• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:06
CEST 12:06
KST 19:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8271 users

[Interview] Best in-depth with Fomos - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
jtst93
Profile Joined April 2011
4 Posts
April 02 2011 16:25 GMT
#41
--- Nuked ---
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
April 02 2011 16:32 GMT
#42
wow I was never much of a best fan, but I feel so sad for him after reading this... I guess it sucks to be slumping and sick. I agree with the card idea--this man needs some cheering up!
Writer
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
April 02 2011 17:07 GMT
#43
wow... Almost wish I hadn't read the interview. Thanks for translating so fast (reference to hite game means it was written in the past week). I stay a best fan until the day he retires, and then for some time after that. Doh Jae Wook fighting!

Oh, and now there going to interview another protoss silver medalist who is slumping, and I'm a big fan of. Hopefully that one won't be as sad.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
san-tokie
Profile Joined May 2007
Korea (South)185 Posts
April 02 2011 18:11 GMT
#44
Depressing... but the sad reality of many progamers. I love Best but for sure he hasn't hit rock bottom yet. We can only imagine what was going on with Kwanro, Guemchi and others when they decided to quit.

Anyway he was on the bench in last nights game, and a group of fans did show up to give him support with a bunch of signs. Cheer up, Best!
MisteR
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Netherlands595 Posts
April 03 2011 09:10 GMT
#45
"Naturally, it has to be Jangbi." XD

The king of macro will be back. I'm looking forward to round five!
Nal_Ra/Much/Horang2/Flying fighting!~
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
April 03 2011 09:13 GMT
#46
On April 03 2011 03:11 san-tokie wrote:
Depressing... but the sad reality of many progamers. I love Best but for sure he hasn't hit (P)Rock bottom yet.

I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
erin[go]bragh
Profile Joined December 2008
United States815 Posts
April 04 2011 07:20 GMT
#47
This made me so sad

It's very easy to forget sometimes how much pressure these progamers are really under. It must be really painful to watch yourself fade away like that. Here's hoping he will have a great come back in R5!

Definitely wish we could send him a card. If only he knew his fans on the other side of the world are still rooting for him, it might cheer him up some!

But I'm sure he'll come back with a vengeance, and macro so hard that he rolls his opponent with a 300/200 army. Best fighting!
JulyZerg! by.hero, effOrt, KTY.
Seraphic
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3849 Posts
April 04 2011 07:35 GMT
#48
I hope he recovers soon.

It's sort of bad seeing BeSt do so poorly.
Natus Vincere Fan | Team Secret Fan | SK Telecom T1 Fan | Lanaya the Templar Assassin <3
DMXD
Profile Joined February 2008
United States4064 Posts
April 04 2011 08:15 GMT
#49
Wow...The first depressing progamer interview I ever read. I was hoping for some really light hearted fun questions but it was a complete opposite.

Hope Best recover from this.
Treeplant
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States214 Posts
April 04 2011 09:33 GMT
#50
I'm a Best fan since the 2008 OSL finals is what first got me into BW progaming... poor Best. I don't think I've ever read a BW interview that was this honesty about the progamer reality.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
April 04 2011 09:52 GMT
#51
Man, that was quite the sad interview.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
April 04 2011 10:07 GMT
#52
Best, always a fan.

Hang in there.
Writer
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
April 04 2011 22:09 GMT
#53
Best...

Nasty Netizens. I get the feeling that Korean Netizens are worse than western ones.
polgas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1791 Posts
April 04 2011 23:39 GMT
#54
Never thought him to sound so dejected with being a progamer. It hasn't been a year since he showed off his abs during the SPL finals to taunt KT. Also wasn't that long ago that he did the "Bad Girl, Good Girl" dance. But the last game I saw him play was Flash manhandling him with mech drops left and right. I think his slump started then.
Leee Jaee Doong
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
April 05 2011 00:01 GMT
#55
On April 05 2011 07:09 dukethegold wrote:
Best...

Nasty Netizens. I get the feeling that Korean Netizens are worse than western ones.

Of course, Asian culture is more "disciplined" by their parents at younger stage of their life, so they tend to take every critism much more seriously than the western people and therefore more likely to be depressed (I know this cuz I am Asian). Why can't progamers be like "Fuck you man! At least my mother can fit into an overlord/nydus canal" or something like that and then show everybody who is the boss?
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
April 05 2011 00:02 GMT
#56
On April 05 2011 07:09 dukethegold wrote:
Best...

Nasty Netizens. I get the feeling that Korean Netizens are worse than western ones.

I always thought that was common knowledge haha.

I would totally be in for a BeSt get well card as well.

Bit of a depressing interview, hang in there best!
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 05 2011 00:36 GMT
#57
On April 05 2011 09:01 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2011 07:09 dukethegold wrote:
Best...

Nasty Netizens. I get the feeling that Korean Netizens are worse than western ones.

Of course, Asian culture is more "disciplined" by their parents at younger stage of their life, so they tend to take every critism much more seriously than the western people and therefore more likely to be depressed (I know this cuz I am Asian). Why can't progamers be like "Fuck you man! At least my mother can fit into an overlord/nydus canal" or something like that and then show everybody who is the boss?

I really don't think it makes a difference what culture you're from, there's lots of people who are intensely critical of strangers for no apparent reason.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
April 05 2011 00:42 GMT
#58
On April 05 2011 09:36 Chef wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2011 09:01 Xiphos wrote:
On April 05 2011 07:09 dukethegold wrote:
Best...

Nasty Netizens. I get the feeling that Korean Netizens are worse than western ones.

Of course, Asian culture is more "disciplined" by their parents at younger stage of their life, so they tend to take every critism much more seriously than the western people and therefore more likely to be depressed (I know this cuz I am Asian). Why can't progamers be like "Fuck you man! At least my mother can fit into an overlord/nydus canal" or something like that and then show everybody who is the boss?

I really don't think it makes a difference what culture you're from, there's lots of people who are intensely critical of strangers for no apparent reason.

Well statistically speaking (or from what I have seen), Asians are more sensitive to these things.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
HowSoOnIsNow
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada480 Posts
April 05 2011 00:50 GMT
#59
Wow best sounds depressed.....he's the only Protoss that i actually ever liked with Bisu....man he doesn't have a great opinion of himself either....T__T

...poor Best....
Real mens play Zerg.. Startale fighting.
HowSoOnIsNow
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada480 Posts
April 05 2011 00:54 GMT
#60
On April 05 2011 09:42 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2011 09:36 Chef wrote:
On April 05 2011 09:01 Xiphos wrote:
On April 05 2011 07:09 dukethegold wrote:
Best...

Nasty Netizens. I get the feeling that Korean Netizens are worse than western ones.

Of course, Asian culture is more "disciplined" by their parents at younger stage of their life, so they tend to take every critism much more seriously than the western people and therefore more likely to be depressed (I know this cuz I am Asian). Why can't progamers be like "Fuck you man! At least my mother can fit into an overlord/nydus canal" or something like that and then show everybody who is the boss?

I really don't think it makes a difference what culture you're from, there's lots of people who are intensely critical of strangers for no apparent reason.

Well statistically speaking (or from what I have seen), Asians are more sensitive to these things.


Statistically speaking? Where did you get that statistic from lol!!
Real mens play Zerg.. Startale fighting.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22013
firebathero 2201
Bisu 720
Hyuk 443
Horang2 272
BeSt 210
Sexy 123
EffOrt 121
Larva 120
Leta 112
[ Show more ]
Soma 98
Light 94
Killer 83
Dewaltoss 82
ZerO 52
ToSsGirL 48
Rush 41
Pusan 40
soO 40
Sharp 37
Yoon 36
Barracks 33
Shinee 25
Bale 23
Aegong 21
NaDa 18
Sacsri 18
sorry 17
Hm[arnc] 16
JulyZerg 11
Noble 6
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Fuzer 178
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1254
byalli749
kRYSTAL_49
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor952
crisheroes770
Other Games
gofns32858
singsing1717
olofmeister1068
Mew2King99
ArmadaUGS41
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2378
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 54m
OSC
11h 54m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 54m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.