
Liquid`VortiX160
KnowMe132
Trikslyr51
BRAT_OK 40
Railgan16
TKL 9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV260
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH250
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile123
• Reevou 2
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• blackmanpl 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV411
League of Legends
• Nemesis2564
• TFBlade814
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 34m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 34m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.